Horrors of the Dark Dynamic Champion Spawn Masks drops : are they CAPPED ?

I just spent a good 30-40 minutes killing a whole lot of MoBs at the Horrors of the Dark Dynamic Champion Spawn and got not 1 single Mask drop....

This cannot be a bad streak of the RNG.... so I am wondering whether, persingle Spawn, there is a capped number of Masks that would drop and, when all the Masks have dropped for that Spawn, not 1 more Mask will drop until the Spawn was to reset by killing the Boss.

I am asking this, because I heard a rumor that such a CAP might be of 25 Masks....

If this is how it has been Designed, I think that it should get changed....

Why ?

Because I was alone at the Spawn and, apparently, by now, players have lost interest in working this Spawn which it means, that the spawning of the Boss and the killing of it, can become an impossible task or, too much time consuming and not worth the hassle....

There should be no CAP to the Masks that can drop, and if the Boss is up and it is not challenged for sometime, it should vanish and the Spawn reset, IMHO.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited December 2021
    This seems like a repeat of your last post about the last spawn perhaps go back and review the responses you got? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    People could have gotten most of the masks and left. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yup. Players determined there are 25 masks per spawn. Want more? Work the spawn and kill the boss.  Or play a non multiplayer game.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited December 2021
    Pawain said:
    Yup. Players determined there are 25 masks per spawn. Want more? Work the spawn and kill the boss.  Or play a non multiplayer game.
    Why should a ONE player spend countless time to work a spawn without any chance to get a drop and to get a belt of which that player might already have more then enough ?

Time HAS a value, and quite some....

I just WASTED almost 3 quarters of my life time trying to get some Masks which I could not get because some other players got all 25 that the Spawn was Capped to give....

That's really a great Design to end up with players realize how dumb they are to waste their time playing a game that wastes their time , at times like in this case I just experienced, when playing it....

I could have spent that almost 3 quarters of an hour doing something way more productive and entertaining instead of wasting it all for nothing....

The Design should NOT put a player into such scenarios....

What are the options here for a player at this stage of the Champion Spawn Event ?

Either beg fellow players to please come help finish off the spawn and reset it (without any guarantee, especially if it is a low population Shard, that there might be players online or willing to divert whatever they are doing to go spend time to finish off that Spawn and all for nothing...), or spend countless time on his/her own just to finish off the Spawn to reset it, or just send that Champion Spawn to hell and go do something else, hey, why not go play some other game that does not have such issues with its Design...... ?

To my opinion, putting players in such loss-loss situations is not a good Design.

These spawns should be Designed in a way that a player could still get Masks, no CAPs, and if noone is around to fight the Spawn, the Spawn should reset by itself, automatically, and not left there to languish without any player willing to spend their time to finish it off....

That is at least my opinion of it.
    Yes and if i do a champ spawn I deserve all the ps not the evil reds 
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    And that would be a valid comparison if I may ask ?

The Horrors of the Dark Dynamic Champion Spawn is in Trammel where no PvP takes place.

Capping the number of Masks' drops, inevitably, at this point of the Champion Spawn Event where most players have already gotten all they wanted from it, leads players who come late to it, whatever their reasons in real life to come late to it, to face issues like the one I am lamenting.

Their Design, should never put players in between a rock and a hard place where whatever decision they were to make they'd be at a loss.... and where probably the only win decision is one that leads to not play it.....

This is a game, it's purpose is to entertain users, enjoy spending their time in it, not frustrate them because of the way it is Designed.

At least, that is how I see it.
    No easy button. Call out in chat and finish.
    Or you could have done it earlier. I got over 200 masks and 68+ belts in the first week.

Do you think giving masks after the spawn was abandoned is a good idea.
    No free rides.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Be nice in 30 to 40 mins he wasted 3/4 of his life he's dead now...
    Ya I was wondering how Popps was so young. Poor guy.
    edited December 2021
    Pawain said:
    No easy button. Call out in chat and finish.
    Or you could have done it earlier. I got over 200 masks and 68+ belts in the first week.

Do you think giving masks after the spawn was abandoned is a good idea.
    No free rides.
    What free ride are you talking about ???

A player goes to a Spawn, kills MoBs for nearly 3 quarters of an hour and gets NOTHING because, guess what, the Design of that Spawn capped the items' drops at 25 and the players who got there earlier got them all already....

So, the player who got there late, who has not 1 chance to KNOW that all of the items' drops have been given, spends time, countless time to work the spawn (again, WHAT free ride are you talking about when that player is spending time killing MoBs at that spawn ?) YET, ends up wasting his/her time all for nothing because, hey, this is the way that spawn has been Designed, as I understand it....

