Exit Dungeon/Logging Off looses looting rights ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,946
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
Well, I just found out, that if one logs off/Exits the dungeon, that erases/does not award looting rights...

Not funny....

I helped kill a Paragon Balron, unfortunately, after helping fighting it for a good while (slayers, Armor Ignore and all that with a lot of damage done), I died to it... logged off, back in, exited Hythloth, got ressed, went back into the Dungeon and found the Paragon Balron killed by the other player.

When I double clicked the corpse, I got the message that I lacked looting rights... I assume, that was because, when the Paragon Balron died, I was not in the dungeon but outside, getting ressed and ready to go back in...

Yeah, right, after helping doing most of the fight... not funny at all....

@Kyronix , would it be possible to get it fixed and make it so that logging off and exiting Dungeon won't loose one's own looting rights even if the MoB dies while one is not inside the Dungeon ?

Thanks.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    I think it more likely that you were not logged in when it died.  Why did you log off and not just exit the dungeon and get rezed?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    Yes tell us why you logged off? doesn't make sense at all before tagging a Dev that I've never seen once reply to you yet...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I would assume he was on his swinger and didn't want his swampy to die 

Ps gargoyles are unable to enjoy the same damage reduction as all other races..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    This is the exact reason I do not ride a swampy on my sampire. Probably the only one that doesn't....because if you die, your ride dies and you end up on an ethy anyway....so just start off that way. Yeah I know you get DR...the 12% I get from my proxy dragon isn't even noticeable to me.

I agree that it was probably because you logged off. Let your ride die next time. Loot on para's isn't awesome anyway....unless you want a chest you have a .0000000002% chance of getting.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    edited October 2021
    Mariah said:
    I think it more likely that you were not logged in when it died.  Why did you log off and not just exit the dungeon and get rezed?
    Since I cannot afford a Paroxysmous Swamp Dragon (somewhat around 140 millions or so...), I need to prevent my Swamp Dragon to die because, each time that it dies, it cost me quite a significant time to have to res it.... all time, taken away from being able to get drops...

There is times that tamers cannot be seen in Hythloth and even then, it is not unusual that they may not have Veterinary.

Ressing at a Veterinary NPCs as we know, has a downtime, and quite a considerable one too.

Bottom line is, there is not much an alternative but to log off, back in, get ressed, log off, back in and get one's own Swampie back... and hopefully still alive....
    Larisa said:
    This is the exact reason I do not ride a swampy on my sampire. Probably the only one that doesn't....because if you die, your ride dies and you end up on an ethy anyway....so just start off that way. Yeah I know you get DR...the 12% I get from my proxy dragon isn't even noticeable to me.

I agree that it was probably because you logged off. Let your ride die next time. Loot on para's isn't awesome anyway....unless you want a chest you have a .0000000002% chance of getting.
    Loot on para's isn't awesome anyway....

I do not care about the loot, but I do care about the credit towards getting a "Daemonic Forces Artifact drop"....

I assume that, if I get taken my looting rights away because I was logged off/out of the Dungeon, even if I DID significant damage to it, along with my looting rights go whatever points towards a drop I should have gotten from participating to that Paragon kill....
    What Vic said cuz i can't even it once again boils down to you want game change because of choices you made and the dungeon was full of tamers me being one...
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    What Vic said cuz i can't even it once again boils down to you want game change because of choices you made and the dungeon was full of tamers me being one...
    That is not a "change", it would be a "fix", to my viewing...

If a player did the fight, and did sufficient damage to earn looting rights, they DID the fight and EARNED their looting rights, this, regardless whether they then log off, exit the dungeon or whatever else.

Do the work, earn the rewards.

Logging off, exiting the dungeon, changing sub-server should not affect what the player earned, already.
    Simple fix don't log off next problem please 
    So by your thinking I should be able to fight the piper then log off if attacked and still get the PS..
  • popps said:
    McDougle said:

If a player did the fight, and did sufficient damage to earn looting rights, they DID the fight and EARNED their looting rights, this, regardless whether they then log off, exit the dungeon or whatever else.

Logging off, exiting the dungeon, changing sub-server should not affect what the player earned, already.
    Then do a poll on it Popps, be sure to mention that the reason to log off is to save your pet. yeah, it sucks when this happens, but there is no need to go digging around in the code for something that happens so little.  there are better things they can be doing at least that is how i see it . . . 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

No no popps is a man of vision soon i shall be rolling in PS
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    Since I cannot afford a Paroxysmous Swamp Dragon (somewhat around 140 millions or so...), I need to prevent my Swamp Dragon to die because, each time that it dies, it cost me quite a significant time to have to res it.... all time, taken away from being able to get drops...

There is times that tamers cannot be seen in Hythloth and even then, it is not unusual that they may not have Veterinary.

Ressing at a Veterinary NPCs as we know, has a downtime, and quite a considerable one too.

Bottom line is, there is not much an alternative but to log off, back in, get ressed, log off, back in and get one's own Swampie back... and hopefully still alive....
    For your case, I already suggested avoiding fighting the paragons and focus on getting more kills and drops. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    No don't listen i clearly see popps vision now with the new META technology i can simply think about getting drops and have them appear in my pack no need to even log on and my swampy stays alive 

Ps a swampy with damage reduction denied to an entire race..
    McDougle said:
    So by your thinking I should be able to fight the piper then log off if attacked and still get the PS..
    Absolutely, you did the fight, you earned them.

