Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    This Map produced two greater dragons, two Titans, and one dragon wolf, 57k, and JUNK, back on Sonoma this entire chest would go to the unravor pile.  My Frost Dragon died three times in the running battle and I almost saw grey a few times myself.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Whessles said:
    Bug sort of: 
    @ Kyronix
    Chests do not have an object handle. Dug one against the Southern hill line of Eodon and couldn't see it to open it. Old chests had object handle you could use in these type of situations.  
    I noticed this too - almost couldn't find it to open it under the corpses
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Whessles said:
    Bug sort of: 
    @ Kyronix
    Chests do not have an object handle. Dug one against the Southern hill line of Eodon and couldn't see it to open it. Old chests had object handle you could use in these type of situations.  
    Whessles, which client are you using?  It seems like so far I haven't had any trouble in the Classic Client using Ctrl-Shift to find a chest that is under corpses.
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    Margrette said:
    Whessles said:
    Bug sort of: 
    @ Kyronix
    Whessles, which client are you using?  It seems like so far I haven't had any trouble in the Classic Client using Ctrl-Shift to find a chest that is under corpses.
    I'm in EC Dynamic objects selected under handles

Malas rusty ranger trove (solo) 

took a few tries to decode. 1 timed then a couple fails.

2 dragon wolves 2 devourers 2 min generals couple mins to kill em all.

59k and gems (25ish k) 

18 RNG items
    All junk loot. nothing over major magic item

On the upside found a 3 slot dragon wolf to train. :)

@Kyronix Not to derail this thread, but I'm seeing some different names on some of the S-O-S in my lockers on TC....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited April 2019
    Many of you doing this but please stick to the format given by Kyronix in the first post of this thread.

So far the loot looks pretty bad.

Please post the better loot from the High end chests.  Thanks

If you get loot from a chest please notate:

1. What level and type of map did you complete? What facet were you on?

2. How many members are in your party?  How long did it take you to complete the chest encounter from the time the guardians spawned to the time all the guardians were dead?

3. What was your cartography skill while digging up the chest? Were you using any Cartography modifying items (like a talisman)?  What was the quality (Rusty, Standard, Gold) of the chest you were digging up?

4. What is your impression of the loot that you found in the chest?   Describe stats please.

T hunters wanted better loot.  They got powerscrolls, now lets see if the loot is better.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2019
    Pawain said:

4. What is your impression of the loot that you found in the chest?   Describe stats please.
    I think my spreadsheet gives the information Kyronix requested.  However, I haven't done any of the higher-end maps yet so I can't describe any randomly generated equipment.  I will say that I am concerned about how many chests have nothing but gold and gems in them.  If you look at my spreadsheet (in the section past the totals at the top), everywhere you see a cell with a red background, the red indicates some type of item could have spawned in that particular chest but didn't.  There's a lot of red so far. 
     https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17SHMAEYnwRJ1o6e_16ov9JKue0DnHi1FzHnxOt-bI8g/edit?usp=sharing
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited April 2019
    I saw that.  It seems you find no loot at all as far as armor or weapons?  Others have posted some armor and a deco piece.  I'm just hoping you are doing something wrong and destroying the contents....?  A lot of testing for no "loot".

Has anyone tried a Zippy quest chest yet?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    I saw that.  It seems you find no loot at all as far as armor or weapons?  Others have posted some armor and a deco piece.  I'm just hoping you are doing something wrong and destroying the contents....?  A lot of testing for no "loot".

Has anyone tried a Zippy quest chest yet?
    I have only been digging up Stash and Supply chests.  There should not be any randomly generated equipment or decorative items in those.  The Supply chests have a chance to have some artifacts in them and some of the Supply chests might have a "utility" item in them, but I'm not quite sure what those are other than a shield engraving tool.  There's a grid on the 2nd tab of that sheet that shows what I think is supposed to have a chance to be in each level/profession combination.  The third tab is for trying to figure out which skills go with each profession package, but I haven't gotten enough SoTs or SoAs to even make a dent in figuring that stuff out.  
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2019

Have completed 30 Stash chests in Tokuno (looking for Samurai gear). 5 from each profession. Solo. 100 Real Cartography. 260 Luck.

All maps decoded on first try, all maps dug up fine.

All chests were Gold. (Thanks @Margrette!)

Chests do not have Object Handles in EC, so no way to differentiate Rusty, Standard, Gold.

Loot:

All chests had about 15-35k gold and about 7 to 41 gems, increasing alphabetically by name.

All 5 Mage Stash had 60 of each magery reg.

All 5 Artisan Stash had 6 refinements in a crate (Highest Fortification), and either 50 lumber (bloodwood) or 50 ingots (verite/valorite)

2 Chests had Supply level maps

Nothing else was in any of the 30 chests.

Keeping a spreadsheet. Going to try and run some Supply chests this weekend.

-Arroth
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Not really sure if this can be considered a bug, but in CC at least (I don't use EC but I assume it's the same in the legacy bag) this is the highest you can place any items within the new gem/gold/reagent bags. They go higher if you simply drop an item onto the bag, but you're unable to physically place them any higher within.

• WorsickWorsick Posts: 1
    Completed 10 Trove Chests in Fel (at least 1 of each profession). 

Cartography at 100 without cartography modifying items.

Ended up with 7 rusty, 2 standard, and 1 gold. 

In my opinion, the rusty loot was underwhelming.The highest level loot was major magic item. So you are left with a bunch of items too strong to imbue, but not strong enough for end game content. As a side note, all contained a 105 PS.

The standard and golden chests are hard to judge because of the limited numbers. The 2 standard chests produced 1 major artifact, several greater/major magic items, and a 105 PS a piece. The golden chest produced one major artifact, one lesser artifact, several greater/major magic items and a 115 PS.

If given the choice, I'd prefer the old system. RNG might have been against me with the small sample size, but 70% of the maps weren't worth the time to complete. I would expect a much better return out of 10 Fel ingeniously drawn maps (let alone level 7). On the positive side, I like the profession specific chests, the ability to get crafting resources (although haven't spotted them in the artisan chests yet), and power scrolls for completing maps in Fel. 
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    So if you don't have a high luck suit you are likely to just get rusty chests? Great...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2019
    Worsick said:
    Completed 10 Trove Chests in Fel (at least 1 of each profession). 

Cartography at 100 without cartography modifying items.

Ended up with 7 rusty, 2 standard, and 1 gold. 

In my opinion, the rusty loot was underwhelming.The highest level loot was major magic item. So you are left with a bunch of items too strong to imbue, but not strong enough for end game content. As a side note, all contained a 105 PS.

The standard and golden chests are hard to judge because of the limited numbers. The 2 standard chests produced 1 major artifact, several greater/major magic items, and a 105 PS a piece. The golden chest produced one major artifact, one lesser artifact, several greater/major magic items and a 115 PS.

If given the choice, I'd prefer the old system. RNG might have been against me with the small sample size, but 70% of the maps weren't worth the time to complete. I would expect a much better return out of 10 Fel ingeniously drawn maps (let alone level 7). On the positive side, I like the profession specific chests, the ability to get crafting resources (although haven't spotted them in the artisan chests yet), and power scrolls for completing maps in Fel. 
    "I like the profession specific chests, the ability to get crafting resources (although haven't spotted them in the artisan chests yet)...."

Me too.

I have been trying to focus on Artisan Maps, specifically to judge their ability to provide a steady source to a crafter of Mondain’s Legacy reagents (normal AND special) but so far I was not able to get any....

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited April 2019
    I ran the Pit and then got 10 Zippy maps. I was given 10 Trammel Supply maps, which seems correct (the old ones are Adeptly). Each chest did indeed have the quest item as loot inside the chest. (On a side note, none of the quest dialog nor map text appears to require adjusting. However, the journal text was a bit odd. This was a Ranger Supply map.)

