Up to 6 Multiboxer Questers Trammel, Heartwood, Atlantic, LOL

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

Obviously multiboxing quests, LOL.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    Hard to even get them all CTRL+Shift object handles runs out there are so many of them and their pack horses. NOT CHEATING THOUGH, obvious multiboxing is obvious. @Mesanna you are awful, please resign.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    But are they mounted  ;)
  • Grimbeard said:
    But are they mounted  ;)
    I've got a bottle of wine and some chocolates, I'll you know how it goes . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    I saw this myself last night. I logged 2 hours after this was posted and said players were still going full steam. 

As of 7am the saw factory is starting up. 

It makes me wonder what they found out or know what change is coming to be harvesting that many saws. Heartwood was completely dead for years. Why the sudden factory now? Can EJ accounts get saws?

I'm also seeing an uptick with the old style overseas gold farmers as well. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I suspect they’re doing them for ash runic saws

guessing it’s just a lot easier to script to make stools than somehow script BODs

are they going out and lumberjacking wood too?
    if not, there is a cost involved in purchasing wood”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited August 2023
    Urge said:
    I saw this myself last night. I logged 2 hours after this was posted and said players were still going full steam. 

As of 7am the saw factory is starting up. 

It makes me wonder what they found out or know what change is coming to be harvesting that many saws. Heartwood was completely dead for years. Why the sudden factory now? Can EJ accounts get saws?

I'm also seeing an uptick with the old style overseas gold farmers as well. 
    It's honestly a mystery... I'm right there with you and I don't get it either, why now? Lol. 

I didn't think EJs could do these quests repetitively but according to THIS ARTICLE they can? I know old 'trial' accounts couldn't run quests over and over, but maybe they changed that for EJs? Seems like an easy enough fix if they are EJs, I'll give it a try later after work. Man, if this is the case, EJs were a mistake.

I now notice they are only there at certain times of the day. They apparently know the entire GM schedule as whenever I page on them I don't get a reply for 12+ hours later. That or they're in cahoots with the GMs.

edited August 2023
    username said: They apparently know the entire GM schedule as whenever I page on them I don't get a reply for 12+ hours later. 
    Yep, this is exactly what it is. They know the GM schedule when they work/don't work. Received a canned email response from a GM this morning, shortly after they logged off. And tonight once again paged on them as soon as they showed upand I won't get an email response till the next morning.

SAD

I have informed Mesanna of this. In years ago during the ToTs they put GM support 24/7 cause of how much they were cheated, perhaps she will do the same.

• I got a couple of nice talismans (including a vermin slayer) and about 10k cleanup points off of them today. not a bad haul.

• Why not have a reputation system in game based on accuracy of reports? Obviously people who just try to report every player like a rodent would have <1% accuracy and they would mean nothing. Alternatively when players with brains make reports and have accuracy of >80%, they would warrant investigation. 

Also - I am pretty sure the GMs do not actually play the game and might not even speak english as a first language, so when you report this as "multiboxing" when it is clearly "unattended scripting" - You not knowing the difference might make your reports less effective. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2023
    so when you report this as "multiboxing" when it is clearly "unattended scripting" - You not knowing the difference might make your reports less effective. 
    “If a child phone 911 and say a man came in door and took some stuff. The police will not charge the guy cos the caller never mentioned the word ‘burglary’? Not up to players to understand the technical terms of the mal actors”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    The last time I reported anyone I simply said 'this person appears to be issuing commands to his pet while a ghost, please investigate'.

In this one I might have said 'these 6 characters seem to be unnaturally co-ordinated in their synchronised movements, please investigate'.  

• Why not have a reputation system in game based on accuracy of reports? Obviously people who just try to report every player like a rodent would have <1% accuracy and they would mean nothing. Alternatively when players with brains make reports and have accuracy of >80%, they would warrant investigation. 

Also - I am pretty sure the GMs do not actually play the game and might not even speak english as a first language, so when you report this as "multiboxing" when it is clearly "unattended scripting" - You not knowing the difference might make your reports less effective. 
    I personally know two ex GM's both play.

• Inconsistent enforcement of the rules has always been a problem in this game. In the early days we used to joke that the only way to get a GM to help you was to be red. However, while I can't speak for the sincerity of this particular post or not, I can in general confirm that multi-boxing is an issue, especially at EM events. And the excuse that it's hard to disentangle from legitimate multi-clienting has never felt right to me.
  • I shared on stream last night the multiboxer haven that fandancer dojo has become. On my way down to the onis I passed 2 or 3 sets in training and at the onis there is a 7 set multiboxer. At least I get all the loot after the timer goes since I think he is just looting splintering weps. 
  • I shared on stream last night the multiboxer haven that fandancer dojo has become. On my way down to the onis I passed 2 or 3 sets in training and at the onis there is a 7 set multiboxer. At least I get all the loot after the timer goes since I think he is just looting splintering weps. 
    I farm fan dancers just for splinters, I never loot anything else. I think most ppl there just don't speak because they don't speak English or are too busy killing stuff.

If you want to see real multi boxing go do a circuit of Destard mountain in fel, theres a guy running five miners (has done for years), I made an ej just to kill him, have over 200 counts now.
    I farm fan dancers just for splinters, I never loot anything else. I think most ppl there just don't speak because they don't speak English or are too busy killing stuff.

