Scripting and Powerscrolls

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "roof - cameo"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    CovenantX said:
    Keep in mind, the prices of items probably wouldn't be anywhere near what they are if bots weren't rampant farming a multitude of content, adding more gold & items into circulation.

Do BOTs really pick up gold.  When we were doing the Easter Egg Spawn very few of us picked up gold so even the Tram folk are not really picking up gold
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2023
    LilyGrace said:
    Fair enough, gay, but you didn’t specify who you were addressing and I made an assumption based on what I read in the posts that followed mine. It made it easy to think you were addressing me. *shrug*
    Trammel EM events, once a month on every server.
    ONLY in Trammel, reward drops worth 150m-1plat per month.
    Problem solved, you can log in for 1 hour a month, and still get scrolls.
    Why are you still complaining, PvPers have to go through a lot more than this.

IDOCS, every single day.

As Yoshi has clearly been saying, there are many many ways for you to craft, pvm in RISK FREE Trammel, and find currency to trade and interact, this really is the point of the entire game.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Yoshi said:
    "roof - cameo"
    It's easier for a pvper to make a character capable of doing roof or uwb then it is for someone to build a pvper now even if the pvper not using illegal client just the fact that they have better macro settings and the decades of practice makes it a steep learning curve i would venture that even someone who pvped back in the day would be destroyed by the weakest current pvper 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    edited April 2023
    Can anyone explain to me why they bothered to put in a system of binding scrolls that no one wants to use?

edit - risk free isn’t really the point either. With insurance everything is risk free except, regarding this topic, the cursed scrolls themselves. I just don’t see why there can’t be an investment of time made that leads to the scrolls that actually works in a way that would interest players. 

Seems to me binding the scrolls was meant to be that but really didn’t pan out that way. 
    edited April 2023
    Let me preface by saying I don't pvp, am just a peaceful Trammy Tamer with a dream that one day nobody see's Red, Orange or Blue just shades of Grey. Being a tamer I need scrolls for pets, not being a pvper its nigh impossible.

Essentially players are extorted into paying as ej accounts cant get scrolls to drop in fel, however once you pay you realize You still cant get a scroll because you are raided 100 percent of the time by scripters (the majority for RMT's).

i use this term loosely "Dev team" wont allow 120 scrolls to drop in Tram, why?

So they extort you to pay then allow RMT's to steal what you work so hard to get and expect you to pay again for the scrolls?

"Essentially players are extorted into paying as ej accounts cant get scrolls to drop in fel, however once you pay you realize You still cant get a scroll because you are raided 100 percent of the time by scripters (the majority for RMT's)."

This is emotive and factually incorrect.

"So they extort you to pay then allow RMT's to steal what you work so hard to get and expect you to pay again for the scrolls?"

This is emotive and factually incorrect.

"i use this term loosely "Dev team" wont allow 120 scrolls to drop in Tram, why?"

Because, you make emotive and factually incorrect statements the whole time.

On the issue of Bots - I do not care. Look at the Easter Bunnies, free, on tap, look at the Illshenar Champ spawn, free, on tap spawn in Trammel. Look at Primers. Look at anything Trammel related - Roof, etc etc. You, we all, get bored very very fast. And stop. And demand new content. Or leave.
    Fel Champ Spawns? Still contentious, still going strong after how many years? Possibly the best content, with the best limiting factors ever placed ingame. Even I, would get bored farming Fel Champ spawns if that is all I was doing. Sometimes, I can almost hear die-hard champ spawners sigh with relief when I raid and kill them. It makes it more, fun, it properly makes it a game. (ok, that last sentence of mine, was emotive :)   )
    Cookie said:
    LilyGrace said:
    Fair enough, gay, but you didn’t specify who you were addressing and I made an assumption based on what I read in the posts that followed mine. It made it easy to think you were addressing me. *shrug*

IDOCS, every single day.

As Yoshi has clearly been saying, there are many many ways for you to craft, pvm in RISK FREE Trammel, and find currency to trade and interact, this really is the point of the entire game.
    You mean EM events that would mean I need to have scrolled up, well trained and well equipped characters fighting on multiple shards so transfers tokens are also needed in order to take part?
    edited April 2023
    LilyGrace said:
    Cookie said:
    LilyGrace said:

IDOCS, every single day.

