Treasures of the Feudal Lands is now LIVE!

124»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Cookie said:
         Hi @ kyronix I don't usually tag you - but here is what I mean, when I say you gear the game too much towards warriors. This is my 2 accounts, and my 2 sons accounts, and these are the drops we are after. I love the drops, I love the event, but you can clearly see - my warriors stand to progress the most. 
    And yet, the only 1 piece for Warriors with some Luck is the Feudal Cloak of Elements...

I think that Warriors, who have higher difficulties to implement Luck in their suits as compared to Spellcasting, Taming and other Templates, should have more Luck pieces geared towards the stats which Warriors need in order to be effective at fighting...

As of now, trying to raise Luck on a Warrior's suit risks compromising much their fighting ability and survival chances....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    @popps lets see that warrior Luck Suit you cant fight in.  I am doing fine in mine.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ConfusionConfusion Posts: 6
    edited October 2023
    Cookie said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Don’t see much here I would want for my mage.  Think prices are rather high for stuff that wears out.  Do have a question though.  Why would I want gloves with a 30 point necromancy reduction on them?  Why would this be desirable?  Would not mind the 15 additional chivalry points but just don’t see why reducing necro. by 30 points would be useful.  Thanks.
    Not everyone wants to be a Sampire :)

Paladin healing warrior would love them.

Drop your chivalry by 15, wear Serpent skin quiver for +5 Anatomy.  Raise necro to 120.  Add +10 necro to jewel.  One jewel slot for a 40 stat piece is not a bad trade off.  The -30 necro is not a deterrent. 
  • Oreogl said:
    Kyronix said:
    You need more luck.  700 is low by today's standards.

I'm dead in the water then. Oh well. Thanks for posting so that way I won't try.
    You have two months.

what shard do you play?  Aren’t you on GL too?

Yep. And credit where credit's due, I've been doing far better than I expected to, with little or no or minimal Luck (punctuated by moments of hitting the Luck statue). I'm just selling the artifacts at present (I'm Duncan on GL now so you've probably seen me).
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    i switch out chiv for healing for these global events.  i do have 60 extra skill points on my suit, but even with only 30 extra skill points it would still be possible.   just makes things easier.

tried a 1k luck suit and it wasnt worth the loss in stats.  i get more drops killing faster and staying alive than with a luck suit.
  • Kyronix said:
    You need more luck.  700 is low by today's standards.

Credit where credit's due. I've been doing far better than I had feared I would. Like most people I can't help but partly judge "good design" based on how well I do, I just admit it. So thank you.

This is UO so I gotta way something negative: I certainly appreciate that lore exists, thank you for that. It is, though, a tad minimal and I think you might be contradicting some of the older lore. (Though, again, this is UO. So it's kind of hard to tell sometimes. Even in the old days the lore could be a tad....Loose. I'd recommend working with EM Malachi, he's very good at knowledge of the lore and finding creative ways to make things fit.)

I'll end on some deserved positive notes: Like I said, it's been way more fun than, and I've been doing way better than, I had feared. And I appreciate the fact that there is lore even if I quibble with it. (I've always hated "there's new stuff without explanation, reason, or lore." So I appreciate it when lore exists and when it's integrated with the event itself like it is here.)
     :) @JohnKnighthawke glad you gave it a try.

I am not a lore person, but they say Fuedal Lands was the name of Tokuno when introduced or something like that.  Thats all the lore I need forever. 

There are places to play and have fun for any skill level in this event, and places to die when you get too confident.
    Smoot said:
    i switch out chiv for healing for these global events.  i do have 60 extra skill points on my suit, but even with only 30 extra skill points it would still be possible.   just makes things easier.

tried a 1k luck suit and it wasnt worth the loss in stats.  i get more drops killing faster and staying alive than with a luck suit.
    I modified mine again to get full resists.

Someone with better skills than I could get drops with this.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2023
    @Kyronix

Honest feedback:

Good points:
    Best treasures event to date, good new rewards, etc etc etc.

Bad points:
    - Pls fix the memory leaks? or bug that caused those ghost graphics. We have to logout and back to clear em.
    - Pls add cooldown timer for luck potion. This is paid product and deserves attention.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Another bad point is the reward continues to be shard bound. Pls consider removing this or provide paid options, at least.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs