Publish 116.1 Feedback

Comments

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 211

One thing that's good about this discussion being led by Kyronix is that he knows what's what and who's who.  I had the pleasure of meeting him at the 20th anniversary party and we had a laugh about the topic of forum trolls.  He was clear that he knows who the bad actors are.  

As it relates to this discussion, knowing that he is checking both the UO Forum and Stratics, it should be clear that there is one participant in this on both forums that is acting in bad faith discussing Pub 116.1.  In particular that after the topic of a few items being "OP" came up, this person started asking for MORE mods to be added to the OP items to suit the selfish needs of their own build.  It's shameful manipulation.

Grimbeard said:
    I don't understand why someone's ability to sell something should ever influence anything 

Having a balanced economy is important in any MMO, and as such, considering the economic impact that releasing new items like the ones being evaluated in this thread is an important part of the discussion.  Especially for a mature title like Ultima, you can't simply ignore that these items will affect the bottom line of how some players make gold.

In particular example, when the Archlich gloves were released in the last event, it significantly hobbled the market for all gloves as they effectively became best in slot for majority of mage builds.   The Mempo being introduced in this event will likely have the same effect on selling gear for the neck slot if they remain unchanged. 

These are relevant points that should be considered.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    edited October 2023
    Good then your buddy can see the pictures over there where I proved what I said.

One of us has replaced our current items and proved the new items are a little better, which they should be. But, they do not give more Damage, damage reduction, luck, regenerations or speed than what is currently available,
    The other person has just talked and said over powered over and over, and has shown no proof of this.

If something is OP, why would someone point out and prove they in fact do need more stats to keep up with what I already have and be a little better not less than my current items.

An archer/bard needs as much MR as possible, an item with no MR is a hinderance not an over powerment.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @Kyronix UO just needs raven and crow statues.... make them dyable so no one even has to argue about what color it should be.... lol
  • SynnSynn Posts: 17
    Del805 said:
    Also, as for the Items, please keep coming out with them. They introduce new templates and new builds into pvp... the apron introduced alchy bokuto mages. It removed the need for EP on both jewels, the FC, and 10 resist, allowing the player to build more creative templates and utilize a larger. pool of loot that would usually be unusable.

The Mempho is excellent. Stam is a misconception. Most players can achieve max swing speed with little to no stamina increase with an SSI piece tactically placed around their suit... So, look at ten swing speed=30 stam, so that piece is the equivalent of 5 ssi. Second, Mana is not needed at all for PVE because of the impact of Mana leech on weapons. Most pve chars do not need over 50 mana. So those stats are a moot point. 
    Yup! Agree! These items made different builds/templates possible.  Definitely, got my interest back into the game and to experiment more. 
    edited October 2023
    The Green Jade could be used to sculpt into a Statue.  Maybe like the Obsidian ones.  Or it could turn into a random bird statue  like a Raven or Crow when dbl clicked.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023
    With regards to items being OP. if an item is not that powerful, people will still claim one just to collect it even if they don’t wear it.If an item is OP, like gloves of Archlich. It changes (some would say ruins) the game forever. I would say better to aim under.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    @ Kyronix UO just needs raven and crow statues.... make them dyable so no one even has to argue about what color it should be.... lol

this please and make the rabbits tamable
    Any plans to to change the Bokuto to a random 100% Elemental including chaos damage maybe have those 25% splinting so other mods can be added @Kyronix
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,178
    edited October 2023
    @Kyronix - Can you give some clarity on how the reactive Holy Light property should work? Mainly when should it proc and how should it work when it does proc. Also what is the casting speed of it (is it based on wearers FC/FCR or is it the same for everyone)?  I think there are a few things you might want to double check.

What I've noticed so far. It looks like when you log out while wearing the holy warrior gloves and you log back in the char casts holy light. Not sure if it's a huge deal but doubt that would be the intention of the property.

It looks like it procs when you take damage which is what I'd expect but it also seems to proc when I simply become aggro'ed on something. Example if I attack something (war mode --> double click mob) without any damage being dealt it's casting it. Again I personally don't see that as a huge issue unless that decreases the chance it procs when I actually start fighting.

