State of IDOC

12346»

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    I don't do Idocs, so perhaps I should stay out of it, but one thing I did think of, suppose the code that stables all pets at Blackthorn's castle, Tram, could be applied to IDOC houses? When the house hits IDOC all pets within a ? tile radius are auto stabled? Loaded pack horses which can't be stabled removed to an exclusion zone a bit like boats at Sea Market?  Would that help?
  • I still think the best idea is to spawn like 10 harbingers when the house falls
  • Whisperer said:
    I still don't understand why this dev team cannot block ALL illegal 3rd party script programs. Then you can simply revert idocs to original 7hr fall, instant place and everyone has a fair hit at it.
    edited by Mariah
    yeah that's why I always say it's a scripting issue first, a trammel issue (cause you can't kill packies/afk chars there) second.
    Block all unapproved 3rd party programs and be done with it. Could even keep the 5, 10 and 15 hour drop times to save the devs work - they're not thaaaat terrible.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    cytex said:
    Idocs don't need to be removed @ Mesanna @ Kyronix , it's a playstyle I"ll agree. Just remove the house sign notification. There's absolutely no reason to notify anyone of a houses condition via the house sign. The owner and or friends will get notification when they open the door and it says This house is condemned. That way if people want to continue with their playstyle, they can either run around the shard(s) all day and night looking for recently collapsed houses, or they can run up to every house they find (and that will allow it) and try to open the doors. Now it's become a real playstyle and not a cheat fest. My guess is , absolutely zero will be done about this anyway, but I do love the ideas (not really) that people come up with.
    Anybody else wonder why this dude is so adamant about removing house sign which is soo easy to script? LIke with the 5-10-15 rule atleast locals have a chance at it. with no house sign ONLY THE SCRIPTERS will get all! So this dude keeps posting this everywhere, makes me think what his agenda is, but i think any logical person knows what it is. Lets make it easier for scripters, genius idea! CANCEL ALL IDOCS, LET THE SCRIPTERS FINALLY LOSE @ Mesanna, @ Kyronix
    Yep "this dudes" figured me out. He and his 6 posts caught me, I'm the notorious IDOC guy.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • cytex said:
    Idocs don't need to be removed @ Mesanna @ Kyronix , it's a playstyle I"ll agree. Just remove the house sign notification. There's absolutely no reason to notify anyone of a houses condition via the house sign. The owner and or friends will get notification when they open the door and it says This house is condemned. That way if people want to continue with their playstyle, they can either run around the shard(s) all day and night looking for recently collapsed houses, or they can run up to every house they find (and that will allow it) and try to open the doors. Now it's become a real playstyle and not a cheat fest. My guess is , absolutely zero will be done about this anyway, but I do love the ideas (not really) that people come up with.
    Anybody else wonder why this dude is so adamant about removing house sign which is soo easy to script? LIke with the 5-10-15 rule atleast locals have a chance at it. with no house sign ONLY THE SCRIPTERS will get all! So this dude keeps posting this everywhere, makes me think what his agenda is, but i think any logical person knows what it is. Lets make it easier for scripters, genius idea! CANCEL ALL IDOCS, LET THE SCRIPTERS FINALLY LOSE @ Mesanna, @ Kyronix
    Yep "this dudes" figured me out. He and his 6 posts caught me, I'm the notorious IDOC guy.
    Damn, and all this time i thought it was Kelmo . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541

but seriously...

ANYTHING  that helps remove scripters (*cough* https://www.battleye.com/ *cough**) would really be a boon to UO. So many people would return knowing there is _something_ being done about the cheating (IDOC, resources, champs, multi-boxing, etc.) that it would most likely balance the loss of cheater-accounts.

The second thing would be to make "IDOC Events" a thing in Green Acres (discussed earlier in the thread). That at least would be something the GMs/Devs could oversee and watch to prevent nefarious things from happening.
  • Kirthag said:

but seriously...

ANYTHING  that helps remove scripters (*cough* https://www.battleye.com/ *cough**) would really be a boon to UO. So many people would return knowing there is _something_ being done about the cheating (IDOC, resources, champs, multi-boxing, etc.) that it would most likely balance the loss of cheater-accounts.

The second thing would be to make "IDOC Events" a thing in Green Acres (discussed earlier in the thread). That at least would be something the GMs/Devs could oversee and watch to prevent nefarious things from happening.
    FEAR THE POPCORN GIF!!!
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Wait I thought Victim was the IDOC Person!  Now I am thinking it is Victim, Kelmo and Garth.  And I suspect Max might be the ring leader LOL.   When does this thread actually get serious. 

IDOCs are not the problem the scripts that run 23/7 controlling multiple characters over multiple shards scanning every facet of every shard are.  Removing the Status from the house sign would be a minor annoyance for them at best.   Instead of recalling to every house spot once a dayand scanning the house sign, they would simply set the scripts up to recall to every house spot on a non stop loop scanning for loot on the ground.

Breaking scripters is not as easy as most people think.  The two biggest ones used by the garden variety player could be taken out fairly easily.  The private inhouse scripts used by the pro RMT people not so easy.

Banning the scanner bots would be pointless as they run EJ accounts for the monkey work.  A large part of the reason I suggest EJ accts be confined to one shard.

Force them to run the scripts with their paid accts.   Then start perm banning their paid accts for legit TOS violations.  Not just the individual accts either.... the entire master accts.

Destroy their warehouses and delete all of their ill gotten goods. Hurt them financially and make scripting a real $$$ losing proposition for them.

Go after their online stores legally and shut them down.  Easy enough to ID at least one of them as they advertise 23/7 in GC :)

Put some software in place that catches repetitive actions, I am a cyborg when training a skill but even I can't keep doing the same think 23 hours straight.  A script can and there is non invasive developer software designed just to detect that in game behavior.

Make clear what is allowed and what is not allowed.  Get very mixed signals from the one in charge in that area.

The real question is not if scripting can be crippled seriously but whether the one in charge and the team have the stomach to do it.  It would after all hurt people who claim to have developed close relationships with the staff (Whether that is accurate or not who can say) I can say given the history of scripting in UO and the lack of consequences makes their claims plausible.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    This thread has passed beyond usefullness
This discussion has been closed.