Extreme Packetloss

13»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    edited January 19
    Godiva said:
    Ok the VPN got me thinking. Got me a free one just for testing and lo and behold the connection to Atlantic from Germany is so much better when simulating US/New York.
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

Latency is worse which is to be expected when using a vpn, but the incredible packet loss which makes the game unplayable is gone. Since the routing is now completely different, the culprit must be on one of the servers in between. I will keep this under close watch.
    Exactly, and people blow me off and say its my pc and connection, I know it is a problem on their end with their budget servers. But without being a dick Im trying to explain the problem instead of going crazy and telling them to fix their shit, but either way they do not look into the problem or fix it. Im glad someone else is experiencing and seeing what I am talking about, very interesting the VPN changes the issue huh? Im telling you when they have an event I HAVE to turn on VPN in order to play, but with this new issue, nothing works for me.. I don't even log in anymore, just a waste of time for me, not sure why I still pay per month at this rate.

LOL  What ever the VPN bypassed is the problem not the UO servers.

We are talking about the "SERVER HOST" You know the thing that runs the actual uo shards? Yeah, those.
    I told you its Jeff Bezos.

Did you not look at the end:

UOs servers are not hosted in someone's basement like you think.

AWS Yeah those.

Start here:
    https://aws.amazon.com/
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • There are paid locations that host the games servers, we had them on freeshards but yeah I would almost suspect they were hosted in someones basement and ran completely by a hamster wheel at this point
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,259
    Godiva said:
    Ok the VPN got me thinking. Got me a free one just for testing and lo and behold the connection to Atlantic from Germany is so much better when simulating US/New York.
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

Latency is worse which is to be expected when using a vpn, but the incredible packet loss which makes the game unplayable is gone. Since the routing is now completely different, the culprit must be on one of the servers in between. I will keep this under close watch.
    Exactly, and people blow me off and say its my pc and connection, I know it is a problem on their end with their budget servers. But without being a dick Im trying to explain the problem instead of going crazy and telling them to fix their shit, but either way they do not look into the problem or fix it. Im glad someone else is experiencing and seeing what I am talking about, very interesting the VPN changes the issue huh? Im telling you when they have an event I HAVE to turn on VPN in order to play, but with this new issue, nothing works for me.. I don't even log in anymore, just a waste of time for me, not sure why I still pay per month at this rate.

We are talking about the "SERVER HOST" You know the thing that runs the actual uo shards? Yeah, those.
    LOL  The VPN does not bypass the server host it bypasses hops.  The post you quoted showing the packet loss from Europe proved that.  You CAN NOT bypass servers, the servers are the servers, their addresses do not change.  What you are changing is the route to the servers.  Can the VPN change the location of you house, NO then what makes you think the VPN can change the physical location of the UO Servers.  UO West coast servers are located in Redwood city, the only thing that changes is the way I am routed to those servers when I log in.
    edited January 19
    There are paid locations that host the games servers, we had them on freeshards but yeah I would almost suspect they were hosted in someones basement and ran completely by a hamster wheel at this point
    Then why do you end up at AWS when you trace the route?  Stop making a fool of yourself.
  • Godiva said:
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

LOL  The VPN does not bypass the server host it bypasses hops.  The post you quoted showing the packet loss from Europe proved that.  You CAN NOT bypass servers, the servers are the servers, their addresses do not change.  What you are changing is the route to the servers.  Can the VPN change the location of you house, NO then what makes you think the VPN can change the physical location of the UO Servers.  UO West coast servers are located in Redwood city, the only thing that changes is the way I am routed to those servers when I log in.
    Who said it's changing the physical location of the UO servers? lmfao

• Pawain said:
    There are paid locations that host the games servers, we had them on freeshards but yeah I would almost suspect they were hosted in someones basement and ran completely by a hamster wheel at this point
    Then why do you end up at AWS when you trace the route?  Stop making a fool of yourself.
    Explain instead of bashing like a douche, if you know so much about what you are talking about describe the issue at hand.

