Treasures of the Feudal Lands is now LIVE!

Comments

• RinerRiner Posts: 366
    @popps never saw an event he didn’t hate the drop rate, mob type, spawn rate, rewards or any thing else he could whine about. The purpose of UO isn’t to cater to the least powerful, capable player. Not having time to play is a choice you make, it doesn’t mean the game should base rewards on your play time. You want the rewards put in the time, if you have other priorities, that’s great just don’t expect the same rewards. 
    @Lord_Nythrax it’s a simple fact that a pure sampire will never be able to stand up to paragons. As you are newly returned perhaps you are unaware of the answer to this, it involves a bit of work but it’s not hard, train healing, switch Necro for healing for the event and you’ll do fine. Or avoid the harder paragons. Even a pure sampire can do great in these events but if you want to face paragons the only real answer is to train healing. No need of a wide range of toons.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    popps said:
    Well, my 1st hour into the Event....

I fought for 1 hour at the snow area at the Northern tip, killed a whole bunch of stuff with a Dexer and 700 Luck, including many Paragons among which Fan Dancers and Ladies of the Snow (stayed well away from Skeletal Dragons though...) and got a whopping 3 drops....

Perhaps the drop rate is quite too much "conservative", @ Kyronix ?

I was expecting at least like 15 drops in an hour of intense fighting and from killing quite many Paragons in a fast respawn area...

I died once.

If the drop rate is like that, even being able to play all 60 days, 1 hour per day, 3 x 60 = 180 drops...

Just enough for 1 Hiryu... and even doubling the playing time to 2 hours per day (which, for a lot of players who have other things to do in their lives is a lot of time to spend in a game), that would make 360 drops in 60 days...

Not many points to claim rewards with....

Oh well....
    Need 1600+ luck champ.
    I'd rather go play ESO than screw around putting healing on my template. Peace.
    No, wait, stop.  Come back.

edited October 2023

Popps,

You have wasted your 1 hour game time for today moaning about an event that is less than 24 hours old?

WHY???

you can get 15-25 drops an hour with a samp with NO luck

so you are already 15-25 down by being on here

GET A GRIP, and get on with it
    I think I was doing about 20-25 yeah avg 2k+ luck.  When one char ran out I swapped to another.  

I’ll try the potions tomorrow.
    Skett said:
    I most be doing something wrong at 2550 luck in 4 hours 21 drops using a tamer lol
    Probably not doing anything wrong, just kill rate is slower so the drop rate is lower. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Is this a Joke?  Sampires complaining that they cant kill stuff?  You just have not done these events.  Ask @merlin for help.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • this is the most easy tot event since they do it...relax people look around tokuno and find your spot and tactic.

the negative note i forgot to tell on tc it s the color of the drops almost same color than archlich would have been nice some special white
    creampie said:
    this is the most easy tot event since they do it...relax people look around tokuno and find your spot and tactic.

the negative note i forgot to tell on tc it s the color of the drops almost same color than archlich would have been nice some special white
    They should have made the drops the color of the Mobs that dropped them.  Get some Ice deco suits 

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    popps said:

I fought for 1 hour at the snow area at the Northern tip, killed a whole bunch of stuff with a Dexer and 700 Luck, including many Paragons among which Fan Dancers and Ladies of the Snow (stayed well away from Skeletal Dragons though...) and got a whopping 3 drops....

I was expecting at least like 15 drops in an hour of intense fighting and from killing quite many Paragons in a fast respawn area...

I died once.

If the drop rate is like that, even being able to play all 60 days, 1 hour per day, 3 x 60 = 180 drops...

Just enough for 1 Hiryu... and even doubling the playing time to 2 hours per day (which, for a lot of players who have other things to do in their lives is a lot of time to spend in a game), that would make 360 drops in 60 days...

Oh well....

i just did a test playing late less people on catskills with my sampire in one hour 1 got 85 drops with luck buff and a glorious potion on...so the problem must be your build or the person behind the keyboard
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Skett said:
    I most be doing something wrong at 2550 luck in 4 hours 21 drops using a tamer lol
    That is an average of 5 drops per hour on a tamer with high Luck (2,550)...

I got 3 drops in an hour on a Warrior with lower Luck (700).

The problem with the Tamer with high Luck still getting low drop rate is because of all the nerfs done to Taming over the years... Tamers are way too slow to kill things as compared to a Warrior.

Apparently, in regards to the drops' rate, it is not only Luck that matters but also quickness of killing stuff....

The problem is, that most Luck pieces are with properties for spellcasters, very few exist with properties that Warriors need in order to be able to fight and survive...
    Oreogl said:
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....
    Need 1600+ luck champ.
    @Oreogl

Could you please explain "how" it is possible to put (without the Luck Statue or the store bought Potion) some 1,600 Luck on a Warrior suit and still be able to have 180+ Stamina, sufficient Stamina Regen, swing at 1.25 with at least most weapons and have what properties a Warrior needs to fight and stay alive ?

Thank you.
    Fortis said:
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....

i just did a test playing late less people on catskills with my sampire in one hour 1 got 85 drops with luck buff and a glorious potion on...so the problem must be your build or the person behind the keyboard
    @Fortis

And what is you build, then, if I may ask ?

Skills and gear, please...
  • this thread is so BORING POPPS. just go kill stuff it NOT hard   
    @popps took my sampire out this morning. Has 40 luck received 12 drops in an hour. Over twice what you got with 700 luck - might need to spend less time complaining and more time playing, especially if your really that hard up for free time.
    edited October 2023
    popps said:
    Oreogl said:
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....
    Need 1600+ luck champ.
    @ Oreogl

Could you please explain "how" it is possible to put (without the Luck Statue or the store bought Potion) some 1,600 Luck on a Warrior suit and still be able to have 180+ Stamina, sufficient Stamina Regen, swing at 1.25 with at least most weapons and have what properties a Warrior needs to fight and stay alive ?

Thank you.
    Sure, even in CC you can suit swap.  Most monsters are spaced so you can sacrifice swing speed in exchange for luck if you want.

i imbued a simple suit with stamina so it didn’t impact much.  The resists took a hit but not needed for most monsters.  I swap back to regular suit if i hit paragon skeleton drag (I use a sampire).

otherwise basic suit with luck talisman sandals and the clean up jewelry is sitting around 2k without statue.  (I think I’m officially at 2150 with serpent quiver and robe).

let me know if you have questions or need help with a suit.
    @Fortis have to admit I'm truly impressed with no one else around the best I could do was 26 in the ice area with 340 luck and a potion. 85 is pretty insane.
  • Kyronix said:
    You need more luck.  700 is low by today's standards.

I'm dead in the water then. Oh well. Thanks for posting so that way I won't try.
    popps said:
    Fortis said:
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....

@ Fortis

The last guy here is a dexxer.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12146/luck-values-based-on-what-items-you-can-access

The value of luck you can use is based upon your skill and reflexes.  That is why players with the same luck can get differing amounts of drops.
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:
    You need more luck.  700 is low by today's standards.

I'm dead in the water then. Oh well. Thanks for posting so that way I won't try.
    You have two months.

what shard do you play?  Aren’t you on GL too?
    edited October 2023
    @Pawain those are pretty impressive stats on the Dex suit. Do you find that the loss of the super slayer from the talisman hampers your damage? Think I'm going to work on one for my sampire\dexer to use in events.
    Riner said:
    @ Fortis have to admit I'm truly impressed with no one else around the best I could do was 26 in the ice area with 340 luck and a potion. 85 is pretty insane.

i had zero luck on my suit so i got 850 from the luck statue ( i was dumb and forgot about yukio earring) and yeah i was lucky i had a very good spot of farming for almost an hour whitout no one no para skeletal dragon....i try to tell people mass killing is better than luck but none listening. But yeah i got a very nice suit on with clean legendary. You always need to get the more mobs you can aggroing you always run around dont stand same place killing 1-2 mobs try to always have a pack.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    @popps ; How long does it take you to kill one monster?  I am watching people 1-3 hits and move on as fast as possible.  If you are taking 5 min. to kill one monster then you seriously need to rethink everything.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Fortis said:
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....

@ Fortis

The last guy here is a dexxer.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12146/luck-values-based-on-what-items-you-can-access

The value of luck you can use is based upon your skill and reflexes.  That is why players with the same luck can get differing amounts of drops.
    From that post : 

I can swing a 3.5 Sec weapon at max speed.

