Beta Week 3 Objectives feedback

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,902
    loop said:
    McDougle said:
    Why would focus not gain through normal fighting ? Took divergent path a macer fighting orcs near boats all skills pointing up
    You have to unlock the skills that do not fit your archetype. You do not have access to focus as a warrior, I don’t think?

It’s another off putting situation for veterans who prefer the more traditional system. Like, as a warrior, it frustrated me that being hit by spells did not increase my magic resist. I know it’s a skill. I know its usefulness. But I have to unlock it?
    Even after choosing normal skill gain method? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    loop said:
    McDougle said:
    Why would focus not gain through normal fighting ? Took divergent path a macer fighting orcs near boats all skills pointing up
    You have to unlock the skills that do not fit your archetype. You do not have access to focus as a warrior, I don’t think?

It’s another off putting situation for veterans who prefer the more traditional system. Like, as a warrior, it frustrated me that being hit by spells did not increase my magic resist. I know it’s a skill. I know its usefulness. But I have to unlock it?
    I think we are limited to 600 total points.  How many points do you have now?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Need to reduce time for special pets to re spawn.  The Orc dog and Frostpaw are too slow.  
    Still waiting for Frostpaw.  Been over 40 mins.  4 others have come in to get him also.

ReSpawn is too slow.
  • OrtOrt Posts: 12
    Skill gains should be BOTH ways NOT an either or.  If I am doing  Blacksmith BODs Quests and I need to mine ingots then I should get gains from mining and from making the items for the BODs along with the gains from turning in those BODs
    This. This 100%.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,137Moderator
    @Moresley I'm not sure what @Pawain has done to earn such attacks, but please desist. He is merely supplying feedback on his own experience, as are others. 

My observation of the different ways of gaining skill is that they cannot be done afk, this means you need to play your character yourself, not leave your pc to do it for you.

Please everyone supply constructive feedback. If you're hitting problems, list them in detail, that way if you're in error, someone who has achieved what you're trying to do can advise, and if the problem you have hit is not you, but the system, the devs will have sufficient information to rectify.
  • looploop Posts: 374
    Pawain said:
    loop said:
    McDougle said:

I think we are limited to 600 total points.  How many points do you have now?
    Well beneath the cap with skills in 30s. This was right after leaving the Frontier and going to a town.
    I still have not been able to get a Frostpaw.  there are 6 tamers cycling in and out 2 of them I recognize from last night.
    Family name shows on the toon I made the first week but not the ones made after.

• Since the Beta Shard is only up on the weekends (Friday-Sunday), and Monday-Thursday is not being counted towards bonding timers, they should make pets insta bond on the NL Beta Shard. This would allow players to be able to actually use their pets without fear of losing them, and that would alleviate the queu load of Tamers trying to tame the unique pets.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 391
    Since the Beta Shard is only up on the weekends (Friday-Sunday), and Monday-Thursday is not being counted towards bonding timers, they should make pets insta bond on the NL Beta Shard. This would allow players to be able to actually use their pets without fear of losing them, and that would alleviate the queu load of Tamers trying to tame the unique pets.

Monday-Thursday does count towards the bonding timers. Every pet I tamed last weekend bonded this weekend and every pet I tamed the first weekend was bonded during the second weekend.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,902
    Violet said:
    Since the Beta Shard is only up on the weekends (Friday-Sunday), and Monday-Thursday is not being counted towards bonding timers, they should make pets insta bond on the NL Beta Shard. This would allow players to be able to actually use their pets without fear of losing them, and that would alleviate the queu load of Tamers trying to tame the unique pets.

Monday-Thursday does count towards the bonding timers. Every pet I tamed last weekend bonded this weekend and every pet I tamed the first weekend was bonded during the second weekend.

But if I've taken the divergent path it should be my choice right ? It should gain in the normal manner? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited August 12
    @Kyronix ; I think we would agree that we want the Pet Bonding Timer, and the set destination on crafting tools to be ported to Prodo shards ASAP.

Thanks
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,429
    @Pawain Not to hijack Violet's Divergent path thread, I'll pass on some info here. 
    I trained a mage to GM, then instead of sticking with the narrative options, I added taming via the 'advanced training' option. This allows you to choose which skill you drop rather than forcing the removal of inscription. I chose to drop wrestle and keep inscription.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 533
    Using advanced training for bard does allow you to spam use a lute for gains, buy there is a delay between gains. Like once every 5 minutes or so
  • GarretGarret Posts: 153
    We need full list of new enchants and what they do... plz...
    Also how long we have to wait till next power step ? and who is got access to enchant all mods, every crafters i met could do only 2 slayers things, is it all for first tier or only one person for server with most bods have access to every enchant? if yes this way to much.
    @Kyronix
    @ Pawain Not to hijack Violet's Divergent path thread, I'll pass on some info here. 
    I trained a mage to GM, then instead of sticking with the narrative options, I added taming via the 'advanced training' option. This allows you to choose which skill you drop rather than forcing the removal of inscription. I chose to drop wrestle and keep inscription.
    I understand the reasoning.  I had 5 skills at 100, I added 3 new skills (taming).  It took away 2 skills, wrestling and inscription.  Then added 3 skills at level 30.  So I lose a net of 110 points.  But it only took a small amount of time to get those to 70 each.  So I got the points back quickly.

