Question to Expert Imbuers/Reforgers....

13»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:
    @ popps.
    It looks like the maximum resist on a piece can be 12. The minimum 4.
    Neither are very common and less common for 2 at each.

You can not get 2 minimums and 2 maximums.

So your best bet would be to get pieces with 2 minimums. or as close as you can.

Example:  6/12/9/4/4  you can imbue the 4s up to 18 which increases the piece by 14 x 2 = 28.

If my earlier calculations were correct, I said you are short 25 per piece.  This adds 3 more than needed so you have slack.

So by only keeping armor pieces that have 6 or less Phy and low in two other resists.  

Your final armor can have 70 resists.

But this will take many hours and lots of frustration to achieve.

This just in:  Resists are not hard capped at 18.  For different materials you can get a different max.

Our example of leather.  Fire resist can go to 19 and Phy only 17 from imbuing.
    So that helps you get 1 more point in fire on a few pieces.

Welcome to crafting!

@ popps please follow thru on this.  I really hate telling you how to do something step by step and you dont do it.  Other posters think I am a big meany for being salty to you sometimes.  They do not know how many times I have showed you step by step how to do something and you argue about it and end up never doing it.

Now you can Lock this up.
    Hang on....

Would the Anvil sold in the UO Store (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/ultima-store-inventory/anvil-of-artifacts/) be usable to "ease up" some of the randomness ?

If so, what could it help with, for the $$$ that it cost ?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    IBTL  @ Mariah    Question asked and answered
    Not really, I still have my Imbuing/Reforging issue unsolved...

That is, it is far from being clear : 

1) - If it is possible, considered the game mechanics, that one can craft those 4 pieces with the properties indicated ; 

2) - How this can be done, really....

As I said, I need to craft 4 pieces with, possibly, 190 Luck on each, a total of 70% LRC across the 4 of them, and a total of 285 Resists across them 4 pieces (an average of 71.25 resists per piece...or, 14.25 per each of the 5 resists....).

Noone so far, at least to my understanding, has given indication on how exactly this can be done, if it can be done in the first place.....
    your question was answered by me very early you cant be bothered to go to the website yourself Pawain spelled it out for you in a way that couldn't get any clear yet you still don't get it plus you have tied how a skill or skill set affects the actions you want to do not at all how the suit will behave for all intent and purpose you are trolling yourself and getting away with it 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps.

So your best bet would be to get pieces with 2 minimums. or as close as you can.

Example:  6/12/9/4/4  you can imbue the 4s up to 18 which increases the piece by 14 x 2 = 28.

If my earlier calculations were correct, I said you are short 25 per piece.  This adds 3 more than needed so you have slack.

So by only keeping armor pieces that have 6 or less Phy and low in two other resists.  

This just in:  Resists are not hard capped at 18.  For different materials you can get a different max.

Welcome to crafting!

@ popps please follow thru on this.  I really hate telling you how to do something step by step and you dont do it.  Other posters think I am a big meany for being salty to you sometimes.  They do not know how many times I have showed you step by step how to do something and you argue about it and end up never doing it.

Hang on....

Would the Anvil sold in the UO Store (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/ultima-store-inventory/anvil-of-artifacts/) be usable to "ease up" some of the randomness ?

If so, what could it help with, for the $$$ that it cost ?
    Dude I just told you how to do it in the post above.  I also told you that anvil is useless.

The anvil gives resists to 10 items.  It could take you 200 reforges or more to get a single piece you can use.  If we could apply the anvil later then it would be an awesome item.  But stay an track.  Make a new thread about another item you have never used but think is not good or has no use.  

Please read what I wrote you can get all 70s resist if you make a lot of pieces, choose which to reforge and repeat many times.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    McDougle said:
    your question was answered by me very early you cant be bothered to go to the website yourself Pawain spelled it out for you in a way that couldn't get any clear yet you still don't get it plus you have tied how a skill or skill set affects the actions you want to do not at all how the suit will behave for all intent and purpose you are trolling yourself and getting away with it 
    I called it on the first page lol
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:
    It is a very specific suit for a very focused employment.....

I got Head, Robe, Legs and jewellery pretty much "stuck" with what I have to use there.... the 10 LRC comes from a Mana Orb...
    So what is the purpose of the suit then (that you won't share the properties on the head/legs)??

Just more trolling I suspect.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    popps said:
    IBTL  @ Mariah    Question asked and answered
    Not really, I still have my Imbuing/Reforging issue unsolved...

That is, it is far from being clear : 

1) - If it is possible, considered the game mechanics, that one can craft those 4 pieces with the properties indicated ; 

2) - How this can be done, really....

As I said, I need to craft 4 pieces with, possibly, 190 Luck on each, a total of 70% LRC across the 4 of them, and a total of 285 Resists across them 4 pieces (an average of 71.25 resists per piece...or, 14.25 per each of the 5 resists....).

Noone so far, at least to my understanding, has given indication on how exactly this can be done, if it can be done in the first place.....
    LMAO  As per normal you are totally clueless and you need to have someone give you exact step by step instructions and wait for it you will question it as always and never tell anybody what your results are.

Why won't you tell us what your other pieces are, is it a matter of national security?

Nobody can tell you EXACT end results because of the different variables and as always the RNG, why don't you for once try doing something for yourself for a change and stop asking people for EXACT results.
  • @AtomicBetty  now do you see why I said why I said.  Every post by this person goes down the same boring road

he is a troll

or he wants people to do everything for him

or he just likes to be annoying

this will soon be locked as will the stupid blade spirit post. He spends far too much time looking for something to debate to death 

he seems to think he is the choice of the player base or some community champion which he most certainly isn't

many posts he states “people ask” people this players that.  No facts support this, he makes it up and then argues everything until the mods get fed up and lock the posts. So IF there was ever anything useful in the topic it is lost in complete drivel 

we argues every post or ignores direct questions and challenges 
    edited February 2022

@ AtomicBetty  now do you see why I said why I said.  Every post by this person goes down the same boring road

he is a troll

or he wants people to do everything for him

or he just likes to be annoying

this will soon be locked as will the stupid blade spirit post. He spends far too much time looking for something to debate to death 

he seems to think he is the choice of the player base or some community champion which he most certainly isn't

many posts he states “people ask” people this players that.  No facts support this, he makes it up and then argues everything until the mods get fed up and lock the posts. So IF there was ever anything useful in the topic it is lost in complete drivel 

we argues every post or ignores direct questions and challenges 
    Well he did ask for a monster proof chest 
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:

I am not good at Math.  @ Violet needs to check my answers. 

@Pawain

OK, let me see if I understood you correctly....

I start with crafting exceptional pieces (to get more Resistances with 100.0 Arms Lore...) to get +20% (+15% from exceptionally crafted and an additional +5% from doing it with 100.0 Arms Lore) additional Resistance per piece, of course using plain Leather as I want to then enhance using Spined Leather for the additional 40 Luck to get to 190.

This means that, to the "base" 15% resistances points per piece, by crafting as exceptional and with 100.0 Arms Lore, I get additional 20% resistances for a total of 35% resistances points "per piece".

At this point, I want to save up those pieces with low Physical resist since, enhancing with spined Leather, besides the 40 Luck, adds 9% Physical resist.

Which it brings my total resists "per piece", to 15% (base crafting) + 20% (exceptional crafting with 100.0 Arms Lore) + 9% in pysical (enhancing with spined) = 44% resists per piece.

Of course, I will need to mix-match and save the pieces which better will match their respective resistances in order to reach my goal across those 4 pieces which it is, to end up across those 4 pieces, Gorget, Arms, Chest and Gloves with : 

- 57 Physical Resistance
    - 61 Fire Resistance
    - 60 Cold Resistance
    - 55 Poison Resistance
    - 52 Energy Resistance

At this point, I go to the reforge step....

