Forsaken Foes – World Wide Release

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,137
    @Violet
    Re: drops

We all saw the message that the fisherman got something.  Is that a item set specific drop like the armor set etc?

I thought we all had a chance at the normal drops. Such as the new recipes.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    Pawain said:

No, that all goes to the fisherman.  So I think you guys might want to have a talk with the fisherman  :p   That goes for things like the hungry coconut crab too.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,137
    Lol it was still fun. Wow I do not see how that is a solo fisherman encounter.

The fisherman gave me the helmet. Very nice color. I would love the set. 

I recruited her in chat. Yes we went there with no fisherman. She was fishing for 5 min till the Oracle owner gave her bait. In the meantime others were telling her she had to equip the pole and Oracle.

Was a big mess of fun.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited September 2019
    @Kyronix well you don't know how we play. I run shops on Oceania and on Atlantic and on Siege.  It takes 8 rocks to craft one aquarium of each size. When I craft I don't 'make' something as soon as I have one rock etc, I will wait til I can craft half dozen of each type at a minimum, generally even more depending on how long stuff takes to sell.  Point is ancient sos's are not that common so I will store any live rocks as you never know when you want to craft with them and can't rely on having ancient nets when  you need them.   Just to store enough to make 6 sets will be 48 rocks.  This is on top of all the other resources we store.  So while you don't need 'many' even ONE container full is too many when they could stack and it take ONE lockdown as opposed to 125. 

They need to be stackable and I don't know what the issue is with making them so.  ANY item introduced to game like that should be stackable.  I know I won't ever be throwing them away as I craft for the market.  

I have 16,000 granite stored, seems like a lot, but if I decide to build something that can dwindle pretty quick.  Granite stacks so it isn't an issue how much I have.  

I think it is a bit of an excuse saying you don't need many therefore they don't need to stack. 

Also you can stack cloth so how about you make it so we can stack nets?  That is another huge lockdown hogger and they need to stack.   In one outing I now have 22 aquarium nets, which I won't be using until such time as aquarium food is stackable.  Every time something like this is introduced that should be the first thing coded.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Violet said:
    Pawain said:

No, that all goes to the fisherman.  So I think you guys might want to have a talk with the fisherman  :p   That goes for things like the hungry coconut crab too.

All I got was the bone helm nothing else. I do have 20 runebooks all over my pack and I just picked them all up and there is nothing else in my backpack. I didn't hit any monsters and I have no luck if that matters. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    edited September 2019
    >All I got was the bone helm nothing else. I do have 20 runebooks all over my pack and I just picked them all up and there is nothing else in my backpack. I didn't hit any monsters and I have no luck if that matters. 
    .The Virtuous/Villainous Regeneration armor sets are part of the Charybdis loot table.  So from Charybdis you can get one of the many Virtuous/Villainous Regeneration armor set pieces, a new recipe, the bottle with a random ship name, the hungry crab or the mempo of fortune.  Whichever one of those ends up dropping it will go to the fisherman.  I think if the fisherman's inventory is full then it will go to the Charybdis corpse.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    last time i did charybdis was about 5-6 months ago... we went in guild and i got the drop and i wasn t the fisher...if they dont change it anyone who atatck can have it i beleive.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    MissE said:
    @ Kyronix well you don't know how we play. I run shops on Oceania and on Atlantic and on Siege.  It takes 8 rocks to craft one aquarium of each size. When I craft I don't 'make' something as soon as I have one rock etc, I will wait til I can craft half dozen of each type at a minimum, generally even more depending on how long stuff takes to sell.  Point is ancient sos's are not that common so I will store any live rocks as you never know when you want to craft with them and can't rely on having ancient nets when  you need them.   Just to store enough to make 6 sets will be 48 rocks.  This is on top of all the other resources we store.  So while you don't need 'many' even ONE container full is too many when they could stack and it take ONE lockdown as opposed to 125. 

They need to be stackable and I don't know what the issue is with making them so.  ANY item introduced to game like that should be stackable.  I know I won't ever be throwing them away as I craft for the market.  

I have 16,000 granite stored, seems like a lot, but if I decide to build something that can dwindle pretty quick.  Granite stacks so it isn't an issue how much I have.  

I think it is a bit of an excuse saying you don't need many therefore they don't need to stack. 

Also you can stack cloth so how about you make it so we can stack nets?  That is another huge lockdown hogger and they need to stack.   In one outing I now have 22 aquarium nets, which I won't be using until such time as aquarium food is stackable.  Every time something like this is introduced that should be the first thing coded.

I frankly do not understand why, when any given item is Designed, created and implemented for Ultima Online, BY DEFAULT it is not Designed and created as STACKABLE to start with....

Such a precaution would avoid so much storage headaches to us players (which CAN alienate some players from wanting to play Ultima Online...), and annyances for the Developers from players begging to have items in the game made as stackable...

So, PLEASE, is it possible that you make items' stacking in Ultima Online a PRIORITY ?

@Kyronix , @Bleak ?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    Violet said:
    >All I got was the bone helm nothing else. I do have 20 runebooks all over my pack and I just picked them all up and there is nothing else in my backpack. I didn't hit any monsters and I have no luck if that matters. 
    .The Virtuous/Villainous Regeneration armor sets are part of the Charybdis loot table.  So from Charybdis you can get one of the many Virtuous/Villainous Regeneration armor set pieces, a new recipe, the bottle with a random ship name, the hungry crab or the mempo of fortune.  Whichever one of those ends up dropping it will go to the fisherman.  I think if the fisherman's inventory is full then it will go to the Charybdis corpse.
     Whichever one of those ends up dropping it will go to the fisherman. 

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to the UO Developers who finally brought some significant Love to the Fishermen within the Rising Tide 2019 Global Event !!
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Kyronix said:
    @ MissE because the relative number of Live Rock needed for crafting isn't that high.  We aren't talking about thousands of objects needed to be stored for crafting.
    But you know how UO Hoarders are , they’ll hold onto 1000 of everything “ just to be sure”.  :D

Like you know any UO hoarders!
  • Tyrath said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ MissE because the relative number of Live Rock needed for crafting isn't that high.  We aren't talking about thousands of objects needed to be stored for crafting.
    But you know how UO Hoarders are , they’ll hold onto 1000 of everything “ just to be sure”.  :D

Like you know any UO hoarders!
    Naaaaah, never met a single one.  B)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I'm sure this is a great and well tested release. Thank you @Kyronix, ya'll the best  <3
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • LOL welcome back :D
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    He's pushing his luck by signing autographs lol
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.