NEW upcoming October event - Please do it in Felucca too (on Atlantic)

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    gay said:

The benefit to it being an event that also happens to take place in a dungeon with a champion spawn is that you get more drops much quicker than in trammel, but at the risk of your character dying.

It seems to me that your argument isn't so much an issue of players being able to choose to go to felucca to do the event and get more drops than in tram, but more that you wont go to felucca to do the event and somehow think that makes it unfair. Again, risk for reward, except in the current version of the event, there is very little to no risk involved.
    This and this.

It's funny how people that don't play ATL and/or don't play Fel are trying to act like they know what's going on. They become triggered because they feel like they are being slighted and then they try to start trouble by posting propaganda on these threads when in reality they don't even know what they are talking about.

People who won't or don't go to Fel should probably refrain from chiming in about that aspect of the event. 

To clarify for the misinformed (when talking about ATL):
    • People aren't getting 100 drops per hour in Fel because there is a spawn (even if you solo'ed the entire spawn without interruption); unless you are killing someone else who has dozens of drops on them.
    • Based on experience from previous events, there is nobody soloing spawns and getting some embarrassment of scrolls/drops all day long. There are too many people on the shard for this to ever happen. Best case scenario is that you have a small group on 3-4 people that will work together to share the drops (ie you will get less drops per hour because others are killing the spawn too).
    • Reds / PvPers / Griefers make fighting in Fel a sizable risk. There are people that will flag grey and walk around your toon while you are doing area damage just to flag you. This alone will run you off or waste your time from a luck potion. So even if people insure their drops, they are still losing out on them from running/fighting. If you quickly become overrun and die (either by spawn or by reds) you are now a ghost and hope someone rezzes you. If they don't, that's at least 10-15min of running out of the dungeon and coming back.
    • There is no recalling in Fel. If you want to quickly escape, you need to run and hope that exits aren't being blocked off. If you do escape, you then have to run back to the spawn to try to kill more stuff (assuming the people who ran you off aren't still there). 
    There might be some validity to not having Fel open on all shards because the above might not be the case but it's a must to have Fel open. 
    All true however again ignore the fact that drops can be insured. There is no risk 
    Another piece of misinformation: "Everyone insures all their drops". I've killed and been killed without all drops being insured. If you walk past someone corpse in Fel there will be at least 1 or 2 drops on them majority of the time. 

That being said, once again you fail to factor in the amount of time you are losing being killed / running / etc. You might get a few more drops that you insure but then you are killed and now you aren't killing anything for the next 15min or longer. In that time span you are running or trying to get rezzed you could have gotten 3 or 4 drops while in Tram. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    gay said:

The benefit to it being an event that also happens to take place in a dungeon with a champion spawn is that you get more drops much quicker than in trammel, but at the risk of your character dying.

It seems to me that your argument isn't so much an issue of players being able to choose to go to felucca to do the event and get more drops than in tram, but more that you wont go to felucca to do the event and somehow think that makes it unfair. Again, risk for reward, except in the current version of the event, there is very little to no risk involved.
    This and this.

It's funny how people that don't play ATL and/or don't play Fel are trying to act like they know what's going on. They become triggered because they feel like they are being slighted and then they try to start trouble by posting propaganda on these threads when in reality they don't even know what they are talking about.

People who won't or don't go to Fel should probably refrain from chiming in about that aspect of the event. 

• People aren't getting 100 drops per hour in Fel because there is a spawn (even if you solo'ed the entire spawn without interruption); unless you are killing someone else who has dozens of drops on them.
    • Based on experience from previous events, there is nobody soloing spawns and getting some embarrassment of scrolls/drops all day long. There are too many people on the shard for this to ever happen. Best case scenario is that you have a small group on 3-4 people that will work together to share the drops (ie you will get less drops per hour because others are killing the spawn too).
    • Reds / PvPers / Griefers make fighting in Fel a sizable risk. There are people that will flag grey and walk around your toon while you are doing area damage just to flag you. This alone will run you off or waste your time from a luck potion. So even if people insure their drops, they are still losing out on them from running/fighting. If you quickly become overrun and die (either by spawn or by reds) you are now a ghost and hope someone rezzes you. If they don't, that's at least 10-15min of running out of the dungeon and coming back.
    • There is no recalling in Fel. If you want to quickly escape, you need to run and hope that exits aren't being blocked off. If you do escape, you then have to run back to the spawn to try to kill more stuff (assuming the people who ran you off aren't still there). 
    There might be some validity to not having Fel open on all shards because the above might not be the case but it's a must to have Fel open. 
    All true however again ignore the fact that drops can be insured. There is no risk 
    Another piece of misinformation: "Everyone insures all their drops". I've killed and been killed without all drops being insured. If you walk past someone corpse in Fel there will be at least 1 or 2 drops on them majority of the time. 

That being said, once again you fail to factor in the amount of time you are losing being killed / running / etc. You might get a few more drops that you insure but then you are killed and now you aren't killing anything for the next 15min or longer. In that time span you are running or trying to get rezzed you could have gotten 3 or 4 drops while in Tram. 
    Curse the drops problem solved if everybody really agrees on risk vs reward there should be zero opposition 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    edited October 2022
    I don’t know why there always has to be a negotiation for fel content.

if the devs have time time to add it, add it to fel on all shards.  

If you don’t think scripters aren’t doing in on the tram side you are dead wrong, so it is a moot point.  No one’s going to script in Fel if they can do it in tram.

Oreogl said:

If you don’t think scripters aren’t doing in on the tram side you are dead wrong, so it is a moot point.  No one’s going to script in Fel if they can do it in tram.

It's not negotiating its reality let's see what we can agree on 
    75%  or better of pvpers are running not official stuff 
    100% of the 75 % are running scripts lots of scripts 
    Is this factual?
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:

Is this factual?
    Then I suggest not doing it in Fel.

Why is this hard?
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:

Is this factual?

Why is this hard?
    You want a pvm event in fel an event available to all already . Please understand i think all content should be available everywhere but like I said you want the pvm cake and the pvp cake 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:

Is this factual?

Why is this hard?
    You want a pvm event in fel an event available to all already . Please understand i think all content should be available everywhere but like I said you want the pvm cake and the pvp cake 
    Your argument is disingenuous.

Of course they want both, and there isn't anything wrong with it.  You haven't provided a reasonable explanation why they shouldn't have PVM content that enourages PVP.  

If you don't want to participate in it, don't.  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Best to ignore McDougle.

He's a perfect example of someone who doesn't go to Fel (he's acknowledged this dozens of times) but tries to speak to how an event should be when it comes to Fel game play. Luckily the Devs  know how much of a troll he is and also pay him very little attention.
    keven2002 said:
    Best to ignore McDougle.

He's a perfect example of someone who doesn't go to Fel (he's acknowledged this dozens of times) but tries to speak to how an event should be when it comes to Fel game play. Luckily the Devs  know how much of a troll he is and also pay him very little attention.
    I got the impression the fel content would not impact him, but he decided to argue about it anyways.

Same arguments that's been seen for years, and for no good reason.  I don't PVP anymore but see no reason why there hasn't been any real content since Fiery Ice introduced power scrolls. 

Regardless, some people just have too much time on their hands I guess.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    But there is no risk when you can INSURE the drops ...
    McDougle said:

Hence this post:
    gay said:
    Something I proposed last year was this.

Model the ToT drops after the Shame Jailor's "hot item" mechanic, and tie the release to the hosting dungeon (Deceit).

For example, themed items have a cursed modifier that is broken once they are removed from their respective dungeon. While they are cursed, they cannot be insured and they deal damage to the player holding them items, damage is increased with every cursed item in possession of the player. If a player dies, any items in their possession are transferred to their corpse just like any other uninsured/blessed item, and can be looted by mobs, by players if in felucca, or reclaimed by the player when they loot their corpse. However the curse effect remains intact until the criteria of leaving the dungeon to break the curse is met.

This prevents players from hoarding drops in the best spawn locations, as after too long they would be forced to leave, due to the amount of damage they would be incurring by hold these cursed items, making it more difficult for people farming the items with multiple accounts, and also prevents players from auto-insuring the drops gained in felucca.

Example of interaction with the cursed item:
    "An item in your bag radiates with an evil energy, draining your life force."
    "A curse has been lifted on an item in your possession, you no longer suffer it's evil effects."

It should go without saying also, bags of sending shouldn't work with those items, and do not allow the cursed items to be dropped on the ground or traded, or stored on a pack animal until their curse is broken.