I have 600 used points now.  If I choose to put inscription back on, would I lose a skill or does it let me buy that skill at 50 for gold and not remove any skills.  The description is not clear, it just mentions that I should have any skill I want to lose pointing down.  It would be nice if the description used numbers.  It should mention the skill cap and specify that if I am below that by more than 100, I can buy this new skill without losing any skills.

I assume I could add inscription back at 50 and then gain by doing.  And not lose a skill. But the description does not specify any numbers or scenarios. 

Everyone says the skill cap is 720,  where is that stated and why the extra 20 points?  What would I be able to put on to use those 20 points?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    Moresley said:
    If possible could we have an answer on whether Pawain is having an influence on the direction this server is taking?

Most appreciated, thanks.
    This is so silly, but I thought I'd add my two cents worth anyway. Anyone and everyone testing NL is having some influence. Player observations, feedback and additional ideas is the point of testing, no? It might be good to keep in mind we saw none of the feedback from Alpha testers. And now with open testing a lot of players will offer their feedback via private messages, emails, and bug reports. What they have to say won't be seen publicly either.

What difference does it make if additions or changes to NL come about because of cumulative feedback, which is probably the case more often than not, or a single player's good idea not thought of before? The dev's have their own minds. They know what direction they're looking to go in. And they have a better working knowledge of what can or can't be introduced or changed than the majority of players interested in NL. But they're also open to player feedback. How can that be a bad thing?
    Also we have bug with titanweave shroud, after you zone or teleport somewher shroud lost name and color.
    @Kyronix @Bleak
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    edited August 12
    Pawain said:
    Family name shows on the toon I made the first week but not the ones made after.

Hey! That’s me! Kizzle was my red haired, buck toothed, halfling rogue. Omg, 30 years ago now! Why I oughtah! But yeah, my family name doesn’t show up on the characters I made.

edited August 12
    One more bug is some spellsongs can't be traded or even droped on the ground.
    @Kyronix @Bleak  
    edited August 12
    LilyGrace said:
    Pawain said:

Hey! That’s me! Kizzle was my red haired, buck toothed, halfling rogue. Omg, 30 years ago now! Why I oughtah! But yeah, my family name doesn’t show up on the characters I made.

Looks just like you.  >:)
  • VioletViolet Posts: 391
    Apparently this post "lost" half of my images, the full thing with pictures is available on our New Legacy discord. I will try to report when time permits.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 128
    I didn't have much play time this week.  Here are the bugs I encountered along with some feedback. 

General Resource Container
    • How do we add resources we bought from an NPC, like ingots to the resource pack?
    • Still think it would be nice if resource containers were account bound or guild bound. I'd rather gather resources on my fighter than waste hours killing cows and llamas. 
    • Pigs and Boars do not give any resources when skinned (hides/bones?)
    • If you are near the resource pack cap say 2000 of 2500, and you try to use the autoloom with a pile of 100 wool, it will eat the wool and tell you your pack could not hold more, without returning any wool or filling the container with the remaining 500 cloth. RIP 100 piles of wool.
    Mining
    • Was a real drag. By far the most grindy gameplay I have seen in NL thus far. Was so slow I decided to shelve training blacksmithing for the remainder of the beta. Just not worth it. 
    Congiaroum
    • Gave up on this when I realized it was unlikely it would be finished before the end of the test. Saw on the NL discord that it finished 1 hour before sever down. That was disappointing to test nothing other than filling BOD's and dropping them in the container. 
    Thanks for reading. 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 578
    edited August 13
    Noticed a few bugs. I had summoned a Daemon, and when the Daemon died, i was still stuck at 5/5 Control Slots, and couldn't summon anything else. Happened sometimes too when my Daemon or EVs would get dispelled (btw, 2 EVs > Daemon, no real reason to summon a Daemon if you can summon EVs). This persisted even when recalling around, and it would only fix itself when i logged out, and back in.

