Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited May 2019
    I'm not sure if my input is still useful. I concentrated on artisan chests.

I copied my GM cartographer to test center, gave her GM lockpicking and remove trap, and dug up 11 artisan treasure maps.

Stashes:
    3 stashes produced 3 gold chests. Average yield per chest: Gold: 24.592 - Gems: 234 - Refinements: 6
    The first chest produced 50 valorite ingots, the second contained 50 frostwood boards and the third one 50 barbed leather.
    Compared to present level 1, this is definitely an improvement. Nonetheless, I feel that for barbed leather and some gold, I can also go to Destard and hunt a few dragons.
    The refinements seem to be the added value, but I never use them. I suppose I can try to get them sold.

Supplies:
    6 supply maps produced 1 metal chest and 5 gold chests. Average yield per chest: Gold: 36.556 - Gems: 265 - Shield engraving tool: 2
    Resources: 2 x 100 barbed leather - 1 x 100 Golden ingots, 1 x 100 Verite ingots and 1 x Bloodwood boards
    Recipes: 1 arcane bookshelf and 1 warrior statue
    Considering that supplies replace level 2 and level 3 chests, I'd expect them to bring at least 2,5 the value of a stash, but the amount of resources is only doubled. Multiplying a stash yield with 2,5 instead of 2 seems more realistic to me.

Caches:
    2 cache maps produced 1 gold and 1 metal chest. Average yield per chest: Gold: 47.640 and Gems: 266
    I found no resources but instead armour and weapons of which the highest intensity was major magic.
    I'll try to dig up a few more artisan caches, but upto now, the contents of these chests don't make me jump off my chair and dance with joy.

Of the 11 maps I dug up, one produced a higher level new treasure map.

As far as the value in gold and gems is concerned, the system on TC is definitely an improvement. I like that the number of objects was reduced greatly, since I suffer from RSI. Whatever reduces mouse movement is a plus for me.
    The new treasure bags don't offer a lot of room inside. Objects tend to land on top of each other. I like the design though.
    I used to carry 2 or 3 bags with me to collect all the loot. It's practical that everything now is already packed.
    It makes the process of treasure hunting simpler and quicker.

I'll try to dig up a few more caches this weekend. If I survive the experience, I'll try to dig up some troves and hordes as well.

My present sentiment is that the devs are on the right track, but the journey's end is not yet in sight.

Hope the input helps!

@Tarragon_Slayer ;

It is INEXPLICABLE to me why, for CRAFTERS' Treasure Maps (Artisans), no Mondain's Legacy's resources are spotted in the Chests (but they do are found in Assassin's and Warriors/Barbarians Treasure Chests many have found....).

I mean, ain't these resources needed to Crafters way more then Assasins and Warriors/Barbarians?

Why should Artisans' Treasure Chests not have them ?

I am very fine in seeing them in "other" Treasure Chests also BUT, I think, the fundamental thing is that they should, first and foremost, be found in Artisans' Treasure Chests and THEN, possibly, "also" in other Professions' Treasure Chests.....
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    @Khyro Thank you for the excellent work you did on the Eodon maps. Great info and great visuals. I know everyone appreciates all your work.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited May 2019
    @Kyronix ; or anyone who has one to test on TC1:

Will the special maps from the 20th anni arc be fully converted?

They have no distinguishing elements in the name, but have added info when you open the map. I dug one up just today, and it still had the obelisk artwork on the 'chest' and contained event items. I kept a few just for history, but I would like to know if they will convert. If they convert, will they still have event items inside? This matters to me, because I will just go ahead and dig them all up now if they will not survive the transition as being special from the event. Or if they will become unreadable deco like the Young maps.

I did not have any maps on a prodo shard to copy over and test their conversion.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Tanager said:
    @ Kyronix  or anyone who has one to test on TC1:

Will the special maps from the 20th anni arc be fully converted?

They have no distinguishing elements in the name, but have added info when you open the map. I dug one up just today, and it still had the obelisk artwork on the 'chest' and contained event items. I kept a few just for history, but I would like to know if they will convert. If they convert, will they still have event items inside? This matters to me, because I will just go ahead and dig them all up now if they will not survive the transition as being special from the event. Or if they will become unreadable deco like the Young maps.

I did not have any maps on a prodo shard to copy over and test their conversion.
    I have a bag of them on Balhae that I will copy over if copying is working again.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2019
    @Tanager, I sent over in a box a couple of those old maps that had been gathered in Destard for the 20th anniversary event . The map I worked with turned into an Assassin Supply map and retained the special message about the treasure hoard's proximity to trade routes both before and after being in a Davies Locker. As before being copied to TC, the map itself had nothing special on it to indicate it was one of the ones from that event. The extra message only showed up upon clicking the decoded map.