This proposal would breakup the people who "hog" the spawning areas with armies, forcing them to move to turn in their drops every few mins, else risk being PKed or having them stolen in fel, while also taking extra passive dmg from holding them. It adds risk to holding the drops, and it opens up the thief playstyle in felucca which has long been dead.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    IMHO I could care less if it is in Fel but if it is going to be in Fel then it needs to be in every Shard, we all pay the same subs.  We all know that all the multiboxers will be in Tram along with the AFK farmers.  Sadly the boat has sailed with the EJ Accounts, they should have never been allowed in Fel and they should not have been able to collect anything.  It should have been the old Trial Account rules with unlimited days.  I understand why they did the EJ Accounts but they gave them to much so why should they sub, limiting bank and house ownership was not enough esp when you can have unlimited EJ Accounts.
    Event should be all shards Tram and Fel.  Forget trying to code it differently it will only cause problems.
    You ask why people are opposed then get angry? 
    McDougle said:
    So you ASSumed just because they asked it that they really wanted to hear.  LMAO
    They never want to hear they only want to WHINE about it.
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:

You interjected an opinion that you were not prepared to provide a reasonable explanation for, nor really had any invested interest in.  
    McDougle said:
    So you ASSumed just because they asked it that they really wanted to hear.  LMAO
    They never want to hear they only want to WHINE about it.
    If people want to see content for their playstyle, it isn't whining.  Don't be so dismissive because it's not something you have to argue for for yours.

I haven't pvped for years, but this is a well worn out discussion.  
     :D 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    keven2002 said:
    gay said:

This and this.

You are literally one of the people bragging about how many drops you get.

Then turn on the spawn in tram without powerscrolls, so we can take advantage of 200 easy kills per spawn, which takes 10 mins to do since many players are there.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
     :) 
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:

You interjected an opinion that you were not prepared to provide a reasonable explanation for, nor really had any invested interest in.  
    Which part of my explanation do you not understand? 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:

Which part of my explanation do you not understand? 
    You may want to re-read my response and apply yours.
    We agree to disagree 
    McDougle said:
    We agree to disagree 
    We do not.  

This isn't a matter of an impasse but addressing something you really had no vested interest in to begin with.  

Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    We agree to disagree 
    We do not.  

This isn't a matter of an impasse but addressing something you really had no vested interest in to begin with.  

Every PAYING customer has a right to their opinion no matter what you say.
    edited October 2022
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    We agree to disagree 
    We do not.  

Every PAYING customer has a right to their opinion no matter what you say.
    Sure, you have the right to provide any opinion you'd like.  It is a public forum.

But if pressed for why you're providing that opinion, and waffle, it appears to be trolling.
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    We agree to disagree 
    We do not.  

You assume so much it makes any constructive debate impossible 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    We agree to disagree 
    We do not.  

You assume so much it makes any constructive debate impossible 
    I'd imagine it would be because you have not provided any evidence or reason to suggest otherwise.

• DarkionDarkion Posts: 12
    McDougle/Frodo you’ve posted, so no need to continue on a topic you have no interest. Everyone’s allowed opinions agreed and now yours have been shared and only seem to be pushing for the sake of an argument.

so back to the topic and i Hope @Mesanna @Mariah  @Kyronix will see this and we see this event in Fel.

• If you take in all the facts of the situation, it literally makes no sense to not have in fel on all shards.
    Fact 1:  all rewards are shard bound - this means farming a slower shard for more rewards doesn't benefit them.  if you can't xfer it you'll have noone to sell them too.
    Fact 2:  Gameplay on fel side will increase with both pvm people and pvp people, therefore increasing the amount players who are on UO during the event.  This alone is obvious business decision if you're trying to make the game more popular.
    Fact 3:  Every person pays the subscribe fee and shouldn't have to move shards or create chars on all other shards just for the hope of having land in fel on the shard they have a char to play on.   Everyone should have the same access to choose whether they want to risk it in fel or play it safe in tram.  

It doesn't matter whether the devs have to do more work to make it happen or not.  It's their jobs to work for the playerbase.  If they dont like their job, they are welcome to quit and let someone who cares take their place.

• DraikeDraike Posts: 19
    We wouldnt even have this discussion if we did not have this shard bound crap. All willing participants would have dispersed across the shards, farmed the crap  out of drops, brought them to atlantic, and people spread the rewards to their home shards. Plentiful for all. Can you buy prior events rewards on other shards? Very difficult, and expensive
  • DraikeDraike Posts: 19
    And dont give me bs story about not able to transfer stuff between shards. I am pretty sure almost everyone has a shopping char on atlantic and  has a friend or two with shard shields to move things arouns