Quality of life improvements for UO 2019

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Bilbo said:
    If a player has cancelled their sub as @ Canceled_Sub says he/she has then they should be removed from posting.

That person found out cancelling just means you stop paying.  Since UO is pay in advance, they have time on their account until it really cancels.  So, they will be gone soon if not already.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    edited February 2019
    Power Scroll discussions are off topic as they are not a "Quality of life" item and so contentious that they will soon result in this tread being shut down. So please save it for another thread.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Tim said:
    Power Scroll discussions are off topic as they are not a "Quality of life" item and so contentious that they will soon result in this tread being shut down. So please save it for another thread.
    +1
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited February 2019
    Some of these are covered in High Seas or Cleanup, but are related suggestions for this topic:

1) Please delete all whining posts about getting killed while hunting PS in Fel, talks about game revenue and UO population prediction etc. It makes life so much enjoyable reading uo forum post.

2) Add Door stoppers to keep doors opened at home.

3) Soulstone book. Also helps CC users, as the graphics are really huge.

4) Spellbook Dye Tub. 

5) Show Stats above avatar (like those CC hacks in PVP videos).

It is such an old system only being able to see the life of monsters when we click them. Allow this option to see the HP stats of all mobiles, hover directly above their avatar. 

6) I am not sure but can EC map try to match UOAM's features? Specifically, have a hot button where we can call for help, and the map will show us how to get to our buddies.

7) Show a summary of which recipe a character has consumed.

8) All items should have minimum Cleanup points.

9) Untrain a pet and return back the PS it has consumed... not sure if the latter is a good idea but anyway for discussion. 

10) Curse to Antique or Brittle Converter

11) Antique to Brittle Converter. Works maybe except for Legendary items.

12) Records of what we purchased from the UO store. If there is no guarantee for items we bought, I may not dare to buy more things.

13) Create a new web page for players to submit ideas to database, and allow players to vote up or down, and link them to forum post if required.

Benefit: Dev team can then sieve through faster and find the popular suggestions.

14) Since there are cases of ships disappearing even when they are linked to lighthouse, and the bug cannot be solved....

Suggest to make ships non-decay like a house as long as they are on paid account and linked to a lighthouse.

To avoid overparking in popular places like city docks or beach, kick them out of the area like the sea market after 20 mins of inactivity.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited February 2019
    Remove the 'account bound' restriction for stable slot increase tokens.

I bought one too many on a tamer because the stable slot increase is so damn cryptic and now i feel ripped off because i cant use it, sell it or give it to one of my other accounts.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Remove the 'account bound' restriction for stable slot increase tokens.

I bought one too many on a tamer because the stable slot increase is so damn cryptic and now i feel ripped off because i cant use it, sell it or give it to one of my other accounts.
    can they be transferred to other shards?
    or did you claim it on Siege?
  • Remove the 'account bound' restriction for stable slot increase tokens.

can they be transferred to other shards?
    or did you claim it on Siege?
    It should be but it doesn't matter for me because it's on a secondary account that i have no plans on making another tamer on.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

I would like a little gem on the bottom of the animal lore page that says "Revert pet to original status". I would like that gem to remove all points, scrolls and advancement levels and put the pet back to original new tame state.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Urge and others asking the same question. May I draw your attention to the log of Drachenfels Meet and Greet? https://drachenfels.uoem.net/?p=6261 Use your browser's 'find on this page' feature to scroll down to the question from MONJA

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    MONJA: when do we get pet pigments?
    MONJA: to color them in our own way
    Mesanna: you don’t
    Mesanna: and that is not somethjing we are going to address any time soon
    MONJA: mesanna u look greatwith ur outfit ^^
    Kyronix : The only pets we offer in different hues are via the rare pet hue spawn
    Mesanna: thank you
    MONJA: allright

MONJA: no to remove a bad training on a pet
    MONJA: do you understand what i mean?
    Kyronix : We cannot implement that feature, sorry
    Kyronix : yes
    Kyronix : It’s not something we can do
    MONJA: to reset a pet … i meant
    Kyronix : Yes, I understand. Unfortunately, we can’t do it

Why must you ruin my entire day?