When you log back in, you log back in exactly where you were.

Would you work, in real life, and accept not to get paid for the work which you did ?

You did the work, you earned the related payment.
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    Absolutely, you did the fight, you earned them.

When you log back in, you log back in exactly where you were.

Would you work, in real life, and accept not to get paid for the work which you did ?

You did the work, you earned the related payment.
    Exactly popps 
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Then do a poll on it Popps, be sure to mention that the reason to log off is to save your pet. yeah, it sucks when this happens, but there is no need to go digging around in the code for something that happens so little.  there are better things they can be doing at least that is how i see it . . . 
    It is a simple concept, to my viewing.

If a player does the work, they are entitled to get whatever reward is associated with that work.

And logging off, exiting a dungeon, changing a sub-server should not deprive a player of the whatever reward was to be associated with the work which they did.

Would anyone like to work in real life for no pay ??
  • popps said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

If a player does the work, they are entitled to get whatever reward is associated with that work.

And logging off, exiting a dungeon, changing a sub-server should not deprive a player of the whatever reward was to be associated with the work which they did.

Do you know that for certain, Maybe they put anti cheating code in that does exactly that. I mean you are trading your swampy's life for a drop here. you could choose to let it die and stand there as a ghost and get the credit, but you CHOSE to log off and save your swampy. Contrary to popular opinion, there are plenty of Tamers there to rez your swampy. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

popps said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Popps has hit the nail on the head no more rewarding the lazy reds for my hard work 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    What has paroxymus swamp dragon got to do with it? I don't have one either, but I've seen enough ghost ones in the dungeon to know they die too.

I never log off to save the pet, but I do have it linked to a pet ball so that I can get it out of the dungeon as soon as I'm rezed. I will admit that often I log in a tamer on another account to get it rezed, unless there's a kindly tamer at the entrance who'll do it for me. But if all else fails I also have elixir of rebirth that I can use to rez it, provided I take it home first.

The problem is not that you were outside getting rezed, but that you broke your connection to the action by logging out. As you can not get a drop if you're not in game, the easy answer is, don't leave the game.

I know that one player on Europa has 5 swampies, I see 'swampy1' or 'swampy3' ghosts often. Perhaps that would be an answer? when one dies, just get the next one out of the stable?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    What has paroxymus swamp dragon got to do with it? I don't have one either, but I've seen enough ghost ones in the dungeon to know they die too.

I never log off to save the pet, but I do have it linked to a pet ball so that I can get it out of the dungeon as soon as I'm rezed. I will admit that often I log in a tamer on another account to get it rezed, unless there's a kindly tamer at the entrance who'll do it for me. But if all else fails I also have elixir of rebirth that I can use to rez it, provided I take it home first.

The problem is not that you were outside getting rezed, but that you broke your connection to the action by logging out. As you can not get a drop if you're not in game, the easy answer is, don't leave the game.

I know that one player on Europa has 5 swampies, I see 'swampy1' or 'swampy3' ghosts often. Perhaps that would be an answer? when one dies, just get the next one out of the stable?
    Shame on you for using LOGIC, stop that it is an unfair practice 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Some less helpful posts have been removed.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “This exploit of logging out while dead to prevent a pet death has been reported, should hopefully be resolved soon”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    @Mariah @Petra_Fyde answered @popps question so the OP has an answer and this thread can now be locked.
    Question asked Question answers Thread locked
  • A good sampire dies not need a swampy Just use an ethy and you don’t need to log   Sampires die a lot. It’s just part of it 
  • I would also like to know how many times, if any that the devs have answered these endless questions.?  Popps online thinks they are a personal hotline. Really makes me laugh the “thanks” included at the end as if expecting a reply. Lol 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,090
    edited October 2021
    I do this all the time and go back and get the items the balron stole from me.

@popps must not have done enough damage. Or he tried to loot a different corpse.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited October 2021
    If I went to work and died I wouldn’t expect a paycheck to be sent to me. If I was resurrected and returned to work, I think it would freak everyone out. 

Anyway, my thoughts are:
    Don’t log out if you want looting rights. 

If resurrecting your swamp dragon is a hassle for the dungeon, don’t use one. I don’t and I get plenty of drops. 

If you have a second account then make a character with veterinary skill and park them outside for resurrecting.

The “points” or loot from a a single dead mob, regardless of difficulty, shouldn’t even matter this much if it doesn’t happen often. Ultimately, I think this “issue” is pretty insignificant. Just stay logged in. 
    There is nothing wrong with using sampires and we always carry an ethereal as standby. There are a lot about sampires and I even have a 75 magery suit and 120 necro suit that I carry around 24/7. But the problem is not the sampire or the mount or the game rules. 

You have to accept that when your character dies there will be penalties and if you managed to get rewards for what you did before dying so good for you.

My experience is whenever I die I tend to lose it. Including EM events, the only time I won 3 rares from EM event are when I did not die during the fight. That is me and I am not sure about others. 

One thing for sure, out of the 1000s of players no one come to the forum to complain about this and this is not even a problem that needs to be answered. Accept the fact and move on.
    edited October 2021
    Btw, its just a Paragon Balron, not even a named boss or something that will drop a Insane tinker or cameo, many of us don't even bother to look at the corpses. 

In Shadowguard, we clear 5 rooms and fight 4 bosses. If it happens the whole team die in the final boss, we get nothing, zero, nada - for all the hard work. 
This discussion has been closed.