100 Carto, no modifications. 770 luck (if it factors). All Trammel, all special quest Supply maps, all done without any party.

I did not have any failures on decoding any of the maps. The range on digging up the chests seemed fairly large, perhaps larger than it was with 100 Mining. None of the spawn was difficult using just EVs and took only a couple minutes to take out.

3 Warrior, 2 Mage, 2 Artisan, 1 Barbarian, 1 Assassin, 1 Ranger
    0 Rusty Chests, 6 Standard* Chest, 4 Gold* Chests.

None of the chests had any gear. (I like this. Gear at this level would be very poor, good only for unravelling at best. Less clutter makes me a happy camper. If I want equipment, I would target high end maps or wear some luck gear and check the spawn corpses.)

All chests had a gem bag which behaved as others have already reported: alphabetical, with quantity of gem having predictable increments. Gold inside the bags ranged from about 26k to 41k and did not seem related to the level of chest. Gold chests contained both the highest AND the lowest piles of gold. (Assassin gold chest had the lowest, Artisan gold chest had the highest.) Removing just the gold pile from the bag can trigger one monster. Removing the entire bag at once also appears to just roll once on triggering one spawn. Total gold for all 10 maps added up to 331,676gp. Not bad imo for low level chests. More gold if I had looted the spawn, but I did not take the time for that. (Guardians and spawn ranged from gargoyles, hell hounds, dread spiders, fire, air, and earth elementals, orc mages, gazers, liches, and ogre lords.)

A Mage* chest gave me a mana phasing orb with stamina regen and damage increase (not what I would want from a mage chest).

A standard Warrior chest had a Barbarian Cache map.

A gold Ranger chest had a Peacing SoA.

Both Artisan chests were gold and had 100 wood (frostwood and bloodwood respectively).

The other 5 chests had nothing except the gem bag (and the Zippy quest item), one of which was a gold chest so I had higher expectations for it. The completed maps were 100 cleanup points each.

The chests have no handle information in EC, which sometimes makes things difficult. For this map, I was forced to wait until the spawn corpses decayed. After that, I made sure to lure the spawn away before nuking them, but I would still like to see this fixed.

Over all, this took me about an hour or so. Faster if I would have had any proper t-hunting runebooks instead of running to each location. Not a bad haul. Gold and gems are very nice. However, the old Zippy maps would have netted me a nice stash of essences, refinements, and other shiny things, and did not require me to have lockpicking skill. On the other hand, the old Zippy maps also had ZERO chance at a mana phasing orb or SoA, which are the main reasons I run t-maps in the first place. This way, I can multi task treasure hunting, yay!

10% chance for an SoT or Orb seems a bit low, and that is assuming the RNG wasn't just being kind today. I would have to run a bunch more to check the drop rates. Perhaps the Cache and higher levels have higher drop rate, which would be sensible. There were no SoT, artifacts, or deco.

Another observation is that, while there are less ''levels'' of treasure map, each chest has 3 levels. So in the end, I feel like there are 15 levels now. Perhaps these levels always existed invisibly, determining the loot, but it seems more complicated then needed. Specially since I had a gold chest with nothing of note inside. Not a big deal, though.

That said, I do really like being able to target specific types of maps by profession. And I like that the lower level maps have a chance at good loot like the SoA and Orbs, giving me a reason to do them.

Gonna be testing hordes and troves later today.

* I forgot to write down what chest type for the mage chest that gave me the orb. I am almost certain it was standard, but it could have been gold.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

Chests do not have Object Handles in EC, so no way to differentiate Rusty, Standard, Gold.

In order, a rusty chest, a metal chest, a golden chest.

This is a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to say I think it would be nifty if maps did NOT display the profession package unless you used Forensics or Item ID on it. The info would be there, just not displayed, like the Honesty items. Any char could ID it, and the info would stay once ID'd.