The one big thing I experienced which I would say is not how it should work is that a few times I actually saw the spell power words (I did not cast it). This happens every time I log in while having the gloves equipped. One time I believe it actually interrupted me casting remove curse which made me think it works like I'm casting it. I killed an oni and was fighting a hiryu and went to remove curse when the holy light proc'ed and my remove curse fizzled. I don't think I was hit by the hiryu. I've tried to reproduce it but it's been pretty tough to replicate because I never know when it will proc. I do not think the reactive spell should be canceling or interrupting other spells; that would be a drawback of having that property if it is indeed intended to work like that.

I also tested the gloves while having 0 chivalry and I've heard fizzles (no holy light proc) when I'm not casting anything. I'm not sure if that's from the reactive proc failing (due to skill) or if it's from the proc being interrupted. To be clear, I did get it to proc successfully with 0 chivalry but it didn't seem like it happened as much as when my Chiv was higher.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,178
    Pawain said:
    Found some places on Isamu Jima on Test center that did not spawn tagged mobs.  I killed mobs to try to get tagged ones but none would respawn tagged.  One is the area where Tsuki-wolves spawn in bulk.  Some areas had many types of mobs that were not tagged but some tagged mobs would walk up to the area. And tagged mobs were a screen away.

Also this whole coast line:

Hope just a glitch.

@Kyronix - I also noticed there were lots of places where mobs weren't tagged. Lots of Gaman around the Isamu gate but it was a bunch of other things like cranes / dogs / horses / etc. They are mixed in with the tagged stuff. Wondering if the "normal" mobs that usually spawn in the area just aren't spawning with tags?
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Maybe a tamer pet will come in one of the following events
    Since @keven2002 uses EC.  I verified that you do see spells words for Holy Light when you log in with the gloves on in CC also.  It does cast the spell.

I see no spell words when it casts while fighting.  I think I have 1 FC so it did not seem to rely on that while fighting. Meaning it did not fizzle while I was surrounded by Tsuki Wolves. 
    Anyone figure the avg. Per hour drop rate yet? I realize it is subjective.
  • AmeliaAmelia Posts: 5
    We have Conjurer's Trinket, An Bal Xen and In Corp Mani Xen -> would be cool to have another Talisman in the "series" with next Slayer type like Reptile / Repond or Arachnid. Maybe for next event? :) 

About items being OP. When someone returns to the game after a brake it is good to have something to farm. Something that is comparable to for example Corrupted Paladin Vambraces or Balron Bone Armor which nowadays cannot be obtained by doing game content (only Vendor Search / Auction Search). 

If someone is an active player and play all the time it is good to have new item which allows rebuild some old suits. And they will only do it if it will be worth it, so it must be somehow good. Rebuilding suits is fun part of the game.  
    yes if you log out hidden, and log in with Gloves of the Holy warrior, the Holy Light spell casting text will reveal you upon log in.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 211
    Been doing some more testing on the spawn...
    Friday night - 14 drops in about 1.5 hours
    Saturday night - 8 drops in an hour
    Sunday afternoon - 6 drops in hour fifteen

This is using a high end sampire with 250 luck.  Mainly playing on plains of of Isamu-Jima.   Killing everything in sight regardless of hit on karma/fame. 

So while luck might be low, the last two tests the drop rate was kind of atrocious.   Will test some more tonight, perhaps trying bringing a thrower or archer - but I'm of the mindset that drop rate is a little on the low side so far.  

Praying the luck potions will be offered in the store similar to other events...

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    Merlin said:
    Been doing some more testing on the spawn...
    Friday night - 14 drops in about 1.5 hours
    Saturday night - 8 drops in an hour
    Sunday afternoon - 6 drops in hour fifteen

This is using a high end sampire with 250 luck.  Mainly playing on plains of of Isamu-Jima.   Killing everything in sight regardless of hit on karma/fame. 

