Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Why on earth would we help cheaters? 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Not all who get anti-afk'd are cheaters.  And since real world money is involved with the potion making someone lose real world money because of buggy automatic anti-afk code sets them up for lawsuits.
    So the solution to a broken system that punishes regular players is to reward cheaters ?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited November 2023
    TimSt beat me to the post. I was busy creating my own made-up conversation.

The anti-afk code is flagging legitimate players. That's really the core problem. It's not only those violating the TOS who are being affected. 

On top of that, you spend $2 US for your potion, the inadequate coding flags you afk, you cannot play and receive the service you paid for, Broadsword keeps your $2 US and your SOL.

Broadsword as a company is very close to the line here with just outright stealing from customers.

Additionally, Broadsword has taken the stance that being flagged is the players problem and have provided no method to dispute their decision. 

It begins to sound more and more like some back alley setup doesn't it? Hardly how a legitimate company would behave.

Beyond sounding like an outright scam on the face of it, Broadsword may well have begun to run into problems with EA's legal department.

This is the exact type of illegal behavior that goes on in all types of scams.

"Hey you, pay us for this service.
    Ok.
    Thanks for the cash sucker.
    Uh, where's my service?
    What do you mean where's your service?
    You know, the service I just paid you for.
    Don't know what you're talking about.
    Can I speak to someone else.

No. We don't make mistakes. Too bad, so sad. Piss off.
    Were sorry, but the number you have dialed is no longer available..."  
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    More info is needed from these players who are flagged but innocent.  I tried to get flagged by last night using 2 accounts for 2 hours, they both were not flagged.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    More info is needed from these players who are flagged but innocent.  I tried to get flagged by last night using 2 accounts for 2 hours, they both were not flagged.  
    I don't disagree agree that most of the "innocent " aren't however cheaters should suffer the loss of potion time
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    I don't disagree agree that most of the "innocent " aren't however cheaters should suffer the loss of potion time
    I am fine if the cheaters dont suffer, because they have to finish the hour without cheating.  :D
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    On Pac there's an archer that got flagged and( I know he would never use and cheat programs)  he was running around killing mobs. They definitely have an issue to fix / adjust .
  • RinerRiner Posts: 366
    Have had guildies healing from boats and sending pets in that have gotten flagged yet are there the whole time talking, just don’t move far enough to avoid flag.
    Riner said:
    Have had guildies healing from boats and sending pets in that have gotten flagged yet are there the whole time talking, just don’t move far enough to avoid flag.
     :D I have had a guy stationed on my ship for many hours, just to res and help with paragons. 

The only time I was hit with this was at the anhk in Destard.  Had a guy there doing area spells when I brought crowds to him. Most think this started after Destard. 

Funny how no one hit has specifics, seems it's always my cousins uncle said... 
    My uncle is my aunt Bobby and my aunt is my uncle bob now neither of them got flagged @Pawain
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     ;) 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    When you jump in to a group of players you don’t know to help them kill whatever they are already fighting that’s when you get flagged.  That’s when I got flagged in Deciet.  Have never had enough players in the Waste at one time on my shard to take on a dragon para so have not been flagged here yet.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2023
    Pawain said:
    Riner said:
     :D I have had a guy stationed on my ship for many hours, just to res and help with paragons. 

The only time I was hit with this was at the anhk in Destard.  Had a guy there doing area spells when I brought crowds to him. Most think this started after Destard. 

How do you keep him logged in when he's not being used for res'n ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited November 2023
    Pawain said:
    Riner said:

How do you keep him logged in when he's not being used for res'n ?
    Good question.  I have wondered that also. My ship is on the NW corner of beetlescape. I assume that the non spawn mobs walk by enough or players run by enough to keep them logged in.  The aft of the ship is out of range for the mobs spells. That is where I stand because when I stood in the middle I would hear him yell in pain as he died, so I would look over to that monitor and see him dead. So, that would defeat the purpose of him helping me kill things as fast as possible.  I think the log out timer is 7 mins,  Just me killing things in beetlescape makes a para beetle in less than 7 mins, so it could be me getting close enough to keep him logged in.

Last night I found my tamers Triton can tank a para beetle pretty well without doing a lot of damage, and my Archer can find a spot on shore so the para wont retarget and the Archer does a lot more damage. So I may switch to using the tamer on the ship when others are not around to help with paragons.  

When the event began I could not stay on the ship because beacons kept popping up there and they attack ships with players on them. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited November 2023

Pawain said:
      I've had the same experience using UOA & 1 default CC (2 clients at once) and I've never been hit with this anti-afk thing,  probably wasn't afk more than 5 minutes in the dungeon, but outside at the point vendor afk numerous times for 5-20mins at a time during previous ToT events when people were bringing this issue up.

I did not test during this event, I've only farmed the current one for maybe an hour so far.