And this should be considered good Design ?

Please.........
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

The Horrors of the Dark Dynamic Champion Spawn is in Trammel where no PvP takes place.

Capping the number of Masks' drops, inevitably, at this point of the Champion Spawn Event where most players have already gotten all they wanted from it, leads players who come late to it, whatever their reasons in real life to come late to it, to face issues like the one I am lamenting.

Their Design, should never put players in between a rock and a hard place where whatever decision they were to make they'd be at a loss.... and where probably the only win decision is one that leads to not play it.....

This is a game, it's purpose is to entertain users, enjoy spending their time in it, not frustrate them because of the way it is Designed.

Because not everyone gets a trophy? All work is not always rewarding?? After 10 minutes leave or call for help last time I looked on vs there were multiple masks for sale ?? Try again tomorrow?? The bottom line is you have the way you see it and anything outside that little box is unfair..
  • I wouldn't hold my breath for game mechanics changes for these dynamic champ spawns, at least not for this instance.

Having said that, there's an old saying "if you can't beat them, join them".  An example of this is to show up at the server up instance of the champ spawn, when it's reset.  That's usually around 5:15AM local time to the server.
    edited December 2021
    vortex said:
    Be nice in 30 to 40 mins he wasted 3/4 of his life he's dead now...
    Uhu ? 30-40 minutes is a hell of a lot of time.... there's a whole lot of valuable things that can be done in that time frame instead of killing MoBs in a video game all for nothing because, hey, that Spawn already dropped its cap of items drops to someone else.....
    edited December 2021
    I wouldn't hold my breath for game mechanics changes for these dynamic champ spawns, at least not for this instance.

Having said that, there's an old saying "if you can't beat them, join them".  An example of this is to show up at the server up instance of the champ spawn, when it's reset.  That's usually around 5:15AM local time to the server.
    I am not expecting any changes for this run of Events, I mean, it would not be reasonable to expect that.

But for a future one ? By all means.

As it is now, to my opinion, it is not a good Design and I sure hope that it will be changed to prevent such issues to happen in the future.

Not all players can be early birds and do Events "at the proper times"..... different individuals have different constraints from Real Life, the Design of the Game, intended to ALL players, should well keep this into account and also consider the issues of players who can come late to these Events, when most players are no longer interested in them since they got all they wanted from them.

Especially, when we have several Servers who have a low population of players and, thus, even greater difficulties for players to find someone to finish off these Spawns with, and thus reset them....
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Because not everyone gets a trophy? All work is not always rewarding?? After 10 minutes leave or call for help last time I looked on vs there were multiple masks for sale ?? Try again tomorrow?? The bottom line is you have the way you see it and anything outside that little box is unfair..
    Hello ?

For how long have you played Ultima Online ?

Because, if you have played it for some time, by now you should be well aware of its RNG and its "streakiness"....

Work the Spawn for 10 minutes and if no drop comes leave it ?

And what if one is hit by a bad RNG spell ?

I am sorry, but if truly there is a CAP of 25 Masks which can drop throughout an entire Horrors of the Dark dynamic Champion Spawn, that is, to my opinion, bad Design for 2 reasons : 

1) - Because there should be no such thing as a CAP since there can be players coming to the Spawn at a later time and expecting to get drops from their kills ;

2) - Because there is NOT EVEN a warning message telling, to the late player coming to the spawn, that it is pointless to spend his/her time killing the MoBs since all drops from that Spawn have already been awarded..... so, the late comer player has no way to know that their time killing the spawn is being wasted, all for nothing.... ESPECIALLY, when there is noone else working the spawn and, therefore, very little chances to finish off the Spawn and have it reset.
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Hello ?

For how long have you played Ultima Online ?

Because, if you have played it for some time, by now you should be well aware of its RNG and its "streakiness"....

Work the Spawn for 10 minutes and if no drop comes leave it ?

And what if one is hit by a bad RNG spell ?

I am sorry, but if truly there is a CAP of 25 Masks which can drop throughout an entire Horrors of the Dark dynamic Champion Spawn, that is, to my opinion, bad Design for 2 reasons : 

1) - Because there should be no such thing as a CAP since there can be players coming to the Spawn at a later time and expecting to get drops from their kills ;

2) - Because there is NOT EVEN a warning message telling, to the late player coming to the spawn, that it is pointless to spend his/her time killing the MoBs since all drops from that Spawn have already been awarded..... so, the late comer player has no way to know that their time killing the spawn is being wasted, all for nothing.... ESPECIALLY, when there is noone else working the spawn and, therefore, very little chances to finish off the Spawn and have it reset.
    Yes @popps you have reiterated your points multiple times we get what you feel is the issue what I don't understand is why you ignore every viable solution to reiterate your beliefs again what is your expectation from this?
    His expectation is to get drops no matter what the game mechanics are. His time is valuable.  He should just show up to an event and get the best drop no matter who else is there or game mechanics.

