ToT gameplay is so exhilarating

Watching about 70 sampiers fly by at mach 11 killing stuff at no hesitation, no pause, fighting for the spawn. The same exact characters that were doing it 24/7 in Fire, Hythloth, Deceit, now in Tokuno. The best is when some of them die and bug out, sitting at the healer, casting Vampiric embrace or something for hours on end sometimes 5-10 in a stack of characters. Or when their weapon breaks, and/or their pet dies (the ones that don't use ethys) and they're running around on foot without a weapon for days on end. At least a little comedy relieve in this massive FAILURE.

How demoralizing it is to watch this happen time and time again. If I do get a few hours to play to get some artifacts they're completely devalued by the bots.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• username said:
    Watching about 70 sampiers fly by at mach 11 killing stuff at no hesitation, no pause, fighting for the spawn. The same exact characters that were doing it 24/7 in Fire, Hythloth, Deceit, now in Tokuno. The best is when some of them die and bug out, sitting at the healer, casting Vampiric embrace or something for hours on end sometimes 5-10 in a stack of characters. Or when their weapon breaks, and/or their pet dies (the ones that don't use ethys) and they're running around on foot without a weapon for days on end. At least a little comedy relieve in this massive FAILURE.

How demoralizing it is to watch this happen time and time again. If I do get a few hours to play to get some artifacts they're completely devalued by the bots.

you seem the enjoy more and mroe the game each of you post you ever did is about bots or bashing the devs or the game suck.you must be dreaming there is some bots comploting against you i guess. Start doing what you like in game and yeah if you see bots you can page in game it s the way to do it you already been told multiple time it s not the place to do it and you still do it .you dont listen at all. if you want the bots to get actionned dont post here you are wasting the precious time and fun time you seem to have daily playing ultima online. For the price on the drop i dont know any server that they are cheap and btw are you not the one who always cry for account bound stuff and now you cry about being low for sale...hummmmmm
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited October 2023
    creampie said:
    username said:

you seem the enjoy more and mroe the game each of you post you ever did is about bots or bashing the devs or the game suck.you must be dreaming there is some bots comploting against you i guess. Start doing what you like in game and yeah if you see bots you can page in game it s the way to do it you already been told multiple time it s not the place to do it and you still do it .you dont listen at all. if you want the bots to get actionned dont post here you are wasting the precious time and fun time you seem to have daily playing ultima online. For the price on the drop i dont know any server that they are cheap and btw are you not the one who always cry for account bound stuff and now you cry about being low for sale...hummmmmm
    Yea, clearly I love how the game is going by the use of blatant sarcasm and calling it a massive failure. Good troll. I must be slacking paying the troll tax, so here you go:
    Candy Wrapper Clip Art Images  Browse 3299 Stock Photos Vectors and  Video  Adobe Stock
    Yay candy.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    username said:

One thing I do not understand....

These Multi BOTers/scripters can be found in a limited place, the few areas which have the new Event running....

Well, then, how difficult would it be for Game Masters, to check the areas involved with the Event on all Shards, spot the apparent Multi BOTers/scripters and go from there, further investigate if they are using illegal Third Party applications to do their Multi BOTting/scripting and go from there, eventually banning accounts if that is applicable.

I mean, it should not be that much difficult or time consuming, knowing where to find these Multi BOTters/scripters....
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    popps said:
    username said:

These Multi BOTers/scripters can be found in a limited place, the few areas which have the new Event running....

Well, then, how difficult would it be for Game Masters, to check the areas involved with the Event on all Shards, spot the apparent Multi BOTers/scripters and go from there, further investigate if they are using illegal Third Party applications to do their Multi BOTting/scripting and go from there, eventually banning accounts if that is applicable.

I mean, it should not be that much difficult or time consuming, knowing where to find these Multi BOTters/scripters....
    I thinks it’s well established they’re only actioned if it unattended scripting.  I’d assume most scripts even have an auto reply for GM remarks. I mean I think even UOA has it and that’s been out for years.  No idea if it works but the button is there.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Oreogl said:
    popps said:
    username said:

I thinks it’s well established they’re only actioned if it unattended scripting.  I’d assume most scripts even have an auto reply for GM remarks. I mean I think even UOA has it and that’s been out for years.  No idea if it works but the button is there.

Dude, that auto reply to GM mark is for crafting.....smdh
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited October 2023
    Hehe yea the GM auto-reply  UOA is a feature for crafting, has nothing to do with game-masters, I thought the same thing way back when I first saw it too though.

There are client termination scripts that respond when a GM talks to the character by logging that account out.   I'm not sure if that actually works... if Mesanna wasn't lying when she said  "programs are detectable",  then it shouldn't have even the slightest chance of successfully avoiding any action taken to the account(s) in question... but we've heard warnings about third-party client use, yet they're empty warnings because third-party programs are used by more players than not and half the time, people posting screenshots here on UO's Official Forum using illegal clients/programs, are 'removed' with no further action.  that should tell you everything you need to know.

When the players can often times, tell the difference between a player and a script (let alone groups of 10+ characters running the same script) it is indeed a massive failure, 

I saw a thread about third-party clients/multiboxing/cheats/scripts etc etc, earlier today closed recently, where a mod said there are several threads on this topic already..... 

Well, maybe if something was f**king done about this specific issue (that Should be absolute top priority), because it IS ruining the game for most people, and if it weren't there wouldn't be so many threads about it would there?.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    Ya I just hope the scripters start selling the new items cheap    ;)
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    Skett said:
    Right?  They’re out there doing Gods work

• SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    at this point, it would better for the game to just give out the items for free.   and people could still kill spawn and collect the event armor if they wanted too. 

all these events are anymore is a handful of professional botters profiting monetarily from the content the devs produce.

i just dont understand.  the devs make the effort to put out new content, but then stop there.  putting absolutely 0 effort into protecting the quality of that content.  like why even bother anymore?  id rather not have global tots at all anymore than in the current state their in.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited October 2023
    Oreogl said:
    Skett said:
    Right?  They’re out there doing Gods work
     Oh yea, cause that happens....

Most of the cheap items sold are by players trying to sell the items for prices based on the drop/point value (generally it starts around ~2m /point, then drops to about 500-800k a week or so before the event ends),  

Then they skyrocket in price because they're no longer obtainable, and bots have an abundance  that nobody can see except the botters who've accumulated like ~20+ (the math may be much higher depending on how many different good rewards there are during said event) of each.drop (doing nothing, and not restricted by playtime) not selling for less than 5m/point value and up..  -Balron Bone Armor 750m+.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659