Crushing blow info incorrect on wiki, please update

zimazima Posts: 55
edited November 2020 in Bugs
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/special-moves/
I use crushing blow a ton in deceit. With a 100% fire war hammer against spectral armor, I do 40 damage. With crushing blow, I do 80. (str 144, DI 90, tac 120, anat 70, no slayer for spectrals).

I have also noted that with an undead slayer war hammer and cameo equipped, I see no damage increase. With only one, I do get an increase. This leads me to believe the bonus damage is a damage multiplier instead of a damage increase. I get the same results with any other slayer combo. 

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The description of Crushing blow is:
    Drains 10 points of stamina from target on impact when used on weapons with speeds 3.5 or greater.
    It makes no mention of damage?

You are perhaps reading the description of Concussion Blow?
    Applies scaling direct damage between 10-15 based on weapon speed. Ranged weapons mana drain max 50% and return max 40%. Melee weapons mana drain max 80% and return max 70%. Two handed melee weapons mana drain max 80% and returned max 40%.

The damage figure there is based on the unmodified weapon damage, it will not take account of any damage increase from skills or magic item properties.

• Crushing blow does +50% more damage, but they are probably right in that it's a part of the damage modifier instead of a straight boost.

This always irked me on pets, because it doesn't work that way for them. 
  • zimazima Posts: 55
    Correct Mariah, it makes no mention of damage. I know it does the extra damage, and I am certain I am referencing the correct move. (war hammer, whirlwind and crushing blow)
    As additional info, direct damage "usually" appears as a second set of damage numbers on screen. The damage I am seeing is multiplied from my base. The damage I am seeing also greatly exceeds the 15 listed for concussion blow. 
    edited November 2020
    Another point on crushing blow description "Drains 10 points of stamina from target on impact when used on weapons with speeds 3.5 or greater." 
    Several of the weapons that have it are well below 3.5 weapon speed. Since the ONLY effect listed is the stamina drain, then having it on weapons that are faster is pointless. So are they all essentially one special weapons?
    Primary
    (S)Axe-3
    Broad Sword 3.25
    Viking Sword, 3.75
    No-Dachi 3.5

(M)War Mace 3.75
    Shepherd’s Crook 2.75
    Scepter 3.5
    Smith’s Hammer 3.25
    Sledge Hammer 3.25
    Serpentstone Staff 3.5

Secondary
    (S)Ornate Axe 3.75
    (M)War Hammer 3.75
     Tetsubo 2.5
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    When you highlight the icon when you open the book and double click it.  It says "Does a substantial extra amount of damage directly to the target"  

I use it on my War Hammer.  I think I agree that it does the extra damage to non undeads only. I wear an undead tali and use an undead war hammer always.  It is no where near what swords users get on the double axe.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Thank you Pawain. We could definitely use some more explanation. The description you provide implies it does Direct damage. Experience tells me that it provides a damage multiplier.
    @mariah I do not see spectral armor on the Slayer page.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/
    edited November 2020
    I'll need to ask for clarification. On further investigation the previous description was "increases the caster's damage by 50% on successful application" the currently shown description comes from publish 81. @Bleak help!

@Pawain All reference materials I have been able to access give no slayer for spectral armor. I'll try to do some testing to establish whether it is, or is not, affected by undead slayer, or possibly demon slayer.

Thanks, there are some on LS that say demon.  I just use my undead hammer on everything.
    Mariah said:
    I'll need to ask for clarification. On further investigation the previous description was "increases the caster's damage by 50% on successful application" the currently shown description comes from publish 81. @ Bleak help!

Even that description is misleading Mariah. 
    With crushing blow enabled and 100% DI on suit, I see a damage increase. This means the bonus is NOT to Damage increase.

With crushing blow enabled and at 300% damage modifier (double slayer or specific slayer), I see no damage increase. This seems to indicate the bonus is a damage MODIFIER.

With crushing blow enabled, and at LESS than 300% damage modifier, I ALWAYS get a damage increase, further supporting my conclusion that it is a 50% damage modifier bonus. 

Also, as Pawain points out, it seems the description for concussion blow displays in game when we mouse over the crushing blow icon.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2020
    I have seen those descriptions before that says "damage is increased..." etc etc, but they are not referring to the "Damage Increase" or DI in the character template. That is a different formula.

The Dev should stick with the naming that was put in place by their predecessor.
    To avoid confusion, Damage Increase (DI) and Damage Modifier (DM) should be clearly stated in all descriptions.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2020
    I keep track of my character specs, gear and weapon to determine the final damage.

Below is my Excel template.

The DI max is 300%.
    The DM Max is 200%

Note "100%" means 100% more, or 2 times original. And so on.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    This information has now been clarified (thanks @Bleak ). The page will be updated shortly. The information in publish 81 was incorrectly understood and applied at the time of the publish.
    And changing the ingame help context to be accurate as well? Thank you!