Going Gumshoe...

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    sigh
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Fen said:
    I am clicking on the first item on the menu and it still says I don't have anything for you...

I also get this very same message when I try on Sonoma
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    not the new type quests, no - do you have any of the old quests? accessed through the character's context menu?

@ Fen yes, talked to the grave digger, read the tombstone, got the inscription off it, detected the crumbled floor, examined it and got the trap door. Now stuck - as is everyone else, trying to figure out an alpha numeric code with an unknown number of digits and no idea what they might be.
    yep same as I on Origin, on Sonoma I cannot get the quest, 
    "I have nothing for you" message when I try to do the quest on Sonoma
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I've confirmed that other quests from the Crier are accessible...just not the top one.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I"m just going to keep sighing until this either starts working, or my wife gets home.

Danburo13 said:
    where is the quest starting point?

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,120Dev
    edited September 2018
    For the shards where Publish 101 was not previously deployed, you will be able to accept the quest after the next maintenance.  Seems the employees of the Town Cryer are having a slow news day.  In the meantime feel encouraged to visit Origin, Baja or Izumo for an early look!  Sorry for the delay, still plenty of time left to loot the Treasures of Khaldun!

Update:  Good news!  The Criers located at the Britain Commons (Britain Bank on Seige) have gotten back to work, and will be offering the quest shortly!  
    So it's "after next maintenance..and then 24 hrs after that" ? got it.

edited September 2018
    sigh

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Oh lord Kyronix don't invite them to Origin!! ;)

KIDDING! The more the merrier! I will be gone most of the evening to my daughters school so I expect this to be solved by the time I get home! :)

• FenFen Posts: 30
    Kyronix said:
    For the shards where Publish 101 was not previously deployed, you will be able to accept the quest after the next maintenance.  Seems the employees of the Town Cryer are having a slow news day.  In the meantime feel encouraged to visit Origin, Baja or Izumo for an early look!  Sorry for the delay, still plenty of time left to loot the Treasures of Khaldun!
    :/  Thanks for letting us know.  Now I just have to avoid spoilers until tomorrow *laughs*
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    There's a damaged gravestone and a hidden trap door in the graveyard of each of the 4 named cities.,

There's a damaged gravestone and a hidden trap door in the graveyard of each of the 4 named cities.,

I'm assuming the quest will lead us to those places once we figure out the clue for the first one and report back to Jasper.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I'm not so sure, I thought maybe the original tombstone was a hint to look in those other cities. Not any further forward having found them all though :(

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    The quest appears to be available on other shards now, but only from Brit commons crier.
    Vilyum
     Xirifvei
    Suxokty
    Nlcesli
    Thomas Vilyum
     Dustin Xirifvei
     Felix Suxokty
    Kenneth Nlesli
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I'm not so sure, I thought maybe the original tombstone was a hint to look in those other cities. Not any further forward having found them all though :(

Yeah I hadn't read the book Jasper gave me at first so just blindly ran around the other cemetaries and found tombstones that highlight but using FE on them didn't do anything

Looking at the last names makes me think they are anagrams....

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    the clue to the code i'm sure is in the text also, one said about an immeseurable char count, another about the first letter to the right, another about shift. I'm no good at cryptic clues.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I"m sure you're getting ahead, I would think the opening quest would be regarding britain gy only...idk though..then I thought Born in vesper, so I ran around looking for anything related to his birth...nada...and didn't continue on that path though.

• good grief, not a code breaker. anyone have any luck yet?

There’s a 6 and a 5 in it somewhere. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • ChurchChurch Posts: 40
    edited September 2018
    Drakelord, there is another thing about getting passed those guards.. if they are not looking at you, I ran right by them. marked a rune and was able to recall in at will. however you can not get passed them on the way out.. have to recall out... but i did buy all the tools needed before i left. 

That wouldn’t have happened if it was in fel. 

• I dunno. did not try fel. I was going to just get to the mining part but was hoping someone would figure out this terrible code. 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,791
    I tried stealth-ing my thief in but no luck.  I also looked around the Sacrifice alter and around Shame thinking those words in the grave digger's dialog meant something.
    I need someone to explain to me why the lock says its an alpha numeric type lock, yet apparently the code doesn't have numbers ? Because either I"m really stupid, or what I just said is correct. I'm sorry but trying to figure this out all day only to find out someone had to use a websight just makes me want to log out....like forever.