player memorials

13»

Comments

• JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited February 2023
    Should be in any graveyard.

They are: every Trammel graveyard has a black and gold gravestone that you can double click to go to the memorial site.

I would presume that they don't exist in Fel in an attempt to prevent people from bypassing the "heat of battle" flagging system.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • My good friend in real life, and long-time adventuring partner in Ultima Online, passed away last week. It appears hers is the first memorial on the new wall on Great Lakes. The way to read it is to hover over the flower or candle that is placed there. 

For me, this is enough for a game-sponsored memorial. I have also created one outside of one of my houses, using some flowers I found that had her name on them, some bells which were her favorite thing to collect, and I also made a large 18th anniversary vase, because she also loved those. I had made her a verite one for her house, so I made an agapite one for her memorial. If I can get her account login, I will also add a statue, and her favorite bow. I engraved the gryphons with her name, dob and dod, and "valorous warrior, loyal friend". She was one of the original beta players, back when Trammel didn't exist. Hard to imagine her not being there.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited February 2023
    Celestia said:
    My good friend in real life, and long-time adventuring partner in Ultima Online, passed away last week. It appears hers is the first memorial on the new wall on Great Lakes. The way to read it is to hover over the flower or candle that is placed there. 

For me, this is enough for a game-sponsored memorial. I have also created one outside of one of my houses, using some flowers I found that had her name on them, some bells which were her favorite thing to collect, and I also made a large 18th anniversary vase, because she also loved those. I had made her a verite one for her house, so I made an agapite one for her memorial. If I can get her account login, I will also add a statue, and her favorite bow. I engraved the gryphons with her name, dob and dod, and "valorous warrior, loyal friend". She was one of the original beta players, back when Trammel didn't exist. Hard to imagine her not being there.

Nice memorial you have.
    Thanks, so the only ones that can be read are the ones with flowers?

These are fake ones on LS? Because I can't read any.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I spent some time in the memorial area recently. I think it looked like a work in progress (which is fine as long as it looks nicer over time).  I also think that it will be able to accommodate a lot of people’s names. I loved seeing the player memorials in game in different places for sure. It was very special.  But having them in this area means a lot more people can get their names memorialized in game, which I think is overall nicer. 

I do think the ones that were already in the world should have stayed, though. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Creating this special area for memorials took time and resources, whereas leaving things as they were took none. I would therefore conclude that there is a valid reason for the change, but not being a mind reader, I am not aware what that is.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Mariah said:
    Creating this special area for memorials took time and resources, whereas leaving things as they were took none. I would therefore conclude that there is a valid reason for the change, but not being a mind reader, I am not aware what that is.

Communication with the player base has been something Origin/EA/Broadsword seems to really struggle with. It was much better in the Early years and had some high points at times between then and now. But over all Communicating with the players outside of a select few has not been a high priority obviously.  You would not have to be a mind reader if they would simply put forth their logic and reasoning and maybe engage in some conversation outside of the clique.