Why should I pay for your mistakes?

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "what i mean is, even as far back as 2018, the guy says:
    so many people

and that was when it first came out, so i imagine since that time, there have been so many more. They would not post here because there is only the same 10 people that come here to post.
    I say that, Saul has posted.

and i don't know how you say it's not related, he is talking about people ruining their pets by replacing one magic with another and losing the points...

maybe there is something wrong with my translator"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited April 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "what i mean is, even as far back as 2018, the guy says:
    so many people

and that was when it first came out, so i imagine since that time, there have been so many more. They would not post here because there is only the same 10 people that come here to post.
    I say that, Saul has posted.

and i don't know how you say it's not related, he is talking about people ruining their pets by replacing one magic with another and losing the points...

maybe there is something wrong with my translator"

No. First post is complaining that he spent so many points putting magery on a pet and it was not worth it because magery on a pet sux. It costs 1501 points for magery and eval. He felt the AI does more damage.

The reply brought up point reimbursement. Which we will never get.

If we could get reimbursed for overwriting magery, that would put 1501 more points back onto a pet with magery.

Pets like Banes, WWs, all equines with magery would able to make very high hit point pets. Dreadmares would  be awesome.

We would see players using dread spiders, rams, bake kitsunes and other pets with inate magery or necro.

Just put Chiv on and reap the points returned.

Would be great. But has nothing to do with the OPs issue.  He wanted a pet with Chivalry and Discord.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2023
    “So what is the faulty mechanic he is talking about that ruined so many people’s pets?

it was the last part of the reply i was referring to, I think you read the wrong thing.

I am certain he is saying that so many people ruined their pets by replacing one magic with another, or else how else people ruin pets?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited April 2023
    "lol it's not my thread anyway
    go ahead and troll it to close it
    tell the OP it is 100% his fault and same as everyone else.

It didn't happen to my tamer, and if it did i get free power scrolls.
    And the more trammies who ruin their pets the more our power scrolls i can sell.

Please continue wasting trammel tamers time and calling them stupid
    you're all your own worst enemy"
    @Yoshi that poster is calling, not getting points back a faulty mechanic.

It is the game mechanics. Popps disagrees with the game mechanics all the time. Should we consider not getting powerscrolls in Tram a faulty game mechanic that has ruined the ability of many players to get powerscrolls?

Basically that is what you are doing here. 

You posted a picture of the screen that tells you that if you add another magic, it will erase the existing one.

Lets visit what gumps you see when training a pet:

It is pretty clear that adding another magic onto a pet will remove all magic abilities.

How much hand holding do players need?  Should a warning go off and a GM come ask the player if they are sure they want to remove all magics before adding another one?

@Yoshi ; you ask who to blame for what the OP did?  My answer is the OP not the game, they tried very hard to tell him that he can not have Chivalry and Discord. They tried very hard to tell you what you add can not be undone.  Not undone means no refund.

Sorry everyone I was not home this weekend until now, so I could not go into the game to show you that the game already has the prompts that @yoshi says it does not have,  Seems a lot of time has been wasted here on some poster not knowing how game mechanics work or that there are gumps warning you.

Seems that @Lord_Frodo is the only person in this post that has opened a taming gump. None of the rest of you seem to know there are these warnings and if the OP would have read them they would not think a pet can get Chivalry and Discordance.

Also @CovenantX how many more gumps are needed. Is it not clear enough that adding another magic will remove all magic abilities?
    edited April 2023
    "why you're posting in a thread without reading?
    the gump was shown and described in the video...

and suddenly its a discovery of Frodo, even though it's mentioned and shown in the vid..."
    edited April 2023
    Seems like this thread should be concluded.

Here is the OP about what everyone has been talking about:

c) I tame pets, I added chiv to a trained pet, kept training then added discord, and it stopped the cu from gaining, I asked in chat and ppl where all like "oh well you cant do that", well yeah I can BECAUSE IT LETS ME! if its not possible to have a cu with two skills don't allow ppl to waste time, effort and gold fucking up a pet that took months to train!

I was told this is a G rated forum, why does the OP not have to abide by that?

The rant of the OP is his own fault, when he chose the second magic he chose not to read the warning gump that told him he would remove all other magics.

Question of why has been answered nothing more can be gained from this Thread. @Mariah @Rorschach

I apologize for not being by my PC to show the game warned the OP, but he chose to do it anyway. 
    edited April 2023
    "lol i already told you not my thread
    i really don't care abuut you closing it haha

same as cannon firing without cannonball, total non issue for me lol

except this is not my thread lol

The OP is not a friend of mine, you're trolling the wrong thread haha"
    edited April 2023
    My biggest regret is that I was not on Atlantic chat when the OP said he did this. 
    "not only was the menu shown, the menu was read out word for word.
    and talked about...

i think you didn't watch vid or you have attention span so small you can't watch 6 mins"

edited April 2023
    Then why have you been arguing for two days sayin that is not the OPs fault, thinking he could add two magics? 

Its called game mechanics, A Triton has enough points to switch between Chiv and Discord, it costs 1 point to change them once you pay the 1000 points,  So paying for 2 magics would allow a player to have a pet he can use for discord or Chiv, as he deems fit.  1 pet with 120 scrolls that can act as 2 pets.

Which leads to a reason we can not get points refunded, we could make 1 pet of each type and just change magics as needed.

There is no bug, there is no faulty game mechanics.

The developers allowed us to make choices. It seems you are not capable of thinking out of the box, since you insist on cookie cutter pets.
    edited April 2023
    "okay all these people need to learn the game mechanics,
    like the bit that Mariah only added to wiki yesterday.

okay

can't be undone don't at all mean not refundable
    at least on my translator"
    edited April 2023
    "why it takes away the options for special moves and special abilities once you have selected them and don't give you the option to select more? maybe you wanna change special move at cost of points...?

its menu to trick people is why"
    edited April 2023
    Ok cant be undone.  How would you get a refund for still having it?  Cant be undone means the pet will have that ability forever. so make an educated choice!  Sometimes it is over written but it is still there.

I already told you why we can not get refunds, we could just make 1 pet and just change the magic on a whim.  The developers decided they did not want that. Their game their rules.
    I would not need to have a separate Cu Sidhe and Hiryu with each magic if we could just change them and get a refund.

From here, I guess you refuse to research things. I gave 3 links yesterday that answer all the questions.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/animal-training/

You may only select a total of Three options, two from the first 3 categories shown here and one from the magical abilities list.  Select in the order shown below, magical ability last.  Keep in mind many pets already have a special ability, which cannot be overwritten. This reduces your choices.
    • 1 area effect
    • 2 special moves
    • 1 special ability
    • 1 magical ability
    This is the rules of magics and abilities.

Some pets come with moves or abilities so those count. 
    Luckily we can change magics.

I guess you have never tamed and trained any pets from Eodon, the cats begin with horrible Magics, Luckily we can change them to something less horrible.

Yes, we need the ability to change a magic to something else!

Because you have little knowledge in pet training, you should not be the one asking for changes.

Accept the rules or not. But because you do not like the rules, does not mean they are a bug or faulty game mechanics.

You also need to read and heed my signature.

edited April 2023
    “I have little knowledge about training pets okay…

even uocah giving worse advice than me on training pet for pvp

and about that,

Why you have to select magical ability last?
    It gives you options for all on menu, it don’t tell you that you have to do in a certain order

In fact, isn’t magic ability menu first on the gump and not last?”
    edited April 2023
    @keven2002 because I have to explain the same thing over and over to posters like the ones in this thread, It is probably a miracle that I don't miswrite something every day.  Saint Pawain has a nice ring.
    edited April 2023
    “Just goes to prove it’s a joke menu,
    the menu is not in alphabetical order so if you followed the order of the menu you’d do it wrong…

I like that you’re quoting to me parts of the wiki that I helped compose.

carry on reading my own work to me though”
    edited April 2023
    Pawain 
    Because you have little knowledge in pet training, you should not be the one asking for changes.

“I’m just going to leave this piece of misinformation here oh pet guru..
    (necromancy pets do not cast conduit, only necromage pets do, was topic of thread)”
    screenshot:

Yoshi said:
    Pawain 

“I’m just going to leave this piece of misinformation here oh pet guru..
    (necromancy pets do not cast conduit, only necromage pets do, was topic of thread)”

Yes an example of a misspelling. I have that pet and wrote the wrong skill set. 

Spend a day loring pets and see how many pets have necromastery  or Necromage.

Does not matter what you call them they do not do anything but cast skulls when they use that.

:D
    Out of 7550 posts if that all you can come up with, I am still a saint. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 2023
    Pawain said:
    Ok cant be undone.  How would you get a refund for still having it?  Cant be undone means the pet will have that ability forever. so make an educated choice!  Sometimes it is over written but it is still there.

I'd imagine it's really not a "refund" even though many are using that term, it's just that once your pet has a 'magical ability' it shouldn't cost points to train it in a different one, since your pet is unable to have two Magical abilities active at once.   -That's what made the most sense when it was being compared to Slayers imbued on a weapon, the amount of imbue weight is still the same, but it cannot be removed or changed to a totally different property, only other slayers.

