New community person!!

Saw post on Facebook saying we finally have a community liaison!

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    edited October 2023
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited October 2023
    That is nice but to be honest this is the first place he/she should have posted and there is nothing on UO.COM about this.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=793471746119967&set=a.453983656735446
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Update us here on what he says.  Forums are as close to social media as I get.

:D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Interesting that there's no introduction here where we're most active. Glad to see they are making progress on communication though. They need it!
  • Looks to be unofficial. aka self appointed fan.
    Looks to be unofficial. aka self appointed fan.
    He has the Kadence of the UO team, Obcessed  Fan. 
    That's the official uo Facebook page not just anyone should be able to post there? 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    Unless they show up here they're of no use to me. I haven't had anything to do with Zuckerberg's misinformation distribution center since 2017.
    @CM_Fenneko ; Welcome to the Forums!

:)  :)  
  • Pawain said:
    But they're posting as the official UO Facebook page...???
    Pawain said:
    But they're posting as the official UO Facebook page...???
    Just pointing out the kadence.  But I'd be happy with a community manager, real or fake.
    Pawain said:
    @ CM_Fenneko  Welcome to the Forums!

:)  :)  

User not found.

The user you were looking for could not be found.
     :p  :p  
    @Kyronix is this a real person or something fake ?
    His portrait is on his profile so he is a real Minion.
  • That is nice but to be honest this is the first place he/she should have posted and there is nothing on UO.COM about this.

Exactly my thoughts also. No information on UO.com (!) and here on the official UO forums.

And to be blunt: a "social networking" and "community person" posting where 3 out of 4 "social networks" requires a forced (!) login... seems not to be very "social" to me tbh. Not everybody has this or even wants to do this for a simple game and information.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Vagabond said:
    That is nice but to be honest this is the first place he/she should have posted and there is nothing on UO.COM about this.

Exactly my thoughts also. No information on UO.com (!) and here on the official UO forums.

And to be blunt: a "social networking" and "community person" posting where 3 out of 4 "social networks" requires a forced (!) login... seems not to be very "social" to me tbh. Not everybody has this or even wants to do this for a simple game and information.
    There is quite a number of people, included among UO players I would imagine, who are not on social networks....

Therefore, I would like to see a UO community rep. to post on these Official UO Forum for all those UO players not present on Social networks ......
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    CM_Fenneko - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)
    CM_Fenneko is indeed an official member of Broadsword staff.
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

There is quite a number of people, included among UO players I would imagine, who are not on social networks....

Therefore, I would like to see a UO community rep. to post on these Official UO Forum for all those UO players not present on Social networks ......
    Yet 27 k people have liked the uo Facebook page 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

What's your point, McDougle? Are you saying we should be involved with FB if we want news that there's a new UO Liaison? So, rather than expect they might post here? 

You don't make sense to me.You're always bitching about wanting more communication with UO staff but now you seem oppositional toward posters who'd rather welcome CM_Fenneko on these boards than randomly find out because you saw a FB post.

At the very least, why not post in both places? 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I would have to agree with Lily.

I know this is the age of Social Media but there are still many many people who do not have a facebook account, do not have an instagram account, nor do they wish to.

For us to find out about this person through someone else who happened across it on Facebook doesn't really make sense?

That's great that they are on those platforms, the more exposure the better! But they really need to introduce themselves here, and I think they should have done that first..or at least at the same time.

I am glad that the team found someone to do this! That's GREAT! They are so busy and need someone to act as a go-between on the forums and social media so I am super excited and hope to see a lot of posts here from them!

Pawain said:
    His portrait is on his profile so he is a real Minion.
    What profile?  You need to provide a link.
    edited October 2023
    Mariah said:
    CM_Fenneko - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)
    CM_Fenneko is indeed an official member of Broadsword staff.
    So 8 days and nothing, typical.

CM_Fenneko

About

Username CM_Fenneko
     Joined September 26
     Visits 34  Last Active 6:10AM  Roles Member, Active UO Account  Posts 0

Discussions

• This user has not made any discussions yet.
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

The problem is that you can not start anything on that page just respond to stuff he/she starts, unlike the other UO related Facebook pages.
    The official forum is probably the least visited.  any of the younger customer base UO will need to survive another 26 years will prefer any of the other social media platforms over the official forum