New Legacy Bugs

Please report all the bugs you find in New Legacy to this thread and I will be sure to look them over!
Thank you kindly!
Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 332
    My mage has an issue where he can't complete the Mage Story Arc.  He was sent to kill the Orc Champ, did so and got the quest to talk to the ship captain.  When I went through the gate to talk to the captain, there was an "invisible" wall that blocked me from getting next to the captain to complete the quest.  I teleported next to him, but he wouldn't talk to me, I clicked him and he just turned to face me.  I've killed the champ 3 times now but still cannot complete the quest arc.

My warrior completed his story arc and so I went to add alchemy to him.  I was sent to Moonglow and talked to the Alchemist GM, who then sent me to another one.  He gave me a quest to get a BOD, but I never got the 30 skill points from the 1st GM so I''m not able to get a bod to complete the quests.

My Ranger became a tamer and after taming the 1st four quest animals, she sent me to tame a llama, but I got the message that my skill was not up to the challenge (it was still at 30).  When I logged in last Sunday, my skill jumped up to 50 and I was able to tame the llama and continue to progress, so this bug was resolved.

I've played all 4 weekends and have been enjoying the game so far.  I won't be in town this weekend, but if the beta is still active next weekend, I intend to try the alternate path when I create my 2nd character on my 2nd account.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,413
    @Community Manager @Mariah @Rorschach Sticky this thread so it remains on top.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 321
    edited August 22
    1. When stabling pets while in a party at any stable, or when summons die to monsters when in a party under certain circumstances (it hapenned to me at the orc spawn), animal slots do not decrease like they should, quitting party and relogging, or re-stabling the pets out of party is the only way to fix this bug.

2. Some bard songs drop with the no-drop no-trade, and some other songs can be traded, I don't know if this intended but it would be nice to be all tradeable.

3. Alot of spots in Ice dungeon where  flying monsters get trapped around the river to the north from entrance mostly, white wyrms flying pets get stuck in the river when flying over, but also some spawn locations are straight inaccessible as I've seen crimson dragons stuck in the dungeon walls and these don't fly.

4. This one might of been reported already but when doing this assassin sub-quest, it gives you a disguise kit in your backpack and you can't move it it becomes stuck in backpack and it weight 250+ stones, also the quest can't be completed obviously when using the teleporter back to Viviana from Yew jail, I don't know if it's due to this disguise kit being stuck.

• I used the old standby for the disguise kit issue, throw everything in a bag and set down and get yourself killed, have not tested whether looting corpse would put you back in the same situation, I just prefer leaving sleeping adventurers lie.
  • PringPring Posts: 10
    . This one might of been reported already but when doing this assassin sub-quest, it gives you a disguise kit in your backpack and you can't move it it becomes stuck in backpack and it weight 250+ stones, also the quest can't be completed obviously when using the teleporter back to Viviana from Yew jail, I don't know if it's due to this disguise kit being stuck.

Same issue here, quest is just stalled out.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,413
    @Mariah @Rorschach @Community Manager This still needs to remain on top
  • MoresleyMoresley Posts: 31
    edited August 23
    I am trying to make a third character, its telling me "The client could not attach to the game server.  It must have been taken down, please wait a few minutes and try again."

Also can't get your horse out of moonglow yacht club.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    edited August 23
    Moresley said:
    I am trying to make a third character, its telling me "The client could not attach to the game server.  It must have been taken down, please wait a few minutes and try again."

Also can't get your horse out of moonglow yacht club.
    You can only have two characters per account.  Does it give you the option to make three and then disconnect?

The guards let you in but you dismount inside.

Then your your mount can not leave.  You have to log off and on outside to retrieve your mount.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Thought I had heard they let us have more than 2 for testing the beta, guess not.

Seems normal enough to make a character until the last step where ya click the town, then it says that.

• 3. Alot of spots in Ice dungeon where  flying monsters get trapped around the river to the north from entrance mostly, white wyrms flying pets get stuck in the river when flying over, but also some spawn locations are straight inaccessible as I've seen crimson dragons stuck in the dungeon walls and these don't fly.

Could you provide me with screenshots or location coordinates in a private message please?

• 2. Some bard songs drop with the no-drop no-trade, and some other songs can be traded, I don't know if this intended but it would be nice to be all tradeable.

This issue has been resolved, but since it's not a retroactive fix, you may still have a non-tradeable song on you.

