Pub 115 Feedback Thread

Comments

• ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    edited March 2023
    Sounds good...

Another question I have: we focus a lot on offense with gear but not so much on defense, so is it technically feasible to add creature protection % to non talisman gear? If so I can think of some wonderfully specific upgrades for old SA weapons or armor which would add specific protections for different mobs. That might make them worthwhile to obtain if for instance you like farming Miasma or something specific like that.

As I collect old artifacts I'll think about what mods might make them see some specialized use and share. Cheers!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    Kyronix said:
    @ Valeria - I'm personally a big fan of using old items as ingredients in recipes.  We've done it a couple times in the past.  The hurdle we run into though, is what makes the new item better?  We're definitely at a point where the window of something being desirable vs. junk is very small for a number of players.  Thanks for the suggestions though!  While we can't do any new recipes for this event it's something we can look at for the next one.
    Would be nice if you could redo the Suits we can get as drop pieces.  They also are not great now.  Alorons is not bad because it is newer. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 778
    Kyronix said:
    @ Valeria - I'm personally a big fan of using old items as ingredients in recipes.  We've done it a couple times in the past.  The hurdle we run into though, is what makes the new item better?  We're definitely at a point where the window of something being desirable vs. junk is very small for a number of players.  Thanks for the suggestions though!  While we can't do any new recipes for this event it's something we can look at for the next one.
    Please add a class of recipes that allows conversion of some artifacts that have no gargoyle equivalents, e.g.:

Leurocian mempo of fortune / elegant collar of fortune -> necklace with same stats can be worn by any class.
    Armor of fortune (chest piece) -> gargish stone chest with upgraded (say +5) resists compared to human version.
    Method for "merging" certain human earrings with a gargoyle earrings.  Would cover yukio, ninja earrings, etc.  Alternately, an earing "container" that holds a "standard" gargoyle earrings item + one of the aforementioned human yukio/ninja earring, etc.

A general recipe for upgrading the "Armor of fortune" would be nice too. say the upgraded piece ends up with 250 luck, 25 LRC, 15 resists.  Allow that to be altered/converted for gargoyle use too.

The first two could be handled by allowing those items to be converted by Vrulkrax in Tel Mur.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,856
    Kyronix said:
    Please add a class of recipes that allows conversion of some artifacts that have no gargoyle equivalents, e.g.:

Leurocian mempo of fortune / elegant collar of fortune -> necklace with same stats can be worn by any class.
    Armor of fortune (chest piece) -> gargish stone chest with upgraded (say +5) resists compared to human version.
    Method for "merging" certain human earrings with a gargoyle earrings.  Would cover yukio, ninja earrings, etc.  Alternately, an earing "container" that holds a "standard" gargoyle earrings item + one of the aforementioned human yukio/ninja earring, etc.

A general recipe for upgrading the "Armor of fortune" would be nice too. say the upgraded piece ends up with 250 luck, 25 LRC, 15 resists.  Allow that to be altered/converted for gargoyle use too.

The first two could be handled by allowing those items to be converted by Vrulkrax in Tel Mur.
    Or we could just admit mistakes and add all those things and star treating gargoyles like other races 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 265
    Any updates for this event?

Oreogl said:
    Any updates for this event?

It's not like it's spring why on earth would a spring event start now
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    It still begins in April.  Few more days!
    Kyronix said:
    Yeah, was just hoping to see what the rewards will be since it’s less than two weeks out.

Not a big deal, I don’t have a lot riding on this.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    Valeria said:
    @ Kyronix

Have you thought about making special "treasure of..." Tokens? You could make them part of each future event for some amount of artifacts. Would let you choose a single treasure from a past event. You could also put them in the store to generate some revenue. Seems like a win for everyone  ;)
    The only revenue that you would generate is for EA only.  EA collects all cash for subs / expansions / EA Store.  UO Store uses SOVs that you buy from EA Store.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,059
    Oreogl said:
    Kyronix said:
    Yeah, was just hoping to see what the rewards will be since it’s less than two weeks out.

We typically don't get to see the rewards before they are live. Last event (Archlich) was more of an exception to the rule. I think only Archlich event has been put on TC1 to test full rewards ahead of time... I believe the Wildfire event was only testing the WF Ozzy but that was a clicky.

I wish they brought things to TC1 more so that we could test the items and provide feedback (the archlich gloves were changed a little based on feedback and so was the WF Ozzy); it would prevent some items being added that would never really be selected (the antique splintering weapon comes to mind among a few others). I'll give credit where it is due... some of the items (like WF Mask / Balron armor) have been knocked out of the park without feedback... but there are a bunch that were misses, in my opinion. As an example, almost every single weapon as a reward has been lackluster with just about all of them being around the same (if not worse) than an imbued weapon (outside the Deceit bladed staff).
    keven2002 said:
    Oreogl said:
    Kyronix said:

We typically don't get to see the rewards before they are live. Last event (Archlich) was more of an exception to the rule. I think only Archlich event has been put on TC1 to test full rewards ahead of time... I believe the Wildfire event was only testing the WF Ozzy but that was a clicky.

I wish they brought things to TC1 more so that we could test the items and provide feedback (the archlich gloves were changed a little based on feedback and so was the WF Ozzy); it would prevent some items being added that would never really be selected (the antique splintering weapon comes to mind among a few others). I'll give credit where it is due... some of the items (like WF Mask / Balron armor) have been knocked out of the park without feedback... but there are a bunch that were misses, in my opinion. As an example, almost every single weapon as a reward has been lackluster with just about all of them being around the same (if not worse) than an imbued weapon (outside the Deceit bladed staff).
    Usually uo.cah data mines and post pictures so i assume nothing is patched for event yet 
    keven2002 said:
    Oreogl said:
    Kyronix said:

No arguments here, would be nice to provide the feedback but you can’t please everyone.

like I mentioned it’s not make it or break it for me, was just hoping for a glimpse.
    Oreogl said:
    keven2002 said:
    Oreogl said:
    Kyronix said:

No arguments here, would be nice to provide the feedback but you can’t please everyone.

like I mentioned it’s not make it or break it for me, was just hoping for a glimpse.
    Quietly stumble in the dark and accept whatever you are given like everyone 
    Grimbeard said:
    Oreogl said:
    keven2002 said:
    Oreogl said:
    Kyronix said:

Quietly stumble in the dark and accept whatever you are given like everyone 
    That’s like 90% of my gameplay. Lol

I frantically mash buttons until something happens.
    @Kyronix should we assume if there's going to be new items we'll test them on test first or just release on live shards untested? 
    And i know your thinking no need to test but every gargoyle not enjoying Yukio earrings disagrees...
    The new equipment items have already been released on TC1 when 115 was deployed, otherwise we will be re-introducing some equipment from previous events.  New decorative and collectible items will be deployed to live.  Not much to test there.

The other point I want to mention is that when it comes to equipment stats - we will of course always read feedback, but at this stage in the game what we often get asked for is another "best in class" item.  Understandably we can't do that with every new piece of equipment, as a result we often see a lot of negativity surrounding those items being released.  Not everything is going to please everyone all the time, and we try to provide a selection of equipment that can be utilized - but 25 years in, with characters pushing the limits of maxing out efficiency, that becomes quite a challenge.
    Kyronix said:
    The new equipment items have already been released on TC1 when 115 was deployed, otherwise we will be re-introducing some equipment from previous events.  New decorative and collectible items will be deployed to live.  Not much to test there.

The other point I want to mention is that when it comes to equipment stats - we will of course always read feedback, but at this stage in the game what we often get asked for is another "best in class" item.  Understandably we can't do that with every new piece of equipment, as a result we often see a lot of negativity surrounding those items being released.  Not everything is going to please everyone all the time, and we try to provide a selection of equipment that can be utilized - but 25 years in, with characters pushing the limits of maxing out efficiency, that becomes quite a challenge.
    So you're gonna fix it and release a gargoyle version of yukio;)
    Kyronix said:

Sounds good.  Unrelated, any chance to make the vorpals attackable in guard zone?
    So only the items pictured on uo.cah which all appear to be strictly deco plus some recycled items ??
    Grimbeard said:
    So only the items pictured on uo.cah which all appear to be strictly deco plus some recycled items ??

That is a fan site and what they report has no bearing on what may, or may not actually be deployed to the live game.

