Pumpkins and Butchers

2»

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited October 2023
    Probabilities have always interested me.  Typically most players fall in the middle range getting close to the expected probability but there are almost always outliers that do much better or worst than expected.  In this game with so many variables am finding this discussion quite interesting.  My experience so far is a pretty good carving kit rate from butchers and a relatively low rate for bones with my setup.
    At Yuko even my rate for the earrings was very close to the expected rate while another player I knew rarely got a set until the last week or so of the event.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Bones are 1/3 chance or less.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited October 2023
    And as a side note, I just hit all of my runes to pumpkins, tram and fel...found 2 Grimms..neither had Pumpkins...an insulting spawn/drop rate for a deco only item....and let me be clear. I'm not and never have been looking for an Easy Button,and I also am an old school D&D player and our group never liked or wanted what we referred to as a Monty Hall DM, if you're not old enough to know who Monty Hall was...congratulations...but we didn't expect a +5 Vorpal Blade on every Ogre corpse....but to recall to 20+ spots and find only 2 Grimms...and for neither of them to have a silly pumpkin, @Kyronix , as intended or not, that's pretty silly...It's Halloween season, and all we want to do is decorate with everything we can..and to make us use the entire season, and sometimes multiple seasons, to complete a set of deco items...is pretty unfair..because let's be honest, when this Feudal Lord ToT thing starts, the drops will be astronomical and we all know it.....

And on a side side note...does that Medusa looking pumpkin still have a chance of getting crafted, or am I wasting my time ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Yes you can get all pumpkin types. Took me over 100 tries to get the Medusa pumpkin the year they came out.  Since the RNG favors you it should take 10.

I have gotten each new pumpkin when they came out, so I disagree with your analysis. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Where can I find a picture list of all the pumpkin sets?
  • I have been Grimm and butcher hunting A LOT for the last few years and this years RNG seems about the same. Last year my favorite thing was to die in the dungeon and then go chasing my own bones or bring others their bones - esp fun colored ones. Carving kit drop rate seems about the same - so yeah, unreliable. Same on the pumpkins. Bones have always been a tough one for me. Sometimes logging resets my luck - this is unproven of course.

I have been leaving old pumpkin styles in Grimm corpses because I have so many. I will bring em and drop em in Luna for y'all who don't have enough of the stupid green ones. I'm on Pac but I am sure I have a freakin excess on Atl too. All in all I can't wait for the dungeon so I can go chasing and gifting bones. I take long breaks from this game but this season always pulls me back in