Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    These are some confirmed sightings of items, as gleaned from this thread, in a format that my autistic brain can deal with. These items are not limited to these packages/facets, but these have been found for certain.

I have found no incentive to do much testing on Troves. Those maps are difficult to get, and don't seem to have any advantage over Hordes (except possibly gear, which I am not interested in).
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I think the utility items are shield engraver (Artisan), skeleton key (Assassin), and Tasty Treat (Ranger).  I think the Surge Shield, Runed Sash, Forged Pardon, and Mana Orbs are Pub. 67 artifacts.  The hourglass, coffin pieces, and vines are deco items.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Will the master skeleton key remain available?
    I have done several Supply chests, in Malas and Fel, and looked at both online spreadsheets, and have only seen the publish 67 minor artifacts. So either the drop rate is very, very low for the legacy minor artifacts or they are to be found on a different facet. Patch notes do not indicate that, however. 

I am specifically targeting Gold Bricks, Wooden Steed, and Candelabra of Souls. I would consider these decorative items so they might be only in Cache and above. But maybe they are in supply chests due to being legacy minor artifacts. The lack of clarity is extremely frustrating to me. These were already hard enough to come by even with the guaranteed green backpack, as most often it would contain a different item. I cannot stress enough how soooo incredibly disappointing this new RNG is to me, even though I do like the rest of the new system. I appear to be the only one who feels this way, though.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    Tanager said:
     I cannot stress enough how soooo incredibly disappointing this new RNG is to me, even though I do like the rest of the new system. I appear to be the only one who feels this way, though.

I like the potential of the new system.  You can target specific armor and weapons in the top chests.  But I have not seen any items that are good enough to replace what I have.  And many of my pieces are just reforged and 2 values not at caps.  I see no hope for finding a new bow.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    The RNG has always hated some of us, welcome to the chosen group, LOL
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix please make a property on a blank Bow and let us imbue it. 

Like the Bane Bows. Composite bow would be nice.  You are better than I am with new properties.

Swarm was not a good one tho.

A 2 handed whip would be very popular!
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    edited April 2019
    This feedback is focused on Eodon maps, including location, risk factor, and guardian distribution.

Since Eodon maps are completely new this publish, I feel it is important to take a deep look at where the Treasure Maps are located, the difficulty of the spawn in those areas, and the guardian distribution of the various map levels.

I will not be going into the loot received, as a lot of other people have been focusing on that already.

Eodon Stash Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. A Silverback Gorilla (Guardian)
      2. A Myrmidex Larvae (Guardian)
      3. A Wild Tiger
      4. Panther
    • Number of Guardians: 4 to 6

Eodon Supply Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. A Sand Vortex (Guardian)
      2. An Acid Elemental (Guardian)
      3. Saber-Toothed Tiger
      4. Lion
    • Number of Guardians: 4 to 7

Eodon Cache Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. An Infernus (Guardian)
      2. A Fire Elemental (Guardian)
      3. A Dimetrosaur
      4. A Saurosaurus

Eodon Horde Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. A Myrmidex Drone (Guardian)
      2. Kotl Automaton (Guardian)
      3. Tyrannosaurus Rex (Guardian) !
      4. Triceratops

Eodon Trove Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. Tyrannosaurus Rex (Guardian)
      2. Allosaurus (Guardian)
      3. Myrmidex Warrior (Guardian)
      4. A Sand Vortex (Guardian)
      5. Kotl Automaton (Guardian)
      6. An Anchisaur (Guardian)
    • Number of Guardians: 4 to 8

Chest Balance and Difficulty
    This will rate the difficulty of each chest in a vacuum. Assuming no other elements are at play (such as spawn location), how hard are the guardians to kill.