You mean EM events that would mean I need to have scrolled up, well trained and well equipped characters fighting on multiple shards so transfers tokens are also needed in order to take part?

With respect, you need to learn how to play the game, be pro-active, and learn to think positively for yourself. You seem to only see huge insurmountable obstacles everywhere - I cannot help you with that, I can only advise, that 1,000's of successful players do not have the problems you are having.

For EM events, you can make the most basic healer, with a sorcerers suit, and heal pets, or other players, and get a drop via healing. You can make the most basic thrower.

Rather than telling us what you cannot do the whole time, sit back, and think to yourself, what can you do.

This is the core difference between the mentality of a Feluccan, or Trammel player, it is all in the mind. It's an ideology.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    CovenantX said:
    Keep in mind, the prices of items probably wouldn't be anywhere near what they are if bots weren't rampant farming a multitude of content, adding more gold & items into circulation.

Do BOTs really pick up gold.  When we were doing the Easter Egg Spawn very few of us picked up gold so even the Tram folk are not really picking up gold
        No, i doubt even players pick up gold anymore, for the most part.   I haven't looted gold in like 10 years or so.    

I was just saying that bots have done it in the past,  I used to kill the random bot in Ice dungeon  (farming ice fiends) back in the day cause it was always a reliable source of a bag of sending =D

I don't believe EJ accounts can use a bag of sending, so that may be the reason they don't loot gold as well... aside from the obvious, Inflation.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    LilyGrace said:
    Cookie said:
    LilyGrace said:

IDOCS, every single day.

All you need is looting rights to have a chance to get a drop. How you acquire looting rights is up to you, but you can do it with 7x GM chrs no scrolls at all just doing dmg, you can do it by xhealing people or their pets, hell when I did events in the past I got looting rights and drops by just throwing explode pots that I bought off the NPC on a fresh chr I had just made. EM events are a joke.
    edited April 2023
    Back at ya with the all do respect, but you make it sound like I’m the only player who thinks binding the scrolls ought to actually work reasonably well. Rather than it being a system that’s pretty much entirely ignored because of how time consuming and tedious it is. 

I’m not the one who started this thread and I’m for sure not the only player who’s discussed alternatives to acquiring power scrolls. It’s been discussed many times by many players. 

Creating characters on many shards in order to get occasional drops from EM events in order to afford power scrolls seems like a pretty long and specific way around the barn. 

Edit- I played for years in Felucca. I left when Trammel came to be. These pita power scrolls were here when I came back. Frankly, I think they suck but they seem here to stay. Sooo…
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited April 2023
    Cookie said:

With respect, you need to learn how to play the game, be pro-active, and learn to think positively for yourself. You seem to only see huge insurmountable obstacles everywhere - I cannot help you with that, I can only advise, that 1,000's of successful players do not have the problems you are having.

For EM events, you can make the most basic healer, with a sorcerers suit, and heal pets, or other players, and get a drop via healing. You can make the most basic thrower.

Rather than telling us what you cannot do the whole time, sit back, and think to yourself, what can you do.

This is the core difference between the mentality of a Feluccan, or Trammel player, it is all in the mind. It's an ideology.
    Responding only to the writing style of Cookies post.

Sounds like me when I say stop complaining about XYZ, and play UO. 

I love the tell us about what you can do and not about what you can't do.  I should put that as my Signature. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Cookie said:

Basically this. People who thrive in felucca are the ones who have accepted the risk associated with rewards that they seek. It's a video game, your character dying will happen, be it to another player or an NPC, it's going to happen. And in accepting that risk those players have, generally speaking, learned to fend for themselves when attacked, however regardless of ability to do so, every single one of them started the same way as a new player.

Hell there are players who "accidentally" go orange because they stood in a felucca town that went VvV, and choose to complain nonstop about how they're being "forced to participate in VvV when they go to felucca" because their character is orange while they aren't actually in VvV, yet refuse to resolve it by simply killing themselves and ressing at a shrine to clear the VvV status. Why? Because they are mentally and emotionally unwilling to subject themselves to in game death status, even for a couple seconds. They would rather complain for months about it instead.
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Yoshi said:
    "roof - cameo"
    It's easier for a pvper to make a character capable of doing roof or uwb then it is for someone to build a pvper now even if the pvper not using illegal client just the fact that they have better macro settings and the decades of practice makes it a steep learning curve i would venture that even someone who pvped back in the day would be destroyed by the weakest current pvper 
        if you're half decent at pvp, you can still beat people who are using 'illegal programs' in pvp, you just have to try harder to do the same things, than they do.    with few exceptions, like things that were/are only possible via 'illegal program',    like 'pre-aos stun' a few years ago.

The main thing about the third-party programs (in pvp) is that they allow the player to compensate for bad timing and other 'user errors' which eliminates the things separating the good players from the bad.

Then you have the pvm side of those same third-party programs, botting content to flood the market with items..    We knew, bots were going to ruin global loot cause they'd be the ones constantly raising the bar as to which items are 'good' or not, while non-botters are left behind.

now only top-end items are useful, and the Devs have to introduce rewards for future content to compete with those items..  Basically just an accelerated powercreep because of bots, (even if they do get banned they've done the damage).    It would have eventually happened overtime, even without bots being part of the equation, but nowhere near the rate it has.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2023
    "it's not like the bots are actually farming the scrolls.

I been to some champs fights, have about 30 people turn up, all fighting for an hour. And all some people get out of it are a few 10s...
    way more effort than doing a roof run.

if there were no bots. Scrolls would be farmed by solo sampires until they are thrown in trash for points"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited April 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “ popps, you don’t have to spend any time dealing with the bots, we ignore them.

if enemy comes in more numbers they could win champ, if they come with less numbers, just kill them. 

I don’t think champs were supposed to be solod.

It’s part of game

why does it matter if you get spotted by a bot or you get spotted by the wife?

just always be prepared.

bots will stop when town crier barks that champ is being worked same as Krampus .

People used to run bots all over land to find idocs, so they made merchant bark location.
    complain about town crier not yet barking location instead of complaining about the bots.

tackle the cause of the crime”

It goes without saying, that if BOT Cams spot someone doing a spawn, the Raiders then already know through their CAMs, how many players are doing a spawn....

And of course, it goes without saying then, that the Raiders would then come in a number sufficient enough to easily gank those doing the Spawn.

Sure, those being Raided could have a "backup" party ready to come in support against the Raiders but, at that point, we are no longer talking casual players or a few friends just wanting to do a spawn together, we are talking of organized PvP Guilds who do this in an organized and planned manner.

So, I need to repeat, Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams need to be terminated by the Developers, one way or the other, because while Guilds can adjust to them, casual subscribed and paying players or few friends, cannot.

The only hope for a few friends to get a Spawn done is if they remain unnoticed and the only way to make this possible is if the Developers make it impossible for players to set up Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams.

Or just have 115 finally spawn in Treasure Chests.

@Kyronix , could you please kindly make it impossible the use of Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams and add 115 Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests ?

Thank you so much.

P.S. If players want to find other players to fight them in PvP, they should LOOK for the out of their in-game time.... not conveniently use scripted BOTs or barking NPCs.

PvPers want to find targets to hit ? Well, I am of the opinion that they should go look for them, ACTIVELY, using their in-game time.

Real life hunters, usually, prize the hunt more then the actual kill which only lasts a few seconds if not even less. I do not see why Ultima Online should be any different and serve targets to PvPers on a silver platter be it through BOT Cams or barking NPCs.

Go out and ACTIVELY look for them, using in-game time.

That is the way I see it.
    Pawain said:
    Cookie said:

Responding only to the writing style of Cookies post.

Sounds like me when I say stop complaining about XYZ, and play UO. 

I love the tell us about what you can do and not about what you can't do.  I should put that as my Signature. 
    Thank you, I get tired of these debates, and hearing the same old.

I try to stay polite, but cannot keep the bluntness from coming out.

Often I've had to tone it down 10 times, before I post. :)
    Yoshi said:
    "it's not like the bots are actually farming the scrolls.

I been to some champs fights, have about 30 people turn up, all fighting for an hour. And all some people get out of it are a few 10s...
    way more effort than doing a roof run.

if there were no bots. Scrolls would be farmed by solo sampires until they are thrown in trash for points"
       The motivation to do spawns would increase & as a result, motivation to raid would increase as well.  -obviously it'll take some time for the markets to adjust.

scrolls are already thrown on the ground at luna if they're not top-dollar scrolls, I do it all the time when I farm spawns.  so does literally everyone in my guild.

oddly enough, the 'solo sampires' are likely the ones complaining about being raided all the time. but I wouldn't say they're wrong on the bot & illegal program front (which are basically the same thing), they just seem to expect a 'progression' towards scrolls without the effort to learn pvp, That is what they are wrong on.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    Most pvm players who are willing to venture into Fel for power scrolls will accept the chance that they will be raided. That's the risk. What they will not accept is the absolute certainty that they will be raided because of cheating bots. If it was acceptable for champ spawns to be discovered with no effort on the part of the intending raiders the Exorcism spell would never have been added to Necromancy.

