Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *See new thread!*

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    You know what would really help t hunters would be to go back to SET LOCATIONS of the chests like before, then we would not need mining as we could recall or gate right into the locations to dig.  But with random locations we need mining to dig up the chest so it a sea saw with cart and mining, without mining it takes forever to dig up the chest, so back to known locations and then we have room for other crap, sorry but I am thinking how all this is going to affect my t hunter, I retired one t hunter back in Pub 22, she a thief now, took me forever to train up on another account this current t hunter.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    popps said:
    @ Kyronix

In Regards to this line

Special Crafting Materials (Assassin, Warrior & Barbarian, Stash)
    • Essences, Mondain’s Legacy Ingredients available based on facet
    Particularly in regards to Mondain's Legacy ingredients, are we going to get as spawning ingredients needed for crafting ALSO the "specific" ones, besides the "generic" ones ?

Namely, I am talking about :

Captured Essence
    Diseased Bark
    Dread Horn Mane
    Eye of the Traversty
    Grizzled Bones
    Lard of Paroxymus
    Popps... you could just try, I don't know... testing. You know which maps. Try them. See for yourself.
  • Haddy_GHaddy_G Posts: 14
    @Drakelord Mining is not needed.  Cart does what it did now.  Dug up a map using CC and nothing else.  Was super easy.  Another observations a fel Assassins Trove map will not decode.  The tram  Artisan Trove map decoded just fine on first try.
    I have a few being weird about not decoding.A MAge Supply, Warrior Stash, and Artisan's Horde.

I also just dug up a gold Barbarian's Stash chest in Malas... picked the lock, removed trap, no loss of items... and literally there was no loot besides the gold and gems. Not a single item.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Drakelord said:
    You know what would really help t hunters would be to go back to SET LOCATIONS of the chests like before, then we would not need mining as we could recall or gate right into the locations to dig.  But with random locations we need mining to dig up the chest so it a sea saw with cart and mining, without mining it takes forever to dig up the chest, so back to known locations and then we have room for other crap, sorry but I am thinking how all this is going to affect my t hunter, I retired one t hunter back in Pub 22, she a thief now, took me forever to train up on another account this current t hunter.
    Well, look at it in a different way.....

RANDOMIZED Treasure Chests locations mean an increased difficulty for those wanting to raid Treasure Hunters in Felucca since they would not be able to just hop from a rune to another to check where there is any player doing Maps in Felucca....

It would be way too much time consuming for Raiders to go walking all over Felucca to see if anyone was doing Maps in Felucca....

Not saying that there won't be some players with plenty of time at their hand doing those extensive walkings, just saying that RANDOMIZED locations for Treasure Chests will make it a WHOLE LOT more difficult and time consuming for Raiders to go annoy Treasure Hunters in Felucca....

Bottom line is, I WAY MORE PREFER Randomized locations.....

Besides, it is MORE FUN because Treasure Hunting, to my opinion IS having to search for the location of the Chest and not a simple recall to a memorized FIXED chest spawn location....
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Faeryl said:
    popps said:
    @ Kyronix

In Regards to this line

Special Crafting Materials (Assassin, Warrior & Barbarian, Stash)
    • Essences, Mondain’s Legacy Ingredients available based on facet
    Particularly in regards to Mondain's Legacy ingredients, are we going to get as spawning ingredients needed for crafting ALSO the "specific" ones, besides the "generic" ones ?

Namely, I am talking about :

Captured Essence
    Diseased Bark
    Dread Horn Mane
    Eye of the Traversty
    Grizzled Bones
    Lard of Paroxymus
    Popps... you could just try, I don't know... testing. You know which maps. Try them. See for yourself.
    Well, if I knew what Treasure Maps spawn what Reagents i would go check those that I am interested in, out....

But from reading the Publish notes I could not gather that detailed information....
    edited April 2019
    Drakelord said:
    Can't really make this anymore clear than mining is no longer required. You don't need mining anymore. Its benefit was moved to cartography.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I have Cartography Bonus Talismans.  Is that the modified Cartography skill?  And does that increase the distance needed to dig them up?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I have Cartography Bonus Talismans.  Is that the modified Cartography skill?  And does that increase the distance needed to dig them up?
    I can't think of anything else that would modify the skill.