These were all completed on a solo Tamer-Mage (120 Taming/Lore, 106 Magery, 120 Eval, 100 Med, 100 Cartography, 100 Lockpicking)
    • Stash: Very easy
    • Supply: Very easy
    • Cache: Easy to Moderate.
      If you do not get a Saurosaurus or Dimetrosaur, this map is easy. If you get several of the aforementioned dinosaurs with the map, the difficulty increases quite substantially. The Dimetrosaur in particular is quite rough, as it can have up to 8000 hit points. Perhaps replacing the Dimetrosaur spawn chance with a Najasaurus, Triceratops, or  Gallusaurus instead would better balance the level 3 map.
    • Horde: Easy to Moderate.
      Ignoring the chance to spawn a T-Rex on this map (which would jump the difficulty up to Extreme), it is actually fairly easy to manage. I would suggest swapping the Triceratops spawn from this map level with the Dimetrosaur spawn of the Cache map. The Dimetrosaur is a much more group-worthy foe than the Triceratops. I would definitely take out the chance for a T-Rex to spawn at this map level, perhaps give a chance for more the the stronger dinosaurs to spawn at this level: Archaeosaurus, Anchisaur, and Gallusaurus.
    • Trove: Challenging to Impossible.
      100% of my Trove maps have yielded a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Some of these maps have also spawned 3x Allosaurus on the same map. While this can definitely be done with a coordinated group, it is extremely time consuming and not well balanced with other Trove map spawns in the game.

A Note On Eodon Trove Difficulty
    I understand the Eodon Trove maps are most likely going under a balance pass, but I feel I should still post this information, as it can go into the hall of fame or something...

A Tyrannosaurus Rex from a treasure map is a pretty intimidating thing to experience:

But have you ever experienced two Tyrannosaurus Rex's from a map? Absolutely terrifying!

Surely that is the worst of it, right?! It can't possibly get any harder! Guess again...

2 Allosaurus' and what looks like THREE Tyrannosaurus Rex's from the same map! Needless to say, I ran out of there fast for my life...

However, I came back to investigate, and it turns out I was wrong about the number of T-Rex's... I didn't see the one hiding behind the tree...

Yes, that is FOUR Tyrannosaurus Rex's (and 2 Allosaurus) from the same Trove map. I have no idea what is in that chest, but I think it's safe to say no one will ever find out...

Eodon Map Distribution and Danger Index
    This brings me to the next bit of feedback for Eodon maps, the Danger Index of where treasure chests can actually spawn at.

Here is a distribution of 75 Eodon maps (15 of each):

The Majority of these maps were in the Dinosaur Jungle in the North... which is an extremely dangerous place to try and treasure hunt. This area wasn't just limited to Horde/Trove maps either, if you look at the key, there were a lot of level 1-3 maps in that area.

I created an overlay showing the relative difficulty of the area the treasure is spawning at:

75 maps is a fair sample size, but maybe I also got unlucky with how many spawned in a High Danger area. There also seems to be quite a lot of unused areas where maps are not spawning (again, unless I just got very unlucky):

The Blue areas on the above map are areas that are not guard zones, towns, or champ spawn areas, that could easily have treasure maps spawn in. Most of these areas would be Low Danger (with exception to the Lion pit, which would be Medium Danger), and would be a great place for Level 1-3 maps to spawn.

The Myrmidex area to the West seems to be a valid spawn area, I got 2 maps at the edge of it, and 1 in the middle of it, but this would be another great area for mid-tier maps to spawn in more frequently.

There is also the totally forgotten area to the SE that isn't even displayed on the Eodon maps:

The circled area is full of great Low Danger areas where maps could spawn at. Perhaps this area was intentionally left out due to how awkward the treasure map would actually look due to the way the zone is built.

Due to where the Eodon maps are actually spawning, a Stash map that spawns in the Norther Dinosaur Jungle is going to artificially ramp up in difficulty immensely, just due to the surrounding enemies. 

I don't know if you are able to specify where each map tier can spawn at, but i would suggest not allowing Stash, Supply, or Cache maps to spawn in the Northern areas (High Danger). It seems fair for Horde and Trove maps to be able to spawn in this area, but I would not suggest they spawn in only this area.

It sounds like you are aware of the issue with the T-Rex, but it definitely needs to go from the maps unless Eodon maps get their own loot rolls to properly account for this immense jump in difficulty (and they need to be limited to 1 at a time if they do still spawn, 4 at once was a bit much...)
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

The RNG has never been fond of me, and the feeling is 100% mutual. I don't like the currently guaranteed loot being morphed into RNG, with yet more RNG stacked on top with the 3 levels of chest quality. Being told that they were always RNG is a bit upsetting, because I know otherwise.

