Suggestion: Improving set items

2»

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Skett said:
    all my mules/craftsmen use Sorcerer suit my fisherman use the bait suit, the rest of the suits are just deco.
    The suits could be useful take the scouts nake it into a viable mid range archer suit with some + to archer ssi di hci the knight set could be same but with + to chivalry no one asking for leet gear just something useful against today's monsters 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited September 2023
    Here is the Darkwood suit.  Very cool looking when all the pieces are present.

It is a 6 piece armor set. The top is my 6 pieces the bottom is the set pieces.

No LMC, almost half the Stamina and Mana of Mine. No mana regen. 

It is deco.  Was it ever not deco?

Opps I left my Epps on. so remove the 10SSi and 8 stamina from the top pic.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    edited September 2023
    the journeyman suit isnt bad all blessed with the blessed virtue shield and blessed newbie weapon and an ethy for fel mules and thief's
    edited September 2023
    Ya the newer suits are improved. 
    Alorons set is not horrible. Now that velocity is fixed for the slayer yumi and you can wear the protection earrings. Works for the turtle spawn. I need to revisit it with the vampire arms.
    Pawain said:
    Here is the Darkwood suit.  Very cool looking when all the pieces are present.

It is a 6 piece armor set. The top is my 6 pieces the bottom is the set pieces.

No LMC, almost half the Stamina and Mana of Mine. No mana regen. 

It is deco.  Was it ever not deco?

Opps I left my Epps on. so remove the 10SSi and 8 stamina from the top pic.
    This a perfect example just beef it up to today's game 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    @Mariah are there pages in the UO Wiki for all these suit sets
    @ Mariah are there pages in the UO Wiki for all these suit sets

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-item-sets/
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    TY @Mariah and @Pawain ; I was hoping there was a page with links to all the different armor sets not just the artifact ones.
  • This game has really suffered due to long periods of developers being out of touch and having no idea what good items looked like. They seem to have gotten over that problem lately, but the game is burdened with a bunch of trash items that were literally never desirable.

Dump them all from the loot table, let them be rare, and replace them with new sets someone might wear.
    edited September 2023

Aloron's set:

My archer Bard can switch to this set and use it. I am including the Halawa's hunting bow.

I Do lose Archery skill because I wear hunters headress.

In order to have maximum swing speed with a Yumi, I would only need 120 Stamina at this SSI.
    I have Chivalry.

So, just by switching pieces I could go to Dragon Turtle and  do maximum base damage on everything. (meaning the damage determined by my stats, notice my damage stats did not change)  I have no skills to use use the specials on a Yumi, so I only rely on the Velocity to increase damage. This bow does not have Mana leech so that would limit using specials.

In order to swing a Composite bow at Maximum speed I would need 210 Stamina. 
    But, I can take off an SSI ring and add the needed abilities to get this suit at maximum speed, HCI and damage using a Composite Bow.  That would allow me to use AI on each hit.

Building around this suit to make a swordsman would be very easy. I could change pieces on my suit to get closer to 150 Str since you do not need this much stamina.

So, @Kyronix ; A suit set similar to the Aloron set would allow a player to build around it and use it all the time.  These stat levels would easily make a suit that a player can use daily.

Just make it a different slayer and mix up the pieces.

A reptile slayer, a Vermin slayer, an undead slayer, etc would be quite popular.

Make one that has a weapon that looks like a banjo, the ones that change color are popular.
  • TY @ Mariah and @ Pawain  I was hoping there was a page with links to all the different armor sets not just the artifact ones.
    cleanup point sets listed here:

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/clean-up-britannia/
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited September 2023
    The clean up ones are not bad. You can imbue them and they are special purpose. The ML drop pieces are what needs an upgrade.

The virtue armor and journeyman set are basic starting dexxer suits.

Also have the epiphany armor.  Those are also deco.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Shanee said:
    Kindly move the debate about fishing and mining to a different thread as it's derailing the topic  :D
    This is exactly what I was talking about when I made my comment early on and low and behold the topic derailed because of grimbeard/ mcdougle. 
    edited September 2023
    dvvid said:
    Shanee said:
    Kindly move the debate about fishing and mining to a different thread as it's derailing the topic  :D
    This is exactly what I was talking about when I made my comment early on and low and behold the topic derailed because of grimbeard/ mcdougle. 
    Fishing and mining both have suits or armor pieces that desperately need updating 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    They should have created a super rare full balron set, 6 pc suit, collected from 6 treasures event. 

When all 6 pcs are worn, the character can activate any slayer that works on any damage that he deals from weapon/spells.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 101
    edited September 2023
    Pawain said:
    Also have the epiphany armor.  Those are also deco.
    Perfect example of an item that was intended to be relevant but utterly flopped because whoever created it didn't understand how the game works well enough. So now armor with a completely unique item property created for it is "deco."

Should have been buffed years ago.
    Was probably decent when made, but other items have surpassed it.

When you can put together a suit that has 150 strength, 230 stamina, and 80 mana, swing any weapon at max speed and have 2 slots for a slayer, they would have to make all the suits way overpowered to match what we can put together. 
    Pawain said:

When you can put together a suit that has 150 strength, 230 stamina, and 80 mana, swing any weapon at max speed and have 2 slots for a slayer, they would have to make all the suits way overpowered to match what we can put together. 
    No one asking for that just have them updated to fit in today's game think of them as second or third shard equipment 
    edited September 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

No one asking for that just have them updated to fit in today's game think of them as second or third shard equipment 
    Todays game is maximum whatever we desire.  We have played for 26 years we know how to do that.

I guess there are still who use the Journeymans armor, These suit sets would probably be just as good as that.
  • Pawain said:
    No, it was literally never good and there was never a point where it would be normal to see someone wear it. It can be imbued, but not enhanced, and has the resists of regular NPC junk. By the time you finish imbuing resists on to it, there isn't enough room for other things to make you want to bother.

Anyone who played the game could have told them this, too. It was a really bad time for the game. Lots of items are like this, never good in the first place because the developer making them hadn't played the game in ten years.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I think the best thing to do with epiphany armor is remove it from the game, that way we'd have a better chance of getting the more useful drops from Charybdis.