Pub 115 Feedback Thread

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    edited February 2023
    Fen said:
    How disappointing that the salvage station can only be used by the house owner account.  What is the point of doing that?!  I don't know of any other stations that have that restriction.
    on TC if you didn't lock down the crate
    anyone could access it
    regardless of the security
    but the items would poof after about 5 mins or so

after the crate is secured (I wish to secure this)
    then its based on the securities of the crate
    if set to co-owners only they can access it

you click on the crate for the context menu
    I put stuff in the crate and then I will have my crafter use it when its full.
    @Fen sorry I get what you are saying now.
    I used it with a co-owner on TC
    but can't do that now

@Kyronix was it intended that only the house owner can use the salvage station?
    why have security settings on the container if only the home owner can open it?
  • HelperHelper Posts: 22
    Counterfeit Commodities Reward Suggestions

Possible new rewards:
    Relevant Slayer spell book + talisman
    New best-in-slot luck item
    New best-in-slot warrior armor
    Newly-skinned, often-used tamed creature
    Cool decoration items (re-hued items and/or rarely-used graphics)

And please bring back:
    Serpent Quiver (luck/ssi)
    Yukio's Earrings (luck/sdi)
    Wildfire Mask (250 luck)
    Balron Bone Armor (dexxer tunic)
    50% sdi spell book
    Obelisk (for the slayer effect on a monster-type that is commonly used for em events)

Personally, I believe that all best-in-slot items should be re-released regularly.
  • new rewards for counterfeit eggs

New rubble maybe wood
    New dyes that never runs out. the dyes that cost 3 gold and change the color of dye tubs
    All little mushrooms in all colors
    One panel curtain
    Curtain valance
    Flower dye tub
    Parrot dye tub
    A pretty crown we can wear
    New bottles of dyes that dye everything
    New butterflies half the size of the ones last year
    flying carpet

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2023
    some great ideas ^^^
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    The crown must be able to be used as a Transmog target so need a mage and non mage variety.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,856
    Pawain said:
    The crown must be able to be used as a Transmog target so need a mage and non mage variety.
    Top hat
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    edited February 2023
    @ Fen sorry I get what you are saying now.
    but can't do that now

@ Kyronix was it intended that only the house owner can use the salvage station?

Try accessing it as the friend of a house.  Something wonky perhaps with house the security is set on these.
    Kyronix said:
    @ Fen sorry I get what you are saying now.
    but can't do that now

@ Kyronix was it intended that only the house owner can use the salvage station?

Try accessing it as the friend of a house.  Something wonky perhaps with house the security is set on these.
    i didn't have anyone on my friends list
    so i took a crafter off my co-owners list
    and friended her to the house.
    she can open the container
    but using the context menu I get this

"You must be in your house to do this."

the settings for the crate work as intended
    for opening and taking items out
    just can't salvage anything
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 265
    @Kyronix ;

Do you happen to know what rewards are going to be for the spring event?
  • @Kyronix

Have you thought about making special "treasure of..." Tokens? You could make them part of each future event for some amount of artifacts. Would let you choose a single treasure from a past event. You could also put them in the store to generate some revenue. Seems like a win for everyone  ;)
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Please do not add the ability to buy event items from the store. It would be predatory and awful.
    @ Kyronix

Have you thought about making special "treasure of..." Tokens? You could make them part of each future event for some amount of artifacts. Would let you choose a single treasure from a past event. You could also put them in the store to generate some revenue. Seems like a win for everyone  ;)

• I dunno... I disagree on that so long as the old event tokens are also available as rewards during each upcoming event.  They can still be shard bound. If you set it at 100 artifacts it essentially sets the price of any old event item at 100-125mil.  If you put these tokens in the store for 1000 sovereigns you further control the price and inflation.  Players who missed old events can play the current one to get rewards from old events without paying real life money or buy the tokens from the UO Store.  I missed the one with Balron Bone... the only piece selling on my shard is on an auction safe for 1 plat.  Doing it this way controls price inflation and helps the smaller shards out with supply, giving everyone playing the game, especially newer players who don't have plats of expendable gold, options to obtain old event items at reasonable prices.  And this game needs real life revenue to stay alive... maybe NL can bring new subscribers and revenue but this would be more reliable I think and I don't really think it's predatory for a company to sell virtual goods if the virtual goods are also available for free in the game.  It's better than a lootbox lottery designed to attract gambling addicts which is how a lot of games these days generate real life revenue.
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Yeah, I think we're just going to disagree on this front. It just hits a nerve with me whenever I see, "Hey, Broadsword, just put XYZ on the UO Store." Consider the implications:

1. The team develops experiences which are grindy and uninteresting.
    2. The team offers the "convenience" of curtailing the grind via the direct exchange of money for digital goods.