However, please understand that the rest of the revamp is very nice. I don't want to come off as negative or ungrateful - this is a lot of work and I do appreciate it.

I like the loot being divided out so that specific things can be targeted. SoA and SoT in particular, being targetable by skill. I like that the lower level maps have a purpose - specially peerless ingredients in Malas. I personally am looking forward to power scrolls in Fel chests. I will enjoy getting orbs and sashes etc from the Zippy chests that I do, that were not possible before at that level. The coffin pieces have been bumped down to a level of chest that I can actually obtain a map for. The artwork on the new bags and deco items is great, and the shield engraver is wonderful. I don't know what the surprise items are for later, but I am sure they will be fun. The addition of the elven glasses and circlets as gear loot makes me happy.

Not every change made to UO is going to make everyone happy, and I have expressed my one dissatisfaction with this revamp in the hopes that it might get a second pass. But overall, I am really looking forward to digging up chests when this goes live!
    @Khyro

That is an amazing bit of work you have there!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Khyro said:
    This feedback is focused on Eodon maps, including location, risk factor, and guardian distribution.

Since Eodon maps are completely new this publish, I feel it is important to take a deep look at where the Treasure Maps are located, the difficulty of the spawn in those areas, and the guardian distribution of the various map levels.

I will not be going into the loot received, as a lot of other people have been focusing on that already.

Eodon Stash Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. A Silverback Gorilla (Guardian)
      2. A Myrmidex Larvae (Guardian)
      3. A Wild Tiger
      4. Panther

Eodon Supply Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. A Sand Vortex (Guardian)
      2. An Acid Elemental (Guardian)
      3. Saber-Toothed Tiger
      4. Lion
    • Number of Guardians: 4 to 7

Eodon Cache Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. An Infernus (Guardian)
      2. A Fire Elemental (Guardian)
      3. A Dimetrosaur
      4. A Saurosaurus

Eodon Horde Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. A Myrmidex Drone (Guardian)
      2. Kotl Automaton (Guardian)
      3. Tyrannosaurus Rex (Guardian) !
      4. Triceratops

Eodon Trove Maps:
    • Guardian Distribution
      1. Tyrannosaurus Rex (Guardian)
      2. Allosaurus (Guardian)
      3. Myrmidex Warrior (Guardian)
      4. A Sand Vortex (Guardian)
      5. Kotl Automaton (Guardian)
      6. An Anchisaur (Guardian)
    • Number of Guardians: 4 to 8

Chest Balance and Difficulty
    This will rate the difficulty of each chest in a vacuum. Assuming no other elements are at play (such as spawn location), how hard are the guardians to kill.

These were all completed on a solo Tamer-Mage (120 Taming/Lore, 106 Magery, 120 Eval, 100 Med, 100 Cartography, 100 Lockpicking)
    • Stash: Very easy
    • Supply: Very easy
    • Cache: Easy to Moderate.
      If you do not get a Saurosaurus or Dimetrosaur, this map is easy. If you get several of the aforementioned dinosaurs with the map, the difficulty increases quite substantially. The Dimetrosaur in particular is quite rough, as it can have up to 8000 hit points. Perhaps replacing the Dimetrosaur spawn chance with a Najasaurus, Triceratops, or  Gallusaurus instead would better balance the level 3 map.
    • Horde: Easy to Moderate.
      Ignoring the chance to spawn a T-Rex on this map (which would jump the difficulty up to Extreme), it is actually fairly easy to manage. I would suggest swapping the Triceratops spawn from this map level with the Dimetrosaur spawn of the Cache map. The Dimetrosaur is a much more group-worthy foe than the Triceratops. I would definitely take out the chance for a T-Rex to spawn at this map level, perhaps give a chance for more the the stronger dinosaurs to spawn at this level: Archaeosaurus, Anchisaur, and Gallusaurus.
    • Trove: Challenging to Impossible.
      100% of my Trove maps have yielded a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Some of these maps have also spawned 3x Allosaurus on the same map. While this can definitely be done with a coordinated group, it is extremely time consuming and not well balanced with other Trove map spawns in the game.

