Publish 116.1 Feedback

Comments

• My feedback :)

• Spent about an hour running around north of isamu-jima on a sampire with a friend on a second samp. We both pulled 5 artifacts each. Seems like the drop rate should be a little higher. 
    • I’m getting messages every time I kill things that were form the yukios quest i.e. “you have to kill 23 more of these” or something to that effect. My quest log is clear.
    • They new Ozymandias Hiyru is a cool idea, But I think it would bet cool if it were a different color. Perhaps the same hue as the artifact drops?
  • Synn said:
    Shanee said:
    The wand is really cool in concept, but it's pretty useless for PvE (and PvP). It'd be nice if it at least had SDI to compete with the 50 sdi spellbook, or Hook's Shield, otherwise I'm not sure why it'd be used. Getting full FCR and mana regen is extremely easy on PvE builds and there are plenty of mage weapon options.

Please give this item a bit more love 

Agree with the above, the item is almost there... but it's just missing something.... SDI?  hit spell? skill bonuses? 

The wand is awesome for pvp. Its a great option to supplement the balaki shamans wand. Also, throwing on 10 mr in any fight where you are burning mana fielding is very useful. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    @Kyronix someone said the mempo is medable.

Please make it act as studded leather or metal. Put a mage armor tag on it that we can remove if you Intended it to be medable.
    Thanks

Ignore if I got bad info.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    So the hyru is a mount and not a pet to fight with?!?
    Does luck help with the drip rate?
  • Holumer said:

Luck has influenced the drop rate of all the "Treasures of " Events so far. I specifically made a Warrior Luck Suit for these events because of that.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Holumer said:
    So the hyru is a mount and not a pet to fight with?!?
    Correct it offers damage reduction for fighters
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Holumer said:
    No one really knows 
    Well, that stinks. I am significantly less excited now. A mount that does the same thing that you can already get, in two different versions is not even close to as cool as a new pet for a tamer. 

This seems very much like a PVP based reward event. 
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 230
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix someone said the mempo is medable.

Please make it act as studded leather or metal. Put a mage armor tag on it that we can remove if you Intended it to be medable.
    Thanks

Just tested, it's not medable. Maybe they are confused by the message you get if you try to med at full mana.

It is a platemail mempo based off the LMC bonus.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• moved my comment here   ................how about a rehued bird frame that is either a crow or a raven, dont care which, that makes crow sounds when locked down.... i mean id really love to have atleast 1 halloween deco item from the halloween dungeon event.....    i still want some dyable scattered leaves to. burning wood fragments or leaves of the dryad would provide suitable frames for those.....    pretty pretty plz....
    Banes can always be added so there is a pvp/sampire mount and a pet for tamers. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Luck plays a very big role in your drop rate.
    Thank you @Kyronix
    Khyro said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix someone said the mempo is medable.

Thanks

Just tested, it's not medable. Maybe they are confused by the message you get if you try to med at full mana.

It is a platemail mempo based off the LMC bonus.
    Thanks. I knew Kyronix was not that evil.
    edited October 2023
    Holumer said:
    Thank you @ Kyronix
    Yes always use your 1 hour with luck from statue when doing these events.  There are many public ones.

And only 2 of these rewards are PvP. 
    Tag pirates, dread pirates, and sea creatures please!!!
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023

There is a problem with the menu,
    Only the 2 Mushroom Apron's are showing the Shard Bound property in the menu
    All items are shard bound
    This can cause some upset if it gives the impression that only these 2 items are shard bound.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Covfefe said:

There is a problem with the menu,
    Only the 2 Mushroom Apron's are showing the Shard Bound property in the menu
    All items are shard bound
    This can cause some upset if it gives the impression that only these 2 items are shard bound.

We can add the property in the display window.  Wouldn’t want you to get confused.  Thanks for picking this up! :)
  • Just ran around killing some stuff on TC1.
    I can tell you right now, Paragon Frost Mites are going to make Sampires cry :D. Rapid 50-60 damage melee hits in all 70 Resists without Swampy Armor, and their Cold Wind easily interrupts Close Wounds/Confidence heals. It takes Stagger+Hit Fatigue to go toe to toe with them. Btw, Beetle Slayer/Ice Slayer Talismans don't work against Frost Mites :/

Paragon Skeletal Dragons and Paragon Rune Beetles are the next nastiest, but at least they're vulnerable to Slayers (Dragon and Beetle). This talisman here helps quite a bit with the Rune Beetles. I used to have a 56% Rune Beetle Protection/Beetle Slayer Talisman, but it disappeared years ago. At least the Rune Corruption debuff has an icon now (although, i'd still like it to have a visual graphic so you can see when a pet uses it).
  • I think the Storm Lord's Steel would be better off as a Daisho (DS+Feint), instead of a Wakizashi.
    OOO that snow area with the frost Mites and Lady of the Snow sounds like a fun place to play! 
  •  Wakizashi is fine as is.
  •  Wakizashi is fine as is.

It seems to be intended for more of a PvM Weapon, with the 80% Lightning/30% Sparks. It has FWW+DS as Specials. Thing is, the Double Axe has DS+WW, and WW is superior to FWW for AoE damage in PvM, due to WW damage scaling with DI+Slayers, and proccing Leeches and Hit Areas, which FWW does not.
    As a Daisho however, it would have Feint+DS. The Daisho is used for fighting real heavy hitters, using the Feint to reduce incoming damage, and using DS to deliver damage while Feint is active.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Is there a public luck statue on TC1?
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 93
    edited October 2023
     Wakizashi is fine as is.