Used the map to dig up a chest and got the fancy chest and a few special ingredients (pumice and a Grant Peace scroll).  I don't remember if there were the shafts of light as it came up, but it seems like there might not have been.  I didn't have to attack the chest's bar before opening it, but I imagine that's just because this is TC and the chests aren't locked and trapped at this point.

I'll save the other old maps from that event in a box to check them after the next update to TC1 in case character copy isn't available at that point. Character copy worked fine for me today.

NOTE:  I forgot to check the chest's object handle as it was coming up through the ground, so I'm not sure what it said (i.e., "Stone Base," gold chest, metal chest, or rusty chest).

Fantastic, thank you so much!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited May 2019
    WOW, it sure got quiet from the devs regarding this publish. Hopefully they are hard at work, scrapping it and starting over after the overwhelming negative response. Since @Kyronix told me that I shouldn't bother with going to TC, I haven't. Even though, prior to his "advice" I spent more time there than 90% of UO. Can anyone tell me what's happening, if anything?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,120Dev
    edited May 2019
    For those anxiously awaiting the next TC1 release of Forgotten Treasures, we are currently polishing things up and iterating over all the great feedback.  We are currently targeting next week for our next TC1 update.  Thanks again for all those who have participated and provided thoughtful and constructive feedback!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Kyronix said:
    For those anxiously awaiting the next TC1 release of Forgotten Treasures, we are currently polishing things up an iterating over all the great feedback.  We are currently target next week for our next TC1 update.  Thanks again for all those who have participated and provided thoughtful and constructive feedback!
    Thanks.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Kyronix said:
    For those anxiously awaiting the next TC1 release of Forgotten Treasures, we are currently polishing things up an iterating over all the great feedback.  We are currently target next week for our next TC1 update.  Thanks again for all those who have participated and provided thoughtful and constructive feedback!
    Thank you for the very timely and appropriate response. I am confident that we will be very pleased with the hard work of the Dev team. Waits in anticipation for the next update.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Kyronix said:
    For those anxiously awaiting the next TC1 release of Forgotten Treasures, we are currently polishing things up and iterating over all the great feedback.  We are currently targeting next week for our next TC1 update.  Thanks again for all those who have participated and provided thoughtful and constructive feedback!

Slow down!  I need to kill more Beacons to get more Tritons!  >:)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited May 2019
    Arron said:
    Kyronix said:
    Thank you for the very timely and appropriate response. I am confident that we will be very pleased with the hard work of the Dev team. Waits in anticipation for the next update.
    Will rather become dead content after the first wave of hype. Most T-Hunters I encountered were solo hunters and from the looks those will be cut out from the high-end loot. For a proper group on the other hand I can't yet see aynthing worth the effort either. I guess it's good for people with 2-3 accounts though.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Kyronix said that if you were able to solo 6s and 7s before, you would still be able to do so, as the guardians are unchanged. My experience on test center has shown that to be true. 
    I look forward to seeing which creatures will spawn on re-balanced Eodon maps, they may require a group effort, I'll probably save those to do on guild hunts.
    Not all facets are equal in difficulty. I could solo lvl 6 Malas maps, but not, for example, Ilshenar. But that was ok, because I did not need to do the Ilsh ones. Now I do, because some loot is facet-specific. Saying it is the same is not fair. Solo treasure hunting has absolutely been impacted.

Having said that, it seems to me like everything has been bumped down a level, to maps that are easier to obtain and easier to dig up. The 2 highest end map levels, that are aimed at groups, do not seem to have anything that the highest level solo maps don't have. They just exist so that groups can have a bit more fun on a map run instead of standing around bored while one person cleans out a chest. Solo hunters are not really missing out on anything, as far as I can tell, if they never do the higher maps. This revamp allows solo and group hunters to have fun without a major imbalance, just like some people can solo a peerless and others need a group.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the publish. The things that I must change and adapt are worth the gain in other areas. The pet revamp was hard on my brain (still is) but overall a really wonderful overhaul to the system. This will be also, once people get used to it.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited May 2019
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

Slow down!  I need to kill more Beacons to get more Tritons!  >:)
    Uhu ?

What do you mean ?

That when Forgotten Treasures will be released to the Production Shards it will KILL the ability to gather Doubloons and get Tritons as well as the other Rewards which the Pirate in Buc's Den offers in exchange for Doubloons ?

The ability to get Tritons as well as all of the other Rewards obtained with Doubloons is THAT short lived?

i understood that ALL content would have been running throughout this 2019 Timeline, and that new added content like Forgotten Treasures, would have been added ON TOP of the previous content, NOT replacing it...

So, which is which ?

