Vendor Search : anyone else having trouble with multiple words searches ?

I am having issues trying to make searches on VS with more then 1 word.

It most always times out. Even with 1 word, the searching process takes unusually longer.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues ?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    edited November 2023
    How vendor search works during almost every play session varies a lot.  Using multiple words though does not affect however it is working at the time for me.  Just keep it to three words or less.
  • No

• @Kyronix vendor search is a mess again. everytime you guys do a maintenance to it we have crappy weeks after why do you touch it? it was working great since months
    Game always does not work right for a few days after when routine maintenance is done.  That’s your confirmation it was done.
  • For real though, this is happening to me too for over a week.  VS isn't accepting more than one search keyword.  I can find things if I only use one word in search or use the other parameters to search but if you put more than one word in, it times out every time.  It's really hurting me because my vendors are fully stocked with runics and crafting related things and haven't sold a single item in like 10 days.  You can't use VS for copper runics, for instance, because you can only type 'copper' or 'runic' in the keyword and it'll take you an hour to scroll the results.  I imagine it's been impossible to sell resources as well, really anything that doesn't have a stat attribute to search by...
    Multiple word searches still work fine for me.  Recommend you check your search screen carefully for other search criteria you might have forgotten to delete.  If it looks good, recommend you contact support. 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    edited November 2023
    A single word, Dieffenbachia, search is timing out for me on Pacific, Catskills, and Atlantic.

The Elephant Ear Dieffenbachia is from the 16th Anniversary Bag.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    I been having problems for about 3 days now keeps timing out
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    ya it keeps doing that to me too
    and then all of a sudden
    it will open up while I'm out fighting at the graveyards
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    So what is it that you are searching for that you are having a problem with
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Everything on multiple shards 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    ya its still really bad
    Grimbeard said:
    Try using the word WEIGHT
    Grimbeard said:
    We all know how to use VS...
    edited November 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    We all know how to use VS...
    Really, sounds like some people may need help there Mr. Troll
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    I'm also having trouble searching for just about everything. Even when I narrow things down using the filters and no words it's timing out.

Example - I was searching for a ring with +20 necro & 1/3 casting. That's something that is narrow enough that I don't need to type anything in text; just use filters. These sort of things didn't really have an issue before (maybe 2 weeks ago?) but now even a search like this is timing out.

I've also noticed that VS has been down more than usual. My searches will time out out once or twice and then like the third or fourth attempt it says I must be in a house or in town (I'm in Luna the whole time) and VS is down for 5min or so. This has happened to me at least 4 or 5 times alone; not counting when I try to look for an item and the VS option is greyed out.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 28
    edited November 2023
    I'm curious how people narrow down searches for Powerscrolls and Scrolls of Transcendence... If you could enter 4 words instead of 3, it would be better. Example instead of Scroll of Chivalry, you can do Exalted Scroll of Chivalry. What else can you narrow down? The price? I did that last night. 10,000,000 - 15,000,000... Excluded Felucca... Etc.. still timed out.  I did 5,000,000 - 5,000,000 ... Still timed out.. I even included Cursed.. still timed out.
  • Necronom said:
    I'm curious how people narrow down searches for Powerscrolls and Scrolls of Transcendence... If you could enter 4 words instead of 3, it would be better. Example instead of Scroll of Chivalry, you can do Exalted Scroll of Chivalry. What else can you narrow down? The price? I did that last night. 10,000,000 - 15,000,000... Excluded Felucca... Etc.. still timed out.  I did 5,000,000 - 5,000,000 ... Still timed out.. I even included Cursed.. still timed out.

"Exalted chivary"
    Chivalry only thing you need to type then add cursed from drop down menu
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,845
    edited November 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Chivalry only thing you need to type then add cursed from drop down menu
    Don't even need to type chivalry   *edit* Did that on atl just now and the results came up in 3 seconds.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I use these three word combos for power scrolls.   Scroll Legend Chiv    After the search is complete, I backspace out Chiv, and type in ana for anatomy.  I just keep repeating this procedure for the half dozen or so scrolls I search for.  This method can be used for all scrolls, masteries and a few other things.  I do not generally exclude areas.  I try to keep my searches pretty straight forward. With EC the results are easy to read.  Generally, it frustrates me some that vendor search’s actual performance varies all night long, but it works much better than it did a year or two ago.

It's the lack of ability to fix permanently that makes people upset