The notes say, "Chest Quality is determined at dig time based on the digger’s modified cartography skill." So it looks like having 100 cartography and a 30 bonus talisman is the way to go to try and get a gold chest. Swap out talisman after digging it up.

• Need detect hidden, disarm trap, and lock picking or you blow everything to ash.. not to mention you need cartography on you to get a golden chest.. so much for soloing maps.. you need 400 skills in worthless crap just to dig it up and open it. 
  • Oh and nothing worth looting in stash.. 10k gold an some basic gems.. Definitely not worth the time wasted.
  • can't decode anything above a stash with gm cartography.. lovely
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    demortred said:
    Need detect hidden, disarm trap, and lock picking or you blow everything to ash.. not to mention you need cartography on you to get a golden chest.. so much for soloing maps.. you need 400 skills in worthless crap just to dig it up and open it. 
    From the first part of the Publish notes, 

This is the first implementation of our planned Treasure Map update.  Everything should be considered a work-in-progress and subject to change and/or removal.  This update does NOT represent the final implementation, especially of the following systems as they relate to treasure maps,

• Remove Trap
    demortred said:
    Need detect hidden, disarm trap, and lock picking or you blow everything to ash.. not to mention you need cartography on you to get a golden chest.. so much for soloing maps.. you need 400 skills in worthless crap just to dig it up and open it. 
    They haven't done anything with overhauling RT yet. They have said if they keep RT as a requirement, it will be divorced from DH. This is only the first iteration of the publish, so I'm not surprised it hasn't been done yet.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Looks like T-Mapping just got borked.  Why change the names.... for change sake?  Typical, the old names were MUCH better and self explanatory.  Waste of effort and just added confusion.

Why remove trap? .... waste of 100 points. 

My T-Hunter template is currently:

Tame
    Vet
    Lore
    Hide
    Stealth
    Magery
    Lockpick/Cartography stoned on/off depending on what function I am up to if doing tmaps and spellweaving if using the toon as a straight tamer.  Now you want remove trap.......

Just killed it for me.

The last thing I loved doing solo is now going the way of dungeon despise.  Never to be bothered with again.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    MissE said:
    Looks like T-Mapping just got borked.  Why change the names.... for change sake?  Typical, the old names were MUCH better and self explanatory.  Waste of effort and just added confusion.

Why remove trap? .... waste of 100 points. 

My T-Hunter template is currently:

Tame
    Vet
    Lore
    Hide
    Stealth
    Magery
    Lockpick/Cartography stoned on/off depending on what function I am up to if doing tmaps and spellweaving if using the toon as a straight tamer.  Now you want remove trap.......

Just killed it for me.

The last thing I loved doing solo is now going the way of dungeon despise.  Never to be bothered with again.

Read the patch notes here, specifically this section, 

This is the first implementation of our planned Treasure Map update.  Everything should be considered a work-in-progress and subject to change and/or removal.  This update does NOT represent the final implementation, especially of the following systems as they relate to treasure maps,

• Remove Trap

Please read below and participate in the discussion here

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Terrible patch note... Suppose to be a revamp.. I only see a nerf in this... For people who think they will be pk in fel for junk tmaps give...no chance
  • @Kyronix , I have question. How will the new names effect the crafting Tattered wall map?  I haven't made to test shard to test yet.  if anyone has completed maps for testing..  i would gladly take them to do the testing. 

Thank you
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    I'm simply amazed by how many people don't seem to realize this content is in the testing phase and Kyronix even said that nothing is set in stone yet and he is looking for constructive feedback.

More amazed by the amount of people that clearly haven't even read the full publish notes to understand the full gamut of what is being proposed before complaining about it.

Don't like what is proposed in the publish notes? Go and test it, and give constructive feedback. Some things are clearly broken (like the no loot in chests), which I am sure is being addressed. They are not going to go live with no loot in chests or maps that won't decode. 

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

@ Kyronix , I have question. How will the new names effect the crafting Tattered wall map?  I haven't made to test shard to test yet.  if anyone has completed maps for testing..  i would gladly take them to do the testing. 

Thank you
    The ingredient list has been updated.
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited April 2019
    -- I worked Detect Hidden and Remove Trap up when I originally made my T-Mapper, but stoned them off once I was told about the magery spell "telekinesis".

Logically, I always wondered why that worked. Setting off a trap on a treasure chest would surely effect what is inside the chest. [[Yes, I get this is a video game and so "logic" has about as much place as "reality" but still ... in any world setting off an explosion would effect stuff inside a chest.]]

