Quality of life improvements for UO 2019

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited January 2019
    @Ikeelu I don't think EA would allow that but if you could get them to allow you to pay a $10 a month fee to advance your account age by 1 month that way EA loses no money and we all know EA is all about the money.
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    @Bilbo EA loses no money... im still paying my sub and I’m offering to pay $20 for a vet reward (something I have no chance of obtaining any other way). Where they do lose money is these shard transfer shields. Again keep giving real vets a present every year for free but allow the masses to enjoy these trinkets as well. Would be less of an issue if shard shields weren’t account bound... I could buy one, one way or another. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    You're off topic.
    Paying for vet rewards is not Quality of Life but pay for play. I agree that Vet rewards system is broken and need some change but that would have wide game effect. So start a thread and we can go at it. (I strongly disagree with your position) 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,982Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Three posts diverting the topic have been removed. Please do NOT hijack this thread with more discussion of shard shields. That topic has already been discussed at length.
    QUALITY OF LIFE- make all power scrolls, stat scrolls, tokens, rewards, and EM rewards shard bound. 

esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • QUALITY OF UO LIFE IMPROVEMENTS

1. single-click looting gold in Classic Client
    2. a real moving crate.  packs up everything in your house and can be accessed at a new house.
    3. change vendor daily fees to a sales tax model
    4. add 1 or 2 more 20% bank & storage upgrades.  you keep giving us more stuff.
    5. add a gate travel type spell to Chivalry on Siege Perilous and Mugen.

LESS QUALITY OF LIFE BUT PLEASE FIX

1. custom house foundation art that doesn't go all the way to the sw edge of the house walls.
    2. fix the boots graphic where the left leg boot appears to be cut instead of tucked into boots.
    Mariah said:
    Three posts diverting the topic have been removed. Please do NOT hijack this thread with more discussion of shard shields. That topic has already been discussed at length.
    What she said.

In EC add unsecured to User settings/Options/Object Handle Filter: so when selected it would only bring up the handles of items not locked down or secured in some other fashion. This would make the "did I remember to lock everything down" a lot easer and quicker. I don't use CC so don't know if it would work there.

Also some method of changing the filter by macro/hotkey  or select multiple choices at the same time (lost items & corpse) would be real nice.
    Mariah said:
    Ya, what she said 

Make housing instanced like the bank! 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • TimSt said:
    The shard transfer shield to behave the same as the tree stump, mining cart, bee hive, ship painting, and the scrolls of transcendence painting and show us the number of charges stored in the shield.

This!  

Honestly, kinda poor programming and QA that you can't see how many charges it's holding.
  • A tinkering workstation that utilizes the complete tinker's tool menu. The current one makes 1 item, golums.
    Agree...but don't make another one, just fix the ones already there to do this.  Otherwise, you are really screwing the peeps who took this one.
  • Please. Please. Please. Please.

6. to the house customization tiles set;  for stone walls; PLEASE add two more pieces of short walls.  add one that's double height the current piece and one that's triple height the current piece.

These pieces exist for other wall sets.  shouldn't have been left out of the stone walls set.  Without the different sized short wall pieces you cannot build proper crenelations.  What's a castle without crenelations.  Just another big building.  
  • 7. craftable teleporters from the house customizaton tool.  for use inside one classic non-customizable house.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    A hitching post in Doom would be nice for tamers
    I really like that idea. Would help my tamer out. I tried doing doom recently and was able to do the rooms without too many problems. The Dark Father on the other hand is another story. I know most people say Doom is not suppose to be a solo dungeon but I have heard sampires can take the rooms and the Dark father and his crazy spawn  on with not too much trouble. I try to do it solo because not many want to do Doom. I want to do some so bad. Want to see if I can get some Artifacts drops. <span>:persevere:</span>
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Can I veteran-ise my account by paying in advance for the years by paying the difference + a slight premium for the "time-warp".

E.g. I have one account that is 8 years but would like to make it 14 years old. So I will pay say 6 x 12 = $720 to make my account 14 years old. 

Then, you can also start to add new and better vet rewards from 15 years onwards too.
    ^^
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Let us turn in more than 3 bods at a time before retrieving new ones.

Fix all known bugs.

Allow a pet training wipe, make an in store potion for all I care but please allow pets to be brought back to their base. 

Bring back a power hour, all skills aclarity for an hour.

Bring in spec focus for warrior and bard. I’m saying maybe give a focused warrior an extra base wep damage increase of 100% or more for wep skill, anat, tacs, heal, resist and parry. Not a pvp breaker imo and not a pvm breaker. Bushido honor gives 100% modifier alone... just sayin. Bard should be able to have no cooldown between skill use if 400 pts spent in bard skills. Also can we get some instruments equipped in the paperdoll? Add some stats to them babys. 

Thanks for listening 

esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • New security setting for door that targets a specific player/account.