Trying to deliver Salvaged Supplies to "the Mage's Seat" in moonglow which I cannot find, the bug being the little tracker button does nothing for this quest, works for others though.
    edited August 23
    On the tailor quest line after GMing carpentry and Lumber, done a few tailor quests and now want to spend the skill points on tailoring, but the only skills available to train from the skill trainer are the old carpentry skills 

Edit: 

UO was pretty darn good, not gonna say perfect with stuff like this.. Want to be a blacksmith?  Mine some ore, smelt it, blacksmith some things, get better at blacksmithing, it was so streamlined, this whole system now is super anti-streamlined.  If the goal of this system is streamlining I think you should circle back around and ask yourself if putting barriers to playing in the way of playing is streamlining.

My char is sitting AFK in front of the skill trainer in moonglow if ya want to check it out
    edited August 23
    Can't place a new house and it's been 20 days I placed my small house on august 3rd, placement tool tells me to wait 186 more hours. If my guild reach level 2, how am I going to test the new guildhouse  ?
    It is supposed to be 7 days, does the timer stop during week days or what ? 

• PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    For the tailor, as your second crafting discipline you should be getting a quest for completing 25 BODs to get to the next stage, which will eventually grant another 10 points for tailoring, you turn them in to the guildmaster and can get another right away, so really a matter of shearing sheep and killing cow and goats until your eyes start bleeding.
  • PitrPitr Posts: 176
    edited August 24
    Hello.
    My mage/tamer was in a party, let my pets at the stables and the number of followers was still 5.
    Logged out and back in... nothing changed.
    Used /quit to leave party... logged out and back in... nothing changed.
    logged out and waited 2 hours... nothing changed.
    Still 5 followers, yet no pets under my command, all in the stables.
    Thank you.

• PitrPitr Posts: 176
    got ingame help from our fellow players... 
    claimed the same pets that I sent to the stables... they came out... then adding them back to the stables got my number of followers to drop.
    thank you!
  • VioletViolet Posts: 391
    edited August 24
    Pitr said:
    got ingame help from our fellow players... 
    claimed the same pets that I sent to the stables... they came out... then adding them back to the stables got my number of followers to drop.
    thank you!

I've had this bug once but unable to reproduce it. Were the people in your party on the same subserver or different?
    Quest button is not working for my character, it's not opening the menu anymore, I need a GM restore, but no GM come when I page on NL, can I get some GM assistance please ?
  • BaratozBaratoz Posts: 3

I played for a couple hours today, and the client crashed/closed two times. There were no messages or warnings. The game just disappeared off my screen. It reloaded without any problems.

I am playing on the Classic client. I’ve played the last few Open Beta Weekends and it had not crashed before.

• GarretGarret Posts: 148
    edited August 25

Special moves:

• Shadow strike - require 80 stealth to use.

Expectation - work with 80 hiding instead.

Result - not working with hiding, still require non existing skill.

Bard spellsongs:

• Spellsongs interupted or renew with no mana cost if you cast them fast in sequence.

Way to recreate - play 2 spellsongs (peacemaking for example), you can wait or not, but for duration check is better to wait around 20 secs (check buff duration in buff menu), then start to play 2 other buff spellsongs (provocation for example) but start cast second spellsong before first appear on buff menu if u fast enough you will recreate bug effect.

Result - if you recreate bug correctly you will see buffs disapear for 1 second and then renew for full duration without any mana cost. Also will break discord mastery if they run so they not do dmg.

BODs:

• Some items with wrong direction can not be put in BOD.

Expectation - every item with proper name can be put in BOD with no problem.

Result - some time you have to move items in your backpack and they accidentally change derection so you can't put them in BOD.

Guild House:

• Zones for guild houses is not properly assigned for every town housing land.

Expectation - you can build guild house in zones outside of normal housing area.

Result -
      you can't build in guild housing area in all three town areas even if it close to actual housing area (only GM fixed this problem with some gimmick mechanic).

• Guild house is not player property but it retain his name and access.

Expectation - guild house owner name is guild name.

Result - it retain name of player that build guild house.

• Guild banner can't be placed on front wall of the house, only inside.

Expectation - banner is something that can show everyone that this place is belong to XXX guild so u have to show you banner outside on front wall close to entrace/stairs of your house.

Result - can be placed only inside house so ther is 0 reasons to put it there.

• Guild house menu is still contain options that is not valid for guild house.

Expectation - guild house sign menu will only contain options that even exist or work only for this type of structure.

Result - guild house sign menu have options that is not working like ownership, security.

