Treasure TROVE Maps only from 5 Monsters ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,954
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

Chests have a chance to contain the following loot items based on level, package, and facet,

Treasure Maps one level higher than the current level of map (All packages, up to Hoard)

That is, I understand, Cache Treasure Maps can yield Hoard Treasure Maps but it stops there (up to Hoard). That is, Hoard Treasure Chests cannot yield Trove Treasure Maps....

The same Link also says :

Which monsters carry treasure maps ?

5 Trove Allosaurus, Corgul the Soulbinder, Scalis the Enforcer,The Great Ape, Tyrannosaurus Rex

So, for Trove Maps a player is stuck to only hunt these 5 Creatures ?

Also, the Link also says : 

Chests have a chance to contain the following loot items based on level, package, and facet,
Scrolls of Transcendence, Skill & value based on package and facet (All packages, stash, hoard and trove)

Is that correct ? 

Scrolls of Transcendence can be found on Treasure Chests on all facets ?

It was my understanding that they were limited to Felucca Treasure Maps...

Also, how come that "Stash" treasure Maps carry them but not Supply or Cache Treasure Maps ?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Go do maps all your questions will be answered and you can update the wiki
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    Grimbeard said:
    Well, with the new Tokuno Event about to go live, it will be quite hard to have time for anything else in UO....
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Well, with the new Tokuno Event about to go live, it will be quite hard to have time for anything else in UO....
    You've had months and you can do tokuno  maps
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    @popps - The wording in the wiki can misread.  Hoard maps are the last level of map that will give you a higher level map.  Almost all of my Trove maps have come from Hoard chests.
  • poem  Two-Minute Tune-Up

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
     :D 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    Wasn't this already a popps novel like a year or two ago?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    keven2002 said:
    Wasn't this already a popps novel like a year or two ago?
    Yes.  The part about trove maps was for sure. He forgot he can get them fron any hoard map.

But he has to dig them up.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2023
    TimSt said:
    @ popps - The wording in the wiki can misread.  Hoard maps are the last level of map that will give you a higher level map.  Almost all of my Trove maps have come from Hoard chests.
    @TimSt

Ah... that would make sense...

I could not understand why Hoard Chests would be the only one not being able to yield a higher Treasure Map...

If you have a large experience with Treasure Maps, can you please also clarify the part about Transcendence scrolls in Treasure Chests ?

Scrolls of Transcendence, Skill & value based on package and facet (All packages, stash, hoard and trove)

Did you find that to be correct ? 

Scrolls of Transcendence can be found on Treasure Chests on all  facets ?

I am asking because it was my understanding that they were limited to Felucca Treasure Maps...

Also, can you also conform that "Stash" (and Hoard and Trove) Treasure Maps carry them, but not Supply or Cache Treasure Maps ?

Thank you for the clarifications !

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited October 2023
    Not sure what you are saying about maps Popps.  As far as yielding maps goes, cache chests yield hoard maps, and hoard chests yield trove maps pretty much on a regular basis if you do a few a night.  Trove chests don’t yield any maps.  Only cache chests in Fel. contain scrolls.  All other cache maps just the usual: gold, jewels, misc junk, and maybe 8 fragments.  As far as monsters go, some killable ones most good players can solo give out hoard maps.  If you want Trove maps, do hoard maps on a regular basis.  Sometimes, not that often, you can get 2 in a chest.  Have done chests a lot the last few years.  Don’t do Endon chests but do the others.  Lish. trove chests spawn renegade changlings, good luck if you try to solo one of them.
    As far as pink and blue scrolls go, the mix in hoard and trove chests does not appear to be based on the chest’s location.  The chest type, warrior, mage or whatever, does affect the scroll skills. 
    edited October 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    Not sure what you are saying about maps Popps.  As far as yielding maps goes, cache chests yield hoard maps, and hoard chests yield trove maps pretty much on a regular basis if you do a few a night.  Trove chests don’t yield any maps.  Only cache chests in Fel. contain scrolls.  All other cache maps just the usual: gold, jewels, misc junk, and maybe 8 fragments.  As far as monsters go, some killable ones most good players can solo give out hoard maps.  If you want Trove maps, do hoard maps on a regular basis.  Sometimes, not that often, you can get 2 in a chest.  Have done chests a lot the last few years.  Don’t do Endon chests but do the others.  Lish. trove chests spawn renegade changlings, good luck if you try to solo one of them.
    As far as pink and blue scrolls go, the mix in hoard and trove chests does not appear to be based on the chest’s location.  The chest type, warrior, mage or whatever, does affect the scroll skills. 
    Thank you for your reply.

