Question to Expert Imbuers/Reforgers....

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited February 2022
    I am not good at Math.  @Violet needs to check my answers. 

285 resists on 4 pieces.  Each piece has 35 with a minimum of 3 in physical.

So those pieces will only have 140 + an added 36 physical resist is 176.     

You just need 21 in Physical from the pieces. so just use pieces with 6 or less physical.

you need 228 on the other 4, avg of 57 on each piece in the other resists. With 3 Phy you can only get 32 so each piece is short in those resists by 25. 

The best you can do is:
    Keep pieces with 6 or less phy resist and 2 other elements to be low.  So you hope for pieces with 6 or less physical and with 2 max resists in elements and 2 near minimum.  

Then you reforge those.  You keep the 150 Luck ones.  You don't know which will be the keepers until you get the 150 Luck.

Go to the Imbuing calculator:
    https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing/armor

Put in Luck 150 that is on your item.
    Put in the other value. I chose 20 LRC
    You have room to make two of the low resists go to 18.

You have 500 points not 450 like I stated above, I did not have exceptional clicked.

That is as close as you can get to all 70s.

That's why players start with 2 high resist pieces that have Luck, even if not 150.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited February 2022
    Since you are making a Luck mage.

These 2 items make that easier:

Someone just bought all the Bracelets that were less than 5M on Atlantic.

They both have averaged 10M each for a while.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Ben said:
    Can you reforge LRC greater than 20?  I have made a few Luck/LRC suits and a lot of LRC suits and I have never gotten more than 20 LRC.

Why only 4 piece suit @ popps
    Frodo, I might be wrong, but I seem to recall the option given under extremely rare circumstances. I never needed to imbue more than 20% so never took the choice. Just can not recall what those circumstances were.
    I made all of our guild LRC/LMC/Mana/Int/MR Suits and I never got any LRC over 20 or LMC over 8.  The MAX Reforge would give me was max imbuing numbers
    edited February 2022
    Ben said:
    Can you reforge LRC greater than 20?  I have made a few Luck/LRC suits and a lot of LRC suits and I have never gotten more than 20 LRC.

Why only 4 piece suit @ popps
    Frodo, I might be wrong, but I seem to recall the option given under extremely rare circumstances. I never needed to imbue more than 20% so never took the choice. Just can not recall what those circumstances were.
    I made all of our guild LRC/LMC/Mana/Int/MR Suits and I never got any LRC over 20 or LMC over 8.  The MAX Reforge would give me was max imbuing numbers
    I get 10LMC once in a while but never paid attention to LRC since I never have made that.

Not easy to get 5 Dex 10 Stam 10 LMC on a piece.  Rare IMO
    edited February 2022
    @Lord_Frodo

Probably not a common thing but you can get 25LRC by Reforging:

The reason we reforge is because we can get higher values than imbuing because we get random properties instead of what we may want.
    temp.bmp 128.7K
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:
    I am not good at Math.  @ Violet needs to check my answers. 

285 resists on 4 pieces.  Each piece has 35 with a minimum of 3 in physical.

So those pieces will only have 140 + an added 36 physical resist is 176.     

You just need 21 in Physical from the pieces. so just use pieces with 6 or less physical.

you need 228 on the other 4, avg of 57 on each piece in the other resists. With 3 Phy you can only get 32 so each piece is short in those resists by 25. 

The best you can do is:
    Keep pieces with 6 or less phy resist and 2 other elements to be low.  So you hope for pieces with 6 or less physical and with 2 max resists in elements and 2 near minimum.  

Then you reforge those.  You keep the 150 Luck ones.  You don't know which will be the keepers until you get the 150 Luck.

Go to the Imbuing calculator:
    https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing/armor

Put in Luck 150 that is on your item.
    Put in the other value. I chose 20 LRC
    You have room to make two of the low resists go to 18.

You have 500 points not 450 like I stated above, I did not have exceptional clicked.

That is as close as you can get to all 70s.

That's why players start with 2 high resist pieces that have Luck, even if not 150.

Maybe I explained myself poorly, sorry about that.

I am not making a Luck Mage although, it is a spellcaster which is why the medable armor....

Iam trying to add some Luck on this suit (190 x 4 if possible to craft these 4 pieces with that much Luck on, plus Minax Sandals and Yukio's earrings so, hopefully, 1,035 Luck total...).

I have some "mandated" other pieces besides those 4 which I can play with (Gorget, Arms, Chest and Gloves).