I was honestly skeptical of the whole thing until Kyronix posted in another thread basically verifying its existence.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RinerRiner Posts: 366
    @Pawain I realize it did not happen to me, however, it is not hearsay as you are implying as we were together at the location and on voice in discord. As for specifics, he was playing from one of the ships, as we ran groups up he would heal those on shore and occasionally have to provide a res. Most of the time this did not require him to move his character from one place to another rather cast heal, hit the life bar of the toon that was low, and repeat. Rarely, he would click the mooring lines and put his pet on something to speed up the kill, it was in doing this he discovered his pet no longer attacked anything at the ship. After trying for a bit in that area he went around the island and attempted to have his pet attack things without success. Pretty much sums up the idea that he was hit with the Anti-AFK code even though he was there. Not surprising really as he most likely did not move often enough but likely one of the reasons they are addressing this by freezing potions of glorious fortune.
    Riner said:
    @ Pawain I realize it did not happen to me, however, it is not hearsay as you are implying as we were together at the location and on voice in discord. As for specifics, he was playing from one of the ships, as we ran groups up he would heal those on shore and occasionally have to provide a res. Most of the time this did not require him to move his character from one place to another rather cast heal, hit the life bar of the toon that was low, and repeat. Rarely, he would click the mooring lines and put his pet on something to speed up the kill, it was in doing this he discovered his pet no longer attacked anything at the ship. After trying for a bit in that area he went around the island and attempted to have his pet attack things without success. Pretty much sums up the idea that he was hit with the Anti-AFK code even though he was there. Not surprising really as he most likely did not move often enough but likely one of the reasons they are addressing this by freezing potions of glorious fortune.
    So he was exhibiting afk behavior. Sounds like he proved it is working as intended. That's why Blackthorns was emptied. Because players did exactly as described and others were angry about it.

Least they are not closing the event.
    Pawain said:
    Riner said:
    @ Pawain I realize it did not happen to me, however, it is not hearsay as you are implying as we were together at the location and on voice in discord. As for specifics, he was playing from one of the ships, as we ran groups up he would heal those on shore and occasionally have to provide a res. Most of the time this did not require him to move his character from one place to another rather cast heal, hit the life bar of the toon that was low, and repeat. Rarely, he would click the mooring lines and put his pet on something to speed up the kill, it was in doing this he discovered his pet no longer attacked anything at the ship. After trying for a bit in that area he went around the island and attempted to have his pet attack things without success. Pretty much sums up the idea that he was hit with the Anti-AFK code even though he was there. Not surprising really as he most likely did not move often enough but likely one of the reasons they are addressing this by freezing potions of glorious fortune.
    So he was exhibiting afk behavior. Sounds like he proved it is working as intended. That's why Blackthorns was emptied. Because players did exactly as described and others were angry about it.

This no different than what your bard does how does it affect some and not others 
    edited November 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Riner said:

This no different than what your bard does how does it affect some and not others 
    My bard is following me. So moving. He said this person is on a ship not moving. Using a pet to damage mobs and casting heals.

Literally something others would call bots. Exactly what players were doing in Blackthorns.

So the game sees this player as afk since there is no movement. The game does not recognize chatting as not being afk.

So, now we know we need to move around to not get flagged. 

You can use others experiences to gain knowledge. If you try.
    If you stand in frozen in place like the game mechanics force you to when you cast a spell, you can be flagged.  That when the game flagged me several times.  It did not like who I was standing with.
    Arnold7 said:
    If you stand in frozen in place like the game mechanics force you to when you cast a spell, you can be flagged.  That when the game flagged me several times.  It did not like who I was standing with.
    Really, you cast so slow you are afk tagged.  :D
     :D 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     :D 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2023
    So far I was not flagged by the system when my warrior is running around killing and dying from paragons. I have used more than 10 bottles of potions so far.

My two biggest complains are those "ghost" toons that are causing unnecessary death as they are targeted by the software, and the rewards are still shard bound and I have to get extras on other shards I am playing for all my toons. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Oh lord, not this again. Having been a victim to a mistaken ban last year, Why are they doing this again with out some improvements?
  • Is the Anti-AFK system for events?

I ask because I have seen characters in dungeons standing in place attacking slims [for training purposes] or even spiders in the Underworld dungeon and not moving. 

Question for players that have been flagged by the Anti-AFK system.  Do you see a message or see an icon in the buff/debuff bar appear? 

Thanks,
    Spellbreaker
  • Could somebody explain me, how anti macro codes is working? When i jump into game with my sempire and i get hit by that code after 5 minutes while i am running around?

How &%x/§($ is this stuff implemented?

edited November 2023
    Pawain UO’s game mechanics do not consider casting movement.  I got flagged because my character was standing in one place casting spells at a stationary target.  Similar to what happens when a half dozen players attack a boss being held in place by a pet.  If you stand in place on your roof and use a macro to cast spells over and over the game will time you out.  When players and what the cheat program considers bots attack the same, let’s say para with tons of hit points, the program can’t differentiate between players and bots so i am guessing it flags all of them. In none of the cases when I was flagged was I standing in one place before or after attacking the para.  Don’t think any of the fights in which I was flagged lasted more than 60 seconds.  With all of us attacking at the same time even the toughest paras did not last long.
    Arnold7 said:
    Pawain UO’s game mechanics do not consider casting movement.  I got flagged because my character was standing in one place casting spells at a stationary target.  Similar to what happens when a half dozen players attack a boss being held in place by a pet.  If you stand in place on your roof and use a macro to cast spells over and over the game will time you out.  When players and what the cheat program considers bots attack the same, let’s say para with tons of hit points, the program can’t differentiate between players and bots so i am guessing it flags all of them. In none of the cases when I was flagged was I standing in one place before or after attacking the para.  Don’t think any of the fights in which I was flagged lasted more than 60 seconds.  With all of us attacking at the same time even the toughest paras did not last long.
    Every night I have a tamer standing on a ship with a pet on the ground. He says all kill once in a while and casts res as needed.

I don't know how you are standing more still than he is.