As in regards to the Transcendence (pink) scrolls, the UO Wiki indicates, as I understand it, that they can be found in Treasure Chests "based on package and facet ".

Unfortunately, at least to my reading, the UO Wiki does not specify what these facets where Treasure Chests carry Transcendence (pink) scrolls are...

Now, I thought that only the Felucca Treasure Chests carried them.... yet, some other player, mentioned that all facets Treasure Chests carry Transcendence (pink) scrolls.... 

So, I am confused to actually what facets do carry Transcendence (pink) scrolls...

Also, the UO Wiki further mentions that only the STASH, HOARD and TROVE Treasure Chests carry Transcendence (pink) scrolls.

That is, to my understanding from the UO Wiki, Supply and Cache Treasure Chests do NOT carry Transcendence scrolls, period.

Is this also according to your experience with doing Treasure Maps ?

Thank you for the clarification.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited October 2023
    The information in the wiki comes directely from the publish notes, I thought they were clear. I will amend the wording, it is all maps upto and including Hoard. Obviously trove chests can't have a higher map.
    Most of the Trove maps my treasure hunter gets come from Hoard chests.
    All facets have transcendence scrolls, what skill they have in depends on the facet, ie chiv & necro, Malas because those skills were introduced in that expansion, bushido and ninjitsu Tokuno, etc.

Mariah said:
    The information in the wiki comes directely from the publish notes, I thought they were clear. I will amend the wording, it is all maps upto and including Hoard. Obviously trove chests can't have a higher map.
    Most of the Trove maps my treasure hunter gets come from Hoard chests.
    All facets have transcendence scrolls, what skill they have in depends on the facet, ie chiv & necro, Malas because those skills were introduced in that expansion, bushido and ninjitsu Tokuno, etc.

Thank you for the clarification.

Indeed, the Publish notes say what the UO Wiki says which it is, that only STASH, HOARD and TROVE Treasure Chests carry Transcendence scrolls...

For some reasons, Supply and Cache Treasure Chests do not.

Anyone more into Treasure Maps has an opinion of why that could be ?

What do Supply and Cache Treasure Chests carry, in place of Transcendence scrolls ?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    edited October 2023
    Why don’t you try examining the Treasure Chest database at https://www.uo-cah.com/treasure-map-search .

You can search by package type, as in (for example)  “trammel, cache, assassin” to see exactly what those chests are likely to contain and then compare them to every other level of map. 

Or, you can search by item type to target certain things, as in see every chest that contains (for example) the decorative grape vines.

At this point I’ve done hundreds, if not over a thousand, chests with the new treasure hunting system and have found the database to be accurate.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I do low level maps all of the time and get SoTs all of the time...and i've yet to dig a feluccan map.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited October 2023
    Jepeth said:
    Why don’t you try examining the Treasure Chest database at https://www.uo-cah.com/treasure-map-search .

You can search by package type, as in (for example)  “trammel, cache, assassin” to see exactly what those chests are likely to contain and then compare them to every other level of map. 

Or, you can search by item type to target certain things, as in see every chest that contains (for example) the decorative grape vines.

At this point I’ve done hundreds, if not over a thousand, chests with the new treasure hunting system and have found the database to be accurate.
    Very handy.... thank you !

Something odd, though, I was searching the Database by item, specifically for Fishing Alacrity (blue) and Transcendence (pink) scrolls but the Database, which is in alphbetical order, goes straight from Fencing to Focus, skipping outight Fishing...

Same searching for Bushido Alacrity (blue) and Transcendence (pink) scrolls... the Database goes straight from Blacksmithing to Carpentry, skipping outright Bushido....

What gives ?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    popps said:

What gives ?
    I'd expect that those scrolls were never found to appear in chests during testing of the treasure chest update publish, and so were left out of the database.

This has also been my experience. I've only ever gotten fishing blue and pink scrolls from champion spawns and (especially) from city trade runs. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited October 2023
    Don’t recall ever getting any fishing related scroll from a chest.  Not really sure about Bushido.  Could not say one way or another about that one.  Don’t do stash chests anymore, maybe if I got one as loot, and just once in a while do I do supply.  Get blue scrolls from supply but I think just once in a while.  Could not verify they have pink scrolls.  Just don’t do those often enough to say.
    The question is answered lets not let the popps trolls run loose how about we lock it up
  • Trove maps suck as much or possibly more than op

Try one in Ilshenar or Eodon and you will never want to see that trash again

If you want a fishing pink get a fire painting and wait and wait and wait