Also the Jewellery, I need to imbue 29 skill points on each jewel so, 270/500 imbuing weight and 3 slots are already taken.... not leaving much else on jewels that I could possibly put on....

Therefore, I have already  deducted whatever resistances I get from the "mandated" pieces.... and, in order to get to an all 70s suit with Protection on, I am "short" of the following resistances : 

- 57 Physical Resistance
    - 61 Fire Resistance
    - 60 Cold Resistance
    - 55 Poison Resistance
    - 52 Energy Resistance

That is, I need to find a way to put together those 285 Resistances points split across those 4 pieces which I can play around with.... Gorget, Arms, Chest and Gloves...

That makes it, 71.25 total resistances per piece on these 4 pieces which I can play around with, on average..

And, to make things more spicey, I also need to put, possibly, 190 Luck on each of those 4 pieces, and 15% LRC on each of 2 of them, and 20% LRC on each of the other 2 of them so as to come up with 70% LRC across the 4 pieces....

Are these 4 pieces something that is Craftable under this basis ?

If not, the "plan B" would be to have 1 Legendary piece among these 4 (Gorget, Arms, Chest, Gloves) be very strong in resistances (120+ total resists ?) and yet still come with "some" LUCK albeit not 190, and, of course, LRC at least 15% or 20%....

This way, I would loose on some Luck but, the Resists I'd need to Imbue/Reforge onto the 3 remaining pieces would become 285 - 120+ = 165 which, split across the 3 remaining pieces, would mean no longer an average of 71.25 to Imbue/Reforge on each but, rather, an average of 55 Resist Points to Imbue/Reforge on each...

Thoughts ?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited February 2022
    My thoughts are that without you actually giving us the pieces you are using this is pointless.

It has been well documented in the past that you do not typically seem to use the most logical items / ideas (ie you refused to make a sampire for years before finally listening). My guess is that you are probably using like the burglar bandanna + shadow dancer legs while trying to make a "luck thief" or something like that and want to bring everyone down the rabbit hole with you. While this template would be a head scratcher for most; I would point out that you do not need to use the bandanna and would be better off getting jewels with stealth/stealing and using the head slot to build resists and luck. Again, it's impossible to really give valuable feedback without a full picture but maybe that's what you want so people can't tell you that you are wrong (like you saying you wanted to use a cu during the treasures of ice event to get drops).

Instead of trying to build some obscure suit that you probably won't even use (or complain 1k luck doesn't work), what you should be doing is working up your sampire based on your last "Treasures Of" event experience to fine tune all the issues you had last time. At least that's the way I see it.
    edited February 2022
    keven2002 said:
    My thoughts are that without you actually giving us the pieces you are using this is pointless.

It has been well documented in the past that you do not typically seem to use the most logical items / ideas (ie you refused to make a sampire for years before finally listening). My guess is that you are probably using like the burglar bandanna + shadow dancer legs while trying to make a "luck thief" or something like that and want to bring everyone down the rabbit hole with you. While this template would be a head scratcher for most; I would point out that you do not need to use the bandanna and would be better off getting jewels with stealth/stealing and using the head slot to build resists and luck. Again, it's impossible to really give valuable feedback without a full picture but maybe that's what you want so people can't tell you that you are wrong (like you saying you wanted to use a cu during the treasures of ice event to get drops).

Instead of trying to build some obscure suit that you probably won't even use (or complain 1k luck doesn't work), what you should be doing is working up your sampire based on your last "Treasures Of" event experience to fine tune all the issues you had last time. At least that's the way I see it.
    Your guessing abilities are quite strong as you guessed right <span>:smile:</span>

Although, it is not simply a Luck Thief, but it also is a Stealther, Dungeon, Detect Hidden Lockpicker and has a suit which, with +skill items, in the end needs to "squeeze" in it some 834 skill points total...

So, those 30 points from the Bandana are all needed....

And, unfortunately, stealing requires "both" hands free so, I cannot even take advantage of anything with properties in either hand (no Shield, no Spell Channelling Weapon nor Spellbook...).

That is why I am trying to "bring in" as much Luck  as I can, as well as reach all 70's resistances with Protection on, fit in 70% LRC in only those 4 pieces to play with.... Gorget, Chest, Sleeves and Gloves....

popps said:

Your guessing abilities are quite strong as you guessed right <span>:smile:</span>

Although, it is not simply a Luck Thief, but it also is a Stealther, Dungeon, Detect Hidden Lockpicker and has a suit which, with +skill items, in the end needs to "squeeze" in it some 834 skill points total...