There is a cap to drops to prevent the free loading players from doing no work.

And yes 10 minutes was enough to know the drops were gone. This is the 4th one of these spawns . We know how they work.
    McDougle said:
    Yes @ popps you have reiterated your points multiple times we get what you feel is the issue what I don't understand is why you ignore every viable solution to reiterate your beliefs again what is your expectation from this?
    Suggestion 1) - Call in Chat for help to finish off the spawn.
    Tried that, maybe it was a bad time, maybe players where busy doing else, maybe there was hardly anyone online when I needed that help to finish off the spawn... anyways, that suggestion did not work for me, at that given time.

Suggestion 2) - Do the Spawn at server up which it is, at a time when there might be players doing something else in their Real Life.... so, such a suggestion might be of a very limited help to many players who, at a time when the server comes up from maintainance, might be busy doing something else in their real life

Suggestion 3) - Finish off the Spawn on one's own.... well, to other players this might be worth their time but, personally, I have a whole lot of other things to do then spend countless time to finish off this Spawn alone.... it takes almost half an hour to kill the Boss for a party of several people, I can only imagine how many hours it would take for a lone player just to kill off the Boss.... no thanks, I am not even going to think about doing that... not going to waste any of my time on this...

Did I miss out any other suggestion ?
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    Yes @ popps you have reiterated your points multiple times we get what you feel is the issue what I don't understand is why you ignore every viable solution to reiterate your beliefs again what is your expectation from this?
    Suggestion 1) - Call in Chat for help to finish off the spawn.
    Tried that, maybe it was a bad time, maybe players where busy doing else, maybe there was hardly anyone online when I needed that help to finish off the spawn... anyways, that suggestion did not work for me, at that given time.

Suggestion 2) - Do the Spawn at server up which it is, at a time when there might be players doing something else in their Real Life.... so, such a suggestion might be of a very limited help to many players who, at a time when the server comes up from maintainance, might be busy doing something else in their real life

Suggestion 3) - Finish off the Spawn on one's own.... well, to other players this might be worth their time but, personally, I have a whole lot of other things to do then spend countless time to finish off this Spawn alone.... it takes almost half an hour to kill the Boss for a party of several people, I can only imagine how many hours it would take for a lone player just to kill off the Boss.... no thanks, I am not even going to think about doing that... not going to waste any of my time on this...

Did I miss out any other suggestion ?
    So three perfectly good ideas, because they don't work for you are rejected. and you feel that based simply on your own beliefs that a change to the entire system is needed? 
    edited December 2021
    Yes none of those suggestions are easy.

So they are ignored. He wants an easy button. I did a similar spawn. Mine even popped back to level 2 after I started level 3. But I spent the time and finished it, got a belt and 30 minutes later started a new one and got masks.

In the amount of time Popps spent here writing long posts, he could have done the same and got all 25 drops on the next spawn.

Instead he wasted 7/8 of his life posting.
    edited December 2021
    Pawain said:
    Yes none of those suggestions are easy.

So they are ignored. He wants an easy button. I did a similar spawn. Mine even popped back to level 2 after I started level 3. But I spent the time and finished it, got a belt and 30 minutes later started a new one and got masks.

In the amount of time Popps spent here writing long posts, he could have done the same and got all 25 drops on the next spawn.

Instead he wasted 7/8 of his life posting.
     I did a similar spawn. Mine even popped back to level 2 after I started level 3. But I spent the time and finished it

Two questions if I may...

1) - Where you on your own to get that spawn done in order to reset it (I understand that you got an nth Belt from all that work, no Masks...).

2) - How much of your time did that work take, from start to finish, just towards the goal to get the Spawn to reset....

It is NOT a matter of wanting an easy button but, rather, to enjoy a Design that makes sense....

What am I talking about ?

My understanding is, that the "goal" of the Design for these Spawns is to promote "group" teaming up among players. Right ?

But then, if a player HAS TO work an entire Spawn on his/her own, just to have it reset, something here seems to have "short circuited".... ain't it ?

We want the Spawn to be a group thing and then we force players to have to do it all alone in order to just have it reset ?

And this is not wrong Design if I may ask ?

And since my Threads are getting locked quite frequently, I noticed, before it gets locked I would like to add that I think Feedback that is critical of a Design I think it as important.