Rather than encourage the developers to extract as much wealth as possible from the current playerbase by exploiting a human's dopamnine feedback loop, I'd prefer they create experiences that are engaging and provide updates that add value to the game in the long term. This, to me, is the least cynical path toward "revenue generation".
  • It's valid.  More developers cost salaries though and there might not be much willingness to invest from EA if the games revenue isn't increasing. Store revenue could be enough to fund more engaging content. Sometimes I wish I could peek behind that curtain to see how they approach managing this one but it's probably best not to hahaha
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,059
    edited February 2023
    Not sure if anyone else is still testing on TC1 but it appears that the mini abominations are no longer taking damage half the time when I'm using my sampire. I used consecrate weapon and a few different element damage items and nada. Also doesn't appear that honor is working on them either.

Not sure if they perhaps turned off the rabbits (noticed the thorn clicky is gone).

Edit** Just took my tamer out to see if he could damage them... when having my pet guard me he was taking damage but my sampire still wasn't even allowed to attack him.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited February 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Not sure if anyone else is still testing on TC1 but it appears that the mini abominations are no longer taking damage half the time when I'm using my sampire. I used consecrate weapon and a few different element damage items and nada. Also doesn't appear that honor is working on them either.

Not sure if they perhaps turned off the rabbits (noticed the thorn clicky is gone).

Edit** Just took my tamer out to see if he could damage them... when having my pet guard me he was taking damage but my sampire still wasn't even allowed to attack him.
    The Brit fields were very buggy, you had to lead the Rabbit to the mountain in order to hit them.

If your issue is the game giving a message that you can't harm them.

He also said they would not spawn that particular bunny if you did not use the clicky thorns.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    keven2002 said:

you can't attack if its in guard zone.
    i was having that trouble at moonglow in the small pen
    you can only stand in the top row to attack
    and my pet would only attack when told it to guard me
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,059
    Ah good to know. Too bad I don't have any other clicky thorns to test further.

Honor also didn't seem to work for my sampire either but I assumed it was because I wasn't doing any damage on my hits.
    Any update on rewards for this event?
    Oreogl said:

There have been a lot of great suggestions for bringing back old items and we'll be sprinkling in some new decorative items as well!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,856
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:

There have been a lot of great suggestions for bringing back old items and we'll be sprinkling in some new decorative items as well!
    How about info on when? 
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:

Cool, I’d be down for some item bless deeds mixed in.  

Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:

How about info on when? 
    I may be mistaken but I thought the Publish notes said beginning of April.
    Oreogl said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:

How about info on when? 
    notes said you can plant the green thorns in April and May.
    It doesn't state when NATURES REVENGE starts.
    the champ spawn usually starts before those events.

March 3rd is the last day for the Royal Stuffy (poofs at the beginning of the 4th ET) 
    so I'm thinking that maybe the champ spawn will start possibly mid month
    because they usually let us do it for a bit before adding something else.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Just please no more reward items that will blow everything else in the game out of the water like gloves of archlich, I just finished redoing suits for all my chars to build around them. Plus literally don’t even look at gloves on monster corpses anymore since you can only get 8 mods, gloves were 9 mod” 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Oreogl said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:

How about info on when? 

March 3rd is the last day for the Royal Stuffy (poofs at the beginning of the 4th ET) 
    April & May as the notes say.  Happy gardening until then!
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:

How about info on when? 

April & May as the notes say.  Happy gardening until then!
    thank you
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    @Kyronix

I've got another idea for rewards if it's not too late. I play a lot of doom still and was recently running around the abyss collecting imbuing stuff on Legends where you gotta farm it yourself and collected a few nifty artifacts like the cast off zombie skin. There are a ton of interesting pieces that drop there and almost all are vastly outclassed by now.  I think instead of making new gear you should start making new recipes that incorporate SA artifacts and others from older content. Would've loved if the serpent quiver or the balron bone would've instead been recipes which used some artifact from SA. In my opinion this would be much healthier for the game. It gives crafters new stuff to make and brings folks back to the abyss. Imbuing would get cheaper as more people farm artifacts. And all those old artis could be refreshed as the power creep goes on and on. Anyways I just think the recipe idea similar to the few doom recipes is the way to go in the future. Pick a few old spots with unique drops and upgrade em. 
    @Valeria - I'm personally a big fan of using old items as ingredients in recipes.  We've done it a couple times in the past.  The hurdle we run into though, is what makes the new item better?  We're definitely at a point where the window of something being desirable vs. junk is very small for a number of players.  Thanks for the suggestions though!  While we can't do any new recipes for this event it's something we can look at for the next one.