That is why I am trying to "bring in" as much Luck  as I can, as well as reach all 70's resistances with Protection on, fit in 70% LRC in only those 4 pieces to play with.... Gorget, Chest, Sleeves and Gloves....

Well this is a whole other can of worms. I'd disagree you need the bandanna (or Mark of Trav) because +10 stealth shouldn't make or break the suit and the +10 stealing would also be negligible. Maybe someone else can comment on how stealing works but my understanding is that stealing is based on real skill, so you wouldn't get the full benefits from stealing. Perhaps that is only for stealing from monsters (Idk but I digress)? 

Anyways you can obtain 90 stealth from items alone (+20 cloak / +10 robe / +20 leggings / +20 on each jewlery piece) without the bandanna/Mark of Trav and this opens the gate to using that head slot for luck/LRC (ie wildfire mask). Additionally, there are jewels out there that have both stealing/stealth and LRC etc if you wanted to use those to help boost your stats. 

That said, I'm stilling wondering why you need both LRC and luck (or any luck at all because it doesn't truly impact anything theft related) on the suit. Others have given you the path to attempt to achieve what you are looking to do but it's going to be very tough and you might need to settle for less than perfect. 

My advice is pick one (LRC or Luck) and go with it because what you are asking for will cost you more time/resources to achieve than it's likely even worth (again I'd love to know your logic of having luck on a thief char).
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Why does a thief need lrc ???
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    @Pawain nice piece.  I have never been lucky enough to get a piece to overcap.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    edited February 2022
    While luck has no effect on stealing static artifacts, I've never been quite sure whether it has an impact on stealing from monsters and the contents of Exodus hidden boxes. Consequently my thief has 1880 luck and 100 LRC, though her resists aren't great at 65/70/51/67/61. The only skill on items she has is 10 stealth on a dress from Blackthorn's. Skills are: 120 stealing, then GM detect, hiding, lockpick, magery, snooping and stealth (110 with the dress). 
    Luck comes from: Wildfire mask, collar of fortune, lucky charm, etoile/novo jewels, armor of fortune, soles of providence and some reforged armor pieces (only one of which is 190). She could have more if I'd given her yukio earrings and minax sandals, but she doesn't have those. My RL luck comes from the fact that I've played long enough to have gotten all those items myself and not had to pay gold for them :D
    She doesn't have ninjitsu. Partly because I'm not a believer in trying to fit 'a quart into a pint pot'. 
    McDougle said:
    Why does a thief need lrc ???
    Not sure. Maybe for magery but again if you are spending most of your time stealthing around in the shadows you really don't need it except for the occasional invis/heal/cure... but there are potions for all of that which saves you 100 points.
    Skills are: 120 stealing, then GM detect, hiding, lockpick, magery, snooping and stealth (110 with the dress). 

Assuming you play most of your time in Tram; why not swap out snooping for ninja?
    Although I don't use snooping actively, it is needed to be able to get exodus keys from zealots in Exodus dungeon. Without it you merely get gold. I tend to find invis potions rather unreliable. With protection cast I can invis when needed. A potion can be drunk and do nothing because you were interrupted while drinking it. Also I use earth eles to run interference when stealing from monsters. (if you've never tried either of those, take a look at my youtube channel - vids are very short
    While luck has no effect on stealing static artifacts, I've never been quite sure whether it has an impact on stealing from monsters and the contents of Exodus hidden boxes. Consequently my thief has 1880 luck and 100 LRC, though her resists aren't great at 65/70/51/67/61. The only skill on items she has is 10 stealth on a dress from Blackthorn's. Skills are: 120 stealing, then GM detect, hiding, lockpick, magery, snooping and stealth (110 with the dress). 
    Luck comes from: Wildfire mask, collar of fortune, lucky charm, etoile/novo jewels, armor of fortune, soles of providence and some reforged armor pieces (only one of which is 190). She could have more if I'd given her yukio earrings and minax sandals, but she doesn't have those. My RL luck comes from the fact that I've played long enough to have gotten all those items myself and not had to pay gold for them :D
    She doesn't have ninjitsu. Partly because I'm not a believer in trying to fit 'a quart into a pint pot'. 
    The fact that players need to speculate and guess whether Luck does or not affect a given gameplay, whatever it might be, is really annoying, to my opinion...

I mean, players go out of their way to conceive and build suit, put Luck on them, only to then find that it does not help or does not help sufficiently enough to make it worth all the time that they put into thinking up and constructing that suit ?