What Reforging would I need to go with, in order to bring my resistances "per piece" from the 44% that I have now, to the 71.25% that I need "per piece" since I have to tally up 285 resistances across all 4 pieces ?

That is, from the 44% resistances that I start with with Exceptional Armor Crafting + 100.0 Arms Lore and Enhancing with Spined Leather, I need to further add some 27.25% additional resistances "per piece" in order to then reach the wanted 71.25% resistances "per piece" wanted....

Is that something which I want to do through Imbuing (which it would mean picking the lowest Resistances and bring them all the way up to 18% in a way which was to add, in total per piece, 27% or 28% additional Resists points per piece which it would mean, likely, to have to imbue no less then 2 but, more likely, 3 Resistances all the way to 18.... unless, I can manage to use pieces with very low Resistances like at 2% to 4% to which I could imbue 12% to 16% each which, in between the 2 resists, would add the 27%-28% that I need to add per piece...), or through Reforging ?

NOTE. Powder of Fortification needs to be applied before starting imbuing a piece because, after, it would no longer be possible.

But then, why do you say that the Anvil of Artifacts (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/ultima-store-inventory/anvil-of-artifacts/) is useless ?

If I can make a piece, using it, that has all resistances points in 1 resistance and have the other 4 set at zero, wouldn't this help then, when imbuing, so that I could imbue from 0 all the way to 18 for 1 resistance, and from 0 to 9%-10% for another resistance, so as to get those 27%-28%% additional resists which I need on each piece to reach the 71.25% resist on average "per piece" ?

Thanks again for being willing to help out.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Please be reassured that Popp’s DMs are equally long as his posts”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I am not good at Math.  @ Violet needs to check my answers. 

@ Pawain

OK, let me see if I understood you correctly....

I start with crafting exceptional pieces (to get more Resistances with 100.0 Arms Lore...) to get +20% (+15% from exceptionally crafted and an additional +5% from doing it with 100.0 Arms Lore) additional Resistance per piece, of course using plain Leather as I want to then enhance using Spined Leather for the additional 40 Luck to get to 190.

This means that, to the "base" 15% resistances points per piece, by crafting as exceptional and with 100.0 Arms Lore, I get additional 20% resistances for a total of 35% resistances points "per piece".

At this point, I want to save up those pieces with low Physical resist since, enhancing with spined Leather, besides the 40 Luck, adds 9% Physical resist.

Which it brings my total resists "per piece", to 15% (base crafting) + 20% (exceptional crafting with 100.0 Arms Lore) + 9% in pysical (enhancing with spined) = 44% resists per piece.

Of course, I will need to mix-match and save the pieces which better will match their respective resistances in order to reach my goal across those 4 pieces which it is, to end up across those 4 pieces, Gorget, Arms, Chest and Gloves with : 

- 57 Physical Resistance
    - 61 Fire Resistance
    - 60 Cold Resistance
    - 55 Poison Resistance
    - 52 Energy Resistance

At this point, I go to the reforge step....

What Reforging would I need to go with, in order to bring my resistances "per piece" from the 44% that I have now, to the 71.25% that I need "per piece" since I have to tally up 285 resistances across all 4 pieces ?

That is, from the 44% resistances that I start with with Exceptional Armor Crafting + 100.0 Arms Lore and Enhancing with Spined Leather, I need to further add some 27.25% additional resistances "per piece" in order to then reach the wanted 71.25% resistances "per piece" wanted....

Is that something which I want to do through Imbuing (which it would mean picking the lowest Resistances and bring them all the way up to 18% in a way which was to add, in total per piece, 27% or 28% additional Resists points per piece which it would mean, likely, to have to imbue no less then 2 but, more likely, 3 Resistances all the way to 18.... unless, I can manage to use pieces with very low Resistances like at 2% to 4% to which I could imbue 12% to 16% each which, in between the 2 resists, would add the 27%-28% that I need to add per piece...), or through Reforging ?

