Tamers of Sosaria, How do you make paragons not attack you?

Whenever I see a paragon they stop attacking my pet and kill me.

I saw 7-8 instances where tamers were healing their pets but the paragon did not attack them. Any ideas how to do that?

Thanks!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Don't move don't let anyone run by you. Invis as needed.

They nerf us during these events even tho we get half the drops of a melee template.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Yeah, I saw a lot of archers and melee guys getting a lot of drops in my guild. I might swap templates.
  • Make sure you don't have "always Run" checked.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Make sure you don't have "always Run" checked.

More challenging when you don't.  Then extra challenge if you run on small circles.
    edited October 2023

It is off. It does not matter. When I heal my Cu, they target me... I swear I am standing still.

• shootgun said:

It is off. It does not matter. When I heal my Cu, they target me... I swear I am standing still.

Quit bathing. i haven't taken a bath in amonth and they leave me be.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    You just have to keep invising...they will re-target onto you no matter what. I've done this every event and everyone SWEARS that if you stand still, they won't target you...THIS IS NOT THE CASE! At least in MY case....I don't even heal my Cu most of the time, I just stand there and the para will re-target onto me several times during the fight. I invis, run off a few steps, invis again, run back a few steps, invis again and it's fine for awhile.

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited October 2023

It's amazing how many people still haven't figured out yet that Paragons will lock onto fast movement, kind of like how in Jurassic Park the T-Rex can only see you if you move. People be running around like chickens with their head cut off, and start screaming when a nasty Paragon starts chasing them, and they wonder why they die.
    This clip should be required viewing for everyone just before a "Treasures of " Event.
    That's a video of the vets knowing what to do, then having to stand there and watch the newbs mess it up and get wrecked.

Here's another one.

When solo on my Death Ray Tamer/Mage ©, i can get my 120 Disco+CB Triton to tank a Skeletal Dragon Paragon, as i stand back several tiles and Kamehameha the Paragon with 600+ damage Death Ray ticks. But the moment some idgit comes running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, the Paragon will take off like a bat out of hell after them, and i'd have to start running and chasing it (que the Benny Hill music), which can get it to re-target to me (and not my pet :/, i have to make sure i have Invis pre-casted then).
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Seriously....I have used my tamer every event and EVERY event, I STAND COMPLETELY STILL....and the para's still target me....EVERY TIME.

I just invis....take a few steps back..invis again, it auto-reveals you but stays on my pet for a little bit...then re-targets me...so I invis...take a few steps back..invis again...rinse and repeat...I don't RUN when it targets me, I just invis, not moving....

• Larisa said:
    Seriously....I have used my tamer every event and EVERY event, I STAND COMPLETELY STILL....and the para's still target me....EVERY TIME.

I just invis....take a few steps back..invis again, it auto-reveals you but stays on my pet for a little bit...then re-targets me...so I invis...take a few steps back..invis again...rinse and repeat...I don't RUN when it targets me, I just invis, not moving....

It's because you're so sweet they can't resist you. <span>:smiley:</span>

Larisa said:

This is exactly what is happening to me.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited October 2023
    shootgun said:
    Whenever I see a paragon they stop attacking my pet and kill me.

I saw 7-8 instances where tamers were healing their pets but the paragon did not attack them. Any ideas how to do that?

Thanks!
    I always enjoyed playing a Tamer... unfortunately, because of all of the nerfs, including the Paragons retargeting which you mention, done over time to Tamers and their pets (did you know that pets' damage to Monsters has been "halfed" to what pets should be supposed to do ?), I ended up having to make a Warrior and play these Events without the Tamer template which I would like and would more enjoy....

This, if I want to have a chance to claim some Rewards...

What is inexplicable to me, is that, to my unerstanding, Tamers got nerfed because scripters were using them BOTted AFK and guess what ?

Now scripters use Sampiresor variation of them and the players like me who enjoyed playing a Tamer remained with their Template seriously nerfed and basically pretty much useless at these Events...

In the end, the nerf to Tamers to stop scripters did not do anything to scripters, but hurt players who enjoy playing the Tamer template....
    Every time someone runs by you, the paragon will target you.  Even if still.  There are no exit stairs to stand my 2 tamers on in this event...
    edited October 2023
    Yeah *** this ******. Even if I don't take a single step and nobody is around me, I still get targeted 7/10 times.

Before I got back, I asked on Reddit if I should come back to UO. The overall sentiment was that Mesanna was leading a sinking ship and she was doing very **** job of it.

I think it is too late for this event and I really want to play some UO until the new years. So, I will keep playing. But before the next event one of the following two things will happen:
    • I will create an army of sampires using free accounts, scripts, multiboxing, whatever I can find since they are allowed now.
    • Or, I will move to a free shard.
    edited to remove profanity
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I'm not sure how to handle these event paragons. With regular Ilsh paragons part of the 'trick' is to send the pet in from a short distance away and then teleport to it instead of walking
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    You have to work at it invis move invis run away invis but if my fisherman tamer can do it everyone can 
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    You have to work at it invis move invis run away invis but if my fisherman tamer can do it everyone can 

> invis move invis run away invis

??????????????????????????????????????

Sorry buddy, not all of us has a 5P worth pet... My CU can not even handle a Paragon Rune Beetle on his own although he is already 9x120. I literally have to get close to my pet, so I can keep it alive. It probably died more than 30+ times since yesterday, so it is not 9x120 anymore.

shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

Sorry buddy, not all of us has a 5P worth pet... My CU can not even handle a Paragon Rune Beetle on his own although he is already 9x120. I literally have to get close to my pet, so I can keep it alive. It probably died more than 30+ times since yesterday, so it is not 9x120 anymore.

I have no 9x120 pets. My Cu kills para rune beetles.  You can get a taming 3 primer to run consume.  The skele dragon is a pet killer.
    edited October 2023
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

I have no 9x120 pets. My Cu kills para rune beetles.  You can get a taming 3 primer to run consume.  The skele dragon is a pet killer.

I dont know what is wrong with my pet but he just fucking dies. Para rune beetles kill it in 7-8 hits. He does not survive even when I have consume damage.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Two words "Runic Corruption" 
    Luckily they only seem to use it once or twice.
    If you can get pup by that they seem to do ok
  • RinerRiner Posts: 366
    Cu’s can have poor resists which might cause something like that, mine have 115/110’s and do fine with the exception of para skele dragons. Those are time to mount and ride.
  • OatsOats Posts: 11
    I run peacekeeping on my tamer and am able to completely control fights, but I also don’t even bother with most high end paragons unless there are an abundance of samps around to kill it for me while I tank it. 
    shootgun said:
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

I dont know what is wrong with my pet but he just fucking dies. Para rune beetles kill it in 7-8 hits. He does not survive even when I have consume damage.
    Make a macro with vet and Gheal. That puts over 100 hp on the pet very quickly.

Every time someone runs by, the mob will target you tho.

• Kill them. If you're having a tough time trying to kill it, beg in general chat for help. 
    Kill them. If you're having a tough time trying to kill it, beg in general chat for help. 
    Ya come to LS.  I have 2 tamers set up for paragons that just sit and wait for someone to feed them one.