Champ spawns have always been a topic of contention, I even remember one pvper demanding that champion spawns should be banned during the day because he was at school! I mention no names, but maybe I'm not the only player who remembers that? 
    Bots need banning, no matter what they're being used for. They are a blight on the game.
    Petra, because of scripted EJ free BOT Cams that report to Discord Channel activity at Spawns location, it is not a "chance" to get Raided but, unfortunately, pretty much a certainty.....

Now, "if" the Developers were to make the use of these scripted EJ free BOT Cams impossible, and Raiders actually HAD TO actively double check any and all Spawn locations out of their in-game time, walking the land, well, then you could have argument about that "chance" of getting Raided but as it is now, I am sorry, but I cannot agree with you.

Scripted EJ free BOT Cams really NEED TO GO for good.

@Kyronix , any clever Developer idea about how to make them no longer a viable possibility ?
    LilyGrace said:
    Yoshi, I've never played this game in a way that allows me to farm the kind of gold it takes to scroll up character types that I've still never created and played. I simply do not lead the kind of life that has me playing or botting enough to make that kind of gold. And that's not going to change.

So, what are you telling me? My only options for scrolling up new characters is to magically become skilled at pvp so I can survive and or raid Felucca champ spawns? I think that ship has sailed. Better still, should I become proficient at piloting characters using multiple clients, using multiple monitors to increase my chances at getting scrolls? No thanks. 

Or do I need to start playing enough hours to farm enough gold to buy scrolls off you? Or do I have to buy gold with real life monies from "players" who do have the time to farm gold, so I can buy scrolls off you? Or should I just forget scrolling up characters and miss out on pretty much all the game content that's been added, since the advent of PS's, that requires having fully scrolled up avatars to be able to survive and take part in the content? 

Saying I want to move in on the market is bs. I want to invest a reasonable amount of gametime into a system that allows me to eventually earn 120 power scrolls for myself. Why put the system for binding the scrolls in at all if it's so messed up it isn't used?

Why create content that completely depends on your avatars being power-scrolled up and then watch scrolls become increasingly more and more difficult and expensive for the average casual player to obtain them? Not to mention difficult to find because of dwindling populations.

I'm not spending gold at your or anyone else's vendors to get power scrolls, because I don't have the gold to do so. So how am I robbing you if I devote playtime to a reasonably slower, but not impossible, process to earn them? You're not losing a thing. And it's not like you wouldn't be able to bind scrolls more easily too and sell them or use them for yourself. Players that want what they want when they want it aren't going to stop buying your power scrolls.

I don't feel I'm being at all selfish here, Yoshi. I truly don't.

VERY well said.

I really hope that @Kyronix is reading this Thread and finally gets of the opinion, together with the other Developers, of adding 115 Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests,

It would still require a significant time and effort for players to find all matching 115s from Treasure Chests to bind into 120s but, at least, it would now become feasible.

With 110s it simply is not.
    edited April 2023
    The best way to counter scout bots is the same way to counter bot farmers. Stop looking for them every day, instead just get their serial numbers, log in once a day in the late morning and do a bulk report of their serials on the server they are being run on. Then check for them once a week, if you don't see them anymore, check back, either the bot accs got banned or the botter is keeping a low profile due to GM presence. Gen chat IDs are the decimal version of a character's unique serial.

For example, if you played Origin and you wanted to grief the AFK spawn scout there you would just log into Origin, Click "Help">"Another player is harassing me">"Physical Harassment">type in "This character is a bot that checks spawns and uses a webhook to relay info to a discord when it finds players at an active champion spawn">select "Type Player IDs of involved players from chat">type in 22748950 and up to two more IDs.

rinse and repeat for all the bots on every shard you want to do it on and have their IDs. How you choose to collect their serials is up to you, but every client can do it in one way or another.

