Pub 115 Feedback Thread

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    Skett said:
    pole is second year vet reward thats the cost
    Meh, I wished  that Veteran Rewards sold in the game had their pricing reflect the age of the account necessary.... unfortunately, as Auction safes, a 1 Year Veteran Reward, clearly show (but there is plenty more Veteran Rewards examples along this line...), the in-game pricing for Veteran Rewards is entirely detached from the Account age necessary to claim that Reward....

Which, to me, is totally wrong since an older account obviously, paid more in subscriptions as compared to a younger age account....
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,200
    Prices used to scale before we were able to use any reward and they started being deleted at idocs. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Have you been getting reports of issues dismounting (manual dismount via double click) the frost mite? I just went to dismount my frost mite in brit commons and just lost my second ethy statue.
    I didn't notice that it did that.
    mine isn't in Cinderella's backpack either.

I just tried it on TC on Tooth Fairy and it does the same thing.
    in CC it will still be in your backpack
    you can click it to mount up and click on yourself to dismount.

but when I logged in EC (with Pinco's UI)
    and clicked to mount it and then used the dismount icon
    I dismounted the ety but it isn't in the grid anymore.
    and when I switch to CC it isn't in there either.

i just double clicked my health bar in EC and it goes back into the backback.
    it is only when you use the dismount icon that it poofs

=====

do you use Pinco's UI?
    I'm using CC when this happens. I've lost one in Brit Commons (not around the auto dismount area - I was near the pet gates down south) and one at the Luna Bank. I haven't been able to test it much because once they are gone I can't get another one unless I create a new char and run back to brit commons. 

The first time I rode it around and to see how it looked and dismounted once or twice no problem and when I was making my feedback to post here I hopped off to see if a regular beetle had the shading issue the frost mite have (which I got the beetle from the bank) and when I dismounted at Luna my frost mite disappeared. I thought it was a log in thing so I relogged and still nothing. I thought maybe it was just me (but I did report it here). 

Just the yesterday I went to test a couple other things so I was in Brit commons riding the frost mite when I wanted to try the fishing pole so I hopped off near the pet gates at brit commons and again the frost mite was gone; it never went into my pack.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,856
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    “It’s already on the wiki page, and has been for a long long time:

• Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it.
    • Harvesting saltpeter in Felucca applies a 1000 point luck bonus.“
    Well, but Kyronix specifically mentioned that the 1,000 Felucca Luck bonus does NOT apply to the eggs generated in Felucca...

Yet, aren't those eggs still " Loot "?

I mean, by reading the UO Wiki page, and that "Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it ", why shouldn't the players think that "also" for the eggs of the upcoming Event the 1,000 Felucca Luck bonus was to apply ?

We now know it because Kyronix mentioned that it does not apply.... but my opint is, that the issue was NOT clear and of a simple understanding since, it required a specific Query and precise Answer from a Developer.

Not to mention that, to my understanding, the 1,000 Felucca Luck bonus applies to Resource gathering.... is getting resources considered as "Loot" ?

Hence, to my opinion, the explaination of the 1,000 Felucca Luck Bonus should be more precise as in regards to what it applies on and what not.
    Maybe it fell into spellbook straps?  Or it wouldn't be the first time a vet reward hadn't worked properly 
  • SeleenSeleen Posts: 4
    edited February 2023
    I can not understand correctly the benefit of fishing pole will be spell channeling with FC net 0 because I always play on EC and there is useful action “target by resource.”

Although I fish every day these days but I was not troubled by its absence in the fight against enemies, for example the deep sea serpent, because that very useful action helps me to take again my fishing pole after casting spells.

Anyone wrote about actual benefit for real player about the fishing pole.
    I have an idea of it and it is not same as anyone.
    It’s an another view point.

“Prevents the fisherman from fishing up any kind of footwear” is nice to me but there are not stimulating enough because it is one of the veteran rewards.

Fishing skill will be as weapon skill with the special fishing pole is very good idea but I do not want it because I always fight on the inside, not the edge of the ship.

More importantly I think are crabs and lobsters.

Of course those can be taken in traps in the real world, but have you ever caught a crawfish?
    Why can't you catch those with a rod?
    With a special fishing pole, you would not be punished for catching crabs and lobsters.
    Because, in fact, you can catch them with rod in the real world.
    I had got so many crawfish by lod as a child, but I can’t get it on Britainia now.

