Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• Skett said:
    Hail CM any update on the chicken lizard eggs not advancing/ maturing

GL here !  :)
    Hail and well met!

i can’t comment on that at this time I’m afraid. 
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Welcome! Congratulations! And sympathies on your new position. :p
    I think most of us are thrilled that the team has added such an important (to us the players) position. Could you possible give us a description of what we can bug you about? I think it would be helpful if you could educate us on what you can and cannot do.

Thank you for your bravery!

Thank you very much! :)
    At the moment, I can speak with you on various issues. I am unable to speak on the status of bug reports, and I would kindly ask that people refrain asking me on a status of a bug report. I will be posting on social media various relevant announcements, but I will not leak any information before it is readily available.
    Please make sure that UOForums is the first place that you post all relevant information about UO we are tired of being the last to know..
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I think most of us are thrilled that the team has added such an important (to us the players) position. Could you possible give us a description of what we can bug you about? I think it would be helpful if you could educate us on what you can and cannot do.

At the moment, I can speak with you on various issues. I am unable to speak on the status of bug reports, and I would kindly ask that people refrain asking me on a status of a bug report. I will be posting on social media various relevant announcements, but I will not leak any information before it is readily available.
    Please make sure that UOForums is the first place that you post all relevant information about UO we are tired of being the last to know..
    Embrace the future 
  • Grimbeard said:

Embrace the future 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Grimbeard said:

Embrace the future 
    This is the OFFICAL FORUM of UO and is owned by UO so it should be the first place to post and the first place people come to read about UO along with UO.COM.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    ^^^
  • This is the OFFICAL FORUM of UO and is owned by UO so it should be the first place to post and the first place people come to read about UO along with UO.COM.
    Dude, calm down and relax. No reason to act up like a prima donna, just because your favored channel of communications was put second. Both posts (here and on facebook) were made on the same day. What big difference does it make, if one was made a little bit earlier than the other?

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170

Welcome  Those other platforms are fine but this should always be your first place to post and please make sure that any discussions on other platforms are linked here.  Will you be allowed to post to UO Stratics?

Thank you. I will not be on Stratics.
    Am I reading this right? The community manager will NOT be on Stratics? 

That would be pretty ironic if the UO Community Manager is NOT going to be on the "official" UO community platform. 
  • Will you be allowed to post to UO Stratics?

Welcome aboard! This statement is a huge miss in my opinion. A community Manager is an outreach position that communicates with the community where they are and in their spaces.

The key word being outreach. It would be nice to see the professional team bury the hatchet and focus on building the overall community engagement. 

*Tips his hat and continues down the road to Vesper, spots a clove of garlic alongside the road and tucks the reagent into his pocket for a future recepie* 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023
    I will be here to speak with you on various issues, follow up on bug reports that have been posted to the forum

Community Manager said:
    I will be here to speak with you on various issues, follow up on bug reports that have been posted to the forum

I can speak with you on various issues. I am unable to speak on the status of bug reports

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Initial excitement quickly smashed a puppet figurehead that will simply mimic everything posted elsewhere with no real ability to effectively communicate due to a short leash 
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited October 2023
    Stratics and Reddit have a lot of engagement from players. Let's hope this is realized at some point because it's important to engage with all of UO. FB and X are small for UO's engagements compared to both of these other platforms.

On weekly basis, r/UltimaOnline has a post about a returning player to the game asking how to get started or where to go. It would be awesome if we could see more official developers/CM's helping players get started again in UO.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Grimbeard said:
    Initial excitement quickly smashed a puppet figurehead that will simply mimic everything posted elsewhere with no real ability to effectively communicate due to a short leash 
    Ya. I told you that before he answered questions.  UO has been secretive for 26 years. Not going to change any more than Frodo will.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    keven2002 said:

Welcome  Those other platforms are fine but this should always be your first place to post and please make sure that any discussions on other platforms are linked here.  Will you be allowed to post to UO Stratics?

Am I reading this right? The community manager will NOT be on Stratics? 

That would be pretty ironic if the UO Community Manager is NOT going to be on the "official" UO community platform. 
    Stratics lost that status when these forums opened. 

Been years now.

This is the official forum. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I think he's in enough places, posting on Stratics is really not necessary when you have me! :)

LOL all kidding aside, it's really not a big deal, he's got his hands full with where he's posting already, I think the information flow is excellent and there are plenty of people who will convey information on Stratics.

The fact that we have someone doing this again is awesome.

• Stratics hosts both methods and resources for stealing Electronic Arts intellectual property.

It would be kind of odd for an official EA rep to be interacting with the very site that promotes theft from EA.