Which reminds me, @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk Can we get a better option to report players, specifically bots? It's really annoying when we find a group of 15-20 bots stacked up in trogs or sanct then have to make 5-7 pages to report them all. Maybe consider expanding the number of characters we can report in a page up to like 10 or something, currently it's capped at 3.
    edited April 2023
    "I never once complained that EC can zoom out further than CC,
    all bots are doing is the same as zooming out further to see what is going on, they literally do not do anything in game, just walk, onyl reason they are alive even is to not get ejected to shrine"
    popps said:
    LilyGrace said:
    Yoshi, I've never played this game in a way that allows me to farm the kind of gold it takes to scroll up character types that I've still never created and played. I simply do not lead the kind of life that has me playing or botting enough to make that kind of gold. And that's not going to change.

So, what are you telling me? My only options for scrolling up new characters is to magically become skilled at pvp so I can survive and or raid Felucca champ spawns? I think that ship has sailed. Better still, should I become proficient at piloting characters using multiple clients, using multiple monitors to increase my chances at getting scrolls? No thanks. 

Or do I need to start playing enough hours to farm enough gold to buy scrolls off you? Or do I have to buy gold with real life monies from "players" who do have the time to farm gold, so I can buy scrolls off you? Or should I just forget scrolling up characters and miss out on pretty much all the game content that's been added, since the advent of PS's, that requires having fully scrolled up avatars to be able to survive and take part in the content? 

Saying I want to move in on the market is bs. I want to invest a reasonable amount of gametime into a system that allows me to eventually earn 120 power scrolls for myself. Why put the system for binding the scrolls in at all if it's so messed up it isn't used?

Why create content that completely depends on your avatars being power-scrolled up and then watch scrolls become increasingly more and more difficult and expensive for the average casual player to obtain them? Not to mention difficult to find because of dwindling populations.

I'm not spending gold at your or anyone else's vendors to get power scrolls, because I don't have the gold to do so. So how am I robbing you if I devote playtime to a reasonably slower, but not impossible, process to earn them? You're not losing a thing. And it's not like you wouldn't be able to bind scrolls more easily too and sell them or use them for yourself. Players that want what they want when they want it aren't going to stop buying your power scrolls.

I don't feel I'm being at all selfish here, Yoshi. I truly don't.

VERY well said.

I really hope that @ Kyronix is reading this Thread and finally gets of the opinion, together with the other Developers, of adding 115 Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests,

It would still require a significant time and effort for players to find all matching 115s from Treasure Chests to bind into 120s but, at least, it would now become feasible.

With 110s it simply is not.

On the point of binding scrolls together, one of the main reasons for people not doing it is the absolute hassle of it. I had made the suggestion a few years back via email that there should be a better way to store and manage scrolls of binding, maybe in the form of a veteran reward. A table that holds up to 500 scrolls of binding and catalogues all the in-progress binders in a way that simple allows a player to click a button, and select the appropriate scroll to have added the the binder, with the option of withdrawing or adding a partially filled binder.

Not to go offtopic but at the same time I had made the suggestion of a runic tool table veteran reward, that way players could store their runic tools up to a certain amount of charges within a table, and use it the same way they would use a runic tool.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    “ popps, you don’t have to spend any time dealing with the bots, we ignore them.

if enemy comes in more numbers they could win champ, if they come with less numbers, just kill them. 

I don’t think champs were supposed to be solod.

It’s part of game

why does it matter if you get spotted by a bot or you get spotted by the wife?

just always be prepared.

bots will stop when town crier barks that champ is being worked same as Krampus .

People used to run bots all over land to find idocs, so they made merchant bark location.
    complain about town crier not yet barking location instead of complaining about the bots.

tackle the cause of the crime”

@ Kyronix , could you please kindly make it impossible the use of Hidden, Stealthing EJ scripted BOT Cams and add 115 Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests ?

You want the scrolls?  Go get them.  There is nothing stopping you except yourself.

When Zipactriotl was new, I knew that the Moonstone Crystal would be a highly desirable item.  So I farmed it somewhat heavily.  I sold a few of them on LS for AT LEAST a plat.  That took A LOT less time than rolling the dice on Powerscrolls.

It's the same for Shadowguard.  I have 3 active (non-EJ) accounts.  When I farmed it heavily, did I get as many Cameos as I wanted?  No.  But I still got them and sold them - one was even an "Owned By" Demon Slayer.