Only owner and that player/account can open that door.  Player doesn't need to be co-owned or friended to house and other co-owners & friends can't open the door.

Player would still need access to house unless house is public.
  • Ikeelu said:
    Vet rewards be for sale in the store for sovereigns. Just don’t see the point of all that dev time every year for what? 6 people? The gold sellers? The I have 54 21 year accounts just for vet rewards? I mean still give these folks their FREE rewards for playing but let us plebs buy them from you. On my new account i can get a spider mount for free in 2040 or you could charge me 20 bucks for a vet pick. 

Shard bind any consumable item. Use it or lose it, or keep it but where you got it. 

I love this idea <3
  • Remove shard bound property on primers

Remove shard bound property on primers
    Hahaha why!? Because it would be one more thing that is farmed during shard hopping? If anything more needs to be shard bound!

On that topic, perhaps we can have champion spawns instanced. Make an arena like the pit in abyss. Enter said arena with a party or solo and activate the spawn. If you die solo you’re kicked out to start over (risk vs reward) or you can bring buddies to rez. 

The current monopoly over champion spawns due to pay to win pvp keeps the poor hungry and the wealthy fat. These pk’s dont even have to fight the champ they just have to run you off. 

Currently you get what? 6 power scrolls per champ? 12 with justice? I have spent 90% of my time back rolling spawns 3-4 a day. I have still not gotten a 120 tactics or anatomy... I do this on the deadest of shard... I can not imagine how grueling it would be to have to join a large guild (which I did) on Atl and run the weekly spawns (in lost lands for a better shot at not being raided) to try to get 1 PS a time if you’re lucky when actually needing them. 

I run a 6x samurai completely maxxed gear. I don’t need PS to play him, however I just made a tamer and oh my god the amount of scrolls needed is ridiculous! I just have a wonderful PP mare waiting for some anat and tactics but after months of grinding nothing. 

Thank god I can transfer back to Atl and liquidate some other 120s and SoTs and buy from the lucky elite... too bad I have to transfer around to do this in the first place. 

Do you see any opportunities to improve quality of life here? I do. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • Ikeelu said:
    Hahaha why!? Because it would be one more thing that is farmed during shard hopping? If anything more needs to be shard bound!

On that topic, perhaps we can have champion spawns instanced. Make an arena like the pit in abyss. Enter said arena with a party or solo and activate the spawn. If you die solo you’re kicked out to start over (risk vs reward) or you can bring buddies to rez. 

The current monopoly over champion spawns due to pay to win pvp keeps the poor hungry and the wealthy fat. These pk’s dont even have to fight the champ they just have to run you off. 

Currently you get what? 6 power scrolls per champ? 12 with justice? I have spent 90% of my time back rolling spawns 3-4 a day. I have still not gotten a 120 tactics or anatomy... I do this on the deadest of shard... I can not imagine how grueling it would be to have to join a large guild (which I did) on Atl and run the weekly spawns (in lost lands for a better shot at not being raided) to try to get 1 PS a time if you’re lucky when actually needing them. 

I run a 6x samurai completely maxxed gear. I don’t need PS to play him, however I just made a tamer and oh my god the amount of scrolls needed is ridiculous! I just have a wonderful PP mare waiting for some anat and tactics but after months of grinding nothing. 

Thank god I can transfer back to Atl and liquidate some other 120s and SoTs and buy from the lucky elite... too bad I have to transfer around to do this in the first place. 

I'll tell you why.  Making them not shard bound gives them value and in turn helps to promotes PvP on less populated shards.  Sandbox PvP (fel champ spawns) has always made UO better than all the rest of the games for me.  OMG the battlegrounds in WoW reminded of a kiddie play date!  LOL

Your whole reply completely contradicts you're belief that having Primers and Power Scrolls shard bound would be a quality of life improvement.
    1.  You thanked god you could transfer back to Atl to liquidate some 120's.  How would you do that if they were shard bound?  Makes no sense to me
    2.  You mentioned the current monopoly over champ spawns.  I know of none that span across all shards.  None.  Only on larger shards do i see PK'ers monopolizing the PS market.  Making primers and scrolls shard bound only helps to strengthen that monopoly.  That might be a QoL improvement for them but not for everyone else.

If you run 3-4 champs a day and haven't gotten a 120 tactics or anat then allow me to fill you in on a little secret.  Scroll Binders. 
    At the rate you say you're doing them you should be getting more than enough 110's and 115's to combine them into larger scrolls.  You're welcome 

The transfer comment was sarcasm, and as a returning player I had no clue you could combine powerscrolls. 

