Devs/mesanna

HAHA as you can see they don’t want to face the fact that they don’t want to fix the issue of cheating. As they just closed my post. They are lazy and do nothing for the game to make it better. They take your money each month and sit back and do nothing. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
     B) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited September 2023
    Are you talking about this post ?

Whether it's scrolls of transcendence, or the slim veil, these all resolve down to the same discussion.

Take animal taming as an example.  This is an incredibly grindy skill to raise.  Players don't like the grind, so they typically have these options:
    1. Purchase a mythical token or similiar from the UO store, to immediately raise skills to 85+.
    2. Purchase the time of legends expansion of help the gain from 90 to 120.
    3. Acquire scrolls of transcendence.  5.0 taming were 50-100m when I checked.

If it takes 500 trade runs to cobble together a 5.0 taming scroll, it comes back to this:

"If automation is being used, that shouldn't be too much of a surprise."

Now, the market for scrolls of transcendence could be turned upside down, in any number of ways.  For instance, if soul stones were usable across accounts, that would create a new market (and drive soul stone sales from the UO store).  Net is, many of the drivers here relate to the desire for legitimate players to find less grindy ways to advance skills, get equipment, etc.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    edited September 2023
    New king of closed threads
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     :D 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited September 2023
    13 characters in heartwood, trammel, Atlantic. You really think they give any craps? the answer is NO.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Wow thats pathetic!!! I guess they don’t care about botting. It looks like they run this game poorly. Also looks like they are very lazy and content on the income they get. 
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    How does someone control 13 characters at the same time?
    Holumer said:
    How does someone control 13 characters at the same time?
    If they are doing the same thing at the same time it is known as multiboxing and there is illegal programs out there and is a bannable offence.  You can multi client as many clients as your system can handle as long as you have to go to each client one by one and do stuff.
    edited September 2023
    You can see a youtube video linked here that shows brute force runic crafting in action. attempting to craft very specific items.

There was an old post I made on this forum (can't find it), that couched this in terms of "balron economics".  That is, to pay for 1 runic, you'd have to kill thousands of balrons, over X amount of time.  To reproduce what is done in the youtube video, that would be many months of killing balrons.

That brings us back to

"If automation is being used, that shouldn't be too much of a surprise."

and

"Net is, many of the drivers here relate to the desire for legitimate players to find less grindy ways to advance skills, get equipment, etc."

edited September 2023
    username said:
    13 characters in heartwood, trammel, Atlantic. You really think they give any craps? the answer is NO.
    And you know for a 100% FACT they are multiboxing
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    username said:
    So would this being attended make it ok?
    Grimbeard said:
    username said:
    Is there a limit to how many paid accounts we can use?  I missed that memo.

Power gamers will always have more than normal players.
  • KraggKragg Posts: 8
    edited September 2023
         When I returned now coming on 6 years this account, it was because I heard you could play free.  I relearned the game using EC and no extra expansions. To this day, I still cannot get the stink of the Jhelom bullpens off my boots, but I can say I never botted. you get the tally and the proper jewels, and take advantage of Power hours, yes they still exist.
          My original account I have an old miner smith and can draw my lineage from the first 5 to GM smithing. No pinks, no blues, no bods, no fire beetles. I can claim to have repaired silver vanquishing Katanas and my Lord title to this day is maintained by hunting. 
          I was the smith to what are now the oldest and largest guild on the shard before they even had a smith.  I taught smiths who have passed and are legendary and their passing marked with memorials, which end of the shovel to hold.
          Now I can prove none of this, because the truly old smiths had one style of mark on their armor. Today in the time it took to write this, another could take my name, use a mythic token, jewels, pinks and blues and have a set of Lord Mordin Rockbiter armor waiting on my doorstep. I know my first set of GM  Iron plate no one would even consider wearing, but it was valuable to me, my badge and no one could replicate it. and all gone, nerfed to make one uniform mark.  

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    username said:

Would be a real shame if someone released a dimetrosaur and attacked it until it poison breathed.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited September 2023
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    username said:

Once again you fail to understand that multiboxing is illegal - regardless of how many paid accounts or if someone is actually there. Yes we know "computers can do stuff" but it becomes illegal when the computer is controlling all 10+ accounts at the same time without a human needing to do anything.