For everyone that's been DEMANDING Powerscrolls in Trammel for the past 500 years, let me ask you a question.  Are you going to go out and farm them?  Considering the state of UO in 2023, you could literally farm them NOW, if you take the effort to do some research on it.  But you don't, even though it's been many years since the large pvp guilds controlled the market.

Since I know nobody is going to take the effort to farm scrolls even if they SHOULD somehow be added to Trammel, why do you keep asking for it?  Besides, y'know, just taking content away from pvp'ers...when you don't want to ****ing bother with Fel at all.  If anything, the Felucca ruleset should get MORE content; how many years has it been since the devs gave us anything?  Yet, even despite the obvious bias towards a certain playstyle, you don't hear us complaining anywhere near as often as you do.
    Riner said:
    First I fully agree that BOTs should be actively banned not ignored by the GMs. There is no reason that a toon killing bunnies can be caught and banned and GMs can’t track and ban BOTs with equal zeal. It is simply being lazy on their part that this isn’t done.

On a slightly different note one thing which would reduce this practice is to restrict EJ accounts to Tram, they can’t benefit from Champ spawns anyway so they have no need in Fel, and if they desire to pvp subscribe.

As for the pvp’ers who claim they need BOTs to be active, it’s a shame that you feel the need to cheat in order to play a 20 year old game. Of course the same cheaters, I mean pvp’ers that claim they must have BOTs also cry that they need scripts and 3rd party programs to compete in pvp. I find it disheartening that the staff of this game continues to condone such actions. 

@ Kyronix please either have rules enforced or simply drop them. 
    Yes, restricting EJ characters to Trammel only, could be a valid way to address this issue on Production servers and still give to EJ characters enough "room" to try out the game and decide whether to subscribe or not but, it would be of no help on Siege and Mugen where, I would imagine, EJ free BOT Cams also might be an issue hurting subscribed layers playing there.

So, perhaps, a more comprehensive solution that would actually make it not possible to use free EJ characters as scripted BOT Cams at the exense of subscribed players, altogether, be it in Felucca or Trammel, would be preferable, to my opinion.
    edited April 2023
    popps said:
    Riner said:
    First I fully agree that BOTs should be actively banned not ignored by the GMs. There is no reason that a toon killing bunnies can be caught and banned and GMs can’t track and ban BOTs with equal zeal. It is simply being lazy on their part that this isn’t done.

On a slightly different note one thing which would reduce this practice is to restrict EJ accounts to Tram, they can’t benefit from Champ spawns anyway so they have no need in Fel, and if they desire to pvp subscribe.

As for the pvp’ers who claim they need BOTs to be active, it’s a shame that you feel the need to cheat in order to play a 20 year old game. Of course the same cheaters, I mean pvp’ers that claim they must have BOTs also cry that they need scripts and 3rd party programs to compete in pvp. I find it disheartening that the staff of this game continues to condone such actions. 

@ Kyronix please either have rules enforced or simply drop them. 
    Yes, restricting EJ characters to Trammel only, could be a valid way to address this issue on Production servers and still give to EJ characters enough "room" to try out the game and decide whether to subscribe or not but, it would be of no help on Siege and Mugen where, I would imagine, EJ free BOT Cams also might be an issue hurting subscribed layers playing there.

So, perhaps, a more comprehensive solution that would actually make it not possible to use free EJ characters as scripted BOT Cams at the exense of subscribed players, altogether, be it in Felucca or Trammel, would be preferable, to my opinion.

What about red EJ characters given that the devs are so hellbent on not allowing red players into tram or setting up town stones in fel.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    So far if the devs do anything half the players are going to be pissed off. If I was to make any change it would be to remove bots some how. 
    I don’t PvP but from what I read it seems fair and don’t add the 115 ps everybody gets something that way ? 
    edited April 2023
    gay said:
    If you think that your inability to get powerscrolls for free or free from harassment should be directly tied to your subscription, you're wrong. As you said it yourself, you're a tamer and as a tamer you have PLENTY of ways to fund the cost of paying for scrolls, especially right now as they're at an all time low currently.