A Note On Eodon Trove Difficulty
    I understand the Eodon Trove maps are most likely going under a balance pass, but I feel I should still post this information, as it can go into the hall of fame or something...

A Tyrannosaurus Rex from a treasure map is a pretty intimidating thing to experience:

But have you ever experienced two Tyrannosaurus Rex's from a map? Absolutely terrifying!

Surely that is the worst of it, right?! It can't possibly get any harder! Guess again...

2 Allosaurus' and what looks like THREE Tyrannosaurus Rex's from the same map! Needless to say, I ran out of there fast for my life...

However, I came back to investigate, and it turns out I was wrong about the number of T-Rex's... I didn't see the one hiding behind the tree...

Yes, that is FOUR Tyrannosaurus Rex's (and 2 Allosaurus) from the same Trove map. I have no idea what is in that chest, but I think it's safe to say no one will ever find out...

Eodon Map Distribution and Danger Index
    This brings me to the next bit of feedback for Eodon maps, the Danger Index of where treasure chests can actually spawn at.

Here is a distribution of 75 Eodon maps (15 of each):

The Majority of these maps were in the Dinosaur Jungle in the North... which is an extremely dangerous place to try and treasure hunt. This area wasn't just limited to Horde/Trove maps either, if you look at the key, there were a lot of level 1-3 maps in that area.

I created an overlay showing the relative difficulty of the area the treasure is spawning at:

75 maps is a fair sample size, but maybe I also got unlucky with how many spawned in a High Danger area. There also seems to be quite a lot of unused areas where maps are not spawning (again, unless I just got very unlucky):

The Blue areas on the above map are areas that are not guard zones, towns, or champ spawn areas, that could easily have treasure maps spawn in. Most of these areas would be Low Danger (with exception to the Lion pit, which would be Medium Danger), and would be a great place for Level 1-3 maps to spawn.

The Myrmidex area to the West seems to be a valid spawn area, I got 2 maps at the edge of it, and 1 in the middle of it, but this would be another great area for mid-tier maps to spawn in more frequently.

There is also the totally forgotten area to the SE that isn't even displayed on the Eodon maps:

The circled area is full of great Low Danger areas where maps could spawn at. Perhaps this area was intentionally left out due to how awkward the treasure map would actually look due to the way the zone is built.

Due to where the Eodon maps are actually spawning, a Stash map that spawns in the Norther Dinosaur Jungle is going to artificially ramp up in difficulty immensely, just due to the surrounding enemies. 

I don't know if you are able to specify where each map tier can spawn at, but i would suggest not allowing Stash, Supply, or Cache maps to spawn in the Northern areas (High Danger). It seems fair for Horde and Trove maps to be able to spawn in this area, but I would not suggest they spawn in only this area.

It sounds like you are aware of the issue with the T-Rex, but it definitely needs to go from the maps unless Eodon maps get their own loot rolls to properly account for this immense jump in difficulty (and they need to be limited to 1 at a time if they do still spawn, 4 at once was a bit much...)
    Great Testing !

The Northern Jungle areas should spawn no Treasure Map, to my opinion, not even the Horde and Trove ones.....

They are an area ALREADY extremely dangerous on their own for all of the Dinosaurs there and to add to that regular spawn ALSO those spawning from the Chest would simply make that Treasure Map, even with the loot pertaining to a Horde or Trove Chest, assuming that it will be very very good, not worth the hassle....

Hardly anyone will actually bother to do Maps there because the effort it will take will not be worth the dangers associated to those Areas....
    I agree with the Eodon map locations.  When I saw you added those I wondered where there would be a safe place for them to spawn.

There are some better areas for the maps to be located.  But some good spots are in quest areas.
    @Kyronix

Since you mentioned MIB revamp. This is what many do with the current loot.
    Chop the chest and call out in chat for anyone to take.

Hopefully the new loot is better.
    Thanks

(ignore the BODs)

temp.bmp 102.1K
  • VioletViolet Posts: 371
    Now to continue being on topic with Treasure Maps. 

Something Khyro forgot to add from his testing.  The Myrmidex mounds add another level of complexity to treasure maps and they can (and will) spawn as you kill Guardians.  Just something else to note.