I'm assuming once the toon runs out of resources they go get more and come back. There is no legal macro that automatically goes to the bank (or wherever) to get more resources; let alone for multiple accounts at the same time. People have said this happens 20+ hours a day for days on end. Trying to argue that this is a "power gamer" is just being overtly obtuse. 

I'm not sure what the GMs do to "test" the accounts. Without being able to track IP addresses etc I don't know if a GM would be able to determine someone is multiboxing if their script is good OR if the person is at the keyboard because the GM is only one person to pull away accounts or question them. In this instance though for runics where getting a runic I believe is random, I don't really see it how it hurts anyone other than the scripter having a bunch of runics they can sell.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2023
    Multi-Boxer: Ability to use 1 software to control 10 accounts on 1 computer.

Monster: Ability to use 10 hands to control 10 accounts on 10 computers.

Either way, both are cheaters.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited September 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    username said:

Once again you fail to understand that multiboxing is illegal - regardless of how many paid accounts or if someone is actually there. Yes we know "computers can do stuff" but it becomes illegal when the computer is controlling all 10+ accounts at the same time without a human needing to do anything.

I'm assuming once the toon runs out of resources they go get more and come back. There is no legal macro that automatically goes to the bank (or wherever) to get more resources; let alone for multiple accounts at the same time. People have said this happens 20+ hours a day for days on end. Trying to argue that this is a "power gamer" is just being overtly obtuse. 

I'm not sure what the GMs do to "test" the accounts. Without being able to track IP addresses etc I don't know if a GM would be able to determine someone is multiboxing if their script is good OR if the person is at the keyboard because the GM is only one person to pull away accounts or question them. In this instance though for runics where getting a runic I believe is random, I don't really see it how it hurts anyone other than the scripter having a bunch of runics they can sell.
    While it’s likely splitting hairs, I think the distinction is important.  I highly doubt these bots are multi boxing.  Much more likely they are multi clienting with a crafting/rail script running separately for each client.  Provided it’s monitored so a real person can pause and respond if a GM shows up, the GMs hands are probably tied.
    Exactly. I do not fail to understand how powerful a computer is.
    Simply limiting EJ accounts to haven would solve so many issues 
    Grimbeard said:
    If these were EJ accounts they would be banned.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Which is an entirely different problem 
    edited September 2023
    For the trade runs, we know those have to be paid accounts.

Only broadsword knows if those are EJ accounts in heartwood.  I've suggested broadsword add an [EJ] tag above EJ players, for all to see, which other users have agreed with.  (On the other hand, if you see those same players, identified by objectID, running trade runs, you know they are not EJ).

More limits should be placed on EJ accounts (see many other posts on this).  I don't think it's practical/warranted to limit them to just "haven" however.

The volume of new bugs being posted to the "Customer Service -> bugs" subforum here has dwindled recently.  Perhaps we will see some progress on triage and fixing those?  Thank you.

• styxstyx Posts: 20
    and now the acc mgmt is not working
    Grimbeard said:
    They should have lifted the expiration date on the Trial Accounts and we would not have all these problems with EJ Accounts.
  • Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I doubt someone is paying for 13+ accounts to script in off-hours only. If they were paid they'd be going 24/7. I find it highly unlikely they're paid.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I doubt someone is paying for 13+ accounts to script in off-hours only. If they were paid they'd be going 24/7. I find it highly unlikely they're paid.
    It’s perfectly possible that these are paid accounts that are played during peak time and used to collect resources in the off hours.
  • This is true. But I still lean heavily they're EJs as they can do this task the same as any paid account can and they only do it off-hours because they know they'll be banned immediately by any gm that saw it.

username said:
    This is true. But I still lean heavily they're EJs as they can do this task the same as any paid account can and they only do it off-hours because they know they'll be banned immediately by any gm that saw it.
    What do you call off hours? I have paged a GM many times at 2 am Central and they came to fix whatever. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited September 2023
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    This is true. But I still lean heavily they're EJs as they can do this task the same as any paid account can and they only do it off-hours because they know they'll be banned immediately by any gm that saw it.
    What do you call off hours? I have paged a GM many times at 2 am Central and they came to fix whatever. 
    I don't know. I page often at 8,9,10pm and don't get a reply till the next morning at 7am. Sometimes I even have paged in the mornings 8,9,10am and won't get anything till 2-3pm. I haven't looked in to specifics, I could go check if you're really interested, but that late night/early morning hours is what I consider "off hours".