How come that Butterflies have been Given Turn in Points but NOT Masterfully Grafted Saplings ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
I was happy to find out that Butterflies had been given Treasures of Britannia Clean Up Points so as to at least permit to players needing to discard the excess (when no other players was interested in them) at least get something out of the time spent in getting them....

I was expecting the same to hold true for also Masterfully Grafted Saplings but, to my disappointment, instead, they have no Turn in Value for Clean Up Britannia...

Have not checked out the Candles and the Parrots so I am not sure whether these have or not been given Clean Up Points but my question to @Kyronix is "why" leave out from being given Clean Up Points any item newly created which players might have a need to get rid of after having spent time to gather them ?

Would it kindly be possible to rectify this and give Clean Up Points to any and all of these newly created items so that players can at least get something out of them considering that it took time to them to gather them, should they need to discard them, and find no fellow players needing them ?

Thanks.

Comments

• The butterflies and parrots both have clean-up points attached to them because they are technically already items in the game: origami butterfly and the parrots obtained from peerless bosses like Lady M.

The trash points for the Whimsical Butterfly and Eodonian Parrot are the exact same trash points for the origami butterfly and parrot. The candles and hedges don't have trash points because the items already in game (candles from the 20th anniversary event and snowy hedges from the ice dungeon event) don't have trash points attributed to them yet.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    I believe this was answered in another thread.

The butterflies are considered oragami which already have a cleanup amount associated with them and I believe the parrots also do because you get points for the regular parrot drops you would loot from corpses in malas. The candles and the bushes are based on items that have never been given cleanup points (the candles I forget what the original event was but think it was maybe Eodon related? but the bushes are from the Ice ToT which do not have cleanup values).

Just an FYI that almost no new items they introduce ever have cleanup points associated with them and the Devs need to add things to the cleanup table to be given points. That list is in need of updating for sure.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    The butterflies and parrots both have clean-up points attached to them because they are technically already items in the game: origami butterfly and the parrots obtained from peerless bosses like Lady M.

The trash points for the Whimsical Butterfly and Eodonian Parrot are the exact same trash points for the origami butterfly and parrot. The candles and hedges don't have trash points because the items already in game (candles from the 20th anniversary event and snowy hedges from the ice dungeon event) don't have trash points attributed to them yet.
    Well, why isn't it then made a standard policy to assign Clean Up points to any and all newly introduced items into the game ?

I mean, I find it extremely annoying to have to spend time to gather new items over and over without being able to at least get Clean Up points for them when a player has to discard them...

This could easily be avoided, to my opinion, by having a standard Policy to assign Clean Up points to any and all newly items introduced into Ultima Online....
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    They should, once they realize the huge amount of items  flooding the servers, that many like me will not trash since there's no benefit... unless they rather upgrade their servers.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    The butterflies and parrots both have clean-up points attached to them because they are technically already items in the game: origami butterfly and the parrots obtained from peerless bosses like Lady M.

Well, why isn't it then made a standard policy to assign Clean Up points to any and all newly introduced items into the game ?

I mean, I find it extremely annoying to have to spend time to gather new items over and over without being able to at least get Clean Up points for them when a player has to discard them...

This could easily be avoided, to my opinion, by having a standard Policy to assign Clean Up points to any and all newly items introduced into Ultima Online....
    Or you could be like me i collected 3 parrots that's it once again you have made a poor decision you now want fixed
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I would venture a guess that clean-up points aren't attributed right away to new items because it's a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface. Or, perhaps, the devs want us to keep things for awhile or utilize the in-game player vendor system to trade or sell between each other. Who knows, and honestly who cares?

It's not the end of the world to trash a few things and not get any clean-up points. It's also not the end of the world to hang onto things until points are assigned to them.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited April 2022

It's not the end of the world to trash a few things and not get any clean-up points. It's also not the end of the world to hang onto things until points are assigned to them.
    NOOOOO! If I took the trouble to pick something up, I will save it for however long it takes to be assigned turn-in points!! Even if it means holding on to it for 5 years taking up space to give me 10 cleanup points!! Or maybe I'll argue if I held on to it that long they should be worth 10000 points!

:D 

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I would venture a guess that clean-up points aren't attributed right away to new items because it's a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface. Or, perhaps, the devs want us to keep things for awhile or utilize the in-game player vendor system to trade or sell between each other. Who knows, and honestly who cares?

It's not the end of the world to trash a few things and not get any clean-up points.

Well, maybe not the end of the world but still, some players might see it as annoying to spend time gathering items, only to then have to trash them all for nothing.... that is like trashing one's own chunks of a lifetime (that time spent to gather those items...), all for nothing....