We'll be re-releasing some old reward items, some new deco, as well as the new Bogling Hide Mukluks which will be available from the champ spawn that is part of Counterfeit Commodities.
    edited March 2023
    Okay! And thanks for interacting with us!!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023

Kyronix said:
    but at this stage in the game what we often get asked for is another "best in class" item.  Understandably we can't do that with every new piece of equipment, as a result we often see a lot of negativity surrounding those items being released.  Not everything is going to please everyone all the time

"I just don't see the point in shooting yourself in the foot, you've come up with the system where big bosses give good loot. Then make the loot pointless by releasing a pair of gloves that literally can't be beaten, they had 8 mods already on test, and were already best in slot, then just randomly chuck another 9th mod on because yolo,

My mage is now so powerful, i am literally killing people without casting any spells"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I know it's probably too late but Jolly Rogers flag please @Kyronix
    edited March 2023
    While I understand every item can't be best in class, for me personally there has to be something worthwhile for players to work towards (that do not want decorations) that aren't the same exact items from previous events; ideally a couple things. Otherwise, there is no point for someone like me to play the same cookie cutter content of a dungeon crawl when I already have like 10 sets of Epps given they are included in every other cycle or boots or escaping in almost every cycle etc.

It's is perfectly fine if the same old items are just going to be recycled but "new" content is pretty much the last thread that's keeping be subscribed so if we are at the point of no longer advancing functional items then I can probably just let my subs run out and I can check back in a couple years to see if things are still around.

An advancement of functional items doesn't have to be best in slot; although with some slots literally having like 2 options it isn't hard to be best in slot in some cases. I'm all for things like the Shrine Teleporter we got for Wrath of Fey or the wand of warding / transmog lantern from Hythloth which were advancements to gameplay without actually being something we wear or best in slot.

I've already mentioned in another thread recently an idea that would still kind of advance gameplay a little which would be to put the same mods from an old item on a new item or just tweak the mods ever so slightly. Example: Take the archlich robe, keep the stats but make it an easter egg color and make it a shroud. You could stop right there and that would be worthwhile for many people just for a different look. You could go one step further and maybe change the +resist into +eval/magery/med/focus etc. None of this would create best in slot items; the only thing it would do is create options. Which ironically enough is something UO has been about from the start... options/choices.

I will give credit where credit is due and say there is usually at least one or two items per event that are advancements so I'm hopeful that people who have been loyal to UO and played every event actually have something different to play for.
    Grimbeard said:
    Oh man, I just looked there.  Kinda wish I hadn’t.

I'll of course reserve my final judgment until we go live but after waiting what 6 months seems very underwhelming..
    To be fair... something like balron chest or archlich gloves or lucky mask (etc) were not new art or new properties so those also weren't in any data mining scrape. We could still get something worthwhile that uses existing art and existing properties.

Grimbeard said:
    I'll of course reserve my final judgment until we go live but after waiting what 6 months seems very underwhelming..

This is pretty much in line with what I've said before where we should get more "new" content (ie dynamic events) more frequently (have them be 2 months max). This would take some pressure off of the Dev team to deliver on rewards because the next reward cycle is only 2 months away instead of 6 months. I agree that there will be some serious disappointment, for me at least, if we don't get some new usable options for rewards after waiting over 4 months for new stuff to work towards.
    keven2002 said:
    To be fair... something like balron chest or archlich gloves or lucky mask (etc) were not new art or new properties so those also weren't in any data mining scrape. We could still get something worthwhile that uses existing art and existing properties.

Grimbeard said:

This is pretty much in line with what I've said before where we should get more "new" content (ie dynamic events) more frequently (have them be 2 months max). This would take some pressure off of the Dev team to deliver on rewards because the next reward cycle is only 2 months away instead of 6 months. I agree that there will be some serious disappointment, for me at least, if we don't get some new usable options for rewards after waiting over 4 months for new stuff to work towards.
    I think we are in the same boat.  My time in UO recently has been roof runs, idocs, and skill training.  None of which require a sub as far as I know.    Id probably close 2/3 accounts and leave one house stand and eat the cost of the garden beds and rustic pack (or whatever pack it was) I bought for this event.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited March 2023
    Sounds good.

Spawn with a Boss drop booties.

Eggs are a participation drop maybe.

Eggs on Abomination Bunnies.

Buy Deco with eggs.  Like last years Spring Fever.

The plinths are popular, everyone wants them now.

PLEASE Different color cubes!!!!!  PLEASE

Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.