Pub 115 Feedback Thread

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    edited February 2023
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    Jepeth said:
    I clicked the ethereal frostmite on and off for a few
    minutes, on different subservers, and also letting it auto-dismount me when entering a restricted area and couldn’t reproduce the bug.
    When testing you have to try all expected scenarios. Multi client and use bolas, dismount weps and also find dismount mobs. That should cover every base.
    The only 2 reports said they just double clicked themselves.  They did not say they spun around in circles eating apples while dismounting.

Since they did not do further testing to see the number of items in their backpack before using the mount and when it disappeared there is no proof the mount was actually gone. It sounds like one of them found their mount after they thought it disappeared.   

Probably an error with not fully patching.

I said that I double clicked myself to dismount and it worked perfectly fine.
    in both clients.

when I used the dismount icon in EC
    I dismounted but i heard the poof sound and it didn't appear in my backpack.
    I immediately logged out and went to CC and it wasn't in my backpack.
    i was fully patched and not overweight

I had 77 items in my backpack and 200/477 stones

===========

I just did it again too.

Mrs Claus logged in on EC and mounted/dismounted fine
    using the dismount icon

while mounted I switched to CC
    double clicked myself and the mount poofed

I'm not overweight
    its something to do with switching back and forth between clients

=====
    checked again with Jasper.
    logged in on CC and mounted the ethy
    switched to EC but this time I double clicked my health bar to dismount.
    It poofed again.
    It is definitely being mounted on the ethy when you log out and switching clients
    it gets deleted when you dismount, whether you use the icon to dismount or by clicking your health bar or yourself
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    "yes same, mounted on CC, dismounted on EC and poof, thanks Misk for all your hard work identifying this issue before deployment"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,856
    So two more reports of it still happening i assume since we've gone live we'll just replace any lost mounts or no working spellbook straps;)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    There not lost there mites very small hard to find in your backpack if half blind like I am 
    Skett said:
    There not lost there mites very small hard to find in your backpack if half blind like I am 
    It appears Cinderella is smart enough to mouse over her backpack and see it's missing one item but of course let's continue to question the evidence 
    I was dismounted while running around Brit it seemed strange at the time but I didn’t lose the ethy 
    I believe you all did 
    not sure if you remember after Aos gorget bug they just poofed I didn’t believe it until it happened to me 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited February 2023
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    Jepeth said:
    I clicked the ethereal frostmite on and off for a few
    minutes, on different subservers, and also letting it auto-dismount me when entering a restricted area and couldn’t reproduce the bug.
    When testing you have to try all expected scenarios. Multi client and use bolas, dismount weps and also find dismount mobs. That should cover every base.
    The only 2 reports said they just double clicked themselves.  They did not say they spun around in circles eating apples while dismounting.

Since they did not do further testing to see the number of items in their backpack before using the mount and when it disappeared there is no proof the mount was actually gone. It sounds like one of them found their mount after they thought it disappeared.   

Probably an error with not fully patching.

I said that I double clicked myself to dismount and it worked perfectly fine.
    in both clients.

when I used the dismount icon in EC
    I dismounted but i heard the poof sound and it didn't appear in my backpack.
    I immediately logged out and went to CC and it wasn't in my backpack.
    i was fully patched and not overweight

I had 77 items in my backpack and 200/477 stones

===========

I just did it again too.

Mrs Claus logged in on EC and mounted/dismounted fine
    using the dismount icon

while mounted I switched to CC
    double clicked myself and the mount poofed

I'm not overweight
    its something to do with switching back and forth between clients

=====
    checked again with Jasper.
    logged in on CC and mounted the ethy
    switched to EC but this time I double clicked my health bar to dismount.
    It poofed again.
    It is definitely being mounted on the ethy when you log out and switching clients
    it gets deleted when you dismount, whether you use the icon to dismount or by clicking your health bar or yourself
    Yup goes poof if you dismount using the Health bar.  Standing by the Brit bank for 20 secs in EC made my eys burn and now I have a headache. So I cant try anything else.

Try with another ethy mount and see what happens.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    @Cinderella - thanks for the steps.  We are investigating.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Re: the disappearing mount issue, it's related to TC1 only since vet rewards can't be delivered via the actual vet reward system.  Thanks for the reports.
    Kyronix said:
    Re: the disappearing mount issue, it's related to TC1 only since vet rewards can't be delivered via the actual vet reward system.  Thanks for the reports.
    Thanks!!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    edited February 2023
    popps said:
    Skett said:
    pole is second year vet reward thats the cost
    Meh, I wished  that Veteran Rewards sold in the game had their pricing reflect the age of the account necessary.... unfortunately, as Auction safes, a 1 Year Veteran Reward, clearly show (but there is plenty more Veteran Rewards examples along this line...), the in-game pricing for Veteran Rewards is entirely detached from the Account age necessary to claim that Reward....

Which, to me, is totally wrong since an older account obviously, paid more in subscriptions as compared to a younger age account....
     Vet Reward prices on vendors and auction safes reflect the demand. Vet Reward statues aren’t nearly as expensive as house add-on crafting tools or ethy’s … Vet Reward robes aren’t nearly as expensive as commodity deed boxes. It’s an economy, so economic theory applies.
    I was responding to Skett who said "....pole is second year vet reward thats the cost...."

That is, I was pointing out how the Age of an Active Account has, unfortunately, no bearing on the in-game price of a Veteran Reward...... 2nd Year or any Year that it might be.....