The ability to collect Maritime Trade Cargo and get Rewards with it from the Pirate in Buc's Den, including Tritons, is doomed to go away as soon as Forgotten Treasures will be released to Production Shards ?

@Kyronix or @Mariah , is it possible to have an official clarification on this, please ?
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Wait Wait, I missed something somewhere (again)

Cargo and trades are gojnna go away?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited May 2019
    Wait Wait, I missed something somewhere (again)

Cargo and trades are gojnna go away?

I did not say That.  I want to start doing chests on the first day they come out and I want to do some on TC when the update comes out. So I will not be doing as many Beacons.

I do not have infinite time!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    *whew*

yeah there's never enough time

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2019
    10 pages of comments here, I notice some people are using CC and some people are using EC. Maybe the people using CC don’t realise the massive disadvantage they have. When you open a chest on CC, items get buried underneath each other so you have to move stuff to see everything, this causes spawn to appear. You don’t have to move anything in EC as you get the grid view container. 

I would prefer to not have to use EC to do treasure hunting.

@tenager you said chests don’t have object handles in EC, if you look in actions, (I’m not at my pc but probably in misc) there is a way to change object handles from corpse to item, have you done this?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

@Petra_Fyde @MissE forgive me if this is a new problem only on TC as i have not tested on TC, i just want to check that you have gone into actions>other>switch object handle - items only. And you still cannot see the chest?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Mervyn said:
    10 pages of comments here, I notice some people are using CC and some people are using EC. Maybe the people using CC don’t realise the massive disadvantage they have. When you open a chest on CC, items get buried underneath each other so you have to move stuff to see everything, this causes spawn to appear. You don’t have to move anything in EC as you get the grid view container. 

Yeah, as of right now... that's not an issue anymore. The quantity of items has been greatly reduced, so I can pretty much look at everything without having to move anything.

That may still change pending updates, but currently, I at least don't really have much of a "disadvantage" in that way.

However, I would frequently purposely summon as much spawn as I could, as they would occasionally drop more maps for me.
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    Mervyn said:
    @ Petra_Fyde @ MissE forgive me if this is a new problem only on TC as i have not tested on TC, i just want to check that you have gone into actions>other>switch object handle - items only. And you still cannot see the chest?
    Yes, we tried turning it off and back on again.... 
    More directly, switching object handles from corpses to items to dynamic objects does nothing for the lack of object handles. I am fairly certain I posted this issue as well as this answer on day 1 or 2 of release. 
    okay thanks, was just making sure sorry.

• AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    anyone had any 9MOD + items since EJ was released from the active tmapping?
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Whessles said:
    Mervyn said:
    @ Petra_Fyde @ MissE forgive me if this is a new problem only on TC as i have not tested on TC, i just want to check that you have gone into actions>other>switch object handle - items only. And you still cannot see the chest?
    Yes, we tried turning it off and back on again.... 
    More directly, switching object handles from corpses to items to dynamic objects does nothing for the lack of object handles. I am fairly certain I posted this issue as well as this answer on day 1 or 2 of release. 
    Yep what he said.  It is a known bug as far as I know and @Kyronix knows about it.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Mervyn said:

Grid style containers in the Classic Client would be a dream come true.  

• Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited May 2019
    Abbarosh said:
    anyone had any 9MOD + items since EJ was released from the active tmapping?
    It doesn't appear so.  Not even close to what has spawned now or in past treasure chests.

Items seem way too low in intensity but another tweak is coming so hopefully this will be addressed.  That being said these are treasure chests. 
    Gold and gems are NOT treasure for most of us.
     Items are.
     I sincerely hope they don't go backwards when it comes to items (armor and weapons).

This was looted from a level 7 treasure chest some time ago...
    (edit-  Not on test center now.  It was back when global loot first was first implemented on live shards)

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Mervyn said:

@ tenager you said chests don’t have object handles in EC, if you look in actions, (I’m not at my pc but probably in misc) there is a way to change object handles from corpse to item, have you done this?
    If that is the only MASSIVE DISADVANTAGE then I am willing to deal with it and to me the MASSIVE ADVANTAGE with the CC is I get to keep my lunch down and I do not get migraines.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited May 2019
    Has anyone noticed if the splintering and eater properties spawn in the new Valley of Oeden chests?

Just wondering because they do in Illishnar chests because it is considered a dungeon.  The Valley of Oedon should be as well.

Kyronix said:
    It's pretty easy to load up on luck to dig up the chest then re-outfit yourself to something more combat worthy.

It's especially easy at the moment with a still open exploit on both clients that undress is not required before redress...
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/2681/dress-macro-both-clients-still-not-behaving-correctly#latest

Is this now an intended part of the game to insta swap suits mid action?

This discussion has been closed.