I think your view of the game is the problem with the game. PvP should be consensual always especally in pay to win. If it’s so important it will thrive. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • JonasJonas Posts: 11
    I mentioned this over on the TC forum but two changes I’d like to see made are having a more convenient way to dye metals the traditional metal hues (currently you have to track down tokuno dyes on vendors, if you’re lucky and there is no way to dye verite or valorite hues) and removing the account bound restriction from deluxe starter kit tokens.  If someone pays for a deluxe starter kit they should have the flexibility to use the tokens as they choose, whether that’s on their own account, given away, traded or sold.  No other item has such a restriction other than soulstones but at least with those you can still buy/sell/trade the initial token.
    Ikeelu said:

I'll tell you why.  Making them not shard bound gives them value and in turn helps to promotes PvP on less populated shards.  Sandbox PvP (fel champ spawns) has always made UO better than all the rest of the games for me.  OMG the battlegrounds in WoW reminded of a kiddie play date!  LOL

Your whole reply completely contradicts you're belief that having Primers and Power Scrolls shard bound would be a quality of life improvement.
    1.  You thanked god you could transfer back to Atl to liquidate some 120's.  How would you do that if they were shard bound?  Makes no sense to me
    2.  You mentioned the current monopoly over champ spawns.  I know of none that span across all shards.  None.  Only on larger shards do i see PK'ers monopolizing the PS market.  Making primers and scrolls shard bound only helps to strengthen that monopoly.  That might be a QoL improvement for them but not for everyone else.

If you run 3-4 champs a day and haven't gotten a 120 tactics or anat then allow me to fill you in on a little secret.  Scroll Binders. 
    At the rate you say you're doing them you should be getting more than enough 110's and 115's to combine them into larger scrolls.  You're welcome 
    There are far larger issues in this game economically than groups of players dominating an economic aspect of it through legal means.  I’d rather the devs focus their time on the individuals egregiously breaking the TOS just so they can make $$$$.
    Jonas said:
    Ikeelu said:

There are far larger issues in this game economically than groups of players dominating an economic aspect of it through legal means.  I’d rather the devs focus their time on the individuals egregiously breaking the TOS just so they can make $$$$.
    How blind do you have to be to not see that this is the economic driver. THIS RULESET DRIVES RMT. If you have to spend hours and hours farming scrolls and getting harassed at some point you listen to that little guy in gen chat and take him up on his offer. I could kiss the cripple though, I got 3 120 anatomy and 2 120 tactics now. Damn I’m dumb, but happy.
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • Jonas said:
    Ikeelu said:

I couldn't agree more.  Mostly dealing do with IDOC scripters and dupers.  But such topics would be better off discussed in another thread (or even an email) as this one is mostly for the simpler things in life.  Thank you for you're input.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    Something actually high seas related: Show the player's reputation score with the fish mongers on the player's loyalty rating gump.
    edited February 2019
    Just sorting Loot bag and thought it would be nice to have some quick easy way to tell an items Imbuing "weigh" and count. May be list it on the top level of the imbuing menu as well as what is shown now after the power was added.

Would make it easer to tell if an item can be tweaked or is just raw relic fragments.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Tim said:
    Just sorting Loot bag and thought it would be nice to have some quick easy way to tell an items Imbuing "weigh" and count. May be list it on the top level of the imbuing menu as well as what is shown now after the power was added.

Would make it easer to tell if an item can be tweaked or is just raw relic fragments.
    This is a good idea.

UO.com should have a function for us to post ideas, and vote up the better ones. So the Dev can see which is the more popular ideas from the community.

@Kyronix
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Ikeelu said:
    Jonas said:
    Ikeelu said:

How blind do you have to be to not see that this is the economic driver. THIS RULESET DRIVES RMT. If you have to spend hours and hours farming scrolls and getting harassed at some point you listen to that little guy in gen chat and take him up on his offer. I could kiss the cripple though, I got 3 120 anatomy and 2 120 tactics now. Damn I’m dumb, but happy.
    Group play/Guilds have pretty much always been part of UO and this is coming from someone who largely plays lonewolf.  

If i go to an idoc on a stealther and get killed by 15 pk's from one group, and get nothing, oh well.  It's part of the game's ruleset and I accept that.  Same goes for a champ spawn I'm trying to solo.

If you don't like it, join a champ spawn guild.  Or farm scrolls on a dead shard and x shard them.  You have options.  

When someone is running 6 EJ accounts with 5 pack mules each and script looting 60% of an idoc Tram castle, Luna house, etc before anyone else can move - you don't have options, other than to fight fire with fire and use the same scripts and other cheating methods they are using.  When someone is using stolen credit cards to buy Ultima store items and then putting them on vendors at 75% of their value, you don't have options to compete other than breaking the law.  When someone is duping rares, you don't have options to compete other than duping yourself.

I'm actually happy that Power Scrolls have value to the point again that people are willing to guild up, check spawns and fight for them.  At least it shows some signs of life to the game that are fairly within the TOS.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    If a player has cancelled their sub as @Canceled_Sub says he/she has then they should be removed from posting.