"The smell of paper and reagents indicates that this map belonged to a mage".

I know, I know, no one wants MORE skill needed for treasure hunting, but I just thought it would be interesting. Carry on!

:) 
  • Haddy_GHaddy_G Posts: 14
    edited April 2019
    Completed 3 maps this morning. No party. Cart skill at 100, no modifying items. Guardians are easy to kill.  No issues with maps.  Loot seems on the low side.  Maybe add more junk armor for unraveling, but not too much. :)   See videos description for loot start time.

Fel Warrior Cache Map (Standard Chest)

Fel Mage Horde Map (Standard Chest)

Fel Artisan Supply Map (Gold Chest)

https://youtu.be/XCC7S6h6s6g

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Mariah said:

In order, a rusty chest, a metal chest, a golden chest.

Hey, thanks @Mariah!

I haven't seen that Rusty graphic before, so all of my chests have been gold.

jaytin said:
    So if you don't have a high luck suit you are likely to just get rusty chests? Great...
    Acutally, I have done 30 maps with only 260 luck and all have been Gold.

-Arroth
    edited April 2019
    jaytin said:
    Out of the 75 chests I've looted, only 7 were metal. The rest have been gold.  Haven't seen a rusty one yet. (I've had a few more metal ones start to come up but were blocked and therefore never looted.  In total, there have been 25 blocked chests on 75 maps.)   My treasure hunter's suit has 600 luck on it.
  • RhombusRhombus Posts: 20
    edited April 2019
    I live in fel to get level 4 maps out of my rug collection.

100 real carto bard T Hunter with 2180 luck transferred to Test with 23 fel level 4 maps
    these maps produced 5 legendary items (nice as on Atlantic I don't even check the loot on this level) and 9 white scrolls, very happy but where are the trans scrolls?

6 bank level Cache non fel produced a map, no good loot.

4 bank level Horde non fel produced a map , no good loot

Found map generator at Luna so I did 8 Malas Trove maps, they have double the loot but nothing worth keeping, very few artifacts.

Besides level 4 fel maps for the pinks, I occasionally do Malas level 2 and 3 for the Alacrity scrolls since those maps are so easy to get, I hope they are still producing scrolls, perhaps I will check that next.

Ok I did 8 Supply maps and all they had in them was the gold/gem bags and nothing else, will we see Alacrity scrolls in them again?
    @Kyronix

Warning this is long and only pertains to the 2 top end chest levels.

I wonder if you could tell us the decision method for the loot dispersion in the chests. 
    I know you have stated that the aim was to focus on Quality over quantity, but the higher end chests have clearly not followed this model. After doing 40-50 maps of horde and trove level I have not found a single piece that I would consider a keeper. This is odd as I am a bit of a hoarder. On my shard I have a keep full of junk from chests. 
    I understand the idea of making all of the chests useful in some manner, and I like that. Don't get me wrong, I think the framework has some great potential. 
    What I honestly don't understand is what happened on the higher end maps. I shouldn't be killing frost dragons for major magic items, or at least that is not what I am accustomed to. 

I stated this before, but I want to reinforce this some. I wonder if whoever designed the loot table actually knows what is in the higher end chests now in practice. I do a LOT of maps. I spend a good portion of time out scavenging treasure chests on production. I do less 7s than 6s due to sheer availability, but I believe this is a good jumping off point. In a typical level 6 I filter for the following:

Legendary: I hope to find one, sometimes find up to 3.  I would say in production 10-20% of FEL chests have at least one legendary item at 2300 item luck.
    Major artifact: I almost EXPECT there will be at least one. it is fairly rare to not roll at least one legendary or major in the same chest. 
    Next, I search for +20 skil items: I would guess these lie in roughly 10% of Fel chests. maybe half that in the other facets. 
    Next, I search for Poison damage: not uncommon to find one of these in about 1 in 30 chests. 