NOTE. Powder of Fortification needs to be applied before starting imbuing a piece because, after, it would no longer be possible.

But then, why do you say that the Anvil of Artifacts (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/ultima-store-inventory/anvil-of-artifacts/) is useless ?

If I can make a piece, using it, that has all resistances points in 1 resistance and have the other 4 set at zero, wouldn't this help then, when imbuing, so that I could imbue from 0 all the way to 18 for 1 resistance, and from 0 to 9%-10% for another resistance, so as to get those 27%-28%% additional resists which I need on each piece to reach the 71.25% resist on average "per piece" ?

Thanks again for being willing to help out.
    Do you not bother to read? Pawain clearly explained ever step..
    edited February 2022
    McDougle said:
    Do you not bother to read? Pawain clearly explained ever step..
    I did, and that is why, in my reply to him, I mentioned what I "seemed" to understand from his write up so that he could me correct if I had understood him as wrong....

The fact that someone writes something, not necessarily means that a reader would understand what was written....

That is why, usually, one indicates what "they" understood from that write up, and possible misunderstandings are then covered so that, eventually, what was said gets fully properly understood.

At least, that is my understanding about how things go when one aims at having others understand correctly and properly what they instructed.
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:
    You go here:  https://www.uoguide.com/Runic_Re-Forging
    Or: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/imbuing/runic-reforging/

My eyes read the first one better.

Make as many exceptional plain leather arms as your crafter with arms lore can carry. Choose the ones with low physical resist. Fill up again. Take a few 90 charge Spined runic sewing kits. (You can not choose Auspicious on a Horned or Barbed kit) Go to a soulforge.  I always use Queens with my Garg. (I always crash within a minute of starting, Re open UO and I don't crash again.)

Runic Reforging:
    As you can see below, Spined Gives 1 to3 properties.  Since you are choosing 1 from 2 categories, You will get 2 or 3.

Dble click the Spined Runic. Click on the item you want to reforge.

Click help to read about what each thing does. Also here are the armor choices and runic info.

I choose Powerful, Structural because both give more max power chance to each property.
    I do not need Fortified because I can PoF the items after.
    I choose Grand Inspired Exalted and Sublime So I can put the 2 names I want on the pieces.
    (If you choose just Exalted, you will almost always get a random property from any group.)

Click Reforge and your item is made. Repeat over and over then make more sleeves and repeat over and over.

Chances to make what you want.  
    Each item will have Luck because that is the only thing in that category.
    Each item will have 1 or 2 properties from the other category.
    You have 1 in 5 chance to get LRC
    Each property has an intensity range Low to Max. You have a 1 in 4 chance to get max usually.
    So you have properties you do not want and values that are not Max

Here are what I made in 5 tries.

Welcome to reforging.

What you look for is 150 Luck.  The other property does not matter.

If you get that, put it aside and save for imbuing.
    Fully powder any item you want to imbue.

Use this link and choose item and custom.  You have 450 total points to use.
    https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing/armor

You can still imbue 2 or 3 things onto these.  You can imbue the 20 LRC.

After you get your Luck and LRC and are finished imbuing you can enhance it using this page info:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/material-bonuses/

USE YOUR FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL

You are using leather so you can enhance with Spined.
    You will receive 40 More Luck  and 9 more physical resist on that piece.

Welcome to crafting

Putting just Luck and LRC is not that difficult.  It just takes many attempts.
    I already told you the reforge. Step by step.
    @popps
    Pawain said:
    @ popps.

Welcome to crafting!

Here is the way to get all 70 resist.  Stop making up stuff and do it.
    @popps
    The anvil is 10 charges for 10 bucks. You apply it before you reforge. 
    It will take you 100 or more attempts to get the 150 luck. If you want to buy it go ahead and buy 10 or more.

You can not set resists to 0. Geez do you look at anything before you ask?

@Mariah please lock so he can read the steps and stop derailing.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.