Single (or double) property over capped intensity

2»

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited May 2021
    Gwen said:
    Merus said:

You’re presuming it can be both finding the sweet spot and killing lots, were I think both is exactly the plan.

The roof takes me about an hour and yields about 125 drops.... but even if that was 1000 drops, the odds of them being what I’m looking for is so low the volume is virtually irrelevant.
    No. You need to count how many magical drops you get per hour. Not artifacts.   
    Even it will be 125 magical - 125 rolls per hour. 
    Compare to how many Tsuki wolves (4-6 rolls per) you can kill in an hour. Or Yomotsu. they spawn quite fast. and kill 3-5 per minute is not a problem. This gives you more than 1 thousand rolls per hour. Really magical , with only few going to "artifact" intensity. 
    Also having more players yield more drops from same mob. 

Luck is important because it gives you more items per mob (up to a item qty cap).  But it also gives you chances to get "improved" item with more properties. Which you dont want. So my opinion is you dont need to have high luck - have none or from 1 or 2 items (100-300).  Just kill more mobs. 
    I understand what you’re saying, the important factor you’re missing is the chance to actually drop the kind of item I’m looking for:

10,000 drops an hour X 0% chance is still zero.  This thread is primarily to discuss which mobs and combination of luck increase the % chance.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    SOSs and T-Maps.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Bilbo said:
    SOSs and T-Maps.
    What level maps with what luck?
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Merus said:
    I understand what you’re saying, the important factor you’re missing is the chance to actually drop the kind of item I’m looking for:

10,000 drops an hour X 0% chance is still zero.  This thread is primarily to discuss which mobs and combination of luck increase the % chance.
    This chance is low. 
    As I understand it after reading all "luck stuff" on wiki and forums. 
    First you roll for how many items you will get in loot. Luck is important
    2 you roll what those items will be. you can get armor, weapon or jewels. 
    Then each of this items rolls "ïntensity" of properties. Here is most interesting stuff. You need 2 rolls (of 5-6) with properties you want. Then both should roll as "overcapped" but both without Cursed or Antique debuff . And then all other rolls should be really "bad" for you and yield 0 of that property.  So possibility to get such an item is quite low. And even when you get one (after killing hundreeds of ettins) it can be a kryss with 40 SSI or some piece of armor with 1 or 2 overcapped resist and 10 Mana , which you will not even notice. 
    Now about luck. My opinion is it should be low. Because you need 3 slots of 5 be empty.   So no Fel- only tram, Malas or Tokuno. 
    And last one: by "% chance." you mean per mob (peerless are best by this criteria) , I mean per hour of gameplay.   As for me- yomotsu and tsuki are really good. they drop lots of overcapped (4-5 Dex +10 stam or 25% LRC) clean armor too. Even good enough to grind Yukio quest slower because of looting. If you think some mob is better  - please share, I will try. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Merus said:
    Bilbo said:
    SOSs and T-Maps.
    What level maps with what luck?
    I do SOSs mainly with 1400 luck and get a variety of different items with higher mods esp jewelry so I would think that T-Maps would be the same.