New Legacy Bugs

124»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,898
    Garret said:
    Pawain said:
    Lots of players with the issue of getting close to a 60 70 80 90 100  who cant because they can use Skill guy or get the decimal points.  Shoulda left skill gain like it was...  You heading to just entering with GM skills..
    All fine for me u just have to find proper way to skill it up
    Yeah working as intended Pawain 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 43
    edited September 8
    Pawain said:
    Lots of players with the issue of getting close to a 60 70 80 90 100  who cant because they can use Skill guy or get the decimal points.  Shoulda left skill gain like it was...  You heading to just entering with GM skills..

Perhaps they should've left it, or just merged the 2 systems in such a way that it all works together. First, they have a system for whole numbers only. Second, introduce something that was already on prodo, which is like a trickle effect of skill points. Third, the 2 systems are not merging all that well as Pawain pointed out. I've also seen people complain about it on General Chat. Shouldn't both systems work and merge well together? Give the Skill Trainer gump a way to increase by decimal points.

Edit: I guess the question should be, how do the devs want the skill system to work in the end for release. Both systems? Or just the trickle effect?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,641
    edited September 8
    Garret said:
    Pawain said:
    Did you start a new character this weekend?  Because this is a new change to the skill mechanics that began this cycle. 

And what would be the proper way?  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 338
    My crafter is now stuck at 75 BS/Mining (with 75 cap) and 68 Carp, 65 LJ & 65 swords (all at 75 cap) and I can no longer do any quests, either by the Job Board or any NPC Guildmaster.  I had been stuck at 65 capped Carp/LJ/Swords so picked up BS & Mining and was able to get them to 75 which also moved the cap for the 3 other skills to 75; but there are no quests that I can pick for anything.  The BS guildmaster wants me to get all of my skills to 75 not just BS& Mining.  Any help is appreciated.
    edited September 8
    @Community Manager  The talismans will not go into the repair box.  They can be repaired by a Smith.

Cloaks, Mantles and Cinctures will not go in tailor crate.
    Pawain said:
    Garret said:
    Pawain said:
    Did you start a new character this weekend?  Because this is a new change to the skill mechanics that began this cycle. 

Yes, I wouldn't mind knowing what the proper way is. My Eval Intelligence is stuck at 89.6 and I have been casting spell after spell. Doing job board quests after job board quests and it hasn't moved. I asked on General Chat what is an easier way to raise it. Someone responded that it took him 2 days to go from 89.7 to 90. Wait... what?? 2 days before being able to progress as a mage?

I would love to know what's the proper way to raise Eval Intelligence please. I was thinking that the devs wanted to slow people down with getting GM in skills, but that long just for a few decimal points?
  • GarretGarret Posts: 151
    Necronom said:
    Pawain said:
    Garret said:
    Pawain said:

Yes, I wouldn't mind knowing what the proper way is. My Eval Intelligence is stuck at 89.6 and I have been casting spell after spell. Doing job board quests after job board quests and it hasn't moved. I asked on General Chat what is an easier way to raise it. Someone responded that it took him 2 days to go from 89.7 to 90. Wait... what?? 2 days before being able to progress as a mage?

I would love to know what's the proper way to raise Eval Intelligence please. I was thinking that the devs wanted to slow people down with getting GM in skills, but that long just for a few decimal points?
    U have to kill low HP creatures with bare hands and spam eval int skill before it dead but looks like eval gain from just magery spells now.
  • One of my guildies found a bug with the Metal Dye Tub. It can't be used on new NL armor type pieces that don't exist on Prodo, like Chainmail Arms, Chainmail Gloves, or Ringmail Helm. etc.

Ossein Rams are affected by Bleed, despite being Undead. Most undead (including the player in Wraith Form or Lich Form) are immune to Bleed. Most mid-higher undead are also immune to lower level Poisons, which the Ossein Ram is not.

Whirlwind doesn't seem to be applying Slayer bonus to the main target hit. I'm using a Dragonbone Reaper halberd that deals 100-110 damage a hit to Dragons, but when using Whirlwind, it hits my main target for only 30s damage, while hitting the others for 100-110.

My crafter accepted a Town Board quest to fill 3 Tailoring BODs, at the same time as i have the progression quest to fill 25 Tailoring BODs, and whenever i turn in a Tailoring BOD it's only counting towards the 25 quest. It used to count for both last week for my Smithing quests.

edited September 9
    Garret said:
    Necronom said:
    <snip snip>

U have to kill low HP creatures with bare hands and spam eval int skill before it dead but looks like eval gain from just magery spells now.