That is why people keep saying to copy your Tamer to TC as many times as needed to get your pet trained the way you want it before doing it for real on your shard.  Problem solved.
  • Rothwynn_EsterosRothwynn_Esteros Posts: 36
    edited February 2019
    I know this is a minor thing, but it would be great if they could change all those items in the crafting menus to be all lowercase as most of the older items already are. It looks a little messy.
    The same goes for NPC and creature names. Again, I know this is a very minor thing, but seeing 'Crimson Drake' instead of 'a crimson drake' makes it look like they're a special creature, which I'm sure can confuse some. But also, the all lowercase names fits the original naming model better, I think.
    Bilbo said:
    MONJA: when do we get pet pigments?
    MONJA: to color them in our own way
    Mesanna: you don’t
    Mesanna: and that is not somethjing we are going to address any time soon
    MONJA: mesanna u look greatwith ur outfit ^^
    Kyronix : The only pets we offer in different hues are via the rare pet hue spawn
    Mesanna: thank you
    MONJA: allright

MONJA: no to remove a bad training on a pet
    MONJA: do you understand what i mean?
    Kyronix : We cannot implement that feature, sorry
    Kyronix : yes
    Kyronix : It’s not something we can do
    MONJA: to reset a pet … i meant
    Kyronix : Yes, I understand. Unfortunately, we can’t do it

Perhaps it cannot be done the way the suggestions was brought up...
    may be it really is a coding issue.
    maybe it is because there is no original record of the stats of the pet to revert or reset to. 

I think we would prefer to keep the same pet because of it's rare color or stats.

To save just the color, why not a simple code to copy the pet's hue, delete old pet, create a new pet, apply the hue to the new pet's coding. Ta da... done! 
    You people do understand that there is a place called TC that you can copy your Tamer with its pets and do all your builds there and you can do it as many times as needed till you get it right.
    Bilbo said:
    You people do understand that there is a place called TC that you can copy your Tamer with its pets and do all your builds there and you can do it as many times as needed till you get it right.

I know it's not going to happen but I would like to educate you on all the scenarios around the thought.

TC only works as a solution in the building process. Yes it would be a nice in case of a disaster.

There is the possibility that people grow tired of a build and want to change out completely without adding or removing from their stable count. It is not hard to max your stables with pets and I for one,grow fond of certain pets no matter what build.

Then we have the blaze cu,dread mare and bane dragon owners. If those owners sell it would be a nice option to revert the pet back to original to be trained to the specs of the new owners.

It would be a nice option is all. Hope this clears any confusion on why I would like to have this option available.

• In the classic client It would be nice if we could put in spaces and numbers when renaming pets

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    I thought you could copy paste to put a space in, or does that not work? 
    It’s not within the spirit of the game to call anything a number but if you must, use Roman numerals. 

(Also i think there’s an issue with issuing spoken commands to pets with spaces in the name)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Please keep this thread on topic. Some troll posts have been removed
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:
    I thought you could copy paste to put a space in, or does that not work? 
    It’s not within the spirit of the game to call anything a number but if you must, use Roman numerals. 

(Also i think there’s an issue with issuing spoken commands to pets with spaces in the name)

I'm not Roman so numbers it shall be but i just have to  do it in the enhanced client

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

High Seas related:
    Allow us to mark rune stones for the Sea Market.
    Allow fishing poles to be dyed using the furniture dye tub.
    Increase the contrast around fishing poles so they are easier to spot in our backpacks.

A Default setting on the house sign for things locked down in that house.

I normally set everything to "Friends" and it is a pain to have to click that gump ever time I secure or lock something down. It would be nice if as owner I could just set what the default.
    Could be risky Tim, if you have a long break from playing. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ikeelu said:
    Remove shard bound property on primers
    Hahaha why!? Because it would be one more thing that is farmed during shard hopping? If anything more needs to be shard bound!

