Day 1 of my Return! Dun dun dun. A semi-comedic journal.

12346»

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    Mariah said:
    Thx! So I can increase my characters max resist in phys to 75 with the max? But it decreases the Defense Chance cap?  I'd just need to make sure my armor can cover the extra 5 points in phys resist.  Am I doing maths correctly?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Correct.
    Day 42 I've been training Galdr's Peacemaking/Musicianship.  I have an EC macro running and can just cycle it between idle timers while I watch shows.  I did check out Origin and the new event.  

Origin's Luna was much prettier than Chesapeake.  I think there's some sensitivity over people asking for decorated cities, but man Chesapeake just looks so plain in comparison.  Such a shame for a shard full of such great people/customers.

I'm really having a great time.  I'm excited for the event.  Scarlett recommended marking some runes deeper in Destard and I did that.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Scarlett "i had no skills so my drop rate was quick"  I asked her about drop rates in Destard.  She was just visiting.

Biggest Bug Encountered: The page turning on the event turn in NPC was jumping pages.  This was on Origin.

Today's Question: Can you bard Paragons?

Today’s Recommendation: At the risk of triggering the community, can we get a decorated Luna on Chesapeake? 

Favorite Moment This Session:  Did a bit of pirate hunting.

Favorite Player Seen: Tejnik came back last night after a big break.

What I Watched While Playing: Angel

Today’s Funny Picture: funny memes - dank memes good luck charlie meme - guy how are you still single me D

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Its time to get ready for the Dynamic Dungeon.  Can make lots of gold from the turn in drops. Or buy things you like.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Its time to get ready for the Dynamic Dungeon.  Can make lots of gold from the turn in drops. Or buy things you like.
    Yea, I was gonna check out Despise after I get my Triton and an orc ship.  Alliance is running Shadowguard regularly and gonna poke around there for the next run they do.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Feigr said:
    Pawain said:
    Yea, I was gonna check out Despise after I get my Triton and an orc ship.  Alliance is running Shadowguard regularly and gonna poke around there for the next run they do.
    The Dynamic Dungeon is Destard... where the Dynamic event just started 
    edited April 2022
    Day 43 Was a busy day! Had a lot of fun.  We found out pretty early about the event going live.  I had some adulting to do so I went away for an hour, but by the time I returned the players on Chesapeake had it all figured out.  I stubbornly tried to play solo, not fully understanding, but a member of -G- insisted the method they were saying in chat was THE method.  And boy were they right.

I spent all day in there.  I got all the decorative artifacts.  I also got the cloak for Feigr and the most expensive title for Slatra.  I put the lore pages in a book as well.  

I really enjoyed the books.  I am stoked ya'll added that colorful stuff to the books.  That was very nice.  

I can't understate how happy I am that you all also added eggs to the options.  For me, it took a lot of tension off the dying in the dungeon just knowing there was another method to rely on in the end.  I do, however, think the things are too expensive.  I'm kind of on the fence on if I agree the expense creates exclusivity and increases worth of items.  I think in reality this puts pressure on people with less time.  I think an alternative, and people will hate me for this, is to add a limit to the amount you can claim of the more expensive items instead of making them expensive.  So for example, my one account could get maybe 3 of the spell books max.  I am speaking for others though and this may not be a problem for people and I'm just speaking out of turn.

The event is very tough. 10:1 for the eggs is time consuming.  If you don't do the method most shards have figured out, the dungeon is too tough for me.  I would not be able to do it with just me or even one other person.  The drops would be way too slow too probably.  I don't think the method the community has come up with is necessarily fun gameplay either.

---

Funniest Thing Seen in Chat: Marge: Everbody scatter - I lost a contact! 

For context, we were on a huge pile of monsters that had been piling up for hours.

Biggest Bug Encountered: The page turning on the event turn in NPC was jumping pages.  This was on Origin.

Today's Question: None today, thank you.

Today’s Recommendation: Remove the screenshake of Earthquake.  Even though there's a solution, I'd still rather see other spell effects.

Favorite Moment This Session:  Image is a bit small so here's a link.  You can enlarge it using the link.  It's my full collection so far.  

https://imgur.com/Ba06kKG

Favorite Player Seen: Deamocles is my hero for telling us how to turn off the EQ screenshake in EC.  For those others that aren't sure... turn the particle filter off in graphics.  This turns off ALL spell effects, but it's still better than watching your screen shake all day.

What I Watched While Playing: Waffles_McGreggor played for a while.  I also watched Gladius, but he got a bit negative today and it wasn't too enjoyable.  Waffles had a great time and pretty much did the same thing we were doing on Chessy, but he's on ATL.

Today’s Funny Picture: Big

edited April 2022
    EDIT: Nope, that didn't work.
    My gaming experience today was a let down.  I enjoyed bantering with my friends online the most.  I spent more time than I'm happy with doing not much of anything in way of progress toward something fun or at least constructive.  Anything more I'd have to say on it would be too unconstructive toward anything and would just be venting.

I look forward to tomorrow.
    I will say that I found a nice feature.  Comcast had a "planned outage" and I was in Destard.  I logged back in hidden in Yew.  Thank you for that.

Betty is fully trained and on a diet of greater dragons.  Paras don't smell as good, or so she says.  She treads carefully around them.
    Day 57: Destard still sucks.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    Feigr said:
    Day 57: Destard still sucks.
    I think it's good to play there in spurts. Otherwise, you'll get frustrated and burned out. :)
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    I'm out... again... I'm paid for 6 months so may be back and left house up, but empty.  I didn't go full nuclear and get rid of everything.  I moved most stuff and will move the rest as I feel like it to the bank.  

I really do enjoy playing with EVERYONE on Chesapeake.  Even people that would be surprised to hear it.  Tara.  

I'll poke around cus I can't stay away though.  

I'm far less hyped about NL.  I feel like they'll figure out a way to make even more money out of it.

The event has me disheartened.  I had fun with the eggs and collecting/trading with players.  That was a blast.  I had fun in the pile and griping about the lag.  It wasn't perfect of course, but it's better than how it is now.  

I can't help but feel like the Devs have created a problem and then also created a real money for sale item in the shop that they think can at least alleviate the problem.  It's still a very poorly implemented event.  The things to collect, my favorite thing, are just too expensive.

I spent all day Saturday killing efreets and no helm either.  I'm not sure why ya'll think low drop rates and instant kill monsters are so fun.  It's just not.  When I say all day, I mean all day.