Publish 116.1 Feedback

Comments

• Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

wtf is everyone going to do after this event? once you got the artis and can't beat those pieces with loot, what you going to do all year?

absolutly right....they will complain like they did all years the same 10 persons posting here on 3-4 accounts thats pathetic how of the track they are. @Kyronix you are making all loot or rewards from the normal game content obsolete very fast with your tot overpowered items....so they will be here in december saying whats next nothing to do like always and next tot want even more powerfull stuff and un balance game again
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

wtf is everyone going to do after this event? once you got the artis and can't beat those pieces with loot, what you going to do all year?
    Fish
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023
    yes please help those poor returning players, as they can't afford the current best in slot -0skill mage weap....or belt slot..

Something tells me the botters will be selling the new 10 MR mage weap for more than 121k. I could be wrong.
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    @Kyronix

Hello,

I reccomend the following patch to the game. 
    All event items etc be labeled a specific way and each toon can only wear 2 or 3 max. This will cause them to.
    1. Keep their value as an item
    2. Create diversity thru need vs want 
    3. Cause people to rely on farming and crafting still

This type of system is used in other games successfully. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,411
    The cost of the Ozymandias' Hiryu is way to high maybe 75 but not 150

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

Great question. The answer ranges from whatever people did before the event to "depends on the Dev team".

For me if they run a repeat of 2023 next year then I'll do the same thing as I did this year; I won't play for the first 9.5 months of the year because of the lack of content and come back when the next ToT is live with new stuff. Mind you, we had a spring "event" in which all the items were the same stuff we already had and I played a total of 8 hours out of a 3 month event.  I actually re-subbed my last active account because it only had 2 more weeks left and I will probably need much more time than that to get the rewards I want.

I could technically go run a bunch of spawns for PS or Roof for Cameos or Medusa for Slithers (which I could have been doing before this event & after) but I've done those a million times. I could easily sell those rewards afterwards (if I get the good ones) but it's too boring for me. If there is nothing new or worthwhile to work toward there is no reason for me to play. There is a reason botters are in the dojo 24/7 scripting for boks to sell... because it's boring as hell and nobody else would do it that long.

That said, if the Dev team gives us new stuff to actually do (which it sounds like in December?) then I'll happily use my new gear to play it and keep at least one account subbed. If they really get things cranked up I might even activate other accounts.
    edited October 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

I won't play for the first 9.5 months of the year because of the lack of content and come back when the next ToT is live with new stuff.

This is my point exactly, if the loot etc from shimmering effusion and every single other peerless and dungeon and crafting wasn't completely obsolete due to the treasures of the OP events, you could do ANYTHING.

I will now be referring to them as TOP events, instead of ToT.
    What a total waste of all the effort they put into these dungeons and quests and crafting.
  • KazKaz Posts: 128
    The loot from peerless bosses was obsolete well before the Treasures of… events. 
    Its been due for an overhaul for a very long time.

as a newer or returning player (4 years) - I am excited for the event and appreciate the gear level.  Thats my opinion, take it or leave it. 
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    keven2002 said:
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

I won't play for the first 9.5 months of the year because of the lack of content and come back when the next ToT is live with new stuff.

This is my point exactly, if the loot etc from shimmering effusion and every single other peerless and dungeon and crafting wasn't completely obsolete due to the treasures of the OP events, you could do ANYTHING.

What a total waste of all the effort they put into these dungeons and quests and crafting.

I disagree. There has been power creep over the course of the 26 years UO has been around. Using that logic, you can say reforging / imbuing were bigger power creeps because without those something like the axe of heavens (50% hit lightning) or blade of insanity (30 SSI / 50 DI) would be worthwhile things.

Same thing with PS too right? Having 120 in a skill has made many things easier to kill resulting in killing a lich now is boring.

As with most things there should be balance. If anything, I'd argue that we should be getting newer content with higher level of difficulty for those that are able to handle it rather than ToT style events where everyone can kill something like a skeleton for a drop to turn in for a bigger reward. Unfortunately that ship sailed many years ago when the Devs decided to roll with dynamic events to work on NL.
    The biggest problem for new / return players is the shard bound they get screwed on lower population shards
    Is this a new trick or treat reward

Tomahawk Ribeye Raw

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Skett said:

Tomahawk Ribeye Raw

Did you look at the Huntsman challenge rewards on TC?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    didn't think to lol is it a pet treat ?
    edited October 2023
    Kaz said:
    The loot from peerless bosses was obsolete well before the Treasures of… events. 
    Its been due for an overhaul for a very long time.

as a newer or returning player (4 years) - I am excited for the event and appreciate the gear level.  Thats my opinion, take it or leave it. 
    The amount of nice rewards which are all in line with what we currently have is why this publish has had the most feedback and player excitement of any Dynamic publish.

@Pawain no new rewards on tc-1 
    starting today? anyone know?
    o
    Pawain said:
    The amount of nice rewards which are all in line with what we currently have

yes totally in line,

this is WITHOUT THE FCR2

lol.png 93.5K
    edited October 2023
    You are alone with the Wand, I am like @Skett.  I think my scroll maker would love it.

I do not understand how anyone would use it to fight, so you can have that argument.

I think there is an old weapon that has 6 or 10 Mana regen tho.
    i want the wand for my tamer/bards
    edited October 2023
    necro mages with bushido parry use Shamen staff, or mystic mages with bushido parry, with 50 mace fighting. For example. Lots of other pvp templates use. I can't show the youtube vids i don't think this forum allows us to post videos of people playing without bugs.

I read on PvP discords, i not the only one who think its insane.
    edited October 2023
    then put some negs- on it to balance like it only attacks the pvper thats holding it in fel  :D
    Skett said:

Tomahawk Ribeye Raw

This might be for later or it might be something just for NL. I think that we had some artwork last year where it was helms with arrows in them that we never saw (I assumed it was for NL).
    kk ty
    I will farm enough wands for all my chars if they are MR1, so will lots of other people.
  • Still looks like dyable  raven or crow statues would solve allot of these problems .....     :D
    Still looks like dyable  raven or crow statues would solve allot of these problems .....     :D
    You do have the Birdhouse from another event right?  We do need occupants since we have a Bird House.
    Still looks like dyable  raven or crow statues would solve allot of these problems .....     :D

Agree !
    edited October 2023
    Skett said:
    kk ty
    It fits the theme on the Huntsmaster.  BBQ Dino Ribs and Salted  Sea Serpent Steaks.

The Hiryu Statue is not there yet so we may have to wait or it will just appear on Live.  Or it may be something else.  I dont know what creature is Tomahawk,  unless tomahawk is the sauce.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,263
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

PvP. Fish. Whatever endgame you like doing.

I've pvp'd almost the entire last year since the last event, we need the event now, we need some decent upgrades.

UO is a sandbox.

Sampires, Trammel, Training, Gear, are only beginner stages.
    Paying plats for current pvm style loot, is not my idea of fun.
    Especially when I don;t like the randomness of it all anyway.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,263
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    keven2002 said:
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

With or without these rewards,

Deceit Dungeon will be empty, and obsolete.

No point trying to fix the game starting with these rewards - I feel like your agenda is off.

Could repopulate Deceit Trammel with a more interesting content.

In the case of Merlin, a multi plat rares seller caring about the economy - seriously, that has to be a very ironic bad joke?

In my case, as a guild that accepts, and see's a lot of new players, these events help new players get into the game.