That is quite slower as the suggested 1.25 swing speed for a Dexer...

Sure, it has 2020 Luck but uses a shield which it means no 2-handed weapon and the 3.5 swinging might create problems with Leeching sufficient health, mana, stamina etc.
    edited October 2023
    @ popps  How long does it take you to kill one monster?  I am watching people 1-3 hits and move on as fast as possible.  If you are taking 5 min. to kill one monster then you seriously need to rethink everything.
    My impression is that I run all over the screen killing anything I see.... I do not stop to loot not even Paragons for chests... just run and kill....

Today did an hour with the Luck statue which brough me to about 2,000 Luck.... the result was 13 drops in an hour...

By the way, upon dieing, if one has drops not insured, do the Monsters loot them or was this finally fixed by the Developers ( @Kyronix ? ).

Since non-Paragon Monsters decay very fast, if they loot the uninsured drops from characters' corpses, it is very likely that with the time it takes to get ressed and back to one's own corpse, that the monster that looted might have been killed by someone else and the corpse decayed...

Monsters should NOT loot Shogun drops, PERIOD.

My biggest issue, is the slayers.... since there is way too many different monsters requiring different slayers, and I use the CC with no third party, changing slayers for Talismans and weapons is a mess, I do it manually and find myself having to look at what is what in my backpack before having to swap it...

It got so annoying that in the end I gave up swapping slayers and now I am running around with a demon weapon and an undead talisman and who cares if I do not match my targets slayers...

But this, slows down my kills times...

Only if there is a Paragon I then more focus on the correct slayers... I wished that this Event did not have so much variety or Monsters that required so much swapping of slayers which, in the end, helps mostly EC users or CC users with third party utilities... not regular CC users.
    popps said:
    @ popps  How long does it take you to kill one monster?  I am watching people 1-3 hits and move on as fast as possible.  If you are taking 5 min. to kill one monster then you seriously need to rethink everything.
    My impression is that I run all over the screen killing anything I see.... I do not stop to loot not even Paragons for chests... just run and kill....

My biggest issue, is the slayers.... since there is way too many different monsters requiring different slayers, and I use the CC with no third party, changing slayers for Talismans and weapons is a mess, I do it manually and find myself having to look at what is what in my backpack before having to swap it...

It got so annoying that in the end I gave up swapping slayers and now I am running around with a demon weapon and an undead talisman and who cares if I do not match my targets slayers...

Only if there is a Paragon I then more focus on the correct slayers... I wished that this Event did not have so much variety or Monsters that required so much swapping of slayers which, in the end, helps mostly EC users or CC users with third party utilities... not regular CC users.

i run a undead cameo and a 100% fire double axe with no slayer on it and i never chance tally and i do really fine you just dont understand that a good sampire is always surrounded by the most creature you can....more monster around you the harder you it and mroe you heal..do you understand this part even if you udnerstand you ened to be good behind the keyboarb havind 10-15 mobs with paragon on you what spell to cast and witch skill to use and when...
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    popps said:

Today did an hour with the Luck statue which brough me to about 2,000 Luck.... the result was 13 drops in an hour...

By the way, upon dieing, if one has drops not insured, do the Monsters loot them or was this finally fixed by the Developers ( @ Kyronix ? ).

Since non-Paragon Monsters decay very fast, if they loot the uninsured drops from characters' corpses, it is very likely that with the time it takes to get ressed and back to one's own corpse, that the monster that looted might have been killed by someone else and the corpse decayed...

Monsters should NOT loot Shogun drops, PERIOD.

They created anti loot statue just because of your complaints do you not have and use ?
    edited October 2023
    Riner said:
    @ Pawain those are pretty impressive stats on the Dex suit. Do you find that the loss of the super slayer from the talisman hampers your damage? Think I'm going to work on one for my sampire\dexer to use in events.
    Oh the first thing you remove from max suit is the weapon. I can use slayers.  I build max then remove items to get desired stats.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    im not understanding most of these complaints, i play a sampire, i been getting roughly 15 drops an hour with 0 luck, only paragons ive had issues with is paragon skel drag and a paragon Oni, rest of them easily take em toe to toe, there is enough spawn around if ya run low on life you just life leech from them while fighting the paragon.
  • @popps EC and Pinco will solve ALL of your problems