Not to mention, for example, the effect of "real" or "skill on items" on the actual effectiveness of that skill....

We do that for Masteries, "to a point" real skill matters.... I say to a point because, for "some" Masteries (not even all of them... to make things even more confusing to players), skill points on items do not affect the effectiveness of thatMastery BUT, rather the time that it lasts....

Yet, how many players know this ?

Take for example Stealing, that someone else mentioned.... does "real" stealing skill have any impact on having a better chance to steal and on the quality of what is stolen, in case of a random steal or not ..... and what about if one steals from players or from Monsters or NPCs ? Does real stealing skill or skill on items have any impact on this at all ?

Yet, players spend time to make their suits, carry out their gameplay and, often, unfortunately, in the wrong way because not much or sometimes even worse, nothing at all, is known about how certain Designed mechanics actually work.... and players so, unfortunately, waste their time, not doing the "right" thing as the mechanics is coded to function for the proper and best results....
    keven2002 said:
    Skills are: 120 stealing, then GM detect, hiding, lockpick, magery, snooping and stealth (110 with the dress). 

Assuming you play most of your time in Tram; why not swap out snooping for ninja?
    Snooping, to my understanding, is a required skill to steal from Monsters.... even if it is only used passively...
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

Snooping, to my understanding, is a required skill to steal from Monsters.... even if it is only used passively...
    Snooping became a requirement with the introduction of the Exodus encounter and is required to steal from Exodus zealots, it was not needed prior to that, and is not needed for stealing balms and lotions from monsters. 
    edited February 2022
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

Snooping became a requirement with the introduction of the Exodus encounter and is required to steal from Exodus zealots, it was not needed prior to that, and is not needed for stealing balms and lotions from monsters. 
    Meh... too bad that, none of these quite impactfull informations on players' gameplay, are clearly indicated at least on the first places where I would imagine that UO players might go to for informations...

I see no mention at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/snooping/ that snooping is NOT required, as you mention, when stealing balms and lotions from monsters...

At https://www.uoguide.com/Snooping , I cannot even read, to my understanding, that snooping is required, albeit as a passive skill, to steal from Zelots down the Exodus Dungeon... and neither anything is mentioned that no snooping is needed when stealing balms and lotions from monsters...

How would then players be able to know any of this, especially when coming anew to UO in order not to waste their time playing in the wrong way because they do not know how mechanics work for UO ?

And, mind you, this is only for Snooping.... think about a whole lot of stuff which is not officially mentioned anywhere about UO and about which either one gets to know it from Veteran players, or if they are very good at searching on internet, they "might" find some info.... although, with older content on internet no longer being accessable, often informations about a game as old as UO, might no longer be found....
    popps said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

Meh... too bad that, none of these quite impactfull informations on players' gameplay, are clearly indicated at least on the first places where I would imagine that UO players might go to for informations...

I see no mention at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/snooping/ that snooping is NOT required, as you mention, when stealing balms and lotions from monsters...

At https://www.uoguide.com/Snooping , I cannot even read, to my understanding, that snooping is required, albeit as a passive skill, to steal from Zelots down the Exodus Dungeon... and neither anything is mentioned that no snooping is needed when stealing balms and lotions from monsters...

How would then players be able to know any of this, especially when coming anew to UO in order not to waste their time playing in the wrong way because they do not know how mechanics work for UO ?

And, mind you, this is only for Snooping.... think about a whole lot of stuff which is not officially mentioned anywhere about UO and about which either one gets to know it from Veteran players, or if they are very good at searching on internet, they "might" find some info.... although, with older content on internet no longer being accessable, often informations about a game as old as UO, might no longer be found....
    Are we finally getting to the real point of your post because your initial question was answered by myself and pawain long ago now you have taken your own post completely off topic and will argue and debate every reply....
    Yea.. can't say I didn't call it... IBTL
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    The page on snooping clearly says:

Snooping is an essential skill for all pvp thieves and one particular pvm encounter, it allows for targeted, rather than random, stealing. With one exception it is an active, not passive skill. The skill is checked when you attempt to open a container belonging to someone other than yourself. The title attributed to the skill is ‘spy’.

The exception is when stealing from Exodus Zealots in Exodus Dungeon. Although the zealots have no back pack, so active snooping is not possible, characters who do not have snooping skill are unable to obtain the special items possible to characters who do have the skill.

ONE PARTICULAR PVM ENCOUNTER!

