Question Regarding Account Center Update Next Week

Will we need to sign in both at the Account Center page and also on the EA website every time we want to make any changes to our accounts?   I am having a tough time understanding today's announcement.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Why not wait until the update and then you will find out. I’m sure it will become apparent. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• InLorInLor Posts: 412
    Once you're signed in, you're signed in.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    edited May 2018
    I made my EA account before there was an account management page.  I have different emails and passwords for each.  How will it know that?

To clarify:  I used my Pogo account info to make the EA account when EA took over Pogo.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The fact that they're going to allow account unlinking from the accounts page is pretty nice, not that I would use it of course..**wink**
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,804
    I just hope they do not require cookies.  I dislike having to lower my security settings.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    To be fair, Origins security record isn't pretty. I'm a little concerned too after my "EA" account was hacked last year and security questions changed....
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,178
    Honestly....what reasons are there to unlink accounts? Other then buying and selling them? Which...according to the games ToS is ILLEGAL unless you get EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT from EA....so all you people who buy and sell accounts...do you have express written consent for ALL of them?? I doubt it...

Sure there are other valid legitimate reasons to unlink an account....wanting to have a new e-mail, wanting more then one master account on the off chance they will give us all 500 sovereigns again....but the main reason to unlink is so it's not associated with your master account so you can "give" it to someone without them having access to your information.

I do hope that the updated Acct. Management System is nice and works well, I have never had issues with it in the....11 years I have been playing....I hope that doesn't change! I have the utmost faith in our team to make sure things run smoothly for us, it's because of them that we are still playing! So crossing my fingers and here's to a nice successful launch with minimal issues, I'm still a bit nervous! :/

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,355
    edited May 2018
    Larisa said:
    Honestly....what reasons are there to unlink accounts? 
    This one? https://forums.uo.com/discussion/183/problem#latest
    And that one incident is SO prolific that they have to mess with the entire acct management system for it? 

Seriously....

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,355
    no, that was only an example.  I can't help wondering if it's at all connected to the new European ruling GDPR  I've had shed loads of emails because of it. 
    Possibly...another thing that was brought up by a friend of mine...say a person has 20 accounts...and they want to unlink all of them and have them each under their own Master Account...that would mean that person could technically post here on these forums as 20 different people? That might become an issue, especially with the trade forums..how do you think they are going to address that?

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Larisa said:
    Possibly...another thing that was brought up by a friend of mine...say a person has 20 accounts...and they want to unlink all of them and have them each under their own Master Account...that would mean that person could technically post here on these forums as 20 different people? That might become an issue, especially with the trade forums..how do you think they are going to address that?
    If they pay for 20 accounts then why can't they have 20 forum accounts? The forum has moderators so if they start to misbehave I would expect the mods/admin would sort the issue out.