So I have to say, I am actually happy Remove Trap will be needed. I just truly hope that it gets disconnected from the Detect Hidden skill. I mean, obviously a treasure chest is going to be booby-trapped. It's not a secret, so Detect Hidden really has no place there.

As for the rest ... some clarity: current treasure maps inside my Davies' Locker ... when it says they will be randomly updated - is that just with the name of the chest? [[Artisan/Mage/Assassin, etc]] Or does this include their level as well?

Because I only have Level 5 and 6 maps in my Locker on GL ... -_-

~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    -- I worked Detect Hidden and Remove Trap up when I originally made my T-Mapper, but stoned them off once I was told about the magery spell "telekinesis".

Logically, I always wondered why that worked. Setting off a trap on a treasure chest would surely effect what is inside the chest. [[Yes, I get this is a video game and so "logic" has about as much place as "reality" but still ... in any world setting off an explosion would effect stuff inside a chest.]]

So I have to say, I am actually happy Remove Trap will be needed. I just truly hope that it gets disconnected from the Detect Hidden skill. I mean, obviously a treasure chest is going to be booby-trapped. It's not a secret, so Detect Hidden really has no place there.

As for the rest ... some clarity: current treasure maps inside my Davies' Locker ... when it says they will be randomly updated - is that just with the name of the chest? [[Artisan/Mage/Assassin, etc]] Or does this include their level as well?

Because I only have Level 5 and 6 maps in my Locker on GL ... -_-

@ Kyronix
    The levels remain, only the package will be randomly generated.
  • Kyronix said:
    The levels remain, only the package will be randomly generated.
    -- Thank you for responding. :)

Oh! And I'm hysterically excited for the new engraving tool. Thank you, Devs, for putting that in the game for us.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited April 2019
    Khyro said:
    I'm simply amazed by how many people don't seem to realize this content is in the testing phase and Kyronix even said that nothing is set in stone yet and he is looking for constructive feedback.

More amazed by the amount of people that clearly haven't even read the full publish notes to understand the full gamut of what is being proposed before complaining about it.

Don't like what is proposed in the publish notes? Go and test it, and give constructive feedback. Some things are clearly broken (like the no loot in chests), which I am sure is being addressed. They are not going to go live with no loot in chests or maps that won't decode. 

Sadly in my LONG time experience once something has gone to TC there are very very minor tweaks but what is proposed ends up going in irrespective of HOW much feedback they get. That has been demonstrated over and over and over again. They fix 'bugs' but not the overall concept.  This idea of 'remove trap' being a requirement has been in this from the start and I guarantee you it WILL GO LIVE.  I have NO DOUBT about that, irrespective of whether or not you don't think it will go in. Or whether or not it is stated that this is all 'not set in stone'.

Not all of us can 'test' on TC as some of us can't hardly MOVE on that shard so trying to test anything is like face-planting over and over again.

As for this:  "Treasure Maps that lead to a Stash, Supply, or Cache have been balanced for solo encounters while Hordes and Troves are more geared towards group encounters."

This is what is going to totally BORK it.  Right now with a bit of patience and care I can do all level t-maps, there is NO chance in hell on small shards of getting groups to do stuff so yet again we are gonna be forced to forgo content due to lack of players.

T-mapping was the ONE thing that I enjoyed doing solo.

If the loot is scaled so that the only decent stuff is in the high level tmaps, which is most likely given what is written in the notes, then again, no point to doing them any more.  As stated:

"There are 4 factors that influence what items end up in a chest if succesful random rolls are made, Map Level, Profession Package, Chest Quality, and Facet"  No doubt the high level 'group' maps in fel will have the only decent rewards, yet another attempt to force people into fel.

Yet again, as I said, we are gonna all find solo t-mapping is borked.

Would love to be proved wrong, but the second they do this remove trap as a requirement it just waters down whatever template you take in.  I have managed without mining up until now by not caring if it took me a little longer to dig up a chest, if it meant I could save those 100 points.  Most ran with LP/Carto and mining, try squishing 100 remove trap onto it is just the straw......

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • -- A question from a guildmate, @Kyronix:

Does this TMap update also effect the MIBs/SOSs? Or will updates to that system of treasure hunting come in another patch?
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• PooPoo Posts: 39
    i have mentioned this before years before in the forums and im not gonna sugar coat it now.
    i LOVE the new change with adding Remove Trap to T-Hunting!

this should have always been the way, telekinesis to open a chest never made any sense to me.

i for one LOVE the new change.

just waiting to see if they are gonna keep the Detect Hidden requirement on it or take it off.
    either way im so happy about all the changes i see.

its about time they made some changes that should have been done years ago.

and for the people who are running tamer and tamer stealther templates and complaining..... your a tamer!
    why are you stealthing as a tamer!!!??!?!?!?
    you have a pet, he is suppose to be taking the damage!
    Tamer with pets - your doing it wrong!

pop the chests, scramble back a screen, pull stuff in a couple at a time and kill.
    then just set pet to guard you and when the critters pop one at a time your pets kills it.
    easy peasy.

looking forward to seeing the changes and trying them out.

kinda surprised that they are taking the mining off though..... digging up treasure chests.... having mining skill.... kinda works hand in hand no?
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited April 2019
    Poo said:
    kinda surprised that they are taking the mining off though..... digging up treasure chests.... having mining skill.... kinda works hand in hand no?
    -- From what I understand [[from the patch notes and from comments made here in the Forums]] the changes to the Cartography skill cover what Mining currently does for TMapping ... which is nice. Cartography should have always been able to help you dig for a chest a few spaces away from where chest is - not just decode maps.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2019

Just an idea, but could loot themes for the new t-maps be changed to reflect (harken back to, tie into, etc.) Ultima prime a bit more closely? Rather than 6 profession themes, increase to 8 themes to reference 8 professions/companions? I mean, you're most of the way there already.

i.e.

Pub 105      =     Original Professions

???              =    Shepard
    Artisan         =    Tinker 
    Ranger         =    Ranger
    ???              =     Bard
    Barbarian    =     Fighter
    Warrior        =     Paladin
    Mage           =     Mage
    Assassin     =     Thief  (in place of Druid)

Bard could just be bard. Chests could have....Instruments? Mana gen gear? Ice/Shock/Acid horns? Music gears? (Honestly items...for lore? Items that require identification? You know, bards, lore. Like chocolate and peanut butter.)

Shepards aren't herding animals for fun, but to get resources from them, so maybe a resource chest? Logs, ore, fish, wool, yeast, seeds, meat, hides, conversion elixers, etc.

Artisan's represent more than just Tinkers, so maybe..."Workers"??? (Lumberjacks, Fishers, Miners, Gardners, etc.) could represent more than just Shepards?

Just some thoughts.

Pub looks good overall. Powerscrolls in Fel maps will be nice. Hope you can find a way to bring in Remove Trap. I say that if you trip the explosion trap, telekinesis or otherwise, the chest should just blow to smithereens and scatter mostly broken loot all over the place. And kill you. It should always kill you.

-Arroth
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I've only done a few maps so far. I was late in finding out things were firing up on TC. 

Had a couple of maps in the batch that I couldn't decode. Got the message "You study the treasure map but need more time to attempt to decode". Someone else said they got that message too but we're able to go back to it and decode it later. I didn't find that to be the case. A couple hours later I still get that message on both maps. One is and Assassin's Cache for Ilshenar. The other is Ranger's Stash in Trammel.

Had no problem with dropping Mining and using Cartography to easily find the spot to dig. 50 points in DH works fine for using RT for now. I know I'd be very happy with the build / builds I can create for a treasure hunter if DH goes away and RT can be used on its own.

I know the idea that Telekinesis won't get to all the goodies in a chest doesn't make everyone happy. Personally, I like the idea a lot. I think it makes sense. Looking forward to what's next.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Have only done 4 chests so far, 3 were Horde.  I had to add Detect Hidden to even get Remove Trap to try to work.  With GM RT (and 30 DH) I failed on all 4 chests and they blew up on me.  The 1st one I did was a Cache one and it had Gems and Gold in a bag and 7 no so great weapons (was assassin).  The 3 Horde ones didn't have any gold or gems, and had 9 useless items in it.  No Arty, no gold and no gems.  Will try again tomorrow.  I can easily change my T-Hunter in Prod to remove Mining and add Remove Trap (GM already on a stone), but definitely no room for Detect Hidden as well.
This discussion has been closed.