@Khyro

Did any of the Eodon chests have dragon turtle hide gear as loot? Do the Eodon stash chests perchance have dragon turtle scute? I have some of the recipes to make these, but am unable to solo the Dragon Turtle champion spawn for the materials. Since it does not provide power scrolls, our guild hunts rarely involve that champion. Would be nice to be able to get the materials another way, or at least find the gear more often and imbue it.

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Tanager said:
    @ Khyro

Did any of the Eodon chests have dragon turtle hide gear as loot? Do the Eodon stash chests perchance have dragon turtle scute?
    I did some stash and supply chests in Eodon, with these results in terms of loot besides gold and gems:

Artisan Stash: barbed leather and refinement components
    Artisan Supply: Valorite ingots

Assassin Stash: Nothing
    Assassin Supply: Nothing

Barbarian or Warrior Stash: Nothing
    Barbarian or Warrior Supply: Nothing

Magery Stash: Magery reagent bag (60 each)
    Magery Supply: No supplies of any kind, but did have a runed sash of warding (gargoyle version)

Ranger Stash: Nothing
    Ranger Supply: Nothing

I haven't tried any Eodon chests above the Stash or Supply level.  Wouldn't have been able to solo any of it and too much time is involved when you have to run additional characters in (I don't have one of the teleporters for Eodon), and from what I'd heard, the spawn was very time consuming to kill.  I also had cones come up on some of the Stash and Supply chests, which made them more time consuming.  Also, I found from doing the Stash and Supply level chests that many of the maps are in dangerous areas and I also had some that were on top of or close to ridges and I was never able to find the chests. 

I'm also unsure what is going to have to be killed to get the maps.  The karma loss from killing the lion and tiger spawn from the Stash and Supply chests is kind of annoying and would also be annoying if that's what needs to be killed for maps.

I don't plan to do Eodon chests with any regularity in the future unless something unique and desirable is added to them. They just aren't worth the effort.  It's kind of like doing Ilshenar chests: a nuisance getting to them if you need more than one character (even if you have a jawbone and definitely if you don't), no way to predict how bad the spawn will be (so maybe you always bring an extra character unless it's a stash chest), and at this point there's not much unique about them other than the chance of getting a paragon chest.  
    I would be ok with difficult locations and such if the stash assassin & warrior Eodon chests had dragon turtle scute, tiger pelts, Eodon crafty things.

*puppy eyes at the Dev team*
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 902
    edited April 2019
    TimSt said:
    Horde - Large group of people
    Hoard - Large group of items

Either is relevant if the chest is not meant to be solo'd.
       Except every map title refers to the type of loot in the chest.

Anyway, based on my experience so far 11  Trove T-maps. I've gotten 0 legendaryies, 2 major artifacts, 1 greater artifact.... literally every single item other than those three, were Greater or Major 'Magic Items".     Imbued items are better... in some cases, reforged/imbued are better than all of them.

Any item generated by this new system will have a line near the bottom of its tooltip:
    • Minor Magic Item
    • Lesser Magic Item
    • Greater Magic Item
    • Major Magic Item
    • Lesser Artifact (this is approximately equivalent to an item Imbued to the max)
    • Greater Artifact
    • Major Artifact          
    • Legendary Artifact

IMO,  at least 50% of the items generated in a Trove T-chest, should be Lesser Artifact, increased with luck & the more important RNG.     you pretty much can't do a level 6 T-map on live shards without seeing a legendary artifact.     if the qualty of loot isn't improved on TC1, you'll be doing 10+ maps on average without seeing a single legendary artifact. (solo)

-"Legendary Artifact" doesn't mean the item is 'good', it just means it had a chance to be good.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    "-"Legendary Artifact" doesn't mean the item is 'good', it just means it had a chance to be good."

I don't know how many times I have seen something artifact, and wondered just what the heck it's based on lol
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Has anything been said in all this about our many requests to get rid of 50 stone items?  Such a pain to be fighting and get stamlocked and die and find out you've picked up a 50 stoner which made you overweight but you never noticed.
    I occasionally enjoy filling my pack with several 50 stone items, all dyed pretty colors that match my outfit. My own gear gets mixed in with it when I die on Siege, and I smile quietly to myself when they stand over my corpse and suddenly cannot move. My smile broadens if the spawn manages to kill them while they are figuring out the problem and unloading.

