Pub 115 Feedback Thread

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
-Vet Rewards
-Valentine's Day Stuffys
-Counterfeit Commodities

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,856
    Is this the final version of fishing pole?  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Nothing is finalized, we still have the TC phase and feedback to work through.
    Excellent! 
    I think my thoughts on fishing poles are well known so won't recap how about just giving it swords of prosperity stats?
    edited January 2023
    Green thorns 
    Only used in tram or fel 
    Plant in fields 
    Only a chance at summoning 
    A (seems like ) weaker vaprol bunny has counterfeit egg as loot
    Where and how will we get them 

With statue 3115 luck doing in fel
  • HippoHippo Posts: 266
    Is the VDay clickee on TC broken? Two different characters clicked and got nothing.  The Guilf flag looks cool-looks like I'll be blowing a 4th vet reward or two on those! Can you change guild once vet reward locked down or will we be stuck with initial flag chosen?
    Needless to say we need jolly Rogers flag option 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    Does the person who planted the green thorn get a chance at an egg if he is not in the top 3 contributors?

With some of the fields being in guard zone  there be issues with the spawn being guard wacked in know my guild had chardy wacked before 
    I know it's Longshot but have eggs drop instead of cargo for us pirates?  Or let us fish them up 
  • BeedleBeedle Posts: 10
    I'd like to vote that the fishing pole be given the spell channeling attribute.  

Also, will it wear out on Siege (have uses?) 
  • Fishing Pole Testing:

No Imbued
    No Reforged
    Yes Enhanced - However, not with Frostwood
    • Yes Oak
    • Yes Ash
    • Yes Yew
    • Yes Bloodwood
    • Yes Heartwood
    • No Frostwood
    I'm suspecting the intent is for the pole to also be able to be enhanced with Frostwood?
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    @Kyronix ; Since these eggs rely on planting a thorn, a lot of chasing rabbits you can't attack, a time delay between planting, and "chance to get"  Good Luck coming up with the turn in numbers for the rewards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,170
    I AM BACK!!! Whew...I was about to throw something!

About the planting delay:

If you have enough people in your party, the delay won't matter, just have the next person in rotation plant.

Also depends on how long it takes to kill the actual mob, it might take longer then the timer so again, the delay won't matter.

About the number of eggs...MAXIMUM number of eggs from one single encounter (According to the patch notes) is 4. Top 3 contributors plus a possible extra one on the corpse.  NOW that number can change IF the possible extra one can be obtained by ALL members of the party.

Should be interesting, this sounds like a fun event, glad you found another use for the eggs.

The stuffys:

Super cute, creepy laugh! Adorbs, so thank you!

Vet rewards:

Sand vortex is an odd one, the others are good so far, will wait to see what  else besides spell channeling you put on the fishing pole.

About the refinement station...is there a way to get refines to test it out? 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited January 2023
    @Larisa I think the refinement station makes a random refinement. Like the stumps, or ore carts.

• Refinement Generator – 11 Year
      • Generates random refinement precursors up to Fortified once per week, and stores up to 8 refinements

Kill some bunnies.  You do not get an egg per bunny, much less 4.  With luck, I was at lower than 50% getting one egg.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited January 2023
    The 5 rabbits I killed I got eggs on all of them.

I have 6 thorns left, will use them all then post my results.

I also don't have my full luck suit on TC so I am only at 875

Okay so I just did 8 thorns in a row.

1. On Corpse
    2. On Corpse
    3. None
    4. Backpack Drop
    5. None
    6. Backpack Drop
    7. Backpack Drop
    8. None

5 out of 8

These are the three messages I got when I got the backpack drops

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    edited January 2023
    the refinement should be once a day and hold 100 they are not op ;}
  • TimTim Posts: 783
    edited January 2023
    Fishing Pole Testing:

No Imbued
    No Reforged
    • Yes Oak
    • Yes Ash
    • Yes Yew
    • Yes Bloodwood
    • Yes Heartwood
    • No Frostwood
    I'm suspecting the intent is for the pole to also be able to be enhanced with Frostwood?
    Doesn't enhancing with Frostwood just add spell channeling?