I wished it did, though, as older active age Accounts have been paying their subscription for longer.... there is a lot more money involved in a 25 Years old Active Age account as there might be in a 1 Year active Age Account.

Yet, The 1st Year Auction Safes yield more in-game gold as compared to a 20th Year Ethereal Dragon Mount (the oldest account age tradeable Reward as the 25th Year Hildebrandt Shield was made Account Bound...) that  paid 20 times more real money in Subscriptions....
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Skett said:
    pole is second year vet reward thats the cost
    Meh, I wished  that Veteran Rewards sold in the game had their pricing reflect the age of the account necessary.... unfortunately, as Auction safes, a 1 Year Veteran Reward, clearly show (but there is plenty more Veteran Rewards examples along this line...), the in-game pricing for Veteran Rewards is entirely detached from the Account age necessary to claim that Reward....

Which, to me, is totally wrong since an older account obviously, paid more in subscriptions as compared to a younger age account....
     Vet Reward prices on vendors and auction safes reflect the demand. Vet Reward statues aren’t nearly as expensive as house add-on crafting tools or ethy’s … Vet Reward robes aren’t nearly as expensive as commodity deed boxes. It’s an economy, so economic theory applies.
    I was responding to Skett who said "....pole is second year vet reward thats the cost...."

That is, I was pointing out how the Age of an Active Account has, unfortunately, no bearing on the in-game price of a Veteran Reward...... 2nd Year or any Year that it might be.....

I wished it did, though, as older active age Accounts have been paying their subscription for longer.... there is a lot more money involved in a 25 Years old Active Age account as there might be in a 1 Year active Age Account.

Yet, The 1st Year Auction Safes yield more in-game gold as compared to a 20th Year Ethereal Dragon Mount (the oldest account age tradeable Reward as the 25th Year Hildebrandt Shield was made Account Bound...) that  paid 20 times more real money in Subscriptions....
    Here you go popps you are in complete control find someone selling the ethy dragon and pay them 25× more problem solved 
    edited February 2023
    the salvage station says 7 year vet reward in the patch notes but is 6 year on the deed

edited February 2023
    “Are publishes now not going to document any bug fixes at all? How can we test if you don’t tell us what was fixed?
    or are there literally no bug fixes to list in this publish?
    in which case, how do you come to call it publish 115 if nothing has been improved quality wise from 114?

Many people are concluding based on this publish notes (lack of any bug fix for enhanced or classic client) that they have to source bug fixes from third party instead from now on,
    please clarify here this is not the case”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,200
    Skett said:
    the salvage station says 7 year vet reward in the patch notes but is 6 year on the deed

Is there any difference between this and the salvage bag? 
  • Fishing Pole is a not choice as a vet reward.
    Bad Design IMHO. Not imbueable, no luck no spell channelling.
    It seems that any Feedback was ignore. So sad.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    Fishing Pole is a not choice as a vet reward.
    Bad Design IMHO. Not imbueable, no luck no spell channelling.
    It seems that any Feedback was ignore. So sad.

It is spell channeling
    Urge said:
    Skett said:

Is there any difference between this and the salvage bag? 

just deco like all the new vet rewards
    they are not automated like some of the others unless you use them  :(

fishing pole can only be dyed with plant dyes as well it should have a least been turned the opposite direction for deco as well
    edited February 2023
    @Urge The salvage station works without the need for tools or additional house addons.
    So you don't need tools in your pack and for metal you don't need to be standing near a forge and anvil.
    Idk I just don't see the point of it if it doesn't do anything different than the salvage bag.
    Urge said:
    Idk I just don't see the point of it if it doesn't do anything different than the salvage bag.
    All the crafting machines do the same thing as an item in your backpack with just two differences.

1. You do not need to stand next to a forge.
    2. They are animated.

So, they are animated deco that can have a use.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    Mariah said:
    @ Urge The salvage station works without the need for tools or additional house addons.
    So you don't need tools in your pack and for metal you don't need to be standing near a forge and anvil.
    make sure to put in the wiki
    that after the salvage station is placed
    that you must type "i wish to secure this"
    and then target the crate

if you don't, everything you add to that crate
    will poof.
    i was doing trying to fill that on TC
    before my crafter would use the station
    and it kept poofing until someone else figured that out.

========

all resources obtained from using it
    will stay in the crate until you decide to take them out.
    if you secure it
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    All the crafting machines do the same thing as an item in your backpack with just two differences.

1. You do not need to stand next to a forge.
    2. They are animated.

So, they are animated deco that can have a use.
    Ok I gotcha now.
    “I might get a salvage station actually, weight is a real issue on an imbuer, this could be handy, 

not sure if they fixed the issue with it not salvaging altered armor, I’m sure they would have”
    Yoshi said:

not sure if they fixed the issue with it not salvaging altered armor, I’m sure they would have”
    Right after we can salvage the non exceptional valorite barrel hoops.  :p
    @Cinderella Noted, thank you.
    edited February 2023
    “ Mariah and Cinderella, 
    there is no need to troll Misk and the QA team by adding such a note to the wiki and just assuming they did not fix this issue, thereby inferring that the engineers were somehow incompetent or idle.

I have every faith that this test reported issue was fixed before worldwide publish. As is the process. 
    There is an entire department to deal with QA and they have everything under control”
    so i dyed the BG fishing pole red and locked it down at sever up its gone :(
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    How disappointing that the salvage station can only be used by the house owner account.  What is the point of doing that?!  I don't know of any other stations that have that restriction.