Anyone familiar with UO Cartographer ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,955
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
I had to install UO and UOAssist on a different computer but now am having issues with UOCartographer... anyone familiar with it can help me out, please ?

I did download the zipped .mul files and extracted them in the Documents/UO Cartographer folder as the readme file instructs.

Upon launching UO Cartographer I right clicked, went into Options and changed the path of the Classic Client to the correct one on my computer, closed Uo Cartographer and opened it up again.

I get the Message that it cannot find the client Map Files and then it starts Converting Maps.... It starts with Converting Felucca but the bar does not progress... it stays there, and I waited long....

If I click OK on the other Gump, the one titled "There was a problem", and keep clicking OK for the other facets, on the other facets (but the Felucca one) I see some progress with a green bar that for some facets is less advanced and for other facets is more advanced but it does not really seem to end the conversion process with the green bar advancing in full to 100%...

Anyways, after clicking several times on OK for the various facets, eventually the UOC screen opens up but it is a black screen.... I can right click on it and get a Menu with various options, but that is about it.

Anyone who is familiar with UO Cartographer can please help me out to fix it ?

Thank you !!

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Is it an approved app? 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited October 2023
    As a follow up, I uninstalled UO Cartographer and reinstalled it again, including the .mul files in the Documents\UO Cartographer folder and now it skips the rebuilding of the Maps part but I just get, as seen in the screenshot, a Map of Britain showing while my character is clearly upstairs Luna... and yes, I do am using UOAssist as UO Cartographer says needs be done when using the Classic Client in order to have UO Cartographer track the character...

Anyone has some idea of what might be wrong ?
    Thank you for the kind help !!

Oh, and if I right click on UO Cartographer and choose from the Menu "Center on Player" this is what I get...

• poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Grimbeard said:
    Is it an approved app? 

My understanding is that it used to be... do I remember correctly ?
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023
    popps said:
    As a follow up, I uninstalled UO Cartographer and reinstalled it again,

As far as i could read in the linked uostratics setup instructions and FAQ/Troubleshooting, that wasn't one of the steps listed. 

• uovmc aka "UO Mapistro" seems to be the go to these days. Try that one out. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    UO Mapistro is the shizznit...I highly recommend it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    uovmc aka "UO Mapistro" seems to be the go to these days. Try that one out. 
    Again i ask is this an approved app ?? If only we had some way of knowing... like maybe the Dev team could post an official updated list 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    UO Mapistro is the shizznit...I highly recommend it.
    TY Will try it.