I vaguely remember you explaining it to someone last week perhaps about wrestling cows and sheep and such on General Chat. I did not see the spamming Eval Intelligence part of it though. So, I just tried it out on 2 Polar bears (yes not low HP but tried) and I was able to get the last 0.4 pts after that. Yes, it still works, and thanks Garret. I did throw in a few Fireballs and Magic Arrows.
    Necronom said:
    Garret said:
    Necronom said:
    <snip snip>

I vaguely remember you explaining it to someone last week perhaps about wrestling cows and sheep and such on General Chat. I did not see the spamming Eval Intelligence part of it though. So, I just tried it out on 2 Polar bears (yes not low HP but tried) and I was able to get the last 0.4 pts after that. Yes, it still works, and thanks Garret. I did throw in a few Fireballs and Magic Arrows.
    My recomendation is more low creatures like cats/dogs/birds/sheeps/goats if u kill them fast enough eval int will rise faster then meditation.
  • Pawain said:
    @ "Community Manager"  The talismans will not go into the repair box.  They can be repaired by a Smith.

Cloaks, Mantles and Cinctures will not go in tailor crate.

Thank you for letting us know!
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

@PlayerSkillFTW I could not double dip on the BODs a couple of weeks ago.  I doubt it is intended.
  • Thank you to everyone again this past weekend for all your reports and feedback! We sincerely appreciate it!

• RAVERRAVER Posts: 4
    My character is a mage, and I'm currently on a quest to get all related parameters to 90. I'm having trouble with the following situation.

All other mage-related parameters are at 90, but Evaluating Intelligence is stuck at 89.7. I've used many spells to try to increase this 0.3 point, but it's all in vain. I also tried to spend 0.5 points to increase it by 0.3, but it was impossible.

That's all for my report of what appears to be a bug.
  • RAVER said:
    My character is a mage, and I'm currently on a quest to get all related parameters to 90. I'm having trouble with the following situation.

All other mage-related parameters are at 90, but Evaluating Intelligence is stuck at 89.7. I've used many spells to try to increase this 0.3 point, but it's all in vain. I also tried to spend 0.5 points to increase it by 0.3, but it was impossible.

It can still be raised.. Check some of the previous posts to see if you find what you have a problem with... but to make it easier for you here it is:
    Necronom said:
    Garret said:
    <snip snip>

Garret said:
    <snip snip>
    My recomendation is more low creatures like cats/dogs/birds/sheeps/goats if u kill them fast enough eval int will rise faster then meditation.

• RAVERRAVER Posts: 4
    Necronom said:
    RAVER said:

It can still be raised.. Check some of the previous posts to see if you find what you have a problem with... but to make it easier for you here it is:
    Necronom said:
    Garret said:
    <snip snip>

Garret said:
    <snip snip>

The same thing happened with wrestling, but I was able to fill the remaining 0.3 by punching weak creatures. So I also used Fireball on weak creatures with "EI", but gave up after about an hour of trying.

Thank you for your answer.
    My crafter is still stuck and cannot pick up any quests or use the job boards to get quests to raise her skills.  She started as a carpenter and when she hit 65 in Swords/LJ/Carp, she no longer got any quests from the guildmasters and the job boards would not giver her any either. I then added blacksmithing and she was able to progress to 75 BS/Mining and her LJ/Carp/Swords cap moved to 75 but I'm still not able to get any quests from the Guild nor get any quests from the job boards.  I tried all 3 towns.  I'll be in Game this morning until noon EST and later this afternoon. 
    edited September 13
    Hey all...
    Well, the current dev diary changes may help I suppose, but what about the people that are already bugged for their crafting skills? They are still stuck. I'm assuming that whatever was changed for crafting quests pertains to people that haven't started on it? It doesn't seem as if it's helping the current bugged players.

Perhaps something could be added to the menu context for the NPC Crafting GM that could help? "Quest" "Reset Quest" "Check Quest"... just something to help current players to get unstuck. However I suppose it's not possible to see which quest someone should be on in a quest chain... ie. it's not saved anywhere with the character information?

Edit: When I say saved with the character information, I'm not really talking about the quest log. The quest log could be bugged, for example, my character Clancy.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,898
    Necronom said:
    Hey all...
    Well, the current dev diary changes may help I suppose, but what about the people that are already bugged for their crafting skills? They are still stuck. I'm assuming that whatever was changed for crafting quests pertains to people that haven't started on it? It doesn't seem as if it's helping the current bugged players.

Perhaps something could be added to the menu context for the NPC Crafting GM that could help? "Quest" "Reset Quest" "Check Quest"... just something to help current players to get unstuck. However I suppose it's not possible to see which quest someone should be on in a quest chain... ie. it's not saved anywhere with the character information?

Edit: When I say saved with the character information, I'm not really talking about the quest log. The quest log could be bugged, for example, my character Clancy.
    The expectation is you start a new one 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Necronom said:
    Hey all...

The expectation is you start a new one 

So someone that may have 1 or 2 GM'd crafting should start a new one when stuck on the 3rd one? Right...

Another thing. The orc champion spawn to finish the entire quest line for a certain skill. Even if you've been at the spawn since the beginning with the Corpsers and rats, if you don't do enough damage on the champion, you don't get the credit? Why?
    Hello dear developers, this will be a mixed post with feedback and a bug report.
    As always, I really hope you read, thank you!

Tresure Hunting:

1. Mysterious fragments is still in loot table.
    Not sure if it bug but we have no shrines to activate them.

2. Treasures were generated in the Ocllo location.
    Is the location unreachable or will we still have the opportunity to return to this island?

3.Treasures are generated in deforested locations for building houses.
    It is very difficult to find a point due to the lack of any connection and the possibility of accidentally killing local residents.

4.The amount of jewelry stones and gold depends only on the quality of the chest and not on its level? at least the difference from level to level is minimal.

5.The ability to tame the cold drake and the dragon wolf guards, I’m not sure that the ability to tame them in NL was meant.

1. The octopus necklace has no properties, can you remove it from the loot list or add random properties to it like for jewelry?

2.Let's add the coordinates of the treasure point when opening a new map, I understand that this is an old mechanic, but the point on the map is poorly indicated and it will make sense for us to use the sextant to determine the exact location of the character without having to poke the ground 500 times with a shovel?

3.Let's remove the guards that appear when transferring loot, in the classic client it is pure hell to transfer more than 50 items and at the same time fight with the great dragon and check the loot from the chest, again, I understand that this is an old mechanic, but in the realities of NL I’m not sure that this is necessary .

4.I believe that loot chests after level 3 have a chance for Invul and vanq items, if so then thank you for this opportunity if this is not a bug of course!

P.S. I'm sure that this is not all, since it will be necessary to re-check all the lists of loot from new treasures.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna @Parallax
  • PincoPinco Posts: 23
    Found another bug, if in your crafting gump you use the button to auto-mark items as quest items it just says that there are no items matching the criteria every time an item is crafted even if the item IS for a quest. I think this button still tries to use the normal quest item mark instead of the NL one...
  • PringPring Posts: 10
    Finally was able to finish the assassin quest line but now have 2 problems.
    1. the disguise kit is still stuck in my bag and cannot be  moved, plus it weighs like 200stones

2. the shadow robe i got as the final reward poofed into a monks robe and no longer has a special name nor the special hue.
  • KelKel Posts: 36
    edited September 14

2.Let's add the coordinates of the treasure point when opening a new map, I understand that this is an old mechanic, but the point on the map is poorly indicated and it will make sense for us to use the sextant to determine the exact location of the character without having to poke the ground 500 times with a shovel?

3.Let's remove the guards that appear when transferring loot, in the classic client it is pure hell to transfer more than 50 items and at the same time fight with the great dragon and check the loot from the chest, again, I understand that this is an old mechanic, but in the realities of NL I’m not sure that this is necessary .

Having never done TMaps before and coming to them fresh, for NL at least, I think these two are a must. The QOL that this would provide meshes really well with the rest of NL.

Secondly, bugs.

• Looks like boss looting, or looting in general (unsure), still has that small chance of not giving you loot rights, even if you participated the entire fight.
    • Pet party bug might still be broken in some ways. I was in a party, stabled pet, and went to Manticore. Upon the Manticore fight starting my stabled pet was pulled into the fight.
    • Old pet lures seem to note themselves as 0 charges now. This seems like a bug. If they're usable, shouldn't they say 1 charge?
    • Vanq/Invul seem to drop way too often off of bosses now. After this weekend they might not be very rare anymore.
    edited September 14

I found this magic wand in ordinary chests from dungeons.

1. After many attempts I found only ruin quality
    2. Without the spell channeling property, I don’t understand how mages can use it?
    3. For some reason, the magic wand and all loot from chests in dungeons do not obey the rules for generating regular loot and come with random durability.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Parallax
    I replaced my broken crafter (mentioned above) with a new character.  Made the new Crafter: did Blacksmithing and didn't run into any problems getting to GM BS/Mining/Swords. Added Carpentry and LJ and other than needing to read better (RTFM) gm'd them both in a few hours. I now have 220 points left and I could do Tailoring next (already have GM Alchemy on my Warrior, and GM Inscription on my Mage/Bard) so is it possible to add Healing & Anatomy instead of Tailoring to help with the swords? Or is it possible to replace Swords with Magery?

• Thank you all again for all of your bug reports and feedback!