If it comes true, I will certainly get it.
    It will be a revolution in fishing on Ultimate Online.
  • SeleenSeleen Posts: 4
    edited February 2023
    I can’t get it on Britainia now.
    Oops, I made a mistake.
    It’s Britannia.
  • popps said:
    Skett said:
    pole is second year vet reward thats the cost
    Meh, I wished  that Veteran Rewards sold in the game had their pricing reflect the age of the account necessary.... unfortunately, as Auction safes, a 1 Year Veteran Reward, clearly show (but there is plenty more Veteran Rewards examples along this line...), the in-game pricing for Veteran Rewards is entirely detached from the Account age necessary to claim that Reward....

Which, to me, is totally wrong since an older account obviously, paid more in subscriptions as compared to a younger age account....
     Vet Reward prices on vendors and auction safes reflect the demand. Vet Reward statues aren’t nearly as expensive as house add-on crafting tools or ethy’s … Vet Reward robes aren’t nearly as expensive as commodity deed boxes. It’s an economy, so economic theory applies.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    Unused vet rewards are over inflated 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    @Seleen I would like to know more about catching crawfish with pole.  I have never seen that. Also I did not know that people ate crawfish or shrimp until I was over 18. I always stuck them on a hook to catch real food.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @Pawain come down south and you will find out real fast how Crawfish is real food.. lol
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2023
    @Pawain is Texas far enough down south ? lol

how far you from Beaumont they have a great crawdad festival :) 

• @Pawain
    In my case, I had catched them not for foods but pets.
    It’s not most efficient way but one way of enjoing like this.

• Love the guild flags and they look fine in EC. They appear broken in Classic Client when locked down. The animation is truncated about 25% on the right side. For example, when viewing a horse flag in your pack you see a complete horse. When locked down in CC, the horse's head is missing in the waving flag. Please fix this oversight, or perhaps an undersight.
  • Mu_WhiskersMu_Whiskers Posts: 19
    edited February 2023
    Can't edit the last post, but the animation looks normal in CC when the flag is turned with the head waving as expected on the left. It's just the the initial facing when the pole is on the left that the graphics is abbreviated.
    Seleen said:
    @ Pawain

I like those red ones! Maybe they can be a mount in this event! pinch pinch.  They would fit the swamp theme!
  • Pawain said:
    Seleen said:
    @ Pawain

I like those red ones! Maybe they can be a mount in this event! pinch pinch.  They would fit the swamp theme!
    That’s very nice idea! I think so too.
    With 115 going live can we assume the issue with ethy frost mite has been identified and fixed?  @Kyronix
    Grimbeard said:
    With 115 going live can we assume the issue with ethy frost mite has been identified and fixed?  @ Kyronix
    Did you go try to replicate?  I got one in EC and CC and mounted and dismounted over and over and it popped in my bag every time.  Then I went to the ropes and was dismounted.  Bug was in my bag.  

Only issue I see is the EC version is HUGE!

None of the original testers said whether or not their backpack count showed a -1 when they could no see their bug.  But I am special and do not have bugs with UO...
    Are you going to dispute despite multiple reports  ? Put the pom poms up paddy
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Without concrete steps to reproduce, there's not much to go on.  I can say that the frost mite follows the same implementation as every other ethereal mount.
    Kyronix said:
    Without concrete steps to reproduce, there's not much to go on.  I can say that the frost mite follows the same implementation as every other ethereal mount.
    Thank you for responding!
    Grimbeard said:
    As usual you do not do anything helpful, like testing it, you just complain and resort to personal attacks.

• Thanks for the headless horse head guild flag fix! No more worries of waking up with a horse head in bed a la the godfather scene.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    As usual you do not do anything helpful, like testing it, you just complain and resort to personal attacks.
    And this post is a fine example of said behavior...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 508
    I clicked the ethereal frostmite on and off for a few
    minutes, on different subservers, and also letting it auto-dismount me when entering a restricted area and couldn’t reproduce the bug.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,200
    Jepeth said:
    minutes, on different subservers, and also letting it auto-dismount me when entering a restricted area and couldn’t reproduce the bug.
    When testing you have to try all expected scenarios. Multi client and use bolas, dismount weps and also find dismount mobs. That should cover every base.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I still can't get salvage machine to salvage altered armor, we need to claim new one for it to work now?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 508
    Urge said:
    Jepeth said:
    When testing you have to try all expected scenarios. Multi client and use bolas, dismount weps and also find dismount mobs. That should cover every base.
    Broadsword can make my check out to cash.
    edited February 2023
    Urge said:
    Jepeth said:
    The only 2 reports said they just double clicked themselves.  They did not say they spun around in circles eating apples while dismounting.

Since they did not do further testing to see the number of items in their backpack before using the mount and when it disappeared there is no proof the mount was actually gone. It sounds like one of them found their mount after they thought it disappeared.   

Probably an error with not fully patching.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    so frostmite cant be re hued ? it was transparent on test which was ok ?
    why are you stopping the re hue of ethys ?