• HeavySmokerHeavySmoker Posts: 50
    edited January 19
    Godiva said:
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

And if you're telling me that using a VPN does not fix my lag issues as I stated "when there is an event taking place" (I have to be very specific and careful with my words because they seem the be hard to comprehend) then you are an absolute idiot, I've tested it over 10+ times, with friends and they can verify that I could not move BEFORE, and as soon as I turn it on I can move with absolutely 0 lag.
    Godiva said:
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

YOU  You think the "SERVER HOST" location changes, IT DOES NOT.  What changes is how you get to the "SERVER HOST", you know the UO SERVERS.  The UO SERVERS/SERVER HOSTS for the West Coast are located in Redwood City Ca.  They DO NOT move contrary to what you think.  LMMFAO
    edited January 19
    Godiva said:
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

YOU  You think the "SERVER HOST" location changes, IT DOES NOT.  What changes is how you get to the "SERVER HOST", you know the UO SERVERS.  The UO SERVERS/SERVER HOSTS for the West Coast are located in Redwood City Ca.  They DO NOT move contrary to what you think.  LMMFAO

No you "assume" I think the server host changes locations, that's your fault for assuming. Why would I think the server host moves locations use your brain... There are ROUTES that my connection takes to TALK to the SERVER HOSTS location. I'm aware of what is taking place. Your pea brain just has you assuming things, as you offer ZERO insight to the issue multiple people are having, other than bashing and trash talking.
    Resorting to name calling does not fix the problems YOU have.  It just gets threads locked.  And YOU will still have a crappy connection.
    edited January 19
    Pawain said:
    Resorting to name calling does not fix the problems YOU have.  It just gets threads locked.  And YOU will still have a crappy connection.

Again you can not provide any insight to the issue, you are here only to troll the thread.. Leave the animosity in game. If you have anything of value to add please do so, that way we can find a solution to the problems me and a couple others are having. Thanks.
    Pawain said:

Again you can not provide any insight to the issue, you are here only to troll the thread.. Leave the animosity in game. If you have anything of value to add please do so, that way we can find a solution to the problems me and a couple others are having. Thanks.
    You refuse to see anything that is right in front of your face.  The problem is NOT the UO Server/Server Host as you keep saying it is or when that other player showed you the improvement by using a VPN it improved.  Whatever hops/routes that VPN bypassed was the problem.  If it would have been the UO Server/Host Server then the problem would have remained the same.  You keep thinking is is the Server and it is not or a lot more people would have the same problem.
  • Pawain said:

You refuse to see anything that is right in front of your face.  The problem is NOT the UO Server/Server Host as you keep saying it is or when that other player showed you the improvement by using a VPN it improved.  Whatever hops/routes that VPN bypassed was the problem.  If it would have been the UO Server/Host Server then the problem would have remained the same.  You keep thinking is is the Server and it is not or a lot more people would have the same problem.

If the server is located in a specific area, and my network has to cross the path of the issue, then it IS the location of the servers issue, if the server was in a different location I would not have this issue. THE PATH, THE ROUTE, THE SERVER, THE THIS THE THAT.. it is a problem with the server, why do you think the server keeps crashing every couple of weeks, just for fun? Now what is the fix since I am so stupid, and you are so smart? Im here for a solution, you've said a lot of things but have yet to address a solution. I appreciate any valuable insight you have but to troll and try to get a rise out of someone is just silly and a waste of time.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    Pawain and Lord_Frodo are here only to troll and get this thread locked @Rorschach @Mariah can you get the sugar trolling in check
    edited January 19
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain and Lord_Frodo are here only to troll and get this thread locked @ Rorschach @ Mariah can you get the sugar trolling in check

I attract that a lot, people can't keep their emotions in check when they can't defeat someone in felucca, so they get back at them at any opportunity that they can find. If you make the same thread I bet we would get a much better result and less trolling from people :)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    edited January 19
    @Pawainin in Fel that would be user error!  :D
    edited January 19
    Looks Like the two trolls have arrived @Grimbeard and @Skett ; Both provided nothing to the thread.  At least I showed the OP that UO does not house its servers like it did in the 90s.