I GMed my Mage char, killed the Orc Champ, and did some Advanced Skill Training for Taming, Lore, and Vet (30k Gold total) to get to 50 skill in all 3. Then i realized i could take a Narrative path quest for it, and i selected the Narrative Path for the Mage Tamer. I lost my GM Inscrip and GM Wrest then, but retained the 50 in Taming/Lore/Vet. As i was undergoing the beginning quests for the Tamer narrative path, my skill kept increasing in big chunks (first gain was 30.0 points, from 50 to 80 skill, and 5.0 chunks after that), to where by the time i was asked to tame a Polar Bear, i was already GM Taming/GM Lore/GM Vet. I don't think the Advanced Skill Training and Narrative Path is supposed to stack like that...
    Btw, i don't think we should lose GM Wrest when we switch to Tamer Mage. There's enough total skillpoints to have Magery/Eval/Med/Wrest/Taming/Lore/Vet, and the GM Wrest is very useful for keeping creatures from munching you apart as you tame them or fight with your pet. On prodo shards Tamer/Mages simply use a -0 Mage Wep to gain this defensive bonus, which isn't an option on NL (other than Glacial Staffs from what i've seen).

Killed the boss in Ice Dungeon (the one that spawns in the Ice Fiend room), and it dropped into the pack of my two chars a total of 2 Energy Vortex scrolls, a lure for Arctos, and a spellsong for Despair. I got a lure for Snarltooth and a Orcish Guise mask from the Orc Champion. I'm seeing a pattern emerge for bosses to pack drop items that thematically match them. I've heard of Rikktor dropping a Dragon Slaying Halberd, the Ice boss dropping a Flame Slayer Staff with 100% Cold Damage, etc. Willing to bet the tomes for taming Drakes/Dragons also drops from Rikktor, the one for Undead from Neira, the one for White Wyrms from the Ice boss, etc.
  • BTW, I suggested they add some sort of signal to the Occlo Emissary so players don't just run by her coming out the moongate and then find themselves completely at a loss in town, and they announced that change the next week. So I guess not just @Pawain is having an influence. :Sarcasm: :)

edited August 14
    BTW, I suggested they add some sort of signal to the Occlo Emissary so players don't just run by her coming out the moongate and then find themselves completely at a loss in town, and they announced that change the next week. So I guess not just @ Pawain is having an influence. :Sarcasm: :)

I don't think I approved any of these changes, but they did them anyway:

Miscellaneous Changes & Bug Fixes

• Players that attempt to collect an objective reward containing skill gains that do not have room for all of the skill will now collect a partial amount of the skill relevant to their skill cap.
    • There is no longer a delay on accepting Bulk Order Deed Town Objectives.
    • Defend objectives now have a larger threshold for awarding credit to those who join mid-encounter.
    • Refresh potions now have a cooldown between uses.
    • Obtain objectives no longer require you to be within a specific region when you toggle the items.
    • Hidden players will no longer always drop stealth when transitioning through dungeon levels.
    • Removed gargoyle drops from certain creatures.
    • Fixed point value of large arcanist armor BOD.
    • Allow players who unlocked Animal Taming through advanced skill training instead of the narrative objectives to access the Taming Knowledge context menu once they reach 80 skill in Taming and Lore.
    • Allow players who unlocked Animal Taming through advanced skill training instead of the narrative objectives to access advanced taming quests once they reach 80 skill in Taming and Lore. Visit the Zookeepers at the Moonglow Zoo for more information.
    • Spawn rates for objective kill areas will now scale with player density.
    • Blocked off areas of Trinsic Passage where mobs were spawning in inaccessible areas.
    • Players that fail defend objectives that are part of the narrative lines will now receive an objective guiding them on how to restart the failed objective when the failed objective is cleared from the quest objective list.
    • Adjusted descriptions of some objectives to be more clear.
    • Players should now longer see an invisible “Attack” object handler on certain defend objectives in the EC.
    • Player should no longer be able to accidentally miss the Ocllo Emissary’s quest after exiting the Moongate.
    • Shades/Wraiths/Spectres should now count as magical creatures.
    • Neira no longer drops a necromancer spellbook.
    • Certain quest objective descriptions now indicate they are a [GROUP ENCOUNTER].
    • Core skills for base archetypes have been adjusted.
    • Adjustments to the Titanweave Spider encounter.
    • Auto unlock base skills once primary narrative is completed.

:D 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 578
    edited August 14
    The weps that drop from the Spider boss, the "Venomhewer" and "Titanweave Bow", are both Spider Slayer, yet deal 50% Poison Damage. Most spider enemies are resistant to Poison damage, with Dread Spiders, Wolf Spiders and Mephitis being immune to it. That's really not good.

Images were from Garret on the Unofficial NL Discord.