Guild menu and guild quests:

• Champion spawn quests is counting as outposts as well so you can complete them even if you do outposts

• Town job quests is not always counted in guild quest progress.

Outposts:

• You can loot corpses in outpost.

• Damage from falling rocks at the end of match is not lethal sometime or do dmg only if  you are moving.

• Damage from pets is not counting as player damage.

• Quests progress for outposts actions like dmg/heal/outlast/etc is not properly counting and gives you x3x4x5 from real done actions (dunno if it in purpose of testing).

Alchemy BOD reward:

• Deadly poison keg almost empty when you collect reward.

Expectation - deadly poison keg is full or contain more poison.

Result - 
      deadly poison keg contain only 5 potions.

Potions usability:

• Potions that you loot from monster corpses can't be used in use object macro on CC.

Expectation - you can use potions from monsters like crafted once or atleast in sequence from higher to lower quality.

Result - 
      you can use them only by manual click so we have no reason to loot them (CC).

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna @devs
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 43
    I have the same problem right now as ZekeTerra had with the completion of the Orc Champ Spawn quest. Victim helped me to get beside the captain, but I cannot complete the quest. The quest has no title when I hit "L"... All it has are the buttons and the description. Clicked on the Captain and he does the 'huh?' ...

Character: Korendir
    Really not fun. First weekend made it all the way to the Orc Champion as a ranger, helped take him down, got a bard scroll in my pack, but when I went back the quest log said I had never made it to the island when I went through the portal. After dancing around and finally triggering the island landing, I got the message, Now go kill the Orc Champion! Here at week five, I finally picked up this very frustrated character and went back and killed (helped) the Orc Champion. Now I am stuck on the ship, quest log says to speak to the Captain, but I cannot get to him, only one step west or east from the place where I landed when teleported. So now am stuck and unable to finish this quest, still. I have seen this bug mentioned before, and miraculasly solved, though how and when is unknown. Please, this bug needs to be addressed, figured out and corrected.
  • StingardStingard Posts: 23
    Orc Champion Quest finish is bugged.  Quest comes up with no title. Captain Mattius will not communicate with anyone who finished the quest.  There are several of us with the same issue.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 43
    Pinochle said:
    Really not fun. First weekend made it all the way to the Orc Champion as a ranger, helped take him down, got a bard scroll in my pack, but when I went back the quest log said I had never made it to the island when I went through the portal. After dancing around and finally triggering the island landing, I got the message, Now go kill the Orc Champion! Here at week five, I finally picked up this very frustrated character and went back and killed (helped) the Orc Champion. Now I am stuck on the ship, quest log says to speak to the Captain, but I cannot get to him, only one step west or east from the place where I landed when teleported. So now am stuck and unable to finish this quest, still. I have seen this bug mentioned before, and miraculasly solved, though how and when is unknown. Please, this bug needs to be addressed, figured out and corrected.

Yes, this... I went to the island hut and the quest didn't trigger when I arrived. I went to kill the orc champion and nothing happened with the quest. Went back to the hut and then the quest triggered to kill the orc champion. I killed it again finally and could not go anywhere near Captain Mattius. Got help to gate near Mattius and nothing. I think that's a common factor perhaps.
    Heard a few ideas in chat, am not a mage so casting invis on myself was not an option, made sure I was not in attack mode, logged out and back in, quit the game for more than ten minutes and logged in, all to no avail. I have a rune from an earlier quest that would take me somewhere else, but I want this addressed and fixed. I will leave this character right where he is until the game allows him to continue, or a Game Master directs me otherwise.

• AnukanakaAnukanaka Posts: 17
    Garret said:

Special moves:

• Shadow strike - require 80 stealth to use.

Expectation - work with 80 hiding instead.

Result - not working with hiding, still require non existing skill.

it would be great if we could have Shadowstrike work with Hiding, 
    i'm completed my warrior-tamer build with fencing and was planning to drop aggro using shadowstrike and was really disappointed that i cant use it ( 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    I have the crash to desktop multiple times every week.

I have more than iaccount logged in.  Just one crashes.   They can be moving or just standing. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for posting the bugs they are finding on NL! We really appreciate it!

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    edited August 30
    Here's an Odd one. in the EC Client, the Eleven shirt is mostly transparent on the paper doll, except for around the shoulders and it does make the Bra and Panties on a female the same color as it. It does it on Prodo too and it started about week 2 of Beta Test Weekends.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo