Scripting and Powerscrolls

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "i am wondering,  barrab potions that you get - only in trammel.

How much would their value be if they weren't used in pvp..
    you think you would be selling them for 1.75mill per to treasure hunters?

I can't remember EVER reading thread saying, please let these spawn in fel...

armor/jewellery you find from Arrarat, you think Pawain would be paying you 1 plat for an antique bracelet to use on his tamer for roof?"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Yoshi said:
    "I never once complained that EC can zoom out further than CC,
    all bots are doing is the same as zooming out further to see what is going on, they literally do not do anything in game, just walk, onyl reason they are alive even is to not get ejected to shrine"
    They actually "preserve" players time who can do else while the BOTs do their searching, automatedly....

And that is a hell of a HUGE advantage since, to my viewing, the biggest asset is TIME.

Thus, having BOTs do the searching is a hell of a HUGE advantage, to my opinion.

PvPers who want to look for targets, to my opinion, should go out and ACTIVELY search for them, using their own time in the game, not through automated and scripted BOTs.
    edited April 2023
    "okay then devs, please remove the merchant that barks IDOC location and Krampus,
    make IDOCers go out and search again,

AND remove vendor search please, make everyone manually search
    you want imbue reagent, go spend 1 hour in luna looking manually"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    “ popps, you don’t have to spend any time dealing with the bots, we ignore them.

if enemy comes in more numbers they could win champ, if they come with less numbers, just kill them. 

I don’t think champs were supposed to be solod.

It’s part of game

why does it matter if you get spotted by a bot or you get spotted by the wife?

just always be prepared.

bots will stop when town crier barks that champ is being worked same as Krampus .

People used to run bots all over land to find idocs, so they made merchant bark location.
    complain about town crier not yet barking location instead of complaining about the bots.

tackle the cause of the crime”

@ Kyronix , could you please kindly make it impossible the use of Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams and add 115 Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests ?

You want the scrolls?  Go get them.  There is nothing stopping you except yourself.

When Zipactriotl was new, I knew that the Moonstone Crystal would be a highly desirable item.  So I farmed it somewhat heavily.  I sold a few of them on LS for AT LEAST a plat.  That took A LOT less time than rolling the dice on Powerscrolls.

It's the same for Shadowguard.  I have 3 active (non-EJ) accounts.  When I farmed it heavily, did I get as many Cameos as I wanted?  No.  But I still got them and sold them - one was even an "Owned By" Demon Slayer.

For everyone that's been DEMANDING Powerscrolls in Trammel for the past 500 years, let me ask you a question.  Are you going to go out and farm them?  Considering the state of UO in 2023, you could literally farm them NOW, if you take the effort to do some research on it.  But you don't, even though it's been many years since the large pvp guilds controlled the market.

Since I know nobody is going to take the effort to farm scrolls even if they SHOULD somehow be added to Trammel, why do you keep asking for it?  Besides, y'know, just taking content away from pvp'ers...when you don't want to ****ing bother with Fel at all.  If anything, the Felucca ruleset should get MORE content; how many years has it been since the devs gave us anything?  Yet, even despite the obvious bias towards a certain playstyle, you don't hear us complaining anywhere near as often as you do.
    Then, why not add, finally 115s to Treasure Chests ?

It would still require effort and time to get matching 115s to bind them into a 120, doing Spawns would still be more efficient and less time consuming.

So why not add 115s to Treasure Chests ? I see no valid arguments to oppose this change.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904

popps said:

PvPers who want to look for targets, to my opinion, should go out and ACTIVELY search for them, using their own time in the game, not through automated and scripted BOTs.
       This wouldn't stop people from whining about powerscrolls only being in fel.  because people were whining about it before Bots became so prevalent.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2023
    "also, remove player owned vendor NPCs completely, they are logged in all day and sell items for owners.

they are bots no?

make player spend their time selling their stuff......"
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    CovenantX said:
    Yoshi said:
    "okay so if poeple pay a poor China man to run around in a circle all day and message us its okay?"
      Absolutely, but you and i both know that was never a reality.

I think it was in World of Warcraft where the expression came from ?
    popps said:

I have often heard the argument, that Trammel players should just go farm to no end, spawns in Trammel, to get high value items to then sell them, so as to be able to fund their 120s purchasing needs from Felucca PvPers....

You may be surprised, Felucca pvpers, do all of these activities, and far harder than Trammel players, we know what we are talking about when we suggest these ideas - we are doing them ourselves, and this is how we make our gold...

Powerscrolls, are almost us just letting our hair down, and playing the game.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    popps said:
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    “ popps, you don’t have to spend any time dealing with the bots, we ignore them.

if enemy comes in more numbers they could win champ, if they come with less numbers, just kill them. 

I don’t think champs were supposed to be solod.

It’s part of game

why does it matter if you get spotted by a bot or you get spotted by the wife?

just always be prepared.

bots will stop when town crier barks that champ is being worked same as Krampus .

People used to run bots all over land to find idocs, so they made merchant bark location.
    complain about town crier not yet barking location instead of complaining about the bots.

tackle the cause of the crime”

@ Kyronix , could you please kindly make it impossible the use of Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams and add 115 Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests ?

You want the scrolls?  Go get them.  There is nothing stopping you except yourself.

When Zipactriotl was new, I knew that the Moonstone Crystal would be a highly desirable item.  So I farmed it somewhat heavily.  I sold a few of them on LS for AT LEAST a plat.  That took A LOT less time than rolling the dice on Powerscrolls.

It's the same for Shadowguard.  I have 3 active (non-EJ) accounts.  When I farmed it heavily, did I get as many Cameos as I wanted?  No.  But I still got them and sold them - one was even an "Owned By" Demon Slayer.

For everyone that's been DEMANDING Powerscrolls in Trammel for the past 500 years, let me ask you a question.  Are you going to go out and farm them?  Considering the state of UO in 2023, you could literally farm them NOW, if you take the effort to do some research on it.  But you don't, even though it's been many years since the large pvp guilds controlled the market.

Since I know nobody is going to take the effort to farm scrolls even if they SHOULD somehow be added to Trammel, why do you keep asking for it?  Besides, y'know, just taking content away from pvp'ers...when you don't want to ****ing bother with Fel at all.  If anything, the Felucca ruleset should get MORE content; how many years has it been since the devs gave us anything?  Yet, even despite the obvious bias towards a certain playstyle, you don't hear us complaining anywhere near as often as you do.
    Then, why not add, finally 115s to Treasure Chests ?

It would still require effort and time to get matching 115s to bind them into a 120, doing Spawns would still be more efficient and less time consuming.

So why not add 115s to Treasure Chests ? I see no valid arguments to oppose this change.

Why not go do spawns and get your own scrolls?  You're clearly underestimating how much non-pvp content the pvp'ers in this game actually do.  Before the devs fixed some of the bugs with Shadowguard, I would run it...3x a day, I believe?  Each run took just over an hour, start to finish.  @CovenantX was one of my guildmates at the time & he brought a few chars as well.  Same when we went through the post-revamp Doom.  We also ran Zipactriotl when it was added.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    gay said:
    If you think that your inability to get powerscrolls for free or free from harassment should be directly tied to your subscription, you're wrong. As you said it yourself, you're a tamer and as a tamer you have PLENTY of ways to fund the cost of paying for scrolls, especially right now as they're at an all time low currently.

I'm somewhat tempted to do a sort of "zero to hero" tamer thing, as there are a plethora of activities a tamer can do to generate wealth that doesn't require their pets to be scrolled to 120.
    Just things off the top of my head are:
    • Farming cu sidhes, or other different hued spawning mobs that have a wide range of stats and skills.
    • Medusa, slither and +15 mystic staff
    • Lady Mel, hair dyes and crimsons
    • Travesty, travesty masks
    • Plunderbeacons, tritons
    • Not doing tmaps
    You pay a subscription to have a normal bank, a house, access to vendor search text search, and for whatever means of enjoyment you receive from the game. If you don't enjoy activities that generate the wealth that would allow you to buy scrolls, then adventure out and do the spawns yourself. If you don't enjoy the thought of getting raided, then do the spawns in Ilshenar and bind the scrolls. If you don't enjoy any of that, then that really is just your problem, and you should sort it out yourself because the alternative options are already there.
    Too bad, though, that, as players know, items from Trammel which have a high value, for example Cameos, Slithers and so forth, have way, but way lower chances to show up as compared to 120s at Champion Spawns.

Oh, do they?  Let's see.  The skills that do NOT appear on scrolls from Fel Champ Spawns:
    Blacksmithy
    Imbuing
    Tailoring
    Fishing

By my count, that's a pool of 33 different skills that can potentially be awarded.  Then you have the skill caps of 110, 115, and 120, with at least 6 scrolls guaranteed after every spawn.  Do you REALLY think it's easier to get 120's than it is something good from Shadowguard?  Because, to be perfectly honest, it isn't.
    Total agreement better odds of a cameo than the specific ps you're after 
    Cookie said:
    CovenantX said:
    Yoshi said:
    "okay so if poeple pay a poor China man to run around in a circle all day and message us its okay?"
      Absolutely, but you and i both know that was never a reality.

I think it was in World of Warcraft where the expression came from ?
    Haha   Not sure, but I remember people in vent (I played UO with) saying it too, but probably, wow or EQ.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    drcossack said:

Why not go do spawns and get your own scrolls?  You're clearly underestimating how much non-pvp content the pvp'ers in this game actually do.  Before the devs fixed some of the bugs with Shadowguard, I would run it...3x a day, I believe?  Each run took just over an hour, start to finish.  @ CovenantX was one of my guildmates at the time & he brought a few chars as well.  Same when we went through the post-revamp Doom.  We also ran Zipactriotl when it was added.
        yea, I always did SG at least 3x when i'd go there, it's not worth my time logging in 7+ accounts (depending on how many people are going with me, capped at 10 party size), for only 1 or 2 runs.  I've never gone more than 8 runs though, cause then i gotta go get another circle with my weavers... not worth.  any interruption while playing legitimately becomes just another hassle.

Then knowing that bots are doing things with minimal or no human interaction, that's why I don't farm much of anything else anymore.  I only do things bots haven't completely f**ked yet. -we need new content...
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    popps said:
    gay said:
    If you think that your inability to get powerscrolls for free or free from harassment should be directly tied to your subscription, you're wrong. As you said it yourself, you're a tamer and as a tamer you have PLENTY of ways to fund the cost of paying for scrolls, especially right now as they're at an all time low currently.

I'm somewhat tempted to do a sort of "zero to hero" tamer thing, as there are a plethora of activities a tamer can do to generate wealth that doesn't require their pets to be scrolled to 120.
    • Farming cu sidhes, or other different hued spawning mobs that have a wide range of stats and skills.
    • Not doing tmaps
    You pay a subscription to have a normal bank, a house, access to vendor search text search, and for whatever means of enjoyment you receive from the game. If you don't enjoy activities that generate the wealth that would allow you to buy scrolls, then adventure out and do the spawns yourself. If you don't enjoy the thought of getting raided, then do the spawns in Ilshenar and bind the scrolls. If you don't enjoy any of that, then that really is just your problem, and you should sort it out yourself because the alternative options are already there.
    I have often heard the argument, that Trammel players should just go farm to no end, spawns in Trammel, to get high value items to then sell them, so as to be able to fund their 120s purchasing needs from Felucca PvPers....

Too bad, though, that, as players know, items from Trammel which have a high value, for example Cameos, Slithers and so forth, have way, but way lower chances to show up as compared to 120s at Champion Spawns.

That is, a Design ( @ Kyronix ? ) that was to force Trammel players to get into a long and tedious farming for high value items in Trammel in order to then be able to "afford" the extremely high prices of needed 120s from PvPers (120s which Trammel players likely need in large numbers, for characters and pets....) risks very much to have some among these Trammel players to get "burnt out" from so much repetitive farming and, thus, get alienated from the game, no longer feeling to log in because having had enough of that repetitive farming.....

That is, to my opinion, such a Design risks losing players to the game....

Add 115s to Treasure Chests, and have players be able, still with significant effort and time to be invested in the game, but at least a reasonable one this way, to bind them into 120s.

Binding 110s into 120s is NOT a reasonable nor viable possibility, to my opinion.

How isn't it? If you're doing spawns in trammel, you don't deserve to have the high end scroll drops because you are taking no risk. If you want the high value scrolls then you either run the risk of having your spawn contested, or you choose to take an alternatively longer route of binding scrolls. It's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

Ultimately your problem isn't that 120s don't drop in trammel. Your problem is that atl has five different guilds that use bots to scout spawns on atl, and on every other American shard there is a guild that uses bots to scout spawns that runs all day, every single day, they have Japanese player who runs them during JST and an American player who runs them during MST. This leaves little chance for legitimate players to actually do any spawns without being caught and raided, and if you're unable to contest with a PK guild who will bring 10-20 people to raid a spawn then you're at a disadvantage.

What you're asking the devs to do is to further cater to the botters and change the game around the way that they bot, instead of hiring GMs with more than three braincells remaining that are capable of actioning these super obvious bots.

It has always been the design of this game to have a risk for reward based participation model, it's why felucca still exists. You cannot have your cake, and eat it too.

Also what are these "high prices" you speak of?
    120 Resisting Spells, 60m
    120 Tactics 80m
    120 Anatomy 25m
    120 Parry 70m
    120 Wrestling 20m
    120 Focus 20m
    120 Med 20m

Scrolls are currently at the lowest cost since the taming changes happened, personally I wouldn't even consider farming them at all for those values.

Things that are easier to get that have higher values and are trammel only: Despicable Quiver, Slither, Jewelry from UWB.

And as far as "high value items from trammel" go. Every high end, multi plat splintering bokuto, no dachi, and wakizashi you see in game came from Fan Dancer Dojo (Onis and Fan Dancers) or Yomatsu MInes (Yomatsu Elders), both trammel dungeons. The majority of every other splintering weapon came from the same place as a byproduct of farming for those specific samurai empire weapons. Szavetra in sanctuary and Lurg in Painted Caves are sustained sources of legendary armor, jewels, and weapons with original + ML loottables, and are only farmed because they get extra luck being in felucca, and throw away EJ armies of 10 chrs which cost about 500m to make can put on cheap luck suits and farm for 1-2 weeks before being banned, easily making that 500m investment back.

We've been at this discussion for decades nothing has changed except pvpers have just taken to earning thier own cameo and other tram rewards while trammies have gotten no better at spawns 
    Grimbeard said:
    We've been at this discussion for decades nothing has changed except pvpers have just taken to earning thier own cameo and other tram rewards while trammies have gotten no better at spawns 
       take the time to learn pvp like literally every fel player has done.
      It's not that you can't it's that you don't want to.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    Grimbeard said:

That's because we approach the game differently and with different mindsets. Pvpers look at the mechanics of the game, break them down and play around them, trammies largely look at the monsters in the game, put on their biggest slayer, and AI until it dies without any further thought to it. There are very few exceptions to that generalization, for example the CAH members are some of the only trammies I've ever met who actually work around the mechanics of the game instead of being mindless drones.
    CovenantX said:
    Grimbeard said:

I didn't say me i do spawns fine
    edited April 2023
    “Go to Luna mint, there are 20 people afk. You going to ban all them?

if you plot a course on a map and give it to the tillerman, you’re not allowed to go afk on the boat? Your char is moving along a plotted course afk…

all scout bots are doing is following plotted course same as being afk on boat with tillerman following plotted course.

go report afk farmers who are killing things in fandancer dungeon and actually interacting in game.

if someone has bard following their char for buffs, that bard is performing action - giving buff to player, it’s more action than scout bot is doing that does nothing but look”
    Yoshi said:
    "also, remove player owned vendor NPCs completely, they are logged in all day and sell items for owners.

they are bots no?

make player spend their time selling their stuff......"
    Nice try, but that is apples and oranges, me thinks...

The players using hidden, stealthing free EJ BOT Cams are only able to do it because they use unauthorized, to my understanding illegal (against the TOS) Third Party utilities which permit them to run very complex scripts AND send notices to Discord Channels for players to see and Raid spawns ....

Hardly something in respect of the Ultima Online TOS, to my understanding....
    gay said:
    popps said:
    gay said:

• Not doing tmaps

That is, a Design ( @ Kyronix ? ) that was to force Trammel players to get into a long and tedious farming for high value items in Trammel in order to then be able to "afford" the extremely high prices of needed 120s from PvPers (120s which Trammel players likely need in large numbers, for characters and pets....) risks very much to have some among these Trammel players to get "burnt out" from so much repetitive farming and, thus, get alienated from the game, no longer feeling to log in because having had enough of that repetitive farming.....

Add 115s to Treasure Chests, and have players be able, still with significant effort and time to be invested in the game, but at least a reasonable one this way, to bind them into 120s.

Binding 110s into 120s is NOT a reasonable nor viable possibility, to my opinion.

How isn't it? If you're doing spawns in trammel, you don't deserve to have the high end scroll drops because you are taking no risk. If you want the high value scrolls then you either run the risk of having your spawn contested, or you choose to take an alternatively longer route of binding scrolls. It's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

Ultimately your problem isn't that 120s don't drop in trammel. Your problem is that atl has five different guilds that use bots to scout spawns on atl, and on every other American shard there is a guild that uses bots to scout spawns that runs all day, every single day, they have Japanese player who runs them during JST and an American player who runs them during MST. This leaves little chance for legitimate players to actually do any spawns without being caught and raided, and if you're unable to contest with a PK guild who will bring 10-20 people to raid a spawn then you're at a disadvantage.

What you're asking the devs to do is to further cater to the botters and change the game around the way that they bot, instead of hiring GMs with more than three braincells remaining that are capable of actioning these super obvious bots.

It has always been the design of this game to have a risk for reward based participation model, it's why felucca still exists. You cannot have your cake, and eat it too.

120 Tactics 80m
    120 Anatomy 25m
    120 Parry 70m
    120 Wrestling 20m
    120 Focus 20m
    120 Med 20m

Scrolls are currently at the lowest cost since the taming changes happened, personally I wouldn't even consider farming them at all for those values.

Things that are easier to get that have higher values and are trammel only: Despicable Quiver, Slither, Jewelry from UWB.

And as far as "high value items from trammel" go. Every high end, multi plat splintering bokuto, no dachi, and wakizashi you see in game came from Fan Dancer Dojo (Onis and Fan Dancers) or Yomatsu MInes (Yomatsu Elders), both trammel dungeons. The majority of every other splintering weapon came from the same place as a byproduct of farming for those specific samurai empire weapons. Szavetra in sanctuary and Lurg in Painted Caves are sustained sources of legendary armor, jewels, and weapons with original + ML loottables, and are only farmed because they get extra luck being in felucca, and throw away EJ armies of 10 chrs which cost about 500m to make can put on cheap luck suits and farm for 1-2 weeks before being banned, easily making that 500m investment back.

If you want the high value scrolls then you either run the risk of having your spawn contested, or you choose to take an alternatively longer route of binding scrolls. It's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

Yes, but wanting players to bind 110s into 120s off of Treasure Chests is, to my opinion, an unreasonable proposition.... in order to gather from Treasure chests 120 "matching" 110s which are needed to bind a 120, not only a lot more of 120 Treasure Maps would need to be gathered, chests locations found, Guardians fought, but this would take an enormous investment of time.

So much enormous, that it makes it a futile and impossible task.

Different it would be, if Treasure Chests were to be made possible to also spawn 115 powerscrolls..... then, while binding "matching" 115s into 120s would still take a significant effort and investment of time, at least , it would become more reasonable as doing it off of 110s which is basically an impossible task, way too much time consuming...

Those players wanting 120s faster could still do Champion Spawns but at least, those players unable to do Champion Spawns could still have a reasonably feasible alternate way to earn on their own 120s through the binding of 115s.

120 Tactics 80m
    120 Anatomy 25m
    120 Parry 70m
    120 Wrestling 20m
    120 Focus 20m
    120 Med 20m

Some might not consider those prices as high, I guess it all depends on the ingame wealth of the player....regardless though, the real issue usually is, especially for players having Tamers, that players need "multiples" of those 120s.... not just one of each, but several, sometimes many of each.... so, those costs eventually add up and can easily become hundreds of millions of ingame gold...
  • Don't get me wrong, I am sure some people can and do farm scrolls without any issues, we have counted the number of times we did fel champs and where raided by the same person. 19 from 20 to the point when we login we get this in gen...

Where does harassment start? Some of the people i have been doing fel with have now left the game due to this.

• popps said: 

Yes, but wanting players to bind 110s into 120s off of Treasure Chests is, to my opinion, an unreasonable proposition.... in order to gather from Treasure chests 120 "matching" 110s which are needed to bind a 120, not only a lot more of 120 Treasure Maps would need to be gathered, chests locations found, Guardians fought, but this would take an enormous investment of time.

Or you can spend 15-30 mins per spawn trying to get the 120's you want. your call. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• 120's should be on a tree in trammel that when you reach a certain point system reward you can pick one OF YOUR CHOICE! stops the RMTS, stops the smack talk in fel, win win
    “If they are smack talking you in gen chat
    and raiding your spawn

they are probably not afk…”
    @popps you fail to understand it might take 25 spawns for you to get that 120 tactics also a huge investment in time with a much higher risk than treasure hunting 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    edited April 2023
    CovenantX said:

gay said:
     for example the CAH members are some of the only trammies I've ever met who actually work around the mechanics of the game instead of being mindless drones.
    These are two perfect examples of what's so frustrating about some of you. You think you're these big tough Feluccians and the rest of us are wimpy Trammies with weak mindsets. Or we're lazy Trammies looking for an easy button. Seriously, @$#% all the way off.

Covenant, get lost with your trammies don't want to learn to pvp. And you too, gay, with your 'mindless drone' BS.

You don't know the people you're trashing. You have no idea what their history with the game is. And you don't have some deep insight into the psychological profiles of the "Trammie" player.

I'm sure I'm not the only one left who was talking to developers on the old Crossroads message boards before the game even went gold. And I'm not the only player left who started playing during beta testing. And not the only one left who...

Had to cover everything in their backpack with a pile of death robes to keep reags, weapons and housekeys from being stolen.

Had reds (a group of course, not one on one) routinely camp outside your house, trying over and over again, to kill you for your key.

Had their housekey finally stolen after getting gang-ganked at the front door, ending with their house ransacked and looted. This did not happen to me. But it did happen to many.

Had reds come and kill you repeatedly on the porch of your classic forge while you worked your blacksmithing skill. Or when you were trying to decorate with holiday art, mostly homemade. And not because they could loot anything after their mass ebolting, but just for fun.

Had to deal with cheaters pretty much right from the start. And not a small cheat. I'm talking about groups being able to recall into a dungeon and lock everyone up in freezing lag. When you could finally move again you woke up dead and looted and not a red in sight. It took devs awhile on this one. They couldn't figure it out at first. I still don't know what voodoo was used to make it happen. I remember something about 'pinging the server' repeatedly, locked everyone up, except themselves, I guess. Black magic for sure. It sucked, that much I know.

Had to fight and die over and over again, trying to hang on to ore and ingots being gathered.

Had to endlessly deal with players for whom the harassment and griefing of others was the fun bit for them.

This list could go on and on and on. My real point is, I had a butt ton of fun regardless. I'm not saying I didn't often hate these things happening to me. I did; it was often very frustrating. Particularly when you had x-amount of time to play and you wanted to get something accomplished but pvpers had other plans. Sometimes it was enough to make you cry! lol But sometimes that was a big part of the fun too. And nothing from the list above is what made me leave UO. What made me leave was when they split the world in two.

I wanted a different solution to dealing with a long list of things that were driving players away from UO. I hated what the split did to the player population. More than that I hated how it changed gameplay. Very particularly I hated how, if you wanted to live without some of the things from the bummer list, you had to go live where a push-through code was added that completely took the challenge out of PvE. Something about how...well, if we don't let you push through everything there'll be players who'll keep griefing by blocking egress with crates and blah blah. Boooooo!

But the real capper for me was, and maybe this does speak to my psychological makeup, I couldn't take what had happened to the Felucca landscape. I really was so sad to see the trees die. That seemed like such a wicked punishment that wasn't deserved for those that wanted to stay in Felucca. So, I quit.

When I came back years later, I did return to Felucca but kept an eye open for a particular area in Trammel to open up. I wanted to live in a green UO landscape again. 

You guys don't know me or other players living in Trammel like you think you do. We're a long way down the road now with many changes and additions to UO having come along. Like I said before, I'm really no fan of power scrolls. And it's not that I don't agree with idea that concentrating on gameplay instead of complaining is often very good advice. 

That said, sometimes it's not a bad thing to be a squeaky wheel. I think how difficult and expensive it is to acquire power scrolls for your pets or for avatars with skillsets you've yet to explore. Or if you're just trying to effectively take part in PvE, PvM and the limited time events that come along, can be very frustrating.

I think there's a big disconnect between players, like me, who for many weeks might not log in for anything other than refreshing ships, and players who play UO almost every day. Often for a large number of hours.

I mean, telling someone all they need to do, in order to get power scrolls, is take the time to make 7xs GM's on multiple shards. So, they can take part in all the EM events. So, they can sell their prizes for lots of gold. So, they can go buy their wanted PS's, is pretty funny! And a huge disconnect from a player that just told you they can't devote that kind of time to UO. 

I chimed in because, yeah, I think a change should come to getting these scrolls. I think the system for binding scrolls could be called broken, if it sucks so bad no one bothers to use it. Seems like it could use a tweak. Or something altogether new should be added. A time sink, an additional method of cooperative play that doesn't include bots and pkers. I don't care.

One thing I know for sure. If, for a myriad of valid reasons, a change does come, I'm not going to worry one bit about hurting the feelings of pvpers who want to keep complete control of most of the scrolls and want to call me, or anyone else, weak minded, lazy and selfish, because we think it's time for a change. 

edited for typo
    Lot in that post, I'm not going to focus on all of it, just pick out what I believe is the main source of your frustration.

If you are only logging in once, every few weeks, you are going to find it hard. End of story. Do you think the game should be revolved around you, and give you free and easy powerscrolls? How is that going to effect everyone else, and the game itself?
    You see, when you get down to it, this is basically what you are asking for. You may be asking for it for all the right reasons - "You can play 1 hour a month, how can you make this easier for me?" - but really, should the game be catering for you? Can it cater to that playstyle? So basically, we are right, from our perspective, you are asking for it to be made a lot easier - what will this do to the rest of us, if we log in for 1 hour a month, achieve everything, then have nothing else to do?

I've got no issues the game trying to cater for your playstyle in certain areas, but is powerscrolls the place to do it?

LilyGrace said:I think there's a big disconnect between players, like me, who for many weeks might not log in for anything other than refreshing ships, and players who play UO almost every day. Often for a large number of hours.

LilyGrace said:
    CovenantX said:

gay said:
     for example the CAH members are some of the only trammies I've ever met who actually work around the mechanics of the game instead of being mindless drones.
    These are two perfect examples of what's so frustrating about some of you. You think you're these big tough Feluccians and the rest of us are wimpy Trammies with weak mindsets. Or we're lazy Trammies looking for an easy button. Seriously, @ $#% all the way off.

Covenant, get lost with your trammies don't want to learn to pvp. And you too, gay, with your 'mindless drone' BS.

You don't know the people you're trashing. You have no idea what their history with the game is. And you don't have some deep insight into the psychological profiles of the "Trammie" player.

I'm sure I'm not the only one left who was talking to developers on the old Crossroads message boards before the game even went gold. And I'm not the only player left who started playing during beta testing. And not the only one left who...

Had to cover everything in their backpack with a pile of death robes to keep reags, weapons and housekeys from being stolen.

Had reds (a group of course, not one on one) routinely camp outside your house, trying over and over again, to kill you for your key.

Had their housekey finally stolen after getting gang-ganked at the front door, ending with their house ransacked and looted. This did not happen to me. But it did happen to many.

Had reds come and kill you repeatedly on the porch of your classic forge while you worked your blacksmithing skill. Or when you were trying to decorate with holiday art, mostly homemade. And not because they could loot anything after their mass ebolting, but just for fun.

Had to deal with cheaters pretty much right from the start. And not a small cheat. I'm talking about groups being able to recall into a dungeon and lock everyone up in freezing lag. When you could finally move again you woke up dead and looted and not a red in sight. It took devs awhile on this one. They couldn't figure it out at first. I still don't know what voodoo was used to make it happen. I remember something about 'pinging the server' repeatedly, locked everyone up, except themselves, I guess. Black magic for sure. It sucked, that much I know.

Had to fight and die over and over again, trying to hang on to ore and ingots being gathered.

Had to endlessly deal with players for whom the harassment and griefing of others was the fun bit for them.

This list could go on and on and on. My real point is, I had a butt ton of fun regardless. I'm not saying I didn't often hate these things happening to me. I did; it was often very frustrating. Particularly when you had x-amount of time to play and you wanted to get something accomplished but pvpers had other plans. Sometimes it was enough to make you cry! lol But sometimes that was a big part of the fun too. And nothing from the list above is what made me leave UO. What made me leave was when they split the world in two.

I wanted a different solution to dealing with a long list of things that were driving players away from UO. I hated what the split did to the player population. More than that I hated how it changed gameplay. Very particularly I hated how, if you wanted to live without some of the things from the bummer list, you had to go live where a push-through code was added that completely took the challenge out of PvE. Something about how...well, if we don't let you push through everything there'll be players who'll keep griefing by blocking egress with crates and blah blah. Boooooo!

But the real capper for me was, and maybe this does speak to my psychological makeup, I couldn't take what had happened to the Felucca landscape. I really was so sad to see the trees die. That seemed like such a wicked punishment that wasn't deserved for those that wanted to stay in Felucca. So, I quit.

When I came back years later, I did return to Felucca but kept an eye open for a particular area in Trammel to open up. I wanted to live in a green UO landscape again. 

You guys don't know me or other players living in Trammel like you think you do. We're a long way down the road now with many changes and additions to UO having come along. Like I said before, I'm really no fan of power scrolls. And it's not that I don't agree with idea that concentrating on gameplay instead of complaining is often very good advice. 

That said, sometimes it's not a bad thing to be a squeaky wheel. I think how difficult and expensive it is to acquire power scrolls for your pets or for avatars with skillsets you've yet to explore. Or if you're just trying to effectively take part in PvE, PvM and the limited time events that come along, can be very frustrating.

I think there's a big disconnect between players, like me, who for many weeks might not log in for anything other than refreshing ships, and players who play UO almost every day. Often for a large number of hours.

I mean, telling someone all they need to do, in order to get power scrolls, is take the time to make 7xs GM's on multiple shards. So, they can take part in all the EM events. So, they can sell their prizes for lots of gold. So, they can go buy their wanted PS's, is pretty funny! And a huge disconnect from a player that just told you they can't devote that kind of time to UO. 

I chimed in because, yeah, I think a change should come to getting these scrolls. I think the system for binding scrolls could be called broken, if it sucks so bad no one bothers to use it. Seems like it could use a tweak. Or something altogether new should be added. A time sink, an additional method of cooperative play that doesn't include bots and pkers. I don't care.

One thing I know for sure. If, for a myriad of valid reasons, a change does come, I'm not going to worry one bit about hurting the feelings of pvpers who want to keep complete control of most of the scrolls and want to call me, or anyone else, weak minded, lazy and selfish, because we think it's time for a change. 

edited for typo
    To try and think about it differently for you.

Join one of the Felucca guilds, who hunt the powerscrolls, it is usually a team affair, it is not about holding or controlling as you portray it. Yes, for sure, we are prepared to fight, raid or defend for what we earn as such.
    As you interact, and get to know players, make friends, and "trade" socially, it is highly likely you will be given whatever powerscrolls you need, if for personal use.

Don't be trying to play a team game, solo, from Trammel, with no community help, you are making it hard for yourself. Then from such a position of weakness, you are asking for the whole game to be made easier, to suit your playstyle of say 1 hour per month.

Yes, I play this game around the clock, it is integrated into my life, I talk to my guild in Discord the whole time, yet still somehow, I manage to have a life :)

popps said:
    gay said:
    popps said:
    gay said:

• Not doing tmaps

120 Tactics 80m
    120 Anatomy 25m
    120 Parry 70m
    120 Wrestling 20m
    120 Focus 20m
    120 Med 20m

If you want the high value scrolls then you either run the risk of having your spawn contested, or you choose to take an alternatively longer route of binding scrolls. It's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

So much enormous, that it makes it a futile and impossible task.

Different it would be, if Treasure Chests were to be made possible to also spawn 115 powerscrolls..... then, while binding "matching" 115s into 120s would still take a significant effort and investment of time, at least , it would become more reasonable as doing it off of 110s which is basically an impossible task, way too much time consuming...

Those players wanting 120s faster could still do Champion Spawns but at least, those players unable to do Champion Spawns could still have a reasonably feasible alternate way to earn on their own 120s through the binding of 115s.

120 Tactics 80m
    120 Anatomy 25m
    120 Parry 70m
    120 Wrestling 20m
    120 Focus 20m
    120 Med 20m

Some might not consider those prices as high, I guess it all depends on the ingame wealth of the player....regardless though, the real issue usually is, especially for players having Tamers, that players need "multiples" of those 120s.... not just one of each, but several, sometimes many of each.... so, those costs eventually add up and can easily become hundreds of millions of ingame gold...

You don't actually need to invest 120s into your pet, unless you're using a pre patched WW or a bugged dragon with chiv/AI the the damage difference is miniscule. 120s are an investment you make to max out a pet. Personally the most important one in there would be Wrestling, and it's also one of the cheapest, everything else is fine with 110/115 on a pet, and by no means is a poor or even new tamer required to jump immediately into an 7-9x120 pet before being able to do anything.

You don't seem to remember that scroll binding was the solution for players who didn't want to venture into fel for their 120s. You never used to be able to bind them prior to their release. The devs reluctantly compromised back then, and now you're asking that they completely throw in the towel because players would rather not take a chance and play the other half of the game. So no, I think it's completely feasible for someone to bind scrolls in the way it's currently set up.
    LilyGrace said:
    CovenantX said:

gay said:
    These are two perfect examples of what's so frustrating about some of you. You think you're these big tough Feluccians and the rest of us are wimpy Trammies with weak mindsets. Or we're lazy Trammies looking for an easy button. Seriously, @ $#% all the way off.

edited for typo

Let's summarize this entire wall of text real quick.
    1. You've played for a long time, so you feel like you know everything there is to know.
    2. You're complaining about not being able to afford the things you want, while simultaneously not wanting to be told that they way to make the gold to afford those things is to simply play the game better than you are now.

When the game released in 97 I was 9 years old, I grew up playing this game on one of the most heavily populated PK servers at the time, Baja, I don't even think that I know everything about this game.

You complained "oh so I have to do EM events which requires me to make multiple high end suited and scrolls characters to compete. Which is untrue, and when I pointed out the bare minimum of what you have to do, you're now throwing a fit because I "shouldn't tell you that's what you have to do for that". It's literally as simple as getting looting rights to get a drop, that's it. EM Events is only one method of making easy gold with very minimal time investment, and personally I don't even do it anymore because I think the EM program has done nothing but created a cancer in the game and the remaining community.

At the end of the day, play the game the way you want to play it, but don't throw a fit and start demanding changes just because the way you prefer to play it isn't as profitable as other ways to play. Because the option to do something different is and has always been there.
This discussion has been closed.