On that topic, perhaps we can have champion spawns instanced. Make an arena like the pit in abyss. Enter said arena with a party or solo and activate the spawn. If you die solo you’re kicked out to start over (risk vs reward) or you can bring buddies to rez. 

The current monopoly over champion spawns due to pay to win pvp keeps the poor hungry and the wealthy fat. These pk’s dont even have to fight the champ they just have to run you off. 

Currently you get what? 6 power scrolls per champ? 12 with justice? I have spent 90% of my time back rolling spawns 3-4 a day. I have still not gotten a 120 tactics or anatomy... I do this on the deadest of shard... I can not imagine how grueling it would be to have to join a large guild (which I did) on Atl and run the weekly spawns (in lost lands for a better shot at not being raided) to try to get 1 PS a time if you’re lucky when actually needing them. 

I run a 6x samurai completely maxxed gear. I don’t need PS to play him, however I just made a tamer and oh my god the amount of scrolls needed is ridiculous! I just have a wonderful PP mare waiting for some anat and tactics but after months of grinding nothing. 

Thank god I can transfer back to Atl and liquidate some other 120s and SoTs and buy from the lucky elite... too bad I have to transfer around to do this in the first place. 

Do you see any opportunities to improve quality of life here? I do. 
    I'll tell you why.  Making them not shard bound gives them value and in turn helps to promotes PvP on less populated shards.  Sandbox PvP (fel champ spawns) has always made UO better than all the rest of the games for me.  OMG the battlegrounds in WoW reminded of a kiddie play date!  LOL

Your whole reply completely contradicts you're belief that having Primers and Power Scrolls shard bound would be a quality of life improvement.
    1.  You thanked god you could transfer back to Atl to liquidate some 120's.  How would you do that if they were shard bound?  Makes no sense to me
    2.  You mentioned the current monopoly over champ spawns.  I know of none that span across all shards.  None.  Only on larger shards do i see PK'ers monopolizing the PS market.  Making primers and scrolls shard bound only helps to strengthen that monopoly.  That might be a QoL improvement for them but not for everyone else.

If you run 3-4 champs a day and haven't gotten a 120 tactics or anat then allow me to fill you in on a little secret.  Scroll Binders. 
    At the rate you say you're doing them you should be getting more than enough 110's and 115's to combine them into larger scrolls.  You're welcome 
    No one should have to "promote" PvP, if it needs promoting, there's something wrong with it to begin with. if itt were simply about Player vs Player excitement, the thrill of fighting a person and not monster AI, then why do you need other incentives to boost yours or anyone elses desire to do it ? This is a lame argument that continues to be used today to justify it, and this is coming from someone who has no self interest in the power scroll market, 99% of the scrolls my characters have used on Siege were gotten by ME , I'm just tired of same old rhetoric about it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Mervyn said:
    I didn't say remove the popup just let us change the default from "owner" to our choice.
    Garht_Gray as much as I may agree with you. Power Scrolls are not Quality of Life and you are off topic.
    Tim said:
    Mervyn said:
    I didn't say remove the popup just let us change the default from "owner" to our choice.
    oh i see, okay

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

A looting agent similar to the organizer agent but instead the loot goes into the main backpack or the loot bag.

Allow the loot bag to be set without having to open it first.

edited February 2019
    TimSt said:

A looting agent similar to the organizer agent but instead the loot goes into the main backpack or the loot bag.

Allow the loot bag to be set without having to open it first.

You can set up a looting agent using the "vacuum" action (actions/Other/Vacuum). Set up an organizer agent with what you want looted and were you want it to go. Set the "vacuum" action on a hot key. When you hit the hot key it will apply the selected agent on all open containers except you backpack.

edit opps  by selected agent I mean the one that shows on any of you containers "chest icon".

I do agree with your second request. Opening first is a pain.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    A bulletin board that changes appearance(showing a pinned note maybe) or color if there is a new post since the last time owner checked it.