Halloween House Decorating Contest Voting and Winners!

Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 139Dev
edited November 2023 in General Discussions
I would first like to thank everyone for their participation! There were so many amazing houses! In total, there were 33 valid submissions! All of them can be found here: Submissions Thread. With that being said, let's start the voting!

Each shard has their own submissions. Please vote for your favorite for each shard! Voting ends on 11/6/23 at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be announced on 11/7/2023 here with the winning house picture! Good luck!!

Click Here to choose your winners!

Congrats to all the Winners!!
Thank you all for your participation!!

Asuka -
WINNER: 
@blend "[9_9*]Halloweeeeeen" - Coco

Atlantic -
WINNER: @Lestat "North Jhelom Dock" - Lestat

Balhae -
WINNER: @Hina "Frontier" - Hina

Catskills -
WINNER: @Xuri "Himura Homestead" - Xuri

Chesapeake -
WINNER: @LilyGrace "Coves End Witches Brew Academy" - Corryn Wyrdd

Drachenfels -
WINNER: @Egglett "No Doves Fly Here" - AMEBIX

Europa -
WINNER: @Lewtocalypse "Eigil's Castle of Madness" - Richard O'Brien

Great Lakes -
WINNER: @Reinquist "Bone Graveyard" - Reinquist

Lake Superior -
WINNER: @policy7naz "House of Desire" - Desire

Legends -
WINNER: @Toriana "Shadow's Bluff" - Shadow

Oceania -
WINNER: @Vald "The c0ckpit" - Cooper

Origin -
WINNER: @Larisa "Castello Dell'isola Del Pugnale" - Larisa

Pacific -
WINNER: @NakedGunns539 "Burnt Haven of Doom" - Jicky

Sonoma -
WINNER: @Lily "Haunted Mansion" - Lily

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    So some shards have winners already?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:
    So some shards have winners already?

Some Shard had just one single entry to the Contest, so... :D
     :D  That works for an answer,  I told LS I was gonna put a pumpkin on my roof and win if they did not enter! 

Great contest!  Congrats to all the entries!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    LOL Nice, that's one way to get people to participate!

I won by default :/ doesn't feel like much of a win. We have guildmate, if you had come to the Haunted House, we had a teleporter to his castle..he would have won hands down.

This is just the roof....

Anyway, congrats to those who won by default for being the only brave souls on their shard to enter!

The rest, so hard to chose, so many good designs! But I voted..so good luck to all who entered!

ROOF.png 845.7K

• SylphSylph Posts: 24
    Larisa said:

I won by default :/ doesn't feel like much of a win. We have guildmate, if you had come to the Haunted House, we had a teleporter to his castle..he would have won hands down.

This is just the roof....

Anyway, congrats to those who won by default for being the only brave souls on their shard to enter!

The rest, so hard to chose, so many good designs! But I voted..so good luck to all who entered!

That is awesome wow!

Lady Sylph/Lady Gem Star
    Atlantic/Legends

edited November 2023
    Larisa said:

(...)

***Anyway, congrats to those who won by default for being the only brave souls on their shard to enter!***

That's the point, insn't? 

The Contest run for a whole month, so the time to enter was there: why didn't they take part in it?

Mine is not a defiant question: I'm really curious to know why nobody entered, e.g., the wonderful House you just shown...
  • Yeah, I was really surprised not to see more entries. I have to think a lot of folks didn’t know about it. Lots of players don’t come to the message boards at all.  Maybe if there had been a blurb at the game’s login? 

Me if Larisa’s guildmate had entered…

That is just spectacular! Why in the world did they not enter?! 

I enjoyed what everyone shared so much! Really creative and so much fun to see. 
    Maybe they will continue to do this for other holidays. 

The first responses were oh, I'll never have a chance, someone one with 20 accounts will win.  So, ya don't enter you won't win.

There are lots of great decorators in UO.

• Maybe they were too busy with the event in Tokuno? or didnt have the deco stuff ..etc. Hopefully more entries next year, if players have a year to bunker up Halloween stuff.. It has been great fun and the voting rules seemed unusually fair! That means alot.
  • Not having deco stuff is hardly an excuse. B) The past 26 years, countless UO players have demonstrated that exactly this brings out the best in them.
  • Anyhow the winners by default all did a good job! I had voted on some of themif it had been possible  :)

• SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    edited November 2023

Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

(...)

***Anyway, congrats to those who won by default for being the only brave souls on their shard to enter!***

The Contest run for a whole month, so the time to enter was there: why didn't they take part in it?

Mine is not a defiant question: I'm really curious to know why nobody entered, e.g., the wonderful House you just shown...

i didnt enter because i didnt want a sign outside of my house.    and it would have been awkward to ask to have it removed if i happened to win.  maybe the castle owner had the same thoughts.  i would have entered if the prize was different, or even no prize at all (just not a sign) 

edited November 2023
    Smoot said:

Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

(...)

i didnt enter because i didnt want a sign outside of my house.    and it would have been awkward to ask to have it removed if i happened to win.  maybe the castle owner had the same thoughts.  i would have entered if the prize was different, or even no prize at all (just not a sign) 

Contest or not, your House is still beautiful! <3
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    @Ivenor

thanks! 