Next search is for Swing speed items: I specifically search for jewelry with 10%. It isn't uncommon to find these, but is somewhat uncommon to find one that is imbuable, and not cluttered with mage properties. 

Next I search for 20% (chance increase) jewelry: HCI and DCI overcaps are good for base pieces for melee jewelry. Again these are easily found, and pretty useful. the rarer ones that align to melee specifically or can be imbued that way are gold mines. 

Next I search for SDI increase: 18% increase pieces mage good base pieces or pieces to give to starting mages. 

Then there is Damage increase 35%: These pieces again are good bases for meleers and make good gifts to newer player even when not perfectly aligned to the profession. 

Depending on the specific Facet I will also search for reactive Para pieces and Splintering pieces for pvp items. I might add others at times but there is a general theory to my searches. 

All of that is to say when I treasure hunt I am out looking for treasure. I am searching for those things I can not easily make, or things that are simply amazing. The actual loot currently in the treasure hordes and troves are typically aligned to the weighting and values I would expect to see in an adept chest at best in most instances. The rare major or greater artifact aside, the weighting is exceptionally poor even to someone who filters for only a few specific items in the current production chest system. 

I would be happy to run some production chests and give specific examples if needed, but as you have access to the loot tables I honestly don't think what I am saying is really news to anyone on the dev team. My question in another way: are the current high-end production chests too powerful? Have we been living on borrowed time on production?

I have posted plenty of feedback, and I can post more on specifics, but if I were to sum it up concisely It would be this:
    1. Add a LOT more weighting chance to every chest variant in the top 2 tiers. The gold is pretty great, and the abundant gems will be useful for crafting or more gold, but gold is abundant in many other areas. Anyone who can survive through the guardians of this level can "farm" gold elsewhere.
    2. Limit what can be rolled onto pieces based upon their profession type. Plate armor is not warrior armor if it has LRC on it and Leather armor in a mage chest with dex or stamina boosts doesn't make much sense in most templates. If the stated idea is to create profession specific chests to hunt down then the loot has to better reflect this. Just a specific weapon or armor type doesn't cut it if the RNG has smeared a bunch of useless properties for the profession onto it.  
    Margrette said:
    jaytin said:
    Out of the 75 chests I've looted, only 7 were metal. The rest have been gold.  Haven't seen a rusty one yet. (I've had a few more metal ones start to come up but were blocked and therefore never looted.  In total, there have been 25 blocked chests on 75 maps.)   My treasure hunter's suit has 600 luck on it.
    I am running 2300 item luck and I would say for hordes and troves I am about 65% rust 30% standard 5% gold. It was already stated that luck currently isn't considered I believe. This is at 100 unmodded carto. At this point it would be nice to have a couple of stones in the commons that give talis with a few different wieghts of carto. 
    Rhombus said:
    ...where are the trans scrolls?

...I occasionally do Malas level 2 and 3 for the Alacrity scrolls since those maps are so easy to get, I hope they are still producing scrolls, perhaps I will check that next.
    You are supposed to be able to find SoTs on Stash (level 1, formerly Plainly Drawn) maps.  Which skill shows up on the SoT depends on which profession package applied to the map.  I've done 52 Stash maps so far on TC and have only gotten one SoT (0.3 macing from a Barbarian Trammel map).  My treasure hunter has 600 luck on her suit.

SoAs seem to be in very short supply as well.  They are supposed to come from Supply (level 2, formerly Expertly and Adeptly Drawn) maps, and again, which skill shows up depends on which profession package applied to the map.  I've done 23 Supply maps on TC so far and have gotten 5 SoAs:  Lumberjacking (Artisan package), Stealing (Assassin package), Provocation (Ranger package), Healing and Swordsmanship (Warrior package).