If the Amazon servers were bad, would be all not be experiencing a problem?

Well?

If you have a problem with a post, use the Flag button.
    Pawain said:

If the server is located in a specific area, and my network has to cross the path of the issue, then it IS the location of the servers issue, if the server was in a different location I would not have this issue. THE PATH, THE ROUTE, THE SERVER, THE THIS THE THAT.. it is a problem with the server, why do you think the server keeps crashing every couple of weeks, just for fun? Now what is the fix since I am so stupid, and you are so smart? Im here for a solution, you've said a lot of things but have yet to address a solution. I appreciate any valuable insight you have but to troll and try to get a rise out of someone is just silly and a waste of time.
    LMAO  The road outside your house has a problem so your solution is to move your house and not contact the people responsible for the road.  UO IS NOT responsible for the route to their servers.  Contact your provider and see if they can contact the people responsible for the route that you are losing data.
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain and Lord_Frodo are here only to troll and get this thread locked @ Rorschach @ Mariah can you get the sugar trolling in check

I attract that a lot, people can't keep their emotions in check when they can't defeat someone in felucca, so they get back at them at any opportunity that they can find. If you make the same thread I bet we would get a much better result and less trolling from people :)
    I haven't played in Fel for many years and I am NOT on your shard but you go on spouting your BS all you want.
    @Lord_Frodo ; we all know Mesanna runs a wire from her basement where the servers are to each of our houses. It's her wire that is causing his deaths in Fel.
    Pawain said:
    Looks Like the two trolls have arrived @ Grimbeard and @ Skett  Both provided nothing to the thread.  At least I showed the OP that UO does not house its servers like it did in the 90s.

Well?

Expressing your opinion once contributed to the thread the other 23 comments trolling end of story 
    Pawain said:
    @ Lord_Frodo  we all know Mesanna runs a wire from her basement where the servers are to each of our houses. It's her wire that is causing his deaths in Fel.
    LOL
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Looks Like the two trolls have arrived @ Grimbeard and @ Skett  Both provided nothing to the thread.  At least I showed the OP that UO does not house its servers like it did in the 90s.

Well?

Expressing your opinion once contributed to the thread the other 23 comments trolling end of story 
    So you have responded to this thread more than once so by your reasoning you are a TROLL.
    edited January 19
    I did add something truthful about you @Pawain and your either missing @HeavySmoker point or poking him to get a reaction 

it is a server issue and someone from the team needs to check it out. 

If I pay to play an online game and can’t because of the lag do to connection issues with there server that’s there problem to fix not mine. 

I don’t know how to fix it, but at least im not “trolling” @HeavySmoker
    Skett said:
    I did add something truthful about you @ Pawain and your either missing @ HeavySmoker point or poking him to get a reaction 

it is a server issue and someone from the team needs to check it out. 

If I pay to play an online game and can’t because of the lag do to connection issues with there server that’s there problem to fix not mine. 

I don’t know how to fix it, but at least im not “trolling” @ HeavySmoker
    You're a McDougle now..
    Okay 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    A VPN does not bypass "SERVER HOST", so you might talk about those, while having nothing to do with those. Might as well talk about the Pope and his expedition to the moon.
  • Archangel said:
    A VPN does not bypass "SERVER HOST", so you might talk about those, while having nothing to do with those. Might as well talk about the Pope and his expedition to the moon.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GodivaGodiva Posts: 6
    Godiva said:
    This is without VPN atm

and this with

No, the game server ist not the problem afaik, because it is the same irrespective of the route. It must be something inbetween. The end is always the same amazon address or IP. Just do a tracert to atlantic.owo.com with and without a vpn.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    I think it's time to end this, it's just going around in circles.
    As several people have pointed out if the server was at fault the problem would be far more widespread.
    Your isp has proven that there is not a problem with your connection to them.
    The problem, therefore, lies in between. You might, possibly, be able to ask your isp to check your route to the server, somewhere along the line there is a faulty 'hop'.
This discussion has been closed.