It then goes on to list that pvm encounter as stealing from Exodus Zealots!

edited February 2022
    Mariah said:

Snooping is an essential skill for all pvp thieves and one particular pvm encounter, it allows for targeted, rather than random, stealing. With one exception it is an active, not passive skill. The skill is checked when you attempt to open a container belonging to someone other than yourself. The title attributed to the skill is ‘spy’.

The exception is when stealing from Exodus Zealots in Exodus Dungeon. Although the zealots have no back pack, so active snooping is not possible, characters who do not have snooping skill are unable to obtain the special items possible to characters who do have the skill.

Well, my fault then, sorry, it must be my reading comprehension being faulty because, from reading that page about Snooping, I would not understand that, as @Petra_Fyde mentioned, snooping would NOT be needed when stealing balms and lotions from monsters.

I understand, from reading that page that Snooping is needed when stealing from players, and when stealing from Exodus Zealots but, in regards to stealing balms and lotions from monsters, especially when in 2 instances the page mentiones Snooping being necessary (PvP and Zelots), a player might well conclude that "also" when stealing balms and lotions from monsters, snooping was to be necessary....

Instead, according to what Petra Fyde said, it looks like in "that" case, Snooping is not necessary and they would be wasting skill points if they had snooping when stealing balms and lotions from monsters....

At least, that is what --> I <-- seem to understand from reading that page on Snooping.
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

Well, my fault then, sorry, it must be my reading comprehension being faulty because, from reading that page about Snooping, I would not understand that, as @ Petra_Fyde mentioned, snooping would NOT be needed when stealing balms and lotions from monsters.

I understand, from reading that page that Snooping is needed when stealing from players, and when stealing from Exodus Zealots but, in regards to stealing balms and lotions from monsters, especially when in 2 instances the page mentiones Snooping being necessary (PvP and Zelots), a player might well conclude that "also" when stealing balms and lotions from monsters, snooping was to be necessary....

Instead, according to what Petra Fyde said, it looks like in "that" case, Snooping is not necessary and they would be wasting skill points if they had snooping when stealing balms and lotions from monsters....

At least, that is what --> I <-- seem to understand from reading that page on Snooping.
    What does this have to do with your original post?

IBTL  @Mariah    Question asked and answered
    Hold on I'll try to answer one more thing about the armor.

I dont steal or snoop but common sense says if you want a random thing you just steal, if you want a specific thing you snoop first and grab the specific item.
    edited February 2022
    @popps.
    It looks like the maximum resist on a piece can be 12. The minimum 4.
    Neither are very common and less common for 2 at each.

You can not get 2 minimums and 2 maximums.

So your best bet would be to get pieces with 2 minimums. or as close as you can.

Example:  6/12/9/4/4  you can imbue the 4s up to 18 which increases the piece by 14 x 2 = 28.

If my earlier calculations were correct, I said you are short 25 per piece.  This adds 3 more than needed so you have slack.

So by only keeping armor pieces that have 6 or less Phy and low in two other resists.  

Your final armor can have 70 resists.

But this will take many hours and lots of frustration to achieve.

This just in:  Resists are not hard capped at 18.  For different materials you can get a different max.

Our example of leather.  Fire resist can go to 19 and Phy only 17 from imbuing.
    So that helps you get 1 more point in fire on a few pieces.

Welcome to crafting!

@popps please follow thru on this.  I really hate telling you how to do something step by step and you dont do it.  Other posters think I am a big meany for being salty to you sometimes.  They do not know how many times I have showed you step by step how to do something and you argue about it and end up never doing it.

Now you can Lock this up.
    IBTL !!
    edited February 2022
    IBTL  @ Mariah    Question asked and answered
    Not really, I still have my Imbuing/Reforging issue unsolved...

That is, it is far from being clear : 

1) - If it is possible, considered the game mechanics, that one can craft those 4 pieces with the properties indicated ; 

2) - How this can be done, really....

As I said, I need to craft 4 pieces with, possibly, 190 Luck on each, a total of 70% LRC across the 4 of them, and a total of 285 Resists across them 4 pieces (an average of 71.25 resists per piece...or, 14.25 per each of the 5 resists....).

Noone so far, at least to my understanding, has given indication on how exactly this can be done, if it can be done in the first place.....
    Pawain said:
    Hold on I'll try to answer one more thing about the armor.

I dont steal or snoop but common sense says if you want a random thing you just steal, if you want a specific thing you snoop first and grab the specific item.
    With, apparently, the notable exception of Exodus Zelots where, one cannot snoop their backpack and, yet, snooping is mandatorily required in order to be able to "random" (not selected) steal anything from them....
This discussion has been closed.