The Developers do a whole lot of great things, and I love to point them out when I see them, yet, having players that are always yesmen brings nowhere in bettering a game, I think that also criticism is important and if players cannot express their Feedback about the game on these Forums, where then ?
  • Popps,  The Dev's don't answer you

You just argue with other players as if you are god

Just shut up, play the game and the next round you will get more

stop crying every 5 mins

and stop looking for stupid ways to ask stupid questions

everyone is tired of your nonsense 
    edited December 2021
    Well Popps live and learn. You wanted more participation drops. So they rained them down on us. Now no one wants more.

If it were back to the 1 drop per toon per 24 hours, players would still need to do this content to get 32 masks.

You wanted changes you got them. 

I like the new system. If the participation rewards were mysterious cubes, I may want more. 

They made the drops easy so we got them fast and moved to new content.

Maybe find some players like yourself that did not do this content earlier. Do the content and get drops with your new friends.

You know town this works now. Adjust your play to get these items at the next dynamic spawn.

You spent 3/4 of your life learning how the dynamic spawn drops work. Use the knowledge to make that last 1/4 of your life more rewarding.

Learn to pkay. Stop making them Change the rules to fit you, because you complain either way.
    Popps,  The Dev's don't answer you

stop crying every 5 mins

I will just answer with the image here below ....

Just for the record....

General Discussions

Talk about anything and everything UO!

And that is what I "try" to do, perhaps offering a different perspective as what the mainstream might be, nonetheless, still about Ultima Online....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 884
    edited December 2021
    It is not your personal Q&A platform. Everything you bore us to death with can be quickly answered in gen chat 

I guarantee  you only got 1 drop from one champ. Happened to me. The next one I got loads.  When the simplest thing does not go yr way you cry here and then draw out essay after essay instead of actually doing something for yourself 

tou should be embarrassed by the nonsense you come out with. 2647 posts in just a few years is nothing to be proud of 

no one asked you to be the voice of the players nd you are certainly NOT welcome to assume so 

tou want to babble on go to stratics. There is a babble thread there. Fill your boots but just stop with the endless crap that will get locked as per usual 
  • Fpopps said:
    Popps,  The Dev's don't answer you

stop crying every 5 mins

I will just answer with the image here below ....

Just for the record....

General Discussions

Talk about anything and everything UO!

And that is what I "try" to do, perhaps offering a different perspective as what the mainstream might be, nonetheless, still about Ultima Online....
    No it’s 100% about Popps. Obsessively about you.  Not UO. Everyone else can find out for themselves via guild, chat, icq, discord

I presume  you have no link’s like this because everyone is sick of you  so you come here to troll 
    edited December 2021
    It is not your personal Q&A platform. Everything you bore us to death with can be quickly answered in gen chat 
    You know, it is NOT necessary to read Threads or Posts which bear no interest to us...

Yet, not only I find posters who seem to dislike my Posts reading them, but also, sometimes, taking their time to write their comments about them...

I do not get it, if someone does not like my Posts, why don't they just ignore them ?

The good of Q & A Posts on Forums, as compared to General Chat, is that, what they discuss about the game remains, while in General Chat it goes away...

Therefore, players trying to find answers to their questions about Ultima Online and doing searches on these Forums, can find them, if they have been previously discussed.

That cannot be done with General Chat.

Those who are annoyed by these question, can sure "skip" reading them.....
    popps said:
    You know, it is NOT necessary to read Threads or Posts which bear no interest to us...

Yet, not only I find posters who seem to dislike my Posts reading them, but also, sometimes, taking their time to write their comments about them...

I do not get it, if someone does not like my Posts, why don't they just ignore them ?

The good of Q & A Posts on Forums, as compared to General Chat, is that what, they discuss about the game remains, while in General Chat it goes away...

Therefore, players trying to find answers to their questions about Ultima Online and doing searches on these Forums, can find them, if they have been previously discussed.

That cannot be done with General Chat.

Those who are annoyed by these question, can sure "skip" reading them.....
    Your post are not annoying it's your unwillingness to accept any suggestions except for the predetermined one you have and your continued insistence on reiterating your points over and over. 
    @popps ; poster DO answer your questions and tell you how to get what you want in that particular instance.

But you choose to argue with them because the answers require time and in game work.

If you want quick rewards go play cards or a board game on Pogo.  I guess Pogo still exists it was owned by EA at one time.

UO is a game that takes years to do everything.  I have not done everything and have played for 235 Months since Oct 97.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Perhaps a little different take on popps issue… rather than changing the number of drops, make the dynamic spawns not revert.
This discussion has been closed.