Otherwise, though, yeah... the 50 stone stuff is a bit annoying. But I suppose something can't be good if there isn't something bad to compare it with.
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    Jeez. Is char copy still down?

• fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    CovenantX said:
    TimSt said:
    Horde - Large group of people
    Hoard - Large group of items

Either is relevant if the chest is not meant to be solo'd.
       Except every map title refers to the type of loot in the chest.
    Yes, the other maps all refer to the treasure, not the guardians (or whatever else guards the treasure). Had the creatures been the ones referred to, Horde would be appropriate. Because it is the treasures that are being referred to, Hoard is appropriate.

Is this naming error going to be corrected? @Kyronix

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,796

What drops lvl1 / stash maps in Malas?  I normally do not venture outside of Luna and don't know what to farm for maps.

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    TimSt said:

What drops lvl1 / stash maps in Malas?  I normally do not venture outside of Luna and don't know what to farm for maps.

The Dark Guardians in Doom currently drop level 1-3 maps. I assume that'll translate to stash and supply levels when Forgotten Treasures is published. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure offhand.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,796
    Faeryl said:
    TimSt said:

The Dark Guardians in Doom currently drop level 1-3 maps. I assume that'll translate to stash and supply levels when Forgotten Treasures is published. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure offhand.
    Thank you.  I had no problem farming the dark guardians. Ended up with 50+ maps in a short time.
  • I have not tested this phase but I wanted to toss out a suggestion.

Can the reagent bags be given the weight reduction modifier for reagents only? Obviously not blessed like some quivers, but just less weight.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    So no news from the team in 7 days?
    Maybe they are finished.  Maybe the testers have shown the "Better Loot" was a success.

IDK
  • I'm not sure if my input is still useful. I concentrated on artisan chests.

I copied my GM cartographer to test center, gave her GM lockpicking and remove trap, and dug up 11 artisan treasure maps.

Stashes:
    3 stashes produced 3 gold chests. Average yield per chest: Gold: 24.592 - Gems: 234 - Refinements: 6
    The first chest produced 50 valorite ingots, the second contained 50 frostwood boards and the third one 50 barbed leather.
    Compared to present level 1, this is definitely an improvement. Nonetheless, I feel that for barbed leather and some gold, I can also go to Destard and hunt a few dragons.
    The refinements seem to be the added value, but I never use them. I suppose I can try to get them sold.

Supplies:
    6 supply maps produced 1 metal chest and 5 gold chests. Average yield per chest: Gold: 36.556 - Gems: 265 - Shield engraving tool: 2
    Resources: 2 x 100 barbed leather - 1 x 100 Golden ingots, 1 x 100 Verite ingots and 1 x Bloodwood boards
    Recipes: 1 arcane bookshelf and 1 warrior statue
    Considering that supplies replace level 2 and level 3 chests, I'd expect them to bring at least 2,5 the value of a stash, but the amount of resources is only doubled. Multiplying a stash yield with 2,5 instead of 2 seems more realistic to me.

Caches:
    2 cache maps produced 1 gold and 1 metal chest. Average yield per chest: Gold: 47.640 and Gems: 266
    I found no resources but instead armour and weapons of which the highest intensity was major magic.
    I'll try to dig up a few more artisan caches, but upto now, the contents of these chests don't make me jump off my chair and dance with joy.

Of the 11 maps I dug up, one produced a higher level new treasure map.

As far as the value in gold and gems is concerned, the system on TC is definitely an improvement. I like that the number of objects was reduced greatly, since I suffer from RSI. Whatever reduces mouse movement is a plus for me.
    The new treasure bags don't offer a lot of room inside. Objects tend to land on top of each other. I like the design though.
    I used to carry 2 or 3 bags with me to collect all the loot. It's practical that everything now is already packed.
    It makes the process of treasure hunting simpler and quicker.

I'll try to dig up a few more caches this weekend. If I survive the experience, I'll try to dig up some troves and hordes as well.

My present sentiment is that the devs are on the right track, but the journey's end is not yet in sight.

Hope the input helps!

This discussion has been closed.