Power Scrolls only have a chance to show up on Horde (formerly Ingeniously Drawn) and Trove (formerly Diabolically Drawn) maps done in Fel, except for Artisan package maps.  Which skill shows up depends on which profession package applies to the map.  I have not done any Horde or Trove maps yet.
  • Only Felucca Horde maps were done (old lvl 6 maps now a lvl 4)
    Spawn had Frost Dragons and Wolf Dragons? not reserved for the new lvl 5's?
    Random Chest package ( rusty, normal and gold) with 100 cartography.
    Loot was all the same, not more than 3 attributes to anything in chests no matter the chest package.
    Had one "gem bag" with a gold pile over 60K.

Only Felucca Horde maps were done (old lvl 6 maps now a lvl 4)
    Loot was all the same, not more than 3 attributes to anything in chests no matter the chest package.

Yeah I never remember seeing Frosties on a 6 before. Dragon wolves I think spawn as low as 5 though in malas. I could be wrong on that. but not at all uncommon for 6 in tram/fel/malas. 
    edited April 2019
    Below are some more disappointing stats I've compiled from doing 76 chests on TC (52 stash, 23 supply, 1 cache, with about 1/3 done in Fel).  My treasure hunter has 600 luck on her suit, if it matters for when the chest is raised.  Also note that out of 76 maps, there were 25 chests that were created but could not be raised because something was in the way and so a new chest had to be created.

4 treasure maps received as loot (i.e., from 5.26% of the chests that could have had one).

Out of 47 non-Ranger "Stash" chests, only 24 had any kind of "ingredient" for crafting or casting (51% of the possibles).

Out of 5 "Supply" and "Cache" chests from the Artisan package, only 1 had a recipe (20% of the possibles).

Out of 23 "Supply" chests, only 4 had artifacts (3 surge shields, one runed sash of warding).  That comes out to a 17% chance so far.

See my last post above regarding SoTs and SoAs (1 out of 52 chests for SoTs and 5 out of 23 for SoAs).

Out of 13 "Supply" chests from the Artisan, Assassin, and Ranger packages, only 1 had a utility item (7.7%).  That one utility item was a shield engraving tool from an Artisan map.  Very curious what the other utility items will turn out to be.

As far as the gold in the chests goes, no complaints!  The average so far for the "Stash" chests seems to be about 25K and about 35K for the "Supply" chests. Have only done one "Cache" chest so far and it had about 53K gold in it.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Whessles said:
    Only Felucca Horde maps were done (old lvl 6 maps now a lvl 4)

Yeah I never remember seeing Frosties on a 6 before. Dragon wolves I think spawn as low as 5 though in malas. I could be wrong on that. but not at all uncommon for 6 in tram/fel/malas. 
    My husband spawned a frost dragon on a lvl 6 shortly after they became available.
    He is the only one that I have seen do that
    edited April 2019
    Did 10 Malas Troves. Solo, 2110 Luck (just in case). The guardians took me between 5 and 15 minutes to kill using a half trained Cu Sidhe. One chest had 3 Devourers, 1 Wanderer, 1 Banshee, 2 Minotaur Generals and 1 Minotaur Scout. That one took me a while. A few chests said something was in the way and could not be raised, but they all changed their minds after a few tries. I did not move, and I targeted the same tile.

5 Rusty, 3 Metal, 2 Gold
    2 Warrior, 3 Mage, 2 Artisan, 1 Ranger, 1 Assassin, 1 Barbarian

Results were disappointing. The gold haul totaled 575,684 which was nice, and gems are always useful for imbuing. However, there was not much else. A coffin piece, a couple nice pieces of gear (both cursed, and one with 125 str req), and a gem bag for each chest. I did notice dragon armor has been added, as well as the 3 elven circlets (all medable, which is not true for all of the crafted). A few pieces in each chest would be considered decent on Siege, but I dunno what is considered good for prodo shards. I don't wear much in the way of armor.

Malas maps are the easiest to get, and the easiest to complete. Was that a factor in the loot, or is the RNG just being mean? The image on the left is 10 Supply chests completed in Fel for the Zippy quest. The Malas Trove maps (as they are now) are not worth the time. I will test another facet later on, tho.

This discussion has been closed.