So while luck might be low, the last two tests the drop rate was kind of atrocious.   Will test some more tonight, perhaps trying bringing a thrower or archer - but I'm of the mindset that drop rate is a little on the low side so far.  

Praying the luck potions will be offered in the store similar to other events...

Be nice if copy to test was up so we could move luck suits over 
    edited October 2023
    @kyronix any reason there are sections of Isamu that do not spawn tagged Mobs?  Those include the Yamandon Area.  Also some areas where Tsuki Wolves will spawn.  And areas where the Kase Kemono and Rai Ju spawn.  I gave coords for some in another post.
    edited October 2023
    @Grimbeard I am predicting a lot of deaths for anyone wearing a non elete Luck Suit.  Not even gonna try to wear one until I have played a while.  

Maybe you could play around Kappa Lake or just kill Deathwatch Beetles.

But I tend to run right for the Paragons in these events.
    that drop rate is atrocious
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    Grimbeard said:

Copying to TC1 has been up since Friday afternoon.  Hopefully your inability to copy to test center isn’t indicative of your ability to test. ;)
    Violet said:
    Grimbeard said:

Copying to TC1 has been up since Friday afternoon.  Hopefully your inability to copy to test center isn’t indicative of your ability to test. ;)
    I hadn't even checked as it's on a different patch or so i thought 

@Pawain most of my characters have everyday luck suits they do all content with and i make them all earn their own drops 
    edited October 2023
    Looking at that drop rate, it is about 7 per hour. what about those people that cannot play but a n hour or two a day? or average out at like 7 to 10 hours a week? with the competition of people at the location(s), with the rate, I think plenty of people will be hard pressed to get enough points for items they want. 
    Grimbeard said:
    Violet said:
    Grimbeard said:

I hadn't even checked as it's on a different patch or so i thought 

@ Pawain most of my characters have everyday luck suits they do all content with and i make them all earn their own drops 
    Then you have not copied to test in a Year?  :p

An everyday one with the statue will get increased drops at least for an hour.

Mine will be a Sampire with 1640 Luck before the statue.  Thinking of putting many of his skills on an archer with a Yumi as a second version of Luck guy.  They can use the same suit.

Never used a Sampire in these, Ill miss my bandages.  Ill turn into one of those jerks that can't res anyone.
    edited October 2023
    You can tell we are on the same publish because you get this on Live Shards:

You are aware of this, correct @Kyronix
    one will just need new cape the other the new footwear 

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 811
    edited October 2023
    Holumer said:
    Looking at that drop rate, it is about 7 per hour. what about those people that cannot play but a n hour or two a day? or average out at like 7 to 10 hours a week? with the competition of people at the location(s), with the rate, I think plenty of people will be hard pressed to get enough points for items they want. 

Pre-destard dungeon event, these drops rates could be 30-50 an hour.

First few weeks of destard were unusual, higher drop rates as the volume of spawn as higher than normal, and it was mostly in a small area.   (Having spawn spread out slow drop rate, due to travel time).

Last weeks of destard, the drop rate was far reduced vs. 30-50.  Possibly inline with what people have reported so far for tokuno.  (@Kyronix, the pendulum was swung too far...)

Enabling the Serrado champ spawn to count will likely help with the grousing that may commence after the Tokuno event goes live :)

You may also want to compare drop rates vs. effort vs. prior egg hunting effective drops rates...
    I perhaps should give the perspective here of how OP some of the items are from a self proclaimed top tier player.

I (and other pvpers) generally would think nothing of paying 1 plat for a piece of armor that would yield 1 extra Mana regen than we currently have. 

So if the mage weap wand was 1MR, it would still be a no brainier to farm enough of them for all chars that use a mage weap
    10MR (with -0 skill) is INSANE, I am sure someone’s finger slipped on the keyboard when programming it.

Also with regards to the bok, last one I saw for sale that was 30 splint imbueable I think sold for 450mill or around that, and that was non exceptional. 

The wand will be great for my crafter  
    Be cool if they added old event deco as well