It seems to be intended for more of a PvM Weapon, with the 80% Lightning/30% Sparks. It has FWW+DS as Specials. Thing is, the Double Axe has DS+WW, and WW is superior to FWW for AoE damage in PvM, due to WW damage scaling with DI+Slayers, and proccing Leeches and Hit Areas, which FWW does not.
    As a Daisho however, it would have Feint+DS. The Daisho is used for fighting real heavy hitters, using the Feint to reduce incoming damage, and using DS to deliver damage while Feint is active.
    What’s wrong with a (really cool) pvm weapon? The Bokuto is the pvp weapon this time around. 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    edited October 2023

Feudal Kabuto - I see the devs took my recommendation of adding a transmoggable version of the Ancient Samurai Helmet, since that graphic was otherwise unique to an outdated piece of gear.

nice writeup overall.  except the Kabuto, we already have the same graphic that can be easily obtained (takes about 10 secs to kill the mobs)  100 percent drop rate on barrab warriors in eodon.

for this item to be of any value at all, the TOT version could be made exceptional so at least it would have 500 imbue weight.  or a desireable un-obtainable color.  spawning hue is 1834 (brownish)

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    "I can't wait for this new mount to be a 5 slot", said the poor neglected Grizzled Mare.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited October 2023
     @PlayerSkillFTW I am currently on Test center using item id on the items, the mempo is plate, the do is studded, the gargoyle necklace is a plate amulet, the gargoyle kilt is plate and the raiment is a stone chest.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    Some quick feedback after playing around on TC yesterday:

-Of the deco items, I think the only one I'm interested in is the Raw Jade. I am disappointed none of them have the "Hey!" pop-up stories.

-The Cloak/Wing of Elements is pretty good for having 25 more luck than the Serpent Skin with the downside of no SSI or DI. But I'll take that trade-off.

-I think the Ghostwalkers are great. Any items that free up points on a thief template is a welcome to me, especially as I'm on a mission to have the least amount of real skill on a legendary thief as possible.

-Glad to see the Conjurer's Trinket back.

-The Warlord Sash is interesting and I'd need more time to weigh whether or not it'd replace the Corgul Sash on my builds. 

-Serpent's Bite is great, too, for my spellcasters. All though now maybe I feel like we're getting a bit too high in point cost.

-I hope everyone enjoys that Weeping Edge, but especially our friends who are down in the Oni room every night and are positively robotic in their devotion to finding a good bokuto.

-Shugenja's Wand took me a moment to grasp but now I'm very into it. I'm one of the devoted/dumb players who do run two clients on my two screens and for some events go through the trouble of dragging around a pocket bard. As an example, one of those pocket characters is 4x120 bard skills, GM magery, meditation, and 40 focus. With jewelry and Drogeni's they go to 50 focus, 35 eval, and 120 magery. Switching out that Drogeni's for the wand would lose me that +20 magery and +15 DCI but gain me a lot more MR. A lot a lot. Most of this character's suit is built to get as much MR as possible when I'm trying to keep songs going for huge parties doing EM events, Roof, etc. As @Violet said, I think this is a great item for support bards and spellcasters who aren't attempting to deal direct damage and need 50% SDI. If I could selfishly ask for a change, even +10 magery would make that a slam dunk for mage support builds and maybe shake things up a bit. I know others have expressed this as well, but the constant arms race of more and more SDI without any meaningful QoL updates to the client to make spellcasting more intuitive has worn thin. 

-The Mempo is great, all though I'm gonna struggle mightily with actually wearing it on my carefully built and dressed paladins and archers.

-Same with the Shugenja's Raiment. That'll be a must have for spellcasters.

-My macer is gonna rock the heck out of that Divine Sanctifier! I can already hear the satisfying THWACK and lightning sound.

-The Gloves of the Holy Warrior are bitchin'. I dread how many pairs of those I'm going to need across all of my paladins, dragoons, and archers.

-The Ozymandias' Hiryu probably doesn't appeal to me, as I've never found the damage reduction from Swamp dragons (either armored or the Paroxy) to be needed for my play style. BUT! I'm glad that this will exist for those who want something different to ride that isn't the big green swampy which just looks bizarre in the CC. (All though the Hiryu looks bizarre in the EC, so I guess no one really wins.)

Now having said all that, I'm disappointed this event is so short. If the end date is indeed fixed, I think some of these should come down in price. The overland of Tokuno is not nearly as concentrated as some of the dungeons are and I see competition for the denser areas being a problem. On TC Kyronix asked us to test the spawn and drop rates (as it was unchanged from previous Treasures events) and my perceptions matched Ron's. I got a few drops in the time I played a bit, but they felt slow. Bringing it up a tic might help.

Finally, I'm disappointed that there isn't an alternative way to earn points during this event, like there was during the Fey Wrath. It doesn't have to be quite so easy as walk around and pick up eggs for turn-in. But there are a ton of other systems in the game that appeal to different play styles other than "kill monsters, get loot." This has been acknowledged, too, during Meet and Greets where the team said that they could add artifacts as a reward for dungeon treasure chests, which has still not been implemented.

like killing monsters and getting loot. It'll always be my preferred method of earning artifacts. But a constant critique people make about these events is that they are very samey. Having a different alternative mechanic for each event for earning points would address this. For this event you could have artifacts appear in Tokuno treasure chests. For the next, the hidden dungeon chests. For the next, maybe as a potential reward for City Trade deals. For the next, maybe they could be stolen from monsters. For the next, maybe as BoD rewards. Etc. etc. etc. There are so many playstyle mechanics in the game; some creativity here in addition to the "kill monsters, get loot" approach would pay dividends.