I'm somewhat tempted to do a sort of "zero to hero" tamer thing, as there are a plethora of activities a tamer can do to generate wealth that doesn't require their pets to be scrolled to 120.
    Just things off the top of my head are:
    • Farming cu sidhes, or other different hued spawning mobs that have a wide range of stats and skills.
    • Medusa, slither and +15 mystic staff
    • Lady Mel, hair dyes and crimsons
    • Travesty, travesty masks
    • Plunderbeacons, tritons
    • Not doing tmaps
    You pay a subscription to have a normal bank, a house, access to vendor search text search, and for whatever means of enjoyment you receive from the game. If you don't enjoy activities that generate the wealth that would allow you to buy scrolls, then adventure out and do the spawns yourself. If you don't enjoy the thought of getting raided, then do the spawns in Ilshenar and bind the scrolls. If you don't enjoy any of that, then that really is just your problem, and you should sort it out yourself because the alternative options are already there.
    I have often heard the argument, that Trammel players should just go farm to no end, spawns in Trammel, to get high value items to then sell them, so as to be able to fund their 120s purchasing needs from Felucca PvPers....

Too bad, though, that, as players know, items from Trammel which have a high value, for example Cameos, Slithers and so forth, have way, but way lower chances to show up as compared to 120s at Champion Spawns.

That is, a Design ( @Kyronix ? ) that was to force Trammel players to get into a long and tedious farming for high value items in Trammel in order to then be able to "afford" the extremely high prices of needed 120s from PvPers (120s which Trammel players likely need in large numbers, for characters and pets....) risks very much to have some among these Trammel players to get "burnt out" from so much repetitive farming and, thus, get alienated from the game, no longer feeling to log in because having had enough of that repetitive farming.....

That is, to my opinion, such a Design risks losing players to the game....

Add 115s to Treasure Chests, and have players be able, still with significant effort and time to be invested in the game, but at least a reasonable one this way, to bind them into 120s.

Binding 110s into 120s is NOT a reasonable nor viable possibility, to my opinion.
    edited April 2023
    "if you don't PvP, what you need 120 for? use 110 parry, they're only monsters you're killing, even if you die you just get ressed and double click your corpse and get your stuff back...no stat loss even. Nobody loots you in tram, you don't even need to insure your items...

today we had some great fun on Atlantic thanks to bots, 3 guilds are running bots and 3 guilds turned up to fight over champ, was nice change to get away from yew gate which would not have happened without bots.
    And original spawner got half scrolls anyway as original spawner is not orange and the oranges are too busy killing each other to mess with blues wacking spawn.

They are the best thing since sliced bread"

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    popps said:
    gay said:
    If you think that your inability to get powerscrolls for free or free from harassment should be directly tied to your subscription, you're wrong. As you said it yourself, you're a tamer and as a tamer you have PLENTY of ways to fund the cost of paying for scrolls, especially right now as they're at an all time low currently.

I'm somewhat tempted to do a sort of "zero to hero" tamer thing, as there are a plethora of activities a tamer can do to generate wealth that doesn't require their pets to be scrolled to 120.
    Just things off the top of my head are:
    • Farming cu sidhes, or other different hued spawning mobs that have a wide range of stats and skills.
    • Medusa, slither and +15 mystic staff
    • Lady Mel, hair dyes and crimsons
    • Travesty, travesty masks
    • Plunderbeacons, tritons
    • Not doing tmaps
    You pay a subscription to have a normal bank, a house, access to vendor search text search, and for whatever means of enjoyment you receive from the game. If you don't enjoy activities that generate the wealth that would allow you to buy scrolls, then adventure out and do the spawns yourself. If you don't enjoy the thought of getting raided, then do the spawns in Ilshenar and bind the scrolls. If you don't enjoy any of that, then that really is just your problem, and you should sort it out yourself because the alternative options are already there.
    Too bad, though, that, as players know, items from Trammel which have a high value, for example Cameos, Slithers and so forth, have way, but way lower chances to show up as compared to 120s at Champion Spawns.

Oh, do they?  Let's see.  The skills that do NOT appear on scrolls from Fel Champ Spawns:
    Blacksmithy
    Imbuing
    Tailoring
    Fishing

By my count, that's a pool of 33 different skills that can potentially be awarded.  Then you have the skill caps of 110, 115, and 120, with at least 6 scrolls guaranteed after every spawn.  Do you REALLY think it's easier to get 120's than it is something good from Shadowguard?  Because, to be perfectly honest, it isn't.
This discussion has been closed.