• I can see where some might want a sign placed and others not so much. If I were to have my druthers I’d love to have a unique Halloween themed deco piece engraved with winner’s info that you could lock down. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    Chapel of Love on Sonoma
    first house west of Luna bank
    has a runic atlas with the locations for the Sonoma entries
  • Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 139Dev
    edited November 2023
    Congrats to all the winners this year! Details of the voting can be found here. Thank you all for your participation!

edited November 2023
    Congratulation to the Europa Shard winner, "Eigil’s Castle of Madness" ( @Lewtocalypse ): his Maze idea and realization is really good! <3

For myself, maybe next year I will try with 1,000 Cats instead of only 100, and will have the whole  @Devs Team eaten to their bones, non only @Mesanna...
    >:) :D ;)

BTW: My "House of Cats" will remain open for some time yet: any eventual donation of stray Black Cat Stauettes (or any other feline-themed item...) would be much appreciated! :)
    Congratulations to all winners
    edited November 2023
    @Community Manager
    if you hold other contests like this, in the future
    do you have the ability to make moongtes to the locations?
    it would be easier for people to be able to vote
    (easier to see the entries in person, rather than to search for the images on the posts)

example: moongates at Britain commons, to all entries
  • @ "Community Manager"
    if you hold other contests like this, in the future
    do you have the ability to make moongtes to the locations?
    it would be easier for people to be able to vote
    (easier to see the entries in person, rather than to search for the images on the posts)

example: moongates at Britain commons, to all entries

There will be a different method of doing this in the future. :)

Ivenor said:
    Congratulation to the Europa Shard winner, "Eigil’s Castle of Madness" ( @ Lewtocalypse ): his Maze idea and realization is really good! <3

For myself, maybe next year I will try with 1,000 Cats instead of only 100, and will have the whole  @ Devs Team eaten to their bones, non only @ Mesanna...
    >:) :D ;)

BTW: My "House of Cats" will remain open for some time yet: any eventual donation of stray Black Cat Stauettes (or any other feline-themed item...) would be much appreciated! :)

Last but no least, a BIG thanks to everyone that Voted for my House! <3
  • Thank you to everyone who voted for my house on Lake Superior!   <3  I always have a good time decorating for the holidays - especially for Halloween. Too bad no one took a trick-or-treat bag! LOL  

Thank you!
  • LestatLestat Posts: 23
    Thanks to everyone who voted for my dock on Atlantic.
    All of the designs were good.
  • Genuinely didn't think I'd win this, since a big part of my house is the "Quest" to discover the code to the treasure I thought it was more of a "You had to experience it" rather than just seeing it. I had some real headaches with the mechanics of it all and trying to second guess how people might interact with it whilst keeping in mind I also needed to deco the design - So spinning plates, and thinking in acute angles was the order of the day. But I'm pleased people took a chance! Thankyou. And, like some others have stated, it will be around a while yet, so if anyone wants to play for the treasure, it's still there to be won! You can do it with a noob char just fine, so long as it does not have night sight (elf). Hope to see some of you!

Also, a few special notes;
    1. Huge thanks to Mim Foxglove for helping grow me all the hedges I needed for the "maze" part. I've already left a dedication on the steps to that effect.
    2. Also, Lestat that North Jhelom Dock was genius. My favourite of all the houses.  
    3. Ivenor, I did indeed enjoy your house of cats a lot. As a cat lover, I cranked up the volume and did a few laps. Hilarious!

Regards,

Eigil, Lackluster Barbarian of Europa -  (Aka, Richard O'Brien - House Owner - The account I made to do this - Anyone seen the Crystal Maze? Superb). 
    edited November 2023
    Yeah I wish the original thread was still up, or if it is, I can't find it. I was going to go through your house but now I have no idea where it is. 

Found it!

All of the entries were really good! I am always interested in seeing other people's deco ideas. I run around other shards and if a house is public, I go in!

(...)

3. Ivenor, I did indeed enjoy your house of cats a lot. As a cat lover, I cranked up the volume and did a few laps. Hilarious!

(...)
    Hi!

Thanks for the visit! I hope the tour didn't damage too much you auditory faculty... :D ;)

I.
  • LestatLestat Posts: 23
    Genuinely didn't think I'd win this, since a big part of my house is the "Quest" to discover the code to the treasure I thought it was more of a "You had to experience it" rather than just seeing it. I had some real headaches with the mechanics of it all and trying to second guess how people might interact with it whilst keeping in mind I also needed to deco the design - So spinning plates, and thinking in acute angles was the order of the day. But I'm pleased people took a chance! Thankyou. And, like some others have stated, it will be around a while yet, so if anyone wants to play for the treasure, it's still there to be won! You can do it with a noob char just fine, so long as it does not have night sight (elf). Hope to see some of you!

Also, a few special notes;
    1. Huge thanks to Mim Foxglove for helping grow me all the hedges I needed for the "maze" part. I've already left a dedication on the steps to that effect.
    2. Also, Lestat that North Jhelom Dock was genius. My favourite of all the houses.  

Regards,

Eigil, Lackluster Barbarian of Europa -  (Aka, Richard O'Brien - House Owner - The account I made to do this - Anyone seen the Crystal Maze? Superb). 
    Thank you for your feedback.
  • Thank you to all the people who voted for Shadow's Bluff on Legends. I have so much fun decorating!
    Can we do another contest for the holidays? 
    I can't wait to get my house sign!  I would love to do more deco-type contests in the future.