Never mind just check. I had thought it came with spell channeling (it doesn't)
  • Tim said:
    Fishing Pole Testing:

No Imbued
    No Reforged
    • Yes Oak
    • Yes Ash
    • Yes Yew
    • Yes Bloodwood
    • Yes Heartwood
    • No Frostwood
    Doesn't enhancing with Frostwood just add spell channeling?

Never mind just check. I had thought it came with spell channeling (it doesn't)
    The poles I tested did not have spell channeling or any other properties. Evidently Kyronix is going to add some property(ies) to the pole, which may or may not make enhancing with Frostwood irrelevant.

Just thought I'd post about the inconsistencies with enhancement, since that's where things are at right now.
    -Arroth
    I think the luck number is your actual luck
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2023
    Using the thorns from the clicky in Brit Commons I killed 11 rabbits in Trammel with 100 luck and received 0 counterfeit eggs, either as a drop or on the corpse.

UO just likes Larisa better.

--
    Time from planting to Bunny is 14s. (I was timing it with a stopwatch in another window, so it's probably 15s.)

Time from planting to being able to plant again is 180s (3 min).

--

maxLuck is your characters luck Stat (or at least it appears to be. I started killing stuff in Felucca and the 1000 bonus doesn't show in maxLuck, but removing my 100 luck pants drops maxLuck to 0, putting them back on returns maxLuck to 100).

--

It's much easier to kill the bunnies in Felucca as the guard zones are irrelevant. This will incentivize Felucca play and PvP.

By planting your thorn in the center of 4 sheaves of hay you can "Tactically Restrain™" the bunny.

The same Tactical Restraint™ can be achieved with two crossed Energy Fields.

Vorpal bunnies may need to learn "Teleport" prior to the publish going live.
    -Arroth
    edited January 2023
    Yeah only 100 luck, I think this event you will need higher.

The messages I got were all different, I hate numbers so I won't even fathom a guess on what they mean lol BUT:

They all say luck chance 0:2700 =
    All the ='s are different

Luck Chance 0:2700 = 1668
    Luck Chance 0:2700 = 2478
    Luck Chance 0:2700 = 2529

And then Max Luck  = 875

I am going to try copying my max luck suit over and see how that changes things.

Okay I was going to do another 10 but I don't think I have to.

With 3485 Luck with the Fel Luck Bonus

4 out of 4 thorns I got eggs on BOTH in my pack and on the corpse.

Conclusion?

USE LUCK! lol

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    can you please make it to where we can insure the stuffy?
    I know Cupid would love to be able to carry it around with her.
    Ignore the debug barks.  They are not relevant and without context mean nothing. 
    Kyronix said:
    Ignore the debug barks.  They are not relevant and without context mean nothing. 
    Fine then keep your secrets 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    is there a reason why co-owners can't use the salvager?
    co-owners can put stuff in, but only home owner can salvage
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Fine then keep your secrets 
    :)
  • I did some more thorn/egg testing.

All testing 100 luck. Same character/stats/everything.

Trammel (20 Thorns)
    0 Eggs in Pack
    0 Eggs in Corpse

Felucca (20 Thorns)
    1 Egg in Pack
    1 Egg in Corpse (same bunny as the egg in pack)

--

From what Larisa has posted, it looks like even a little bit of luck (800 or so) dramatically increases the drop rates.

-Good luck everyone
    -Arroth
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    i liked the egg collecting the bots were no big deal lie others say was nice to have a none fighting event for once  this sounds like a pain to be honest
    i was hoping we could turn in are eggs from last year im not the only one fingers crossed :)

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 500
    edited January 2023
    Honestly, i don't see much point to the Salvaging Station, since a Salvage Bag does much the same thing. If it allowed the salvaging of Wood from gear/furniture, Bone from Bone Armor, Granite from Stone Weapons/Armor, or Ingots/Leather from Whips, then it'd be useful. Currently all "failures" (not worth reforging/imbuing/enhancing) of those get trash canned since they can't be recycled.
  • DestinyDestiny Posts: 10
    edited January 2023
    I would really like to know who BG is!
    It would be cool if the pole had something added to it (even if its luck or maybe +5 fishing? :) ), and dyed a cool color as well, right now it is pretty boring for a vet reward.

Also the frost mite is just black in classic, unless I am missing something.