Obviously the costs of 'magical abilities' on pets would need adjusted, for it to be perfect.

Yoshi said:
    “I like that you’re quoting to me parts of the wiki that I helped compose.

carry on reading my own work to me though”
       Pretty funny though.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    There are many issues with Magery and Necro pets. Even if those issues were addressed, an AI/Chiv pet still does more single target damage. And would do more damage in general than those pets even if fixed.

https://www.uo-cah.com/magic-abilities

A link that tells you what magics do what.

Pet AI is horrible. A Chiv pet turns EoO on and off within seconds. Even when there is only a single target on the screen.

Those have all been documented and there is no reason to Focus on what a pet can not do, build them for what they can do.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Pawain said:
    There are many issues with Magery and Necro pets. Even if those issues were addressed, an AI/Chiv pet still does more single target damage. And would do more damage in general than those pets even if fixed.

https://www.uo-cah.com/magic-abilities

A link that tells you what magics do what.

Pet AI is horrible. A Chiv pet turns EoO on and off within seconds. Even when there is only a single target on the screen.

Those have all been documented and there is no reason to Focus on what a pet can not do, build them for what they can do.
    Your it's ok if stuff is broken do it another way is what keeps things broken 
    edited April 2023
    “(It’s not spelling mistake,
    you continued erroneously to argue the case that necromancy pets do cast conduit and that it was user error for not activating the necromancy skill…
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7152/necromancy-pet

But that is off topic)

edited April 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “(It’s not spelling mistake,
    you continued erroneously to argue the case that necromancy pets do cast conduit and that it was user error for not activating the necromancy skill…
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7152/necromancy-pet

But that is off topic)

Ok thank you for your input, Ill pay better attention to the specific skill I chose when I mention pet bugs.

Necromage is a pretty expensive magic on a pet. I wonder which pet I ruined for that.  I probably thought i wasn't stupid enough to choose it.
    We should continue our chat over some ales or beers, fly me to your favorite pub and I'll buy the drinks and snacks.
    edited April 2023
    “So pawain,
    if nothing wrong with menu and all user error,
    You haven’t explained why in game menu presents in order as:

magic ability
    special ability
    special move
    area effect

when wiki states 

Select in the order shown below, magical ability last.  Keep in mind many pets already have a special ability, which cannot be overwritten. This reduces your choices.
    • 1 area effect
    • 2 special moves
    • 1 special ability
    • 1 magical ability

edited April 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “So pawain,
    if nothing wrong with menu and all user error,
    You haven’t explained why in game menu presents in order as:

magic ability
    special ability
    special move
    area effect

when wiki states 

Select in the order shown below, magical ability last.  Keep in mind many pets already have a special ability, which cannot be overwritten. This reduces your choices.
    • 1 area effect
    • 2 special moves
    • 1 special ability
    • 1 magical ability

You choose from the bottom up on the in game menu.  Since you can always choose a Magic on a fresh pet, you save that choice for the end.  A magic can take up 2 choices on some pet types if you put it first.

The in game menu does not have the order you must choose in.  Do you have to choose the top special ability?  Why do you think you have to choose the top choice in the specials magics section?

That kind of thinking is not how anything works.  Do you have to gain anatomy on your toon first?

That order has more to do with Math. You do not have to follow the order on some pet types.
    Someone with more math skills will have to answer because they are weighted.

I have a feeling that the order in the wiki was added later because players did want to go from the top down.
    Which again, do you have to increase your skills in the order they appear on the skill menu?

But the pet abilities/magics are weighted unlike player skills, so you have to choose them in the order that allows you to get the most for each pet type.

And coincidentally, choosing from the bottom up does that.
    edited April 2023
    “Right,
    so why you gotta choose magic last?

(going from bottom up is not right too, special move/ability in wrong order from bottom up even)

why is it even giving you the option to choose magic first if you should choose them in a certain order?

Shouldn’t it only present you with area to choose (if you wanted area)
    then only present you with special move
    then only present you with special ability
    then present you with magic to choose?

I know how much I had to experiment to correct wiki and simplify instructions, new player got no chance at first attempt following only in game menu instructions”

edited April 2023
    That is why players should go to the best Animal Training Forum on the internet.

At least there is a forum for that.

Where is the Forum that tells players the ins and outs of PvP?  That yall think every player should be able to do.

Maybe shoots and Ladders is a better game for you.
This discussion has been closed.