Stratics ownership made their decisions when they brought back that section of the website. Those decisions have consequences.

--
    Hail and well met Fenneko.

--
    What's this with bug reports?

You're here to follow up on bug reports posted to the forum, but you can't speak on the status of bug reports?

What the hell does that even mean? My CorpSpeak Etiquette skill is low.
    -Arroth
    Thrakkar said:
    This is the OFFICAL FORUM of UO and is owned by UO so it should be the first place to post and the first place people come to read about UO along with UO.COM.
    Dude, calm down and relax. No reason to act up like a prima donna, just because your favored channel of communications was put second. Both posts (here and on facebook) were made on the same day. What big difference does it make, if one was made a little bit earlier than the other?

They were NOT made on the same day and how many times does stuff get posted to other places long before it get posted here and sometimes it never does.  We are tired of being the bastard step child.
    Will you be allowed to post to UO Stratics?

Welcome aboard! This statement is a huge miss in my opinion. A community Manager is an outreach position that communicates with the community where they are and in their spaces.

The key word being outreach. It would be nice to see the professional team bury the hatchet and focus on building the overall community engagement. 

*Tips his hat and continues down the road to Vesper, spots a clove of garlic alongside the road and tucks the reagent into his pocket for a future recepie* 
    DAoC DEVs/Employees are only allowed to post on their official forum so I would think that would also apply to UOs employees 
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I hope you will give strong consideration to also setting up a Mastodon account on the mstdn.games server, as EM Lyraa did. Join the fediverse! It’s a pretty cool place with a lot of interesting people. The vast majority of people are much more mellow and pleasant in their posting than you find on places like X and Meta.  It would also help UO get more exposure outside the U.S.
    Lord_Frodo said:

DAoC DEVs/Employees are only allowed to post on their official forum so I would think that would also apply to UOs employees 

DAOC has an official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DarkAgeofCamelot?mibextid=LQQJ4d
  • Will you be allowed to post to UO Stratics?

Right becuase doing what we have always done works great! 

Look in this day and age its not the "Communities" job to come to you. You will be waiting for a long time. A successful company engages their community where they are at and spend their time. Wherever that might be and without judgement. 

We all loved and grew into UO because of the cutting edge nature of the evolution in the engagement from year to year. Let's open the doors on engagement in a cutting edge way. A community manager is a great step. Encouraging them to engage with the UO community where ever they might exist, now that is getting into cutting the edge. Done properly it could also drive more engagement on whatever main site the UO team would like to focus on. Win-Win. 

It's just not that hard or time consuming. It does take some initiative and strategic steps. 

*Waves to his old friend Bailey as he enters The Twisted Oven for lunch and a Good Old Glass of Moonglow Red* 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    edited October 2023
    Margrette said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

DAOC has an official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DarkAgeofCamelot?mibextid=LQQJ4d
    And so does UO https://www.facebook.com/UltimaOnline/  Is Facebook a forum
    Will you be allowed to post to UO Stratics?

Right becuase doing what we have always done works great! 

Look in this day and age its not the "Communities" job to come to you. You will be waiting for a long time. A successful company engages their community where they are at and spend their time. Wherever that might be and without judgement. 

We all loved and grew into UO because of the cutting edge nature of the evolution in the engagement from year to year. Let's open the doors on engagement in a cutting edge way. A community manager is a great step. Encouraging them to engage with the UO community where ever they might exist, now that is getting into cutting the edge. Done properly it could also drive more engagement on whatever main site the UO team would like to focus on. Win-Win. 

It's just not that hard or time consuming. It does take some initiative and strategic steps. 

*Waves to his old friend Bailey as he enters The Twisted Oven for lunch and a Good Old Glass of Moonglow Red* 
    I never said I agree with it I just stated BS/DAoC policy and as UO is part of BS I would assume that they have the same rules.
  • Facebook in 2023? This forum in 2023? Get an ‘official’ discord please new community guy and join voice so I can give you the benefit of my accent and feedback on this ancient institution 
    Margrette said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

And so does UO https://www.facebook.com/UltimaOnline/  Is Facebook a forum
    Eh, maybe not so much when you look at this forum and Stratics or reddit. There are also Facebook groups that require you to request to join, have rules about what you can post, and are policed to varying degrees by moderators. But I get your point that the UO and DAOC official Facebook pages aren’t quite like the forums we might think of. But EA/BS have maintained those pages for quite a few years now and the various people who have done that work do once in a blue moon actually reply to comments that people make. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    Please join Discord like others have asked 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    DAOC has their own official discord listed on the homepage:

Heck, they even have an official Twitch presence!

B)