If you want to see real multi boxing go do a circuit of Destard mountain in fel, theres a guy running five miners (has done for years), I made an ej just to kill him, have over 200 counts now.
    This was a 7 person multiboxer, you know them when you see them. The others were all young accounts training on fandancers. But the dude in the oni room, 100% multiboxer, no one moves 7 accounts in unison like that. 
    Looks like they're logging in for the night. Come get your pages in and make sure to save the ticket #'s so you can reference them to Mesanna.

username said:
    Looks like they're logging in for the night. Come get your pages in and make sure to save the ticket #'s so you can reference them to Mesanna.
    Funny enough we have about 6 players paging on them and NO ONE has gotten a response for over a day now. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    If you page on another player you will NEVER get a response.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited August 2023
    username said:

Obviously multiboxing quests, LOL.

We should ask ourselves, though, "why" there is some players out there who may decide to use scripts, multiboxing and Third Party utilities to have machines play their characters....

Perhaps, "just" perhaps, could perhaps this might be because the design of the gameplay, in order for players to get some needed/wanted items, sees players need to spend way too much of their time playing the game, in order to get them ?

Just perhaps....

Maybe, if items did not take so much time to get them, players would not need to use scripting, multiboxing or other ways to get them if they lack or simply do not want to spend such a large amount of time playing a game in order to get some pixels... just perhaps.... I am wondering....

Furthermore, if the time to get items in the game was more reasonable, players would not need to spend their real money to purchase them from other players, among whom, perhaps, might be some who used scripts, multiboxing or else to get some of those items, who knows.... so, also the issue of real money trades would go away, or get much reduced in its impact on the game..... for lack of a sufficient number of players willing to spend real money to buy items or gold in the game since, they could earn their own just playing the game since the time to get them would be much less as what it is now... and those selling items or gold for real money, would not have buyers, or many less that there might be now.....

I am NOT saying that high end items should be ubiquitous, dropping all over the place.... but neither they should be so scarce, rare, and time consuming to get as they are now.... the time to get them should be reasonably set, to my opinion, like AT MOST 1 hour, no more then 2 hours of trying per high end item.

I mean, 1-2 hours of a player's time is A LOT of time, to my opinion, therefore, the gameplay design should be one that, over this time span, should guarantee the wanted item's drop after that time has lapsed.... the Design could be with a percentage that starts as low and progresses as that player's character continues engaging in that given activity towards obtaining that item, and after a reasonable amount of time was to have lapsed (as I suggested, 1-2 real hours), the player should have a guaranteed drop of that given item because that percentage has grown to 100%, guaranteed drop.

Just wondering.....
    You sure about that?

Huh.

• username said:
    You sure about that?

Huh.
    But they do not say what the outcome was, just that they received your submission and they will investigate it. It even says in those emails that they won't reply with any findings, don't remember exact wording though.

• RinerRiner Posts: 366
    @popps the problem isn't the cost in time to get an item, as that is what gives it value. The problem as correctly pointed out here is the lack of enforcement of the rules. Allowing some to take advantage of the the situation to make a profit. The answer to crime isn't to make things free for everyone. That is exactly what you are asking for, the unintended consequence of that would be to devalue the game and meaning for acquiring those or any item.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    edited August 2023

This would only limit this kind of scripting.

Put a limit on how many of these quests can be done in a day.

But I am against anti scripting changes that affect legitimate players.

But we do have a group of players that are already cheating in their playstyle.  And the scripting of saws to make bokutos and scripting of splintering weapons are only supporting the cheating group of players anyway.

So UO should take a stand against all scripting and illegal clients by removing PvP.  Since this only affects 2% of the UO player base and is the cause of 90% of daily scripting,  that supports these cheaters.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:

This would only limit this kind of scripting.

But we do have a group of players that are already cheating in their playstyle.  And the scripting of saws to make bokutos and scripting of splintering weapons are only supporting the cheating group of players anyway.

So UO should take a stand against all scripting and illegal clients by removing PvP.  Since this only affects 2% of the UO player base and is the cause of 90% of daily scripting,  that supports these cheaters.

Omg i agree with Pawain 
    @Mariah @Rorschach could we get a quick troll cleanup of you know who? Thanks.

edited August 2023
    Pawain said:

I have a high suspicion that these players botting are EJs. They really should change EJs quest limitations back to what trial account limitations were: you can run each repeatable quest ONCE. If you want to bot at least you're risking $ with an active sub. EJs were a huge mistake, especially with all the things they can do, they're way too powerful (botting really). I'd imagine 100% of the bots in fandancers are EJs cause why risk your main account lol.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Ej would have been great if gms had a round clock schedule. 

I don't think they can limit them enough now to where they can't script something profitable. Gold. Plain resources. Ect. There's always going to be something they can do 23/7 to make gold and xfer it to a paid account. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    It's fruity pebbles.

I am for allowing EJs to get a feeling of playing UO.
    But if they can do this type of quest, it should be limited to one or a few per day.
    username said:
    I have a high suspicion that these players botting are EJs. They really should change EJs quest limitations back to what trial account limitations were: you can run each repeatable quest ONCE. If you want to bot at least you're risking $ with an active sub. EJs were a huge mistake, especially with all the things they can do, they're way too powerful (botting really). I'd imagine 100% of the bots in fandancers are EJs cause why risk your main account lol.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Limit EJ to haven they can taste every part of game