At least, if one could get Clean Up Points, that time spent could be seen getting something back...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I believe the developers expect you to gather the items because you want to have them. If you don't want them, don't gather them.
  • Mariah said:
    I believe the developers expect you to gather the items because you want to have them. If you don't want them, don't gather them.
    C'mon Mariah, quit using common sense.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited April 2022
    Mariah said:
    Well, at least to my viewing,that could make sense if the available storage space in Ultima Online was far greater then what players have....

For the record, just in between Butterflies (32), Hedges short and tall (34), Candles (8) and Parrots (9), I counted some 83 "extra" items to be collected not to mention the obvious doubles, triples, quadruples and so forth....

And the new Event segment has only started !! Imagine now with Destard, how many more "colored Artifact armor pieces" players will need to store.... tens, hundreds more...

On top of all of the other ones already gathered and stored from previous Events...

Throw them in the trash because of lack of storage space ?

Sure.... but wouldn't then some players start realizing that they might be throwing away, with those items, all the time that they spent in gathering them all for nothing, if they cannot even get some Clean Up Points in return ?

And might not some among these players, perhaps, just perhaps, start thinking that, rather then wasting their time all for nothing, they might be better go do something else, rather then spend chunks of their lifetime to gather items which they then would have to throw into the trash bin all for nothing, because they are neither given more storage space to store them, nor even any Clean Up Points from discarding them ?

And no, at least to my viewing, to pay for additional accounts just to store "pixels" is not something that I personally might be willing to do..... I'd rather stop playing if I run out of space to store additional, new items released to the game but I would not certainly go spend more on a 25 Years old game.... sorry....

Just something to think about....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Collecting stuff in UO is not compulsory, it's your choice, just as some people in RL collect coins, or teapots or model frogs etc.  
    What happens RL when you collection gets too big for your house? You buy a bigger house, rent storage space, stop collecting or sell some of the collection off - you don't expect someone else to provide storage space for it for free.
    The same thing applies in UO. Get a bigger house (or put garden sheds on your existing one) rent storage space (Vaults or a 2nd account), stop collecting or sell some off.
    It has been said several times that there will NOT be an additional storage increase to accounts. Please stop winding everyone up by constantly asking for it. Learn to take NO for an answer.
  • popps said:
    For the record, just in between Butterflies (32), Hedges short and tall (34), Candles (8) and Parrots (9), I counted some 83 "extra" items to be collected not to mention the obvious doubles, triples, quadruples and so forth....

And the new Event segment has only started !! Imagine now with Destard, how many more "colored Artifact armor pieces" players will need to store.... tens, hundreds more...

On top of all of the other ones already gathered and stored from previous Events...

Throw them in the trash because of lack of storage space ?

Sure.... but wouldn't then some players start realizing that they might be throwing away, with those items, all the time that they spent in gathering them all for nothing, if they cannot even get some Clean Up Points in return ?
    Ok ... "for the record" ... I personally chose only to collect the butterflies and candles.

I only claimed 8 candles - my duplicates? I traded to other players who had duplicates of the hues I needed and who needed the hues I had duplicates of. So no extra claiming of candles there for me. (Ingenuity and community helping each other out, go figure!)

Yes, I claimed a lot more than 32 butterflies - that is how I figured out the trash points for butterflies early on. Because, you know, I had a bag of like ... 25 or 30 duplicate butterflies and I'd already put up on my vendor 3 of each duplicate I'd claimed. I didn't want to flood the vendor market on my shard, so I decided to just trash the duplicates rather than wasting storage space in my house. I did this with the expectation that they would be worth ZERO trash points and was pleasantly surprised when I received clean-up points for them.

So you're assumption that all UO players are greedy and demand something for our time and effort to collect things we choose to collect says so much more about you than the devs not updating the clean-up point table every single time they add something new to the game says about them.

And for the record, what that does say about the devs is that they're busy with actual development stuff and they will update the clean-up points table when they're able to - usually in a large batch.

Also, for the record, the "something" we get for our time collecting things? Are, you know, the things we're collecting. The butterflies, the candles, the hedges, the parrots. Period.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    So far I find candles are worth the time as they are useful lighting decor. I also picked candles and butterli3s only.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    So far I find candles are worth the time as they are useful lighting decor. I also picked candles and butterli3s only.

I collected the candles first because I love their names and they go great at my Tokuno house "The